(Topic ID: 97933)

"Smart Color" Under Cabinet Kit in stock! Black Friday!

By ArcadeUpkeep

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Introducing our New Under Cabinet “Smart Color” System
- Any color possible through computer controlled color mixing
- Attract mode GI turns off at game start/turns on after game over sequence
- System monitors game and reacts based on game play
- Custom in-game and end-of-game sequences
- Computer controlled system allows many more possibilities
- Priority based coding means flasher colors never combine
- Optional attract mode GI may be turned off by switch
- Kit is standard across nearly all Stern machines
- Completely plug-and-play, no splicing, no soldering
- Easily transferable to a new machine, all you need is a new chip that is compatible with the new title

Here is a video of it on Avengers, be sure to check out the new end-of-game sequence:

I'm hoping to get the final price on these around $95 but for now I'm looking for a few "beta testers" to try them out and report back. The beta testers will get a $20 discount, PM me if you're interested.

One big feature is this kit can be moved from game to game all that is needed is the new "smart chip" containing the code for the new game (same as updating B/W era games.) I think the price on those will be $15.

They aren't up on the site yet but they will be once I know the system is solid and stable!
Brandon
www.arcadeupkeep.com

EDIT: A version for Bally/Williams WPC machines is at the boardhouse being built as we speak!

RE-EDIT: It's here and ready for testing, I'll be emailing those who said they were interested to try them out!

RE-RE-EDIT: Our Smart Color systems are now online and we have black Friday pricing!

#3 9 years ago

Send me a pm as I'm open to beta testing these for you. Looks like a great product. I have all Sterns so I can put it on any of mine to try it out.

#5 9 years ago

We officially have an IMVE on board!

#6 9 years ago

I only have a few boards left if you want to get in this group.

#7 9 years ago

I'd like to help.

#8 9 years ago

Are they only for stern machines?
I have an Addams family .

#9 9 years ago

I'm working on a version for Bally/Williams machines, it's still a few weeks out but if you're interested let me know and I can put you on the list to test those out!

#10 9 years ago

For sure....let me know

#11 9 years ago

Mustang volunteering for testing has interactive back box too
TAF here also

#12 9 years ago

Tron, Rbion, Demo man and JM here if you need more testers.

#13 9 years ago

I think I've written back to everyone except kvan99 (I will in a minute . . .) Let me know if you didn't hear from me!

#14 9 years ago

I am excited to try it in a Tron since I can finally do the right orange and blue colors!

#15 9 years ago

I've wanted to see orange under Tron since the first day under-cabinet kits were starting to come out. I'm glad it can finally be done! Definitely looking forward to this as well!

#16 9 years ago

I have AC/DC and Metallica if you need someone to test.

#17 9 years ago

I have 6 Sterns in my collection willing to test on any game you want that I have.

#18 9 years ago

I have a ST pro and a xmen magneto LE. I would be interested in purchasing kits for both.

#19 9 years ago

have a ACDC pro and a WPT. I would beta test if still needed.

#20 9 years ago

This would awesome for Metallica LE if you could get it to match the GI perfectly for modes like Blackened.

#21 9 years ago

I have tz , dm , jd, and rs if you need any more testers for Williams /bally but really want one for tz the most

#22 9 years ago

Here's a quick video of the Smart Color Kit on Lord of the Rings. Video didn't pick up all the little details but a few things to note are:

- ring flasher has "flash back" where each time it flashes white there is a slight pause then the kit flashes back blue giving a fast alternating white-blue flasher with the spinner
- pop bumper flasher randomly picks either red, orange or yellow for a fire like look.
- sword lock gets it's own flasher pattern
- both slingshots and slingshot flashers have their own differently colored flashers

There are a few other things but I just wanted to mention these since it may be hard to see in the video.

#23 9 years ago

Only one beta test kit left!

I think I've written back to everyone, if not I'm sorry, please PM me again!

#24 9 years ago

Please put me on the list for Bally/Williams. I would definitely like to beta test these.

#25 9 years ago

There's been alot of demand for a B/W version! It's just a few weeks off, you'll be on the list when I need testers!

#26 9 years ago

I have a LOTR and Spiderman that I could beta test for you

#27 9 years ago

All of the beta test kits have been officially spoken for. Now comes the fun part for me, will the test go smoothly?!

#28 9 years ago

Might be interested in trying one out on my Jackbot or STTNG (pref. Jackbot lol....STTNG is already loaded to the gills with stuff) when you get the Williams version going.

Are the effects customizable by the end user at all, or all predefined by you?

1 week later
#29 9 years ago

Got mine in the mail today. Only took a little less than 10 min to install per machine. Easy to follow detailed instructions. Plug and play!
Star Trek pro. And xmen magneto LE.
Super happy with them. I am going to shoot some video tomorrow afternoon. I will post ASAP.

Fantastic mod.

Just wondering, is it possible to program new chips in the future if you wanted different colors for different flash effects?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Are the effects customizable by the end user at all, or all predefined by you?

The effects can be customized by the end user but I would need to do the coding for it and send it to you. The end user can't change things in the code once it is shipped out except by getting a new chip (which is easy!)

So if you explain to me what you want it to do, I'll code that in and send it out to you.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Just wondering, is it possible to program new chips in the future if you wanted different colors for different flash effects?

Absolutely possible! If you move it to a different game just get that chip, or if you want something specific, like Frax said, just let me know and we'll get it out to you! New chips will be $15 with all the customizing you want!

#32 9 years ago

Hi here are some quick videos of my star trek pro and xmen mags. Sorry my gameplay wasnt better.

#34 9 years ago

I'm starting to hear back from the beta testers and things are looking good!

#35 9 years ago

The WPC Bally/Williams version of this mod has been designed and is at the board house as we speak, should only be a week or two now!

#36 9 years ago

Love to be a Beta tester for the Bally/WMS version.

#37 9 years ago

I'll add you to the list! I'll email everyone when they are here and ready to go.

#38 9 years ago

I'd love to beta test too, if you need any others. Thanks.

#39 9 years ago

My METLE needs this. If you need further help or just ready to sell this stuff, please let me know.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

My METLE needs this. If you need further help or just ready to sell this stuff, please let me know.

I've made a few small changes to the system based on the input from the beta testers, they will be in stock and for sale soon!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I'll add you to the list! I'll email everyone when they are here and ready to go.

Great. Thanks.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I hope I'm still on the list. I PM'd awhile ago

#43 9 years ago

Yep, you're on it too!

I'm working on a version to work with WPC-95 machines right now. It's moving along well.

#44 9 years ago

Can't wait to try it out!

1 week later
#45 9 years ago

The Bally/Williams kits are here and ready for testing! I'm working on emailing those who said they were interested, if anyone else is let me know!

#46 9 years ago

I think I've written to everyone on the list, if I missed you let me know!

#47 9 years ago

Can you post pics of how/where this hooks up to the backbox? Or are there installation instructions that you can post for the Bally/Williams kits?

#48 9 years ago

The full instructions for the Bally/Williams kits aren't written yet but I could send you the instructions for the Stern version which installs very similar to this one if that helps?

#49 9 years ago

Yes, that would help. There is a hack in the game I want to install this on and I want to make sure the hack won't effect the installation. Please email me the instructions. My email is the same as my pay-pal address that you have.

Thanks a lot.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcadeupkeep-introducing-new-smart-color-under-cabinet-kit/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.