(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Here it is! Arcade 1UP's first attempt into the virtual pinball world.
    ZEN Studio, Bally Williams.
    Had color DMD!!
    WIFI enabled.
    built in solenoid's for haptic feedback.
    Built in accelerometer for real nudge and tilt feature.
    backlight backglass with interchangeable artwork.
    7" color LCD DMD. dual speakers with metal speaker grill.
    24" high def LCD playfield. Legs have adjustable feet.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 4 years ago

Anticipating to see what Williams and Bally pins come out on this game.

#11 4 years ago

Since it's WiFi enabled and has exchangeable translight I would think you will be able to purchase other games and artwork.

#17 4 years ago

Video was just pulled from everywhere. Might have been a leak?
    "Private video
    Sign in if you've been granted access to this video"

#19 4 years ago

It did show in the video it was for CES. Had to be a leak That's not until the 7th.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Willy39:

Anybody take a screenshot at least?

Look up. I have a screen shot posted.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Video was pulled, but it was just someone saying this would be shown at CES 2020.

The video was leaked from Arcade1UP official website. They quickly pulled it.

#27 4 years ago

Star Wars was a good choice for this one since the legs look so big it looks like an AT-AT.

#32 4 years ago

2020 is going to be a great year for pinball. Let the mini virtual pinball competition begin.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Is that a thing on virtual pinball?

It is for us that know the difference. However, 99% of the buying public have no clue what it is.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRalph:

Someone mentioned the "bezel looking thing", I did my best to make it not look like "all bezel". I'm new to building my own Virtual Pinball, I have owned a VPCabs and a few others. Hope you guys enjoy this... feedback is welcome as I'm literally learning as I go.

That looks great! Did you see the one where the guy moved the head back and put in a 31" screen on the playfield?

#53 4 years ago

So $500 to $700.
    $500 would be a great price the way it is.
    At $700 I would want it to be just a tad bit bigger with 32" playfield screen.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And gone again, or link busted.

At least I got another screen grab. LOL

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

So toyshock has Farsight, 1up has Zen, is ATgames gonna use VPX?? Supposedly all three companies are gonna be showing their virtual pins at CES this upcoming week. 2020 is gonna be a good year for 3/4 scale virtual arcade fans/modders

Didn’t know about Atgames either.

#71 4 years ago

Personally I like the idea of choice. Just take the score displays for example. I still like the rack that Toy Shock has the old school displays. But they have would have to keep the games at classic level. They do need to up their games to reduce the lag though. I’d would rather have one game set for classic titles and another setup for DMD games.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

If this doesn't suck and we can mod it. I can see buying of of these and putting it in a bigger/non-cheap cabinet and a larger monitor.

True, I have an extra Williams cab laying around but don't want to go through all the hassle of learning how to build my own. If this plays good enough I would however try to swap it in my extra cab with larger monitors.

#81 4 years ago

Anyone want a jump start on building a virtual pin? Here you go. On Facebook

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Didn’t see any of that..
    Two new four player, a couple unexpected, a new track ball, and a last year game they took feedback on and made the main game.
    One of the four player is what a lot of people want... game list may be unexpected though.

I'd take a Tempest as the main game. With a vertical monitor and Tempest Tubes.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Pinball Arcade didn't bring any new interest to Pinball...

I was going to point out that at least half of the people here that joined in the last couple of years got their start playing pinball arcade.
    With that said anyone thinking these thing won't bring in new blood to the hobby is crazy.

#148 4 years ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/2020/01/06/arcade1up-introduces-online-enabled-nba-jam-cabinet-burger-time-special-edition-and-more

Stated in this article it says about Williams tables. If the AFM pictured is true I'll more then likely pic one up to give it a try.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

More people getting into pinball doesn't mean they need to buy a machine. Growth could mean more people playing on location, increased attendance at shows, added players in tournaments, etc. So those saying that it is a big jump going to a real game need to remember that pinball growth came come in many ways.

Quoted from fisherdaman:

I don't think gateway pin means that they will immediately buy a NIB game or even buy a game. If anything it might draw up interest in the low end market, or at the very least drums up more support for games on route. Being "into pinball" doesn't always mean that you have to own a game.

Remember where all the cheap dumped pins came from? Operators!!! More people dropping Coin in location games will bring more op games. That will eventually bring more used games to the market.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Just watched the video.. he mentioned, good sound quality, liked the haptic feedback and the screen had good viewing angles. Williams will have 10 tables included. Will have an accelerometer for nudging. Looks like this is going to be a good toy.
    Wish list:
    - get a plunger on their (probably creates some packaging inefficiencies. (I guess given they picked AFM artwork you could argue not to have a plunger)
    - square off that head to be more Williams like. Not sure why they need to have rounded off on the back. (But maybe it keeps it
    Curious to see what it feels like to nudge. I can picture some of you guys slap saving this thing across a room.
    I may get one of these if they keep it sub 500. There normal cab is $299. Should be possible.

