image_(resized).jpg
Babou_(resized).png
0121161453b_HDR_(resized).jpg
0121161453_HDR_(resized).jpg
12417710_1041505515913129_2222408403649413023_n_(resized).jpg
Sploosh.jpg
Ubuntu3.png
Playfield.jpg
There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 8 years ago

Started a blog for our Archer pinball project (code-name Die no Sores vs Monster trucks) here. Check back for news and updated videos soon!

http://pinballreviews.com/archerblog.htm

#2 8 years ago

I love the left ramp entrance through the pops. Very cool!

#3 8 years ago

Are we excited about this, ecurtz? Yes we are, other ecurtz, yes we are.

#4 8 years ago

Holy sh*tsnacks!

#5 8 years ago

Yes please!!!

#6 8 years ago

Very interesting, really like the ramp through the pops shot

#7 8 years ago

Will love to see where this goes

#9 8 years ago

Wow that playfield flows beautifully. That's a pretty exciting project!

#10 8 years ago

Called it. Looking forward to more.

#11 8 years ago

Very cool! Can you share the details on what you are doing for software and related hardware? E.g., framework, PROC/Fast, etc.?

#12 8 years ago

DROOOOOOOOOOL

Is there a distribution plan for this? Or will this be a one-off game?

#13 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#14 8 years ago

Pretty bitchen Keith! The layout kicks ass, reminds me a lot of Demolition Man. Combo shots aplenty.

#15 8 years ago

I just started to get into Archer. This is great! I love the top let flipper and the captive ball mechanism. This is a very well thought-out layout. Adding this to favorites, cant wait to see it finished!

#16 8 years ago

Love it.

#17 8 years ago

great work so far. About time someone gave Archer some lovin'

#18 8 years ago

Is there going to be a fast money round? Paddy?

#19 8 years ago

Love the Ocelot spinner! does it make a spray sound when spinning?

#20 8 years ago

Do you want an awesome pinball? Because that's how you get an awesome pinball.

#21 8 years ago

I never thought this would happen.... I am not sure what to do with myself. Can't wait to see more!

#22 8 years ago

Very cool looks like a layout john t wld do with a mix of congo and jd .

#23 8 years ago

The looping shots up top look great, and I agree, left ramp through the pops is neato.

Archer is the best!

Why are all the best looking new machines coming from weekend warriors doing them in their basements...?

#24 8 years ago

I love the ocelot spinner!

#25 8 years ago

Wow! This is great, love it when people come up with innovative yet simple ideas.

One suggestion, when the rocket launcher is down, a shot to the captive ball sends the trapped ball into a post. This post could be swapped for a standup target to add another scoring feature.

#26 8 years ago

If only a new Stern had a layout and theme this cool

#27 8 years ago

Read the rule sheet...are we seriously not doing phrasing? Haha looks great and we'll thought out. Maybe a Brent bunson "god damn it archer" for a left or right drain and if ball save is lit archer saying "shut up brent" a well placed noop too. Such a great show you'll need to make multiple machines for all the great callouts.

#28 8 years ago

Bear Claws!

#29 8 years ago

I dunno squat about Archer, but that ball lock/add-a-ball seriously needs to be licenced to Stern so that I can have that on a game.

#30 8 years ago

If there's not a ping pong paddle hidden on the playfield your missing a great chance.

#31 8 years ago

Sploosh! Nice Work!

#32 8 years ago

So much great material.

Got to have 'Phrasing' mode.

Would love to see one of the ramps or something go 'dickhead' -> 'super dickhead' -> 'ultra dickhead'

Please tell me the spinner says 'you fox eared asshole!!!' after a number of spins

#33 8 years ago

Awesome - a tactical turtle neck would be essential gear. I hope I get to play this someday.

#35 8 years ago

"Woodhouse.....again!!!!"

You guys rock!

Later,
EV

#36 8 years ago

RAAAAAAAAAAMMMMPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

(Gotta have a rampage mode.)

#37 8 years ago

I am impressed by the layout. It looks like like the pin has great flow.

#38 8 years ago

If this ever got mass produced, I am pretty sure it is the ONLY pinball my GF would buy. Holy crap this looks awesome.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Wow! This is great, love it when people come up with innovative yet simple ideas.
One suggestion, when the rocket launcher is down, a shot to the captive ball sends the trapped ball into a post. This post could be swapped for a standup target to add another scoring feature.

Thank you. Keep in mind though that video is old. The RL is equipped with optos to keep track of how many balls and whether or not it's been hit.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Very cool looks like a layout john t wld do with a mix of congo and jd .

The left up/down ramp through the jets was definitely inspired by Congo (Not Roadshow lol) And the up the middle (Shooting range target which is still being made) to feed the upper left and right flippers is a take on DM's ACMAG shot. The right ramp has been redesigned to be faster since that old whitewood video was made .

#40 8 years ago

If you can get permission to use Rush songs this is a slam dunk buy!

#41 8 years ago

I'd rather see Die no sores vs Monster trucks myself

#42 8 years ago

Very cool. Newton ball lock lift ramp is tight, nice work.

#43 8 years ago

How about a Lacrosse kickback? Either way, Barry likes it as does other Barry.

#44 8 years ago

Do you want ants?

1d99abc952c188da6c78f879d59cdc47926061a6bd88a5c47b85e2a1ce7e7f50.jpg1d99abc952c188da6c78f879d59cdc47926061a6bd88a5c47b85e2a1ce7e7f50.jpg
#45 8 years ago

The layout and mechanics on this table are awesome!!! Love it 100%

#46 8 years ago

Wow, so many cool things on the machine. I'm not an Archer fan, but the layout is solid. The small flipper placement will obviously draw comparison to Twilight Zone. I'm talking specifically about the "camera" and "piano" shots. If that was indeed the inspiration it would be fun to play homage to that. Maybe a similar sound effect interrupted by a snide comment from Archer. Nothing too overused, maybe only in a certain mode.

I had to keep watching the add-a-ball video to figure out what was happening. There's a lot going on to setup that shot. I understand the "manual" feature, but what about returning balls at the end of the game. There must me some type of automatic ejection feature that's not shown in the video.

#47 8 years ago

damn this layout is legit. this video sold it for me

shows all the major shots a nice quick video. hope i can get a chance to play this one day.

sell this design to JJP ;p

#48 8 years ago

I WANT MORE!!!! My business partner, coworker and myself, love archer... unfortunately, I get called Cyril at work......

#49 8 years ago

I really like the captive ball/hold area with the diverter. That's very clever, and it opens up a lot of interesting shots.

#50 8 years ago

I just keep thinking of all the possible call outs. You could play an hour long game without hearing the sameone twice. LANA!

There are 497 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/archer-home-brew-pinball-machine-blog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.