(Topic ID: 135804)

Arcade/Game Room Start to Finish Pictures

By ramegoom

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bar-basement1600_(resized).jpg
    collage04.jpg
    collage03.jpg
    collage02.jpg
    collage01.jpg
    img36.jpg
    img35.jpg
    img34.jpg
    img32.jpg
    img30.jpg
    img18.jpg
    img24.jpg
    img16.jpg
    img12.jpg
    img09.jpg
    img07.jpg
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

Thanks, Jim Z. Your avatar: Is that your Cobra?

#103 8 years ago

Well, we have a few things in common. Here's my current game room, two Cobras and the toys. New game room won't have the cars:
    _8009133.JPG_8009133.JPG

What make is yours? My white one is Everett-Morrison, and the red Spyder is a FFR.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Well, we have a few things in common. Here's my current game room, two Cobras and the toys. New game room won't have the cars:
    _8009133.JPG
    What make is yours? My white one is Everett-Morrison, and the red Spyder is a FFR.

I I I I I I I I I I I I I'm speechless.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

_8009133.JPG

Nice toys!

My car is based on a Shell Valley frame. I started with a frame in 1997 and spent the next 12 years or so building the car.
    So more of a home built as they say.....A few shots,the last shot shows how i get my games in the game-room from garage.
    So we stay on topic a bit.

IMG_12471.jpgIMG_12471.jpg
    IMG_12481.jpgIMG_12481.jpg
    IMG_12491.jpgIMG_12491.jpg
    IMG_12501.jpgIMG_12501.jpg

#106 8 years ago

More drooling here...
    Holy poop, guys! Super jealous!!!

#107 8 years ago

Excellent! Your build looks very correct to the original Cobra. I looked at Shell Valley when I built mine in 1995, but EM were more accommodating, because I was buying a roller. Car has 95,000 miles on it today.

Do you ever get to the London Cobra Show in London, OH? Been going there for 12 years, had Bob Bondurant drive my car at that event.

Maybe it's time to start a thread "Cars and Pins" or something. I'm sure there are others out there in the same craze.

#108 8 years ago

OK you guys, they look great but what's under the hoods?

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK you guys, they look great but what's under the hoods?

535cid BBF

#111 8 years ago

Buick Grand National engines on both. The EM is a single turbo, the FFR Spyder is twin turbos. 11.40 ET for the EM, and not sure what the twins will do, most likely touch into the 10's the way it's set up. The first pass I made with the twins right out of the box, with a stock GM ECM was 11.90, and when I turned up the wick, the back end got away from me (It's an IRS from a T-Bird). Spooked me for a few years until I got it ironed out, and since then put larger turbos and a FAST XFI computer. Haven't had that one to the track since the mod's.

Your big block should be easy 11's. Traction is always a problem with lots of cubes.

#112 8 years ago

So, since you have a 9' basement, is there anything that you have seen so far in your design that you wished you had an extra foot of ceiling height? My current house design has a 9' basement, which will end up becoming a gameroom of similar size to yours. I keep trying to decide if I should go the extra foot or if it's just overkill at that point.

#113 8 years ago

The rafters are 9 ft. throughout. But, ductwork, drain lines, and I beams bring some areas down to in some places, 8 ft or so. The room planning needs to address those places, so you need to consider it. If the ceiling were 8 ft. clear, those same obstacles would be a problem, especially if you have tall machines. I have a skee-ball machine that's 6ft 6in. tall, so placing that machine is important.

Also, I put in a bedroom and bathroom, and had to frame out for drywall. Those rooms were critical in their location, so you need to be concerned with any obstacles.

The upstairs of my house has 12 ft. ceilings throughout. Those are tall ceilings...would be too much for the basement.

I would vote for a MINIMUM of 9 ft. basement ceiling height, and 10 ft if the design allows it.

#114 8 years ago

It sure is coming along! I really enjoy watching the progress, thanks for sharing!

1 week later
    #115 8 years ago

Back on topic, made some progress today. Fireplace framing roughed in:
    img01.jpgimg01.jpg

The kids' prize room window roughed in:
    img02.jpgimg02.jpg

Bar facing is corrugated steel, applied to front of bar:
    img03.jpgimg03.jpg

Bathroom tile completed:
    img04.jpgimg04.jpg

Walk-in shower uses 1x2ft tiles on the walls, textured linen-like surface:
    img05.jpgimg05.jpg

Next step: Carpeting for bed room and stairway. Then the fire place will be installed and framing will be dry-walled, textured and painted. And, when the granite gets here (if it ever does), it will surround the fireplace, top the bar, top the vanity, and counter-top the prize room cage window. Still waiting for the walk-out door <grrr>.

#116 8 years ago

Think it will be finished for Christmas?

#117 8 years ago

Should be. I might need to wait for that door, but a temporary door can be in place and still pass the occupancy requirement. But the bar top has to be there. No promises from the granite people yet...

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Should be. I might need to wait for that door, but a temporary door can be in place and still pass the occupancy requirement. But the bar top has to be there. No promises from the granite people yet...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

#119 8 years ago

Looks awesome! I copied your flooring idea on a small room conversion, and it turned out spectacular. I did mine in a Caribbean Ocean Blue metallic. Looks like I'm walking on water! Will eventually post pics in the game room forum. Check out these floors people. Thanks for the idea Ramegoom.
    Dave

#120 8 years ago

Now I KNOW I want to black out my ceiling. Incredible work.