No need for a plunger. Just make it AFM, MM and MB I'd buy that!!

1 week later
    #235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been thinking about picking up the golden tee, looks good and seems to play well. I would buy a regular golden tee much better value but don’t think it will make my 180 degree turn on basement steps and don’t believe it comes apart. Arcade 1up solves this problem.

Having owned a few original Golden Tee games. You're not getting one down those steps. No doubt about it.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Grab a 05 gt complete. Can get them pretty cheap. Gut it, build a pedestal, get a vga/HDMI converter, hang a flat screen and your good to go. You can take the empty golden tee cab and convert it into a multicade and sell it off. I think you can cut the cab apart to build a pedestal but easier to just build your own.

You got plans on this pedestal? Already have a setup but no pedestal.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If these were actual "collectible" items and not disposable mass produced items, I'd be a bit more excited.

The pins look like a really nice functional idea, but at that size, other than for kids....

That's the problem most people can't get over. They ARE mass produced disposable items. Will they lose value? If you're paying full price then, sure they are. They are not meant for those of use that collect real arcades and pins. But on the other hand. I am using these to convert my 19 in 1 and 60 in 1 from real cabs to these cabs. Need more room for pinball machines.

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from ignusfast:

Unless they offer an upgrade path for existing owners, they're not getting another dollar from me. I'll mod the crap out of it and never look back. Unfortunately, only one of the games is really playable; the others are too sluggish to be much fun. Though I have to admit, it did give me an appreciation for TX-Sector...

Wrong thread. This is the 1up thread. You are talking about the Toy Shock.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I converted an Asteroids into a 19-1 and my Pac-Man into a 60-1. I don’t have a lot of space for full size. Would rather have these and more pins. I am satisfied with them. No maintenance, simple and affordable to upgrade or repair. Affordable to purchase, etc.

Did you go with the Dell 20” monitor? I’m still looking for cheap cabs so haven’t done anything yet.

4 weeks later
    #302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wade:

I didn’t realize anyone in the home gameroom hobby was actually buying those 1up games. I’ve seen several of them around for $150 new in the box.
    Wade

I’m actually replacing my original videos with these now. The Star Wars one plays great. Flight stick is as close to original as you can get. Asteroids with Tempest also plays good once you upgrade the buttons and spinner. Yeah some have weird or replaced sound but could care less. They are cheap and fun to play. Just about half my friends that have many real arcades and pins are buying them also. Of course there are a few that nick pick every little thing so won’t buy them.

5 months later
    #342 3 years ago

I’m seeing several of the new video cans on pre order today. The new Ms PAC-MAN looks great!! And new cocktail version is just as nice. Anyway I would guess we should see something about the pinball soon.

1 month later
    #366 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

A company rep said "no planed release date" via FB. I think it would be a great time to launch a new pin.

ARe they working with Deeproot on this pin?

3 weeks later
    #383 3 years ago

Sneak peak.

#384 3 years ago

They also have a mini photoboth if anyone is interested.

#388 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thats Cool Pinball2020 your able to get the DL Replicade. I signed up a awhile back to get on the order list for 1 and have yet to receive any confirmation it. The AtGames Ultimate Legends machine is a nice setup. the control panel is what drew me in and also the extra usb ports to import more games over and hook up other controllers .. but i decided to hold off. iam convinced they will come out with another version later on. i would like to see a PC installed in it. so I can enjoy Dragons Lair and other games that require pc

Just get the iiRcade Dragons Lair.
    https://www.iircade.com/products/iircade-dragons-lair-edition

1 week later
    #404 3 years ago

I like the look.

#411 3 years ago

Marvel pin is back online at GameStop for pre order $549.99 with 11/30/20 delivery date!!

#415 3 years ago

Attack From Mars game list is out and it’s a winner in my book!!!!

01C3E60E-9E34-48DC-8441-9E9463148B24 (resized).jpeg01C3E60E-9E34-48DC-8441-9E9463148B24 (resized).jpeg
    #416 3 years ago

Only wish it had Monster Bash instead of Red & Ted.

#420 3 years ago

Game list for all three.

64CEF6E4-3AAD-4070-A07B-6C04FAA0AEC8 (resized).jpeg64CEF6E4-3AAD-4070-A07B-6C04FAA0AEC8 (resized).jpeg
    #425 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks ArcadeMojo for the poster info..
    iam going for a Attack from Mars machine
    if I can get one. like the classic pinballs.. wonder how the classic games will compare
    to Visual Pinball?

I'm in for an AFM when they come out also. Don't care if it doesn't play the greatest. I'll take it for what it is. My only concern is the screen size. Hoping to be able to squeeze a 32 inch screen in without a lot of modifications to the cab.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where can you buy these? Will Costco, wal mart, etc have them or pre order direct only?

Right now only the Marvel one is available for online pre order at GameStop in limited supply. They sold out twice. However they will be available at most big box stores soon. All companies are having supply issues do to COVID. I'll try to keep this thread updated when I see them come up for sale.

