(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stubborngamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#709 2 years ago

I am surprised people like the Star Wars version, as the tables seemed terrible when I played them on my phone. Zen has a bad habit of making you have to spell really long words. After considering the 1up pinball tables, bad reviews convinced me to get the Quest 2. Which has VR pinball tables and a LOT more cool experiences. This from a 1 REAL pinball owner. I will get another real pinball machine at some point, but I have a very small basement.

3 months later
    #838 2 years ago

Wasn't going to get one of these things, but being able to get all 30 tables for 1 changes things. What has the general consensus been about these virtual things from people that own the real thing?

#842 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Ever played Pinball FX on a PC or console? Same stuff.

Did the update actually fix what seems to be the biggest complaint in early reviews, the flipper lag?

#850 2 years ago

Ended up taking the plunge and buying the Marvel cabinet, since my daughter would like the artwork, modding all 30 tables was relatively simple, ran into one problem but the suggestion here to switch computers solved it.

Honestly pleasantly surprised by how much better some of the tables feel compared to when I played them on my computer(in fact some games I didn't like I think I like now). Though I did go into this completely aware of this cabinet's faults so that probably helped to keep my expectations in check. Though I can't really give a proper review until I've owned it longer, but 10 games would have definitely felt like way too little.

#867 2 years ago

It is a finicky install where different cables and computers are the most likely causes of problems/fixes. Though I guess we don't all have multiple cables and computers we can try. In theory if all the connectors are correct it shouldn't be any more complicated than running it in administrator mode and typing numbers and enter. You might also want to put it in a root folder, like c:\themod\ .

Still too early to review this thing, but I noticed today going between a real pinball machine and this the flipper lag becomes way more noticeable. Where it wasn't bothering me so much when I was just playing the arcade1up machine. I guess it's either play real pinball or virtual, they don't mix well.

#872 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Ohhh yeah. After playing A1up for 3 weeks, I went back to my Stern ST and I found that all I was mistiming ALL of my shots early...

I'll tell you, the ball never felt so big and gameplay so visceral on the real table than after spending time with the virtual table!

Overall though I do really like the virtual tables, but I'd say half the tables are decidedly average, but there are some real gems in there.

2 weeks later
    #898 2 years ago

Got the new version 3 update installed, the marvel and star wars tables do indeed look a lot better in 1080p, didn't play it enough to know if there's any issues with 1080p mode for those tables, Williams as mentioned don't work well in 1080p.

It is cool to be able to play the extra Zen table, I couldn't figure out how to actually transfer a purchased Android table over, because I didn't know where the purchased files are actually located. Though I am also tired right now, so can't be bothered to spend any more time on it than I have tonight.

#901 2 years ago

Nice, did manage to install some purchased Zen tables thanks to that tutorial, didn't even think to check the media manager in bluestacks, d'oh.

Works pretty well, only installed a handful of tables, and only tried Doom and Jurassic World. Doom has noticeable flipper lag in 1080p, plays fine in 720p. Jurassic World seems to play fine in 1080p. So you have to get real used to setting switching.

And because the table files are so small, a lot under 30mb(some as much as 50mb), you should be able to install almost everything you would want since there's 1-2 gigs of free space you have to work with after installing the 30 table mod.

There is also, surprisingly, solenoid support, but no nudging.

I am amazed this guy actually managed to do this, I thought I would have to do an expensive mod to accomplish the same.

#903 2 years ago
    Quoted from STLOkie:

How to all the tables look when you first boot up the machine. Do they just appears as more icons next to the other 1UP packages?

You basically get four options, the first three take you to the Star Wars, Marvel, and Williams tables that originally came with each physical machine, the last takes you to the Zen games. When you click on it you go to a menu that looks like what Zen Pinball looks on your phone, since that's basically what you have, the android version of Zen Pinball on your 1up cab. You can't buy stuff directly from there though, you need to install bluestacks on your pc(which is a android emulator) to download zen, purchase the tables, then convert them. The menu navigation for the Zen tables isn't ideal, but it is what it is.

Also worth noting is the plunger doesn't work and the DMD is not on the backglass, it's on larger display, for the "Secret" Zen tables.

#904 2 years ago

Actually on further playing there is plunger support, but that and the solenoids seem inconsistent in 1080p mode. It looks like you want to play the tables in 720p mode. Honestly, it's obvious these tables are scaled down for a good reason, I might leave it at 720p for everything at this point as it's not worth the headache.

#910 2 years ago

Yeah I went a little nuts and threw close to 20 tables in there, partially because I didn't want to keep re-adding, partially incase they do some sort of update one day that makes the bought tables not work. Helps that the android tables are so much cheaper than most other versions of the games.

