(Topic ID: 64994)

Arcade/Pinball Tech Wanted - Austin, TX (FOUND, Thank you Pinside)

By Drew13

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mab487
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hottie.jpg
    Interior6.jpg
    Interior4.jpg
    Interior3.jpg
    Interior5.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    Interior2.jpg
    Interior7.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hello.

We are an amusement vending company located in Denver, CO and we are looking to hire a technician to maintain our machines at a new location in Austin, TX opening in Q1 of 2014.

The technician will need to stop by the location on Mondays and Fridays to make sure everything is working properly. There will be about 20 pieces total in the location. If you would like to work for us please PM me here on Pinside and I will give you my email address.

Our hourly pay is at the high end of technician pay. Please let me know if you are interested and we can go from there. Thank you.

#2 10 years ago

Does this mean Pinballz will have some competition soon?

#3 10 years ago

good luck, can't want to hear about the location.

#4 10 years ago

Wish you guys were opening up closer to me, like in Beaumont or Houston.

Quoted from btw75:

good luck, can't want to hear about the location.

Me too. This sounds really exciting.

#5 10 years ago

So OP, are ya'll going to have an opening party or anything like that? Make sure you let us know here on the Pinside. Add it to the events page as well. I'd drive out to Austin to support ya'lls opening if I knew far enough in advance. Probably a lot of the Houston guys would too.

Keep us in the loop.

3 weeks later
    #6 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So OP, are ya'll going to have an opening party or anything like that? Make sure you let us know here on the Pinside. Add it to the events page as well. I'd drive out to Austin to support ya'lls opening if I knew far enough in advance. Probably a lot of the Houston guys would too.
    Keep us in the loop.

I will keep you in the loop for sure. The location opens in Q1 of 2014, so most likely March with construction delays being the norm.

We are going to have about 20-25 pieces and 5-8 pins, so we are not really competing directly with Pinballz. They will be the newer Sterns and possibly a WOZ. Interior7.jpgInterior7.jpg

Interior.jpgInterior.jpgInterior2.jpgInterior2.jpgInterior3.jpgInterior3.jpgInterior4.jpgInterior4.jpgInterior5.jpgInterior5.jpgInterior6.jpgInterior6.jpg

#7 10 years ago

I am down for some ping pong with that lovely lady!!

#8 10 years ago

Wish I was better at the tech stuff as I'd be interested in it as a second job to help support my hobby fund. I'm pretty sure you're looking for someone that can do more than clean and replace obvious broken things. When it comes down to trouble shooting the not so obvious I'm not so good

Hope you bring in a WOZ as my wife and I have by dying to give it a play now that their is some better code. I don't think Pinballz is getting one. Wish they (or you) would get a WOZ and Metallica though.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from cardfelon:

I am down for some ping pong with that lovely lady!!

hottie.jpghottie.jpg

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Wish I was better at the tech stuff as I'd be interested in it as a second job to help support my hobby fund. I'm pretty sure you're looking for someone that can do more than clean and replace obvious broken things. When it comes down to trouble shooting the not so obvious I'm not so good
    Hope you bring in a WOZ as my wife and I have by dying to give it a play now that their is some better code. I don't think Pinballz is getting one. Wish they (or you) would get a WOZ and Metallica though.

Since the games are all over the board (classics, new games, skeeball, pinball, shuffleboard, etc) we definitely need a well versed tech.

#11 10 years ago

OP, glad you found your tech. Looking forward to the venue you'll be opening! Feel free to join the Austin pinball online community via the Bat City Pinball Club page on Facebook. We can certainly help promote your grand opening, help schedule pinball events, etc.

Quoted from 85vett:

I don't think Pinballz is getting one. Wish they (or you) would get a WOZ and Metallica though.

85vett, Pinballz has had a WOZ ordered for a LONG time, but still waiting to receive it. The date just keeps getting pushed out again... and again... and again. Poor business decision on JJP's part, imho, as they're missing out on an opportunity to get their pin out at a high traffic, high visibility venue to potentially draw in new buyers.

I don't know of any plans for a MET or ST they plan on adding to their venue.

#12 10 years ago

This pleases me.
    Id love to see an EM machine show up...... Cap Fantastic or something cool and classic.

A new location to play is always welcome
    --Jeff

#13 10 years ago

This looks awesome. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcadepinball-tech-wanted-austin-tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.