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I have a custom built virtual pinball now running Visual pinball. iam hoping Arcade1up machine takes off and they come out with differnt versions with bigger screens etc.. visual pinball is cool. but is a pain downloading and configuring . I want a machine where I turn it on and ready to play. no more installing junk or downloading..

Quoted from sk8ersublime:

exactly what im looking for. I sold my old Mini VP cabinet i built. I kinda want to do another one because i have the hardware laying around to make one, but i really dont want to mess with all that front end configuration again haha

Same here. Just want something I can plug in and play. The nice artwork is a huge bonus. Have the perfect spot for one of these that a real pin can't fit in so it's not taking up prime floor space in my gameroom.

1 week later
    #440 3 years ago
    1 month later
    #462 3 years ago

a little teaser from A1up.

2D9B4922-5E68-4CF3-9224-9B29B8839DF2 (resized).jpeg2D9B4922-5E68-4CF3-9224-9B29B8839DF2 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #471 3 years ago

Ok folks. Two things. One it is now possible and proven to run and fit a 32” monitor in the Arcade1up pinball game. And second Attack From Mars is now live for pre order at Best Buy. Keep in mind Best Buy is always $50 more then other retailers.

D04AE487-BC19-42E1-BC44-02BDE0D9865B (resized).jpegD04AE487-BC19-42E1-BC44-02BDE0D9865B (resized).jpeg
    #474 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

I presume you're referring to this video;
    While it looks sexy, my main worry is with the screen being directly under the "lockdown bar".
    I think that it'll be far too easy to forget it's there, lean on it like a normal pin, and crack the hell out of the corners of the screen.
    At one point, the guy mentions the idea of going with a 27" monitor. I think I might try that when I finally get mine....
    Later,
    EV

I will have a workaround to address the minor issues you are talking about.

#475 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Just catching up on all of this. Is the at games one available and if so where? Can’t find it. And is it now called legend pinball? Thanks
    And why is bb 50 more?

Don’t know much about At Games so have no clue. I only want the A1up AFM one. Also have no clue why BB is always $50 higher then other places but when it comes to A1up games it’s been that way since the first one.

3 weeks later
    #542 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

OK...have some time to organize my thoughts....
    ASSEMBLY
    All the lower cabinet needs is the legs bolted on. All the main assembly effort is putting together the backbox. Everything is pretty straightforward to build...very much like an item from IKEA. One little gripe is the holes for the dowels are drilled a little too deep, so when you go to assemble the other end of the joint, you only have about a 1/8" nub of dowel sticking out to guide you. Otherwise, all the joints go together pretty easily and simply. Having an electric screwdriver makes this process go much easier.
    PART QUALITY
    The cabinet and artwork is really nice. Bright, vivid colors on the sides of the cab and the backbox side panels. One thing I might have changed is to bring the background "starfield" look around the front of the cab. It's just plain black with the Marvel and Arcade 1up logos. The translite is direct printed onto a piece of plexi, but it still looks good.
    As I mentioned above, my only gripe is some of the tactile surface edges are a bit rough. While I can forgive the edges of the legs being that way at this price point, it's not excusable on the corners of the lockdown bar where your fingers rest. In addition, be VERY careful if you ever take that bar off, as there are two Philips head screws on the ends that hold it in place. On mine, one of the screw heads is nice and smooth, but the other is a bit rough, as though it had been re-torqued at some point and the "+" part stripped a little.
    Also, the corners of the shooter rod metal housing are quite pointy. Since you need to use that button underneath to select a game (or even do some actions during a game - looking at you Thor), it can rub you a little wrong if you go for it quickly. I'm actually giving serious consideration to re-locating that button to the left where a traditional Start button would be. Also some plastic flashing around the shooter knob itself is still present. Clean up your injection molding die seams, guys.
    SOFTWARE/GAMEPLAY
    Here's where my major complaint in the game lies. Yes, there IS flipper lag. It's more noticeable on games I know like X-Men and Fantastic Four, and less on games I don't know. However, at the end of the day, making your shots is all about timing, and it definitely takes getting used to the delay before you can start really hitting what you're aiming at. As I mentioned above, there's even bigger delay from the button push to the solenoid firing. I really wish there was a menu setting where you could manually change the delay. But since there is not, you just have to get used to it. It's a bit less distracting if you turn off the solenoids, but then you're killing one of the main selling features of the game. "Seamless"? I don't think so. Meh.
    The graphics look pretty good so far. I haven't noticed any glitches or other hang-ups. Everything seems to run pretty smoothly, except for the aforementioned flipper lag. Oh, one item that's kind of funky....the "DMD" screen has the single color dots from the original FX games, but it almost looks like there's a slightly bigger gap between the top half of the pixels and the bottom half. Makes it look like a tiny black line is running through the display, and I don't remember seeing that artifact on my Xbox.
    Otherwise, everything else is ported over almost perfectly from the Zen/FX stuff. One thing I noticed is that some of the video modes will only take up a portion of the screen (Baxter Building in FF), while others (Serpent in Fear Itself) take up the whole screen. One cool detail is that when you play a multi-player game, the color of the DMD changes for each player. For example, on X-Men, Player one was amber dots, and Player 2 was yellow dots. Kinda cool, but to be candid, I've been spoiled by ColorDMD and would have liked to see those dots fully colorized.
    OVERALL IMPRESSION
    Let's be real folks. For $550 bucks, you're not going to get top of the line stuff. For what it is, I think they did a pretty good job. I'd have much preferred them to maybe have the screen a bit bigger at 27", but I understand they have to keep tight reins on the BOM somewhere. I like the overall 3/4 scale package, as it reminds you that this is not a real pinball, and really can't be held to the same standards. The main word my wife and I use to describe this little guy sitting next to our other real pins is "cute". I just wish they would have dialed in the flippers a bit better. Because ultimately, that's what makes or breaks your game.
    FINAL GRADE
    B.....minus
    (come see me after class 1up, I know you can do better!)
    Later,
    EV