As mentioned before I had issues where the plunger, and solenoids didn't work, but since I switched back to 720p it seems to work almost all the time. I think maybe once on Jurassic World the plunger didn't work. It's finicky though, since the tables weren't built for the machine, on Infinity Quest every multiball was laggy for instance.

Having said that, I haven't really played it really that much, some of the tables I bought I didn't touch, in general I'd say most things plays great, but everything doesn't play flawlessly.

#914 2 years ago

That cfg file only controls the solenoids. Might be some issue having to do with how much cpu the individual tables need, or maybe certain tables just are coded differently and are buggy because the baller installer didn't account for something. I think when jurassic world's plunger didn't work the modes weren't triggering. Maybe the space we are using for the tables needs to he used for other things. Don't have answers just speculation.

#922 2 years ago

Heh, those cfg files are just the equivalent of copying the same file and renaming.

The micro usb doesn't go in as easily as you'd like, but usually just takes some jimmying to get it in. I didn't have to bend anything.

#925 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Could you post a picture in here of the cable you use so I can verify the end is the same as what I'm using? Thanks.

I am not at home right now but what I post wouldn't look much different than what you see in a google search. Maybe you are using a usb c, which new android phones use, which wouldn't fit, I have a bunch of mini usb from when that was more the norm for phones. Mini usb should be a standard size. And as I said, it doesn't easily slide in, it takes some doing. And the shorter side should be facing up.

#932 2 years ago

Oh sorry, not sure why I said mini usb.

Looks like Jurassic World just plain has a not working plunger, even though Jurassic Mayhem does, as I said, there's bound to be some weirdness.

Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question when we switvh to 1080P if we power the pin off does it then go back to 720P when it boots up next time? Also what tables do you guys recommend out of the Star Wars and Marvel ones?

It remembers all the settings, high scores, views you may have accidentally switched to in the secret tables, etc.

I think Star Wars Starfighter is the best Star Wars table.

For Marvel, Infinity Quest is great, though I did encounter laggy multiballs, though it's possible I was playing in 1080p when it lagged and I didn't realize.

Deadpool is fun, World War Hulk is cool even though I hate the mini playfield.

#937 2 years ago

Yes I am happy to buy every table I can buy, the discontinued tables on the other hand like maybe the best table of them all that soccer table on the other hand.

#944 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm listening to that, getting Pinball Arcade and more Williams is incredible(seems like something he's sure he can do), while freeing up the space so that you don't have to delete things. I bought this when I heard about the 30 table mod, and was happy with my purchase, assumed that getting any more tables would involve a complicated mod. Now it's just getting ridiculous with how great these tables are turning into without having to do a costly mod.

#949 2 years ago

If a little birdy could point me the way to the Street Fighter pin it would be appreciated. Have soccer and the South Park pins already. I think that's the last one where I'd feel "done" until mr mystery gets us access to more tables.

Haven't noticed much ghost nudging, though I don't play the Williams tables much, not because I don't love real pinball, but I played all those tables to death when Pinball Arcade still had the licenses. Now having said that, the nudging in this game is ridiculous, some impossible saves, and a fair amount of clipping.

#958 2 years ago

Yeah I'll wait until he finds a way to integrate more tables before updating again.

I have a ton of old Pinball Arcade tables in a broken ipad(I stopped using apple devices a long time ago) including stuff like Addams Family, T2 and Star Trek TNG. Unfortunately he'll probably use the android version and I'd assume the tables I pulled from there wouldn't be compatible, so so much for that. Honestly looking at what they currently have on Pinball Arcade, it's really just Star Trek and Ghostbusters that I'd love to get, and maybe 4 others I would probably install. Most of the rest I could live without.

On a side note, the tables that don't have working solenoids and plunger support it really makes you realize how important that stuff is, you really miss it when that stuff isn't working, like night and day in terms of immersion.

#961 2 years ago

So apparently there is nudging you can enable for the secret zen tables. You have to go to settings, controls, then turn nudging to gyro & touch controls, then turn the sensitivity all the way up.

#965 2 years ago

The guy who made the mod said v3 has a bug that can slowly fill up the pcb which will soft brick the cab. He strongly recommends using v3.1.

He also stopped linking to the apks so you will have to find a separate download for that if you don't already have the files.

1 year later
    #1196 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krh13:

I am late to the party and just ordered a AFM Arcade1up. I've been glancing through all of the posts here but it's a little overwhelming. Is there a recommended websites for instructions in adding tables and such? Or perhaps a post # from this thread if you happen to know it.
    This weekend I'm going to go through the entire thread.
    I did see the YouTube video to add the 32" monitor to replace the small monitor it comes with. That looks souch better!
    Thanks!

Go to Mystery Encoder's website at https://www.team-encoder.com/node/7

Has some download links, lots of reading material and videos, just drink it all in and start installing. It's all pretty easy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stubborngamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=stubborngamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.