(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider no_pickles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

That's zen, and its for bs reasons so they don't get classified as over E or something stupid for the ratings.
    So yeah... I don't get the imposed censorship that Zen does. Makes no sense to me. But, hey they got the rights. And it also costs more to butcher those games then to leave them alone. I would try to sneak them through the rating and if it got higher, I'd resubmit with changes. There should be a resubmital process. There is with film.

It’s one thing if doesn’t make sense to you, but it’s not “bs”.

It’s called responsible business practice. When you have respect for your license holders (like Disney) and want to maintain a business relationship with them, you need to dot every I and cross every T. Zen doesn’t write the ESRB ratings. The ratings may have some stupidity associated with them, but it’s not stupid of Zen to be careful.

Disney is probably not going to want to do sustained business with someone would “try to sneak them through”

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

And how is it sneaking

I was just quoting your previous post.

I understand your point of view, but I have enough confidence in how Zen studios does business that I trust they are being careful for a good reason.

I have no insider knowledge and could be wrong.

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't know if Zen would or not. That's not the point. I picked an easy censoring target, that's no less ridiculous than the things someone else said they HAVE censored. I'm not going to support a company that does that crap, so I can definitely say I'm out on all of the Arcade1UP 'pins' if the Williams one retains that.

That is ridiculous. You are saying that the ONLY reason you won’t support them is because they’re careful not to jeopardize their ESRB rating, and risk getting their software pulled from kid-friendly consoles? But otherwise you were 100% on board....

Don’t get me wrong, there’s lots of things in this world worth standing up for or against on principle but that’s a strange one to feel so strongly about

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure if this will be a type of gateway drug to get more people buying real pinball machines, but I can say for certain that I wouldn't be in this hobby without the Pinball Arcade iPad app.. So really if they can have a decent playing virtual pin for ~$500, I can't see why anyone would think thats a bad thing.

Same thing for me. I started playing Pinball Arcade 6 years ago, and it opened my eyes to the existence of rules and strategy and just how awesome pinball could be. There were zero locations to play at near my house at that time. Whenever we would go on vacation I would research the Pinside map and try to find some physical machines to play. The best was a trip to California, driving up the coast from LA to San Francisco. We must have hit 10 different locations in 1 week. I started searching Craigslist for used machines and jumped when one near me became available.

If I had more room at home I would definitely own more than 1 pin.

p.s. Free Gold Watch in San Francisco is the best!

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

It was a classic western trope. And that is why it worked so well.
    No shame in shooting first if you setup that the baddie deserved it.
    Hell... The duke even offed a guy in at least one movie(possibly more), and they made a point to address that in the movie.
    That movie was El Dorado. And yes... There is some stuff that people would cringe at today, and call racist... And while the movie at times feels old and creaky(becasue the two male leads were past their prime), its still a good film.
    But, at the end of the film. The duke rolls up in a wagon and blasts the main thug(main hired hand) and before that guy dies, he says something to the effect you never gave me a chance. And the duke replies "No you were too dangerous to".
    So... No shame in shooting first. In my oppinion the alteration of that scene, really makes the first star wars so much worse. And each change they've done, made it worse and worse.
    I don't mind all the stupid additions. But, that one I hate. I hope they'll release a han shot first blu ray edition one day. I know it'll never happen.

I’m waiting for the Disney+ version Of El Dorado, where after John Wayne blast the thug and before he dies, the bad guy says “Macclunkey”

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider no_pickles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=no_pickles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.