If you haven't you should post your review on the flipper and coil lag on their Facebook page. This company does listen. Just point out you are a seasoned pinball player and what you think could be improved. Personally I'm waiting on the AFM one to come out before I buy. I'm in no rush but will get one when ever they become steadily available. https://www.facebook.com/Arcade1UpOfficial

#560 3 years ago

Walmart has Marvel available on their web site.

#563 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I want one bad!!! How the heck can we get these!

Best Buy, Game Stop or Walmart.
    They pop up for an hour or two and are sold out right away.

#564 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I want one bad!!! How the heck can we get these!

Here is the link for Walmart. They have them right now.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Arcade-1up-Digital-Pinball/398690277

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im still holding out for the Attack from Mars version.

Same here. Once that hits I'm getting it. I have one more Arcade1up Galaga game I converted to a 60 in 1 to sell before then though.
    Now to find someone to make MM artwork for it.

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

It looks like the Marvel edition from Walmart is no longer available, mine still says it will arrive on Wednesday, despite not being shipped yet. We shall see...

It still shows available to me. I've seen others say it wasn't then others say it was. Might be if you are using their app maybe. It shows for me using the link I have above on my PC.

#576 3 years ago

Not a pinball but Walmart has the Galaga Countercade on sale for $49.00 Yes that's right $49 even with FREE shipping.
    Not gonna last long.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Countercade-Arcade1Up/311492502

#579 3 years ago

Damn!!!!
    Thank You Brother.
    Just got 2, delivered tomorrow???
    Not kidding, will update.

I was on buying another MS Pac Man to mod and saw it.
    By they way the Ms pac is also on sale for $349. with riser and I think it has a lightup marquee also. Again with free 2 day shipping.
    I mod these to 60 in 1 games and resell. Need to get some games ready for when those stimulus checks drop.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/880297531

#584 3 years ago

Pac Man Partycade on sale at HSN for $199.99 with free shipping.
    https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-8-in-1-pac-man-partycade-arcade-with-8-games/20004011

#586 3 years ago

Ms Pac Man and the Pac Man countercades on sale at HSN for $99.99 with free shipping. You can also get $20 off with coupon code HSN2021.

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-2-in-1-countercade-with-ms-pac-man-and-super-/20003961

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-2-in-1-countercade/10084464#

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Is it worth $99.99? I might as well be playing on a phone.
    [quoted image]

At my age it’s too small to see. But many people love them. Don’t forget the $20 off coupon.

#592 3 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Yeah, this is an issue on their mini Atari Star Wars as well. I own both the actual coin-up stand-up and the Arcade1Up version, and the difference in response is noticeable. It's frustrating.

Most the people buying them haven't played a real game in a decade or even at all. Makes no difference to them. Myself included. I've owned 4 real star wars in my life but haven't played one in so long I don't notice any difference playing the A1up game. And for the price, weight of the game and size I'll take the A1up over original. More room for pinballs

1 month later
    #604 2 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I've been watching Best Buy daily for Attack From Mars to go from Coming Soon to Available. Checked this morning and now it says Sold Out. Guess I missed an overnight window. ‍Hopefully they decide to make more because it's obvious that the demand is there.

With all the global supply issues they only release so many at a time. I've seen them available a couple of times and sold out an hour or two later. It's just the luck of the draw when you check. Also there are many scalpers buying them and flipping on Ebay at a grand. Sucks I know.

1 week later
    #626 2 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

Sold out again. Hopefully it shows up for everyone that wants to give it a try.

It was live for about 24 hours.

