Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by nerbflong
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chest (resized).jpg
    2018-05-22 19.12.42 (resized).jpg
    2018-01-19 18.49.17 (resized).jpg
    2017-12-03 17.46.53 (resized).jpg
    2017-12-01 17.43.12 (resized).jpg
    PB250284 (resized).JPG
    PB250283 (resized).JPG
    2017-12-01 17.43.59 (resized).jpg
    2017-11-01 19.05.42 (resized).jpg
    2017-11-01 19.05.56 (resized).jpg
    2017-11-01 19.05.35 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-28 19.29.02 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-28 19.26.51 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-28 19.26.10 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-28 19.25.09 (resized).jpg
    2017-09-27 19.13.12 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

Okay, I got a little busy with things and forgot about updating this thread!
    Arcade is mostly done now and you can see a terrible video here:
    » YouTube video
    Pardon the poor video recording, audio of the camera lens doing what ever the heck its doing and a cat deciding that then was the time she wanted attention. Hah.
    The video shows how my arcade is fully automated with Crestron for turning on and lighting. There are 14 zones of lighting, each dimmable and set via the touchscreens. There are 32 separately wired 110 outlets controlled so when the system is off, each game or TV is off the grid. Less to worry about in a storm.
    Not so exciting arcade wise with lighting, no black light carpet or lights, or leds. I had a lot of that with the last game room and preferred to keep it simple (lol) this time in way of lighting. Less glare on the glass!

This is really awesome! Did you have the Crestron stuff done by a company’s or did you do it yourself? About 10 years ago I started doing a couple of home theatres a year, and I was appalled at how poor the API and dev environment were. Setting up via Z-wave took about 1/8 of the time and was just as reliable.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

All the audio/video/110/Crestron is done by me. I've had Crestron in my previous home for 10 years. I bottom feed off ebay for the cheap stuff and work with that. I admit the programming is... ah, intense, but it is very very flexible. I usually use SimplWindows but now and again write a C module for the house code. My current home is 99% controlled by crestron with lighting, HVAC (dual zone), audio, tvs and such.

Glad you guys like it Lots of space, and since I'm outta dough, that empty space will be a pool table for a bit.
    Sign:

Fridge is off camera in a sep room. And yes, luckily the cat lets me play in her game room.

Good for you - I get frustrated and put the automation in our house to the side but this has given me some fire! Did you have that sign made? Very nice

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

You need to get back on with the automation! It's such fun!
    And yes, Ivan on Klov made that sign for me years ago. Its amazing!

I’ve got a big work order to build a LED curtain for my music group so that comes first but I promise I will get back on the horse! Haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcadehome-addtion-build-out?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.