1 week later
    #121 8 years ago

Game room 99% finished. I'm still waiting for the entry door and bar stools, all on long backorder. The good news is, I got the final OK on occupancy, so here are some pics of the room empty. After the weekend, it'll be completely filled with stuff. Pool table is now graced with new felt and bumpers, and it's the first thing in the room. All granite, including the giant bar top, in place and ready to go.
    img02.jpgimg02.jpg
    img05.jpgimg05.jpg
    img07.jpgimg07.jpg
    img09.jpgimg09.jpg
    img12.jpgimg12.jpg
    img16.jpgimg16.jpg
    img24.jpgimg24.jpg
    img18.jpgimg18.jpg

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Game room 99% finished. I'm still waiting for the entry door and bar stools, all on long backorder. The good news is, I got the final OK on occupancy, so here are some pics of the room empty. After the weekend, it'll be completely filled with stuff. Pool table is now graced with new felt and bumpers, and it's the first thing in the room. All granite, including the giant bar top, in place and ready to go.
    img02.jpg
    img05.jpg
    img07.jpg
    img09.jpg
    img12.jpg
    img16.jpg
    img24.jpg
    img18.jpg

and it only took about 4 months, that's pretty darn good considering what was done. You must feel like a new papa. Can't wait to see it filled with games and happy people. Wish I could play in it some day.

#123 8 years ago

Ha! Yep, the permagrin has been there all weekend. Actually, I did move most of my stuff into the room all day yesterday and got everything wired in today - it's about finished now. I am burned out moving, and will wait until tomorrow to add the room pics. Here's what my driveway looked like yesterday:
    img30.jpgimg30.jpg
    img32.jpgimg32.jpg
    img34.jpgimg34.jpg
    img35.jpgimg35.jpg
    img36.jpgimg36.jpg

#124 8 years ago

WOW....I hope you have lots of help for all that. What's that white stuff on the ground.....is that what snow looks like. We have no snow and my grass is still green.

#125 8 years ago

Yeah, can't seem to avoid that stuff. Good news is, the sun seems to keep it in check. It was 39 degrees out, but we're in tee shirts working up a sweat.

It took nine guys to move that 900 lb. granite slab into the house.

If you're even in northern Colorado, feel free to stop by and check the place out.

#126 8 years ago

Ha we beat ya 40 here. I finished up the garage attic insulation today and started to cover the walls with plastic. So we both worked up a sweat.

All one piece...damn what a monster.

Haven't been to Loveland since they opened the tunnel, beautiful country though.

Thanks for the invite, same goes for you.

#127 8 years ago

Wow! What an amazing project!

#128 8 years ago

looks great with some nice toys

#129 8 years ago

I've waited to comment until now....and now I am speechless. Terrific job on the game room. A lot of thought, planning, and execution...BRAVO, my man...BRAVO.

#130 8 years ago

I want to say "Finally!" But there are a few things missing (bar stools, exit door, bathroom mirror, a few other machines and some accent lighting). Still it's completed and populated with machines. Time to post some images. Here's the result of 10 months of planning and executing, and I'll update as the finishing touches are added:
    collage01.jpgcollage01.jpg

collage02.jpgcollage02.jpg

collage03.jpgcollage03.jpg

collage04.jpgcollage04.jpg

#131 8 years ago

Truly spectacular what you accomplished in such little time. Did you do ALL of this yourself? If so, you are a prime example of what can be accomplished when you possess the skills to get it done.

Congrats to you, sir, and JUST in time for Christmas. Well done.

#132 8 years ago

I remember him painting the ceiling himself but that's about it.

#133 8 years ago

I painted the ceiling and did all of the electrical work. Also, did some of the plumbing for the hot water heater.

Subbed the rest of it out.

#134 8 years ago

Looks great! Love the floors!

Ive have been working on my gameroom/house! Someday soon it will have a killer arcade! (21 pins and 6 arcade machines).

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#135 8 years ago

^^ That turret is going to be the focal point of the house! Can't wait to see its progress.

1 week later
    #136 8 years ago

Seating now installed around the bar. Adds a touch of color there:

bar-basement1600_(resized).jpgbar-basement1600_(resized).jpg

#137 8 years ago

Nice, bolted to the floor too so you don't have to worry about bar stools winding up all over the place.

1 month later
    #138 8 years ago

A few neon signs to go, and then I'll be about maxed out.

Here's a walk-thru of my game room. Lots of slots and a few bowlers, 1958 Gandy pool table, "prize" cage for the little ones, along with antique slots, arcades, antique and newer pins, and EM slots.

#139 8 years ago

Stunning! Great results all around. Thanks for sharing.

2 weeks later
    #140 8 years ago

Wow, just awesome! Totally incredible. The only thing I would add is a 120" projector screen on the wall to the left of the TV and a nice HD projector... instead of the TV or in conjunction with the TV. You could watch 2 different games ot once... the important one on the big screen and the less important on the TV. You could do this for less than $2000 and the wow factor over a regular tv will be amazing.

#141 8 years ago

What I ended up doing is piping in the same channel on the two smaller flat screen TVs over the bar. And that wall, it ended up being a place to put framed pictures. I made a few changes since that video, mostly adding neon signs and a TZ pin to the lineup. Looking to add one more pin, then the "pinball row" will be maxed out. Also added a few smaller arcade games on some open wall space.

It's almost done....

#143 8 years ago

^ Ha! Yeah, always snooping for more stuff.

Master rationalizer here....

#144 8 years ago

Incredible game room! Congrats on a job well done!!

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcadegame-room-start-to-finish-pictures/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.