(Topic ID: 97933)

"Smart Color" Under Cabinet Kit in stock! Black Friday!

By ArcadeUpkeep

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I'll add you to the list! I'll email everyone when they are here and ready to go.

I hope I'm still on the list. I PM'd awhile ago

2 weeks later
#47 9 years ago

Can you post pics of how/where this hooks up to the backbox? Or are there installation instructions that you can post for the Bally/Williams kits?

#49 9 years ago

Yes, that would help. There is a hack in the game I want to install this on and I want to make sure the hack won't effect the installation. Please email me the instructions. My email is the same as my pay-pal address that you have.

Thanks a lot.

3 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

Ok I must be the first Beta tester to receive my kit. Below is a video of the kit in my T2. So here is my review.

Part one, the kit in general:

The LED's are nice and bright and you really notice them, no problem there. The kits interactive nature is amazing works really well in general. The product was packaged well and was free from any damage. The install was a snap it took about 20 minutes and that's with hot gluing the wires and LED's in several places (a must if you ask me). Creates a really beautiful lightshow that totally immerses you in the game. A must for your favourite titles.

Part two, the kit relating specifically to T2:

Pros:
- I loved how the LED's flashed blue for one ramp shot and red for the other
- loved the red when the cannon was loaded and aiming, could have used a secondary colour like purple
- I really liked the light show at the end when you drain your last ball and all the flashers are going off

Cons:
- I didn't really like the solid blue in attract mode, too plane and doesn't really attract you. Would have liked to see other colours fade in and out slowly or medium
- I found the kit didn't go off (flash) enough during gameplay
- I also found too much red in the kit, the red was very over powering, would have liked to see a lot more purple
- When the cannon was loaded it just flashed red, I would have liked to see it flash red and purple since there is so much single red flashing in the game.
- the overall colour scheme was good, red for pops, red for one ramp blue for the other, green for kickout holes. I would have liked to see more mixture of the colours.
- My pops seemed to have lost power after install? I could be wrong, maybe I pulled on something when I was pulling the playfield up and down
- and this one was my biggest disappointment/pet peeve. The kit doesn't go off (flash) AT ALL during Payback Time, and that is (I guess) the main wizard mode if you can call it that. That was a BIG letdown for me to get to Payback Time and no kit

Overall this kit adds a really cool effect and although it is quite expensive (cost me $130 with conversion and boarder tax) it is a must for your favourite games.

Video below ( watch in 1080p HD )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcadeupkeep-introducing-new-smart-color-under-cabinet-kit?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.