#632 2 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Just got done putting together my Star Wars version and played it for about 30 minutes, here’s my initial impressions
    The good
    - No flipper lag that I noticed. This was probably my biggest concern seeing some of the other comments
    - Sturdy and well built, took about an hour to put together (you do have to assemble the back box, most of the time was spent here)
    - Surprisingly good sound from the puny speakers. Loud and clear
    - Easy to navigate menus
    - Good looking cabinet, simple, but good
    - The Haptic Touch flippers are pretty decent and the solenoids add just enough, although a touch more response would be better
    The bad
    - Playfield is small. The recessed screen and the large blank void at the bottom make it feel even smaller
    - Flat graphics. I was expecting the 3D look of the Zen tables that I have on my computer, but this isn’t even close. Some pretty jagged edges to be be found as well. This is probably the biggest issue I have with it so far
    - Some of the finishing touches aren’t great. A decent amount of minor blemishes pretty much everywhere on the cabinet and backbox. I’m not sure if it was the packaging or a production flaw, but the “lockdown bar” has a bunch of uniformly shaped scuffs that won’t buff out (at least not with elbow grease). The weld on the inside of one of my legs was slightly off as well and it took a bit of finagling to get it attached
    Overall, it’s fun but I’m not sure it’s a keeper. If you’ve got kids, I think they would love it, but it feels like something I’m going to bore of fairly quickly. Granted I’ve only played for 30 minutes so far, but I’m just not sure I can get past the flat graphics, it actually gives me a bit of a headache. I’ll update if I think of anything else
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would put a ticket in for a new lockdown bar. That’s not how it’s supposed to look. LOL

#643 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Sounds like this thing is a waist of money. Better off spending it on a true Virtual cab that has 600+ games in 4k with all the force feedback. I'm having a blast trying to get through them all. Unfortunately these manufactures are ruining the experience for many to make a buck when Virtual will take over in 5 years. Its a failed attempt at pinball by people who no little about it.

NO.... They play good for their price and fun to play. I'm NOT spending thousands of dollars on a game that isn't a real pinball machine and I'm not building one.

#648 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Curious why you wouldnt spend thousands on a really good virtual pin that you can buy? Sure you will loose money if you sell it but I don't know why you would with all the games on it. I got an excellent one and its worth more than a new pin in my book. No repairs!
    I think the problem with convincing pinball players is the fact it depreciates like any arcade game. Pinball people stick to mechanical games because its an investment also.

Because I can now buy an Arcade1up for a couple hundred to play the games I want to.

#655 2 years ago

Someone had a good game. Not a killer game but still pretty good.

95CEE036-E45C-4E86-9E3F-46D66322F026 (resized).jpeg95CEE036-E45C-4E86-9E3F-46D66322F026 (resized).jpeg
    #658 2 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I picked up an AFM cab yesterday from BB. Great build quality, aesthetics, and sound.
    Plexi needs to be replaced with glass as it has noticable horizontal lines.
    Whitewater is unplayable as everyone else has spoke too and ghost nudging is a huge problem. It isn't noticable while during flow play, but if you are a trap up player like myself - it is a huge headache to have the ball jump around when you're trying to make a certain shot.
    The buttons don't feel right. It's my first time playing an Arcade1up machine so not sure if this us standard. I'm going to replace with pinball flipper buttons and see if that helps.
    Not a bad little machine to start with. I can't wait to throw an old pc in there and fix some of these problems.

The ghost nudge is fixed by resetting the connection on the one board. Sorry forget the name of it though.

#663 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I thought you had to unscrew the accelerometer board, 2 inch square green board, and then reseat it. I just unplugged it because it was causing awful lag. I was able to reach it from the removable back panel. Haven't tried reseating the board or plugging it back in.

Pretty sure that's the board they were talking about. Someone else posted about recalibrating the plunger helped get some of the flipper lag out.

#691 2 years ago

It's been stated on one of the A1up facebook pages that ZEN is working on an update for the game. They want to make one update that covers as much of the issues as possible instead of a bunch of little updates. They are upgradeable as with all the other A1up games with a micro drive.

2 weeks later
    #713 2 years ago

I see someone beat me too it. Zen has released their patch to Arcade1up for the AFM.

#714 2 years ago

When Arcade1up finally makes it available it will be listed here.

https://arcade1up.com/pages/software-updates

#716 2 years ago

Whaa hoo!, now maybe we can play Whitewater.

This patch will pretty much make it or break it for the game. Fixing White Water should be the number 1 thing. #2 would be flipper lag. Not that I think it's as bad as some claim it is.

#728 2 years ago
    Quoted from noysboy:

I just went through lightly, then heavily modding one of these, since I couldnt deal with the flipper lag and wanted more tables.
    1) started off with the stock Arcade1UP AFM
    2) Replaced the CPU unit with a Windows PC - needed a ldvs adapater board. (ebay.com link: itm)
    3) added a 21.5" lcd monitor for backglass (amazon.com link »)
    This all worked well. Used pinup popper to install VPX and games played great! NO perceptible lag with the stock 24" display.
    4) replaced the 24" playfield monitor with a 1080p 31.5" monitor (amazon.com link »)
    This took some cabinet mods to support it, but it just barely fits and looks great.
    I still need to get a piece of tempered glass, but everything is up and running and total cost for everything (not including the PC, since I already had that laying around), was right at $1.1K. Figure maybe $500 for a PC and its a nice little Virtual pin for the game room.
    Of course, it was a lot of work...certainly not plug 'n play

Can you show pictures of how you got the monitors mounted?

