(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdroc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#465 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

a little teaser from A1up.
    [quoted image]

Wow - that’s a hell of a lineup! Definitely getting one to put in the office!

1 month later
    #499 3 years ago

Dissapointed I missed the short pre-order window from Best Buy so I spent an hour this afternoon signing up for a Best Buy API account and writing a quick Windows service to check every 5 minutes for availability and send me an email as soon as it's available to order, otherwise an email once every 24 hours to make sure it's still checking

Hopefully not a disappointment, but at $600, a good track record on their arcade repro cabinets, and likely easy resale on this one (if it's not a total shit show)...worth taking a chance i figure

1 month later
    #574 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I pre-ordered. I'm a bit hesitant based on some of the initial reviews talking about REALLY blocky graphics, displays that won't turn on, whole tables that won't turn on, solenoids failing within days...but I figure I have 6 weeks before it ships to monitor more reviews and cancel if needed. Otherwise, I guess I'll end up with both a Star Wars and an AFM!

2 weeks later
    #594 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

Dissapointed I missed the short pre-order window from Best Buy so I spent an hour this afternoon signing up for a Best Buy API account and writing a quick Windows service to check every 5 minutes for availability and send me an email as soon as it's available to order, otherwise an email once every 24 hours to make sure it's still checking

The application worked! Star Wars available for order with delivery by April 1 on Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-star-wars-digital-pinball/6441996.p?cmp=RMX&skuId=6441996

Good luck!

2 months later
    #710 2 years ago

The Darth Vader game is a blast...maybe no pinball is fun when on a phone...?

3 months later
    #779 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

New video on YouTube. You can load the games from all three tables on any table. Just not all at one time.

any idea if you can backup what's on their now so you keep high scores? Say I wanted to swap back and forth between Star Wars and Marvel, for example, but keep high scores. Anyone tried it?

#832 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

any idea if you can backup what's on their now so you keep high scores? Say I wanted to swap back and forth between Star Wars and Marvel, for example, but keep high scores. Anyone tried it?

Just in case anyone else was wondering, you DO keep your high scores when you update the firmware and when you load all 3 sets of tables.

3 months later
    #1015 2 years ago

Before I post on FB Marketplace - anyone nearby looking for a modded (all 30 games) a1up? I have both Star Wars and Williams and would be happy to sell either one - I don't have any preference which goes and which stays. Just looking to get what I paid for it ($650, back before the price increase). Fees to pinside if sold, will put formal ad up if no immediate takers on here.

1 week later
    #1044 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I really want to grab one of these, but I'm super sensitive to flipper lag. How bad is it on these?

I'd have to say that on Williams games it's REALLY bad for the most part and flipper lag making those games unplayable is the reason I'm selling one of my 2 A1up's (I have one at work that will stay because it's just a fun quick distraction). The Marvel/SW games are really pretty good. There's still lag, but they're fun and definitely playable.

If, like me (at home), your thought was to have a way to kind of play a few Williams games you don't have at home, you'll be pretty disappointed. If, on the other hand, like me (at work) you just want to have some fun with the SW/Marvel/Zen games and separate the experience from physical pinball, I think you'll find it worth the cost.

#1053 2 years ago
    Quoted from MysteryEncoder:

I think these tables are very much intended for the casual player, but I am curious if you updated Williams and still saw the same latency?

I believe I'm on the latest (20210830 from October 2021)

But just to clarify/reiterate, if you are going in with the expectation of a casual, fun, arcade-style experience and understand that you are playing a $600 setup and not a $6,000+ setup, you should be very happy.

Also - my disappointment with the Williams tables should in no way take anything away from the amazing work that Mystery Encoder has done with the A1Pinner - I'd probably sell both of my A1up's if not for your great work to open up the ability to play all 30 games (plus some Zen games that are a good fit) in one cabinet. Kudos to you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdroc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=jdroc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.