1 month later
    #730 2 years ago

New prices going through the roof!!!! Marvel and Star Wars $799.99 and AFM $849.99

#731 2 years ago
    #733 2 years ago

Will 250 bucks make it less flipper lag?
    Still hoping for an update on the flipper lag and WW problems. Any word yet?

No word yet. I'm hoping the price increase means they are updating the new ones. But no ones knows yet. These prices just dropped today.

#736 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I placed an order yesterday for AFM, with a 10%-off-one-item MyBestBuy offer... When I checked my order status today and went back to the item page, I had to double-check to make sure that I hadn't paid a lot more than I had thought... Was both relieved and horrified to find that the price had jumped by over $200 overnight...
    ...and then I found this thread. Is there an owner's club thread for each of the Arcade1Up virtual pins? Or is this pretty much the correct forum to land in, in that regard?

This is pretty much it. The thread is for all 3 Arcade1up pins and any future ones made.

4 weeks later
    #755 2 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Other - For Sale

Arcade 1-up. Attack from Mars

New!

“Played a couple times. It’s basically brand new.
    $450 picked up. Priced to move
    Making room for another pin is all. Small space here.”

1 day ago

Dixon, IL

450 (Firm)

coasterguy

Damn if this was local I would grab it tonight!

3 weeks later
    #765 2 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Saw some of your modded arcade cabinets, any chance you may get into modding their pins like someone did earlier in thread?

I’d like to get into doing them next year. Have too many video mods I want to do first and Christmas mad rush is right around the corner. Spending my down time breaking down the pins in my work room and organizing to make it a work room again. Last year I was building games in my game room. Man I really need a garage.

1 week later
    #773 2 years ago

New video on YouTube. You can load the games from all three tables on any table. Just not all at one time.

#780 2 years ago

Copied from another post. I don’t have a game so can’t test this.

“ Can confirm working, plug in pc the way a1up instructs you, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. there is a usb driver that you have to load. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2 , then option 1, then install the 3 table packs, then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back. And you got all 30”

#781 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

any idea if you can backup what's on their now so you keep high scores? Say I wanted to swap back and forth between Star Wars and Marvel, for example, but keep high scores. Anyone tried it?

See my post above. Sounds like this one can install all 30 games.

#787 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

I didn’t try 20. You might have to customize
    Something to get it to work correctly. Not my image but someone claims to have it working. I had to uninstall drivers on my PC to get it to transfer.
    [quoted image]

Did you try doing the way I copied this morning?
    “ Can confirm working, plug in pc the way a1up instructs you, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. there is a usb driver that you have to load. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2 , then option 1, then install the 3 table packs, then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back. And you got all 30”

#788 2 years ago

More info. Once you load all three packs.
    Flippers will select between apks. Then launch ball to select. Table will load the APK for the table you choose, then you just select which of the 10 you wanna play. Turn it off and next power up brings you back to the launcher menu to pick your set of tables

#791 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

That’s cool but I have no idea where he got the installer.
    Edit: found on zerobin if anyone wants to try it and report back. https://0bin.net/paste/jbS7pwuN#Dw7GV58Cf2Dk4GupOxDZxieX3FeEciPTEzoONpTGFww

Not sure if this is the one.
    https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=baller_installer

#792 2 years ago

Some more info I copied from facebook. Personally don't understand a word of it. We need to get some software.code people in here LOL.

Got it up and running with all tables.
    Here is a summary of what worked for me Download the files, Download powershell if you dont have it, run powershell command prompt as admin, go to your directory where your files are located, run the baller.ps1 file. the command i used to run it was .\baller.ps1 There are many options listed, but first you want it to download the tables options 12-14. When it does this it download the images and will create the .apk files that it needs for install. You can do all of this before you ever connect your pcb. At this point should have the files you downloaded plus the 3 apks. now plug in pc the way a1up instructs you from their youtube video, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. before continuing, there is a usb driver that you have to load for the flash to take called zadig 2.5. in the zadig app you find your pinball pcb, it will show up as unknown usb device, and click install driver. this install takes about 5 mins. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2, which gets pcb ready for programming, then option 1 which sets up the script, then install the 3 table packs, options 3, 4, 5 then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back and it will now boot to your new gui. And you got all 30 tables. in summary the little program goes out to arcade 1up, downloads their images, converts them into APKs, puts the pcb into programming mode, removes a few unneeded files to make space for all 3 table packs, installs the gui and all 3 packs onto the pcb, and then you are done. ( i installed the 3 table packs not running powershell as admin)

#795 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Wow!! Thanks so much arcademojo. This is just crazy. I have to get on this before A1up puts a stop to it somehow lol. I really like my AFM A1up pin this will just be icing on the cake with Whitewater AND the 20 others!!

Go to their site and download the patch for all 3 tables before they fix it. They know about.

#799 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ok who bought the AFM pin off Phoenix craigslist? You barely beat me

I’d imagine they are gonna be hard to snag now that the update and hack are out.

#802 2 years ago
    #804 2 years ago

One more.
    Arcade1Up Pinball HACK - LIVE Modding Tutorial & Demo (30 Tables in 1)

#805 2 years ago

OK, this was sent to me from one of the facebook guys doing this. Someone want to give it a try.
    "Download this one and you can skip the downloading tables and apk part, files are already downloaded to this folder."
    https://mega.nz/folder/eaw2CSza#OvIH2ImUJZTpL7yuxRZFvQ

#810 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Actually, I used the apks that the script itself pulled from the A1Up servers last night. Worked fine for me.

So you are saying you now got all 30 tables loaded?

#822 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jon9508:

Man been trying to do this for almost 2 days now. Can't get my computer to establish a connection after set 2. I need to figure it out so I can sell one of them. No need to have all 3 now.

Search this group on Facebook. The exact problem has been mentioned a few times now.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/514521546087221

#831 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jon9508:

Not sure of the name. ( think it's just numbers) I just know I can see it when I plug in the USB. (Under show all option) And is dissappears when I unplug it.

Copy paste from facebook.
    "My experience running the A1up Baller mod for my Star Wars Pinball cab. Hopefully any of this will help some people out there.
    Using Bee Kongs video live tutorial as a guide I started the process on my ASUS Strix laptop and it started well. Was able to download the 3 .apk table sets as well as zadig and powershell.
    Ran zadig on the PCB with success and had the common timeout error when trying to run ”option 2”
    Tried different USB ports and tried both wireless and wired internet connection with the same errors.
    Knowing all the USB ports on my laptop are usb 3.0 ports I decided to move over to a PC setup and started the process over again using what I know are usb 2.0 ports.
    After running ”option 2“ the PC made the usb disconnect sound so I unplugged the usb cable connected to the PCB and plugged it back into the same usb 2.0 port and then ”option 1, 3, 4, 5” ran flawlessly and all 3 table sets are now on my cab.
    I hope this helps some people out here trying to install this great mod."

3 weeks later
    #885 2 years ago

secret menu unlocked...
    enter konami code in baller 3.0 menu after doing step 1 and 2 and the app is idle
    After the new launcher is installed do the same code on the machine in the launcher per instructions

Looks like you can add other paks now.

#887 2 years ago

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Unplug your machine.

2. Take small back panel off

3. Flip the switch on the back of the pcb.

4. Plug a PC into the PCB using a USB to micro usb cord.

5. Turn on the pinball machine

6. Make sure you hear the chime on your PC recognizing the PCB.

7. Make sure the A1PinnerV3 folder is on your C: drive. Open the folder and select A1PinnerV3.exe

8. Download all 3 tables from APK Downloads section

9. Click option 1 - Launch Payload on PCB

10. Click option 2 - Check Networking

11. Click option 3 - Update/Install Launcher

12. Install/ Update all 3 packs in the APK Installs section.

13. Dump all 3 packs in Dump APK section.

14. Click "Secret Menu" then click Ok. Then click up up down down left right left right on your arrows or your numeric pad. It should prompt secret menu is unlocked.

15. Download this file to your c: drive (desktop is fine) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/iiq31tsk662ixxf/Zen_Pinball_v1.47_apkpure.com.apk/file

16. In Secret Options click Install ZenPinball APK. Navigate to where you just saved the file and select it.

17. Turn your Pinball machine off.

18. Disconnect the usb from PCB.

19. Flip switch on PCB back to on.

20. Turn on Pinball. The new launcher should come up.

21. On your cabinet hit right front button twice, hit left front button twice. Hit left flipper, right flipper, left flipper, right flipper. The secret table should appear.

22. You are done all 31 tables should be on your machine.

#888 2 years ago

More tables anyone! Better down load this stuff before it gets pulled.

065E512A-6E83-4100-ABAD-671B9093D8D2 (resized).jpeg065E512A-6E83-4100-ABAD-671B9093D8D2 (resized).jpeg
    #896 2 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Whoa!!! Getting onto it, thanks! BTW, is there enough internal storage on these A1UP machines for additional APK files?

I don't even have a table yet or the knowledge to do this. I keep missing them when they come up for sale or too far away. I'm just reposting what I see on the facebook groups I'm in. Someday I will get one. And hopefully get one of you here to do the update for me. LOL
    PS Also saw a few pins with 32" monitors that fit in the cab and runs off a Geekworm board connected to the Arcade1up PCB. So it's doable.

#899 2 years ago

How to buy and download Zen games.

#916 2 years ago

Just read this on another site.
    "The removed tables from OLD VERSIONs of zen pinball still work, if you were LUCKY enough to have them. Just have to use mysterencoders PATCHER."

#917 2 years ago
    #941 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jon9508:

Link sent for discontinued tables.

Can I get that link also? Thanks

3 months later
    #1019 2 years ago

Pinball Tables are $599 at BestBuy under Daily Deals. This is a 24 hour sale. They have all 3 models.

#1026 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

I just discovered the arcade 1up pinball machines. I've been trying to read through this thread, it is my understanding I can purchase the SW one (I'm a big fan) and also load the Williams games? I own several physical machines but want a reasonably priced virtual for some variety. With minimal effort in doing PC/mod type work.

You can load all three games tables for a total of 30 tables. Plus another 30 pr 40 tables not released through 1up.

#1028 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

I just discovered the arcade 1up pinball machines. I've been trying to read through this thread, it is my understanding I can purchase the SW one (I'm a big fan) and also load the Williams games? I own several physical machines but want a reasonably priced virtual for some variety. With minimal effort in doing PC/mod type work.

Here is a link for you. You can fit a total of 97 tables on the game.
    https://www.team-encoder.com/A1Pinner?fbclid=IwAR2tXoAH6D656Xv7h30lBjAMgFXdvMlCtaQGHm8sdZj1tKMZpxgYdc9Ax3k

#1030 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

...97 in addition to the 30 A1up stock tables, yes? (Cheers!)
    Man, my fingers are so very crossed for success with Mystery Encoder working on getting Pinball Arcade installed and working as well... It seems like, at last update, the stock hardware was a mighty limitation to this happening, but let's hope!

97 total. That's including the 30.

#1036 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

When adding the additional pinball games to the arcade 1up can you use a Macbook? The A1Pinner doesn't seem to open with a macbook.

Think it’s made for Windows but seen someone post a workaround for Mac on the Facebook group.

#1039 2 years ago
    Quoted from MysteryEncoder:

There was a version for OSX but that was 3.0, it's now suggested to use the windows version; unfortunately there were bugs in the v3.0 that aren't really going to work out for OSX users so it's not advertised on the site now.
    Eventually, we'll push a V4.0 OSX version after V4.0 drops.

Welcome to Pinside MysteryEncoder. You've done great work with these.

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from MysteryEncoder:

You say they're marketed to the naive, you are the naive. There's a market for these for people like me, I absolutely have the talent to build one and even improve upon the interface for ease of use purposes but I'll still take the A1up over putting the effort into it because the screen was already chosen for me, the feedback was already implemented for me, the DMD was already put in for me, the wood was already cut, the graphics were already applied, most of all the software is commercially built specifically for it and works great.
    Your feedback wasn't asked for and propping crap up with a diarrhea medication isn't how I want my cab to look when people come over and play with me.

You're always going to have many purists or so called highend builders that will never understand the draw to these inexpensive games. This includes 1up pinballs and video games. I'll have to say I was one of them myself at one time. Currently own 37 real pins and have owned well over 200 different titles since I started collecting. I play at home and play in a league for many years plus have played in many tournaments. Personally I find the 1up pin very fun and affordable. I know it will never play as good as my real pins but it's nice to have so many different games to toy around with.
    The same thing on the video game side of 1ups. I sold of most my large collection of over 60 real video games years ago. Kept about 12 back but have since sold them and replaced with 1up cabs. Funny now I keep hearing people say "buy a real cab" I would never buy a full size real cab again. Takes up too much room, too heavy and I can play the same games on a 1up.
    Also wanted to add that changing the flipper buttons to leaf style buttons does make a difference on the response of the flippers.

#1056 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

And btw, for those who have a modded A1Up, feel free to jump into our scoring group for some fun and friendly "competition": https://www.facebook.com/groups/579686043114109
    Thanks, all!

Just sent my request to join your facebook group. I don't have my own table at the moment but will get one soon.

1 month later
    #1078 2 years ago

Marvel Pinball on sale at Walmart $549.00

1 month later
    #1094 2 years ago
    Quoted from yonizzell:

I just got my first grand champions score on TOTAN and power cycled the machine to see if the scores are saved after you power off.
    I found out that my machine does not keep the high scores once power off. Is that how this machine is supposed to be, or do I have an issue?

Not sure since I don't own one yet. But do know on some other Arcade1up games you have to go to the main menu before powering off to save high score.

2 weeks later
    #1113 1 year ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

did anyone order the Dragons Lair machine? looking for some opinions about it. interested in it. but haven't made the leap yet for one.

You would probably be better off asking in this thread.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added

#1121 1 year ago

One day only sale $420 shipped. Direct from Arcade1up.

1 week later
    #1123 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Anyone here have any recommendations for a 27" monitor upgrade that
    a) works with a geekworm board out of the gate (no firmware patch required to reduce resolution/pixel clock)
    b) works with all the marvel/SW/wms tables
    c) doesn't require de-casing or any significant modifications to be able to mount it and have it appear like it belongs in the machine
    The Team Encoder website recommends a EM2FPAB27B....but aside from satisfying requirement "a" above, doesn't really specify much else.
    Thanks.

Not on the pinball but when building my Big Buck. I had luck with TCI, Viso and Dell 27” they worked with the geekworm. Just stay away from 4K TVs or monitors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.