I want one bad!!! How the heck can we get these!
Quoted from gregh43:
my local Sam's you can order the AtGames pinball for $699. I want one even though I have a powerhouse virtual now. but am going to wait it out with AtGames and A1UP. beings they are just getting into the virtual pinball. I think they will come out with more improvements and release more updated machines. would have been nice if they would have came out with different models and price points. such as basic model and upper high end . I would spend 1500 or more if it was decent.
I have the ZEN pins on my xbox and love it. Thats why I want this so bad, the pins are really well done.
Quoted from Rarehero:
They're cute & the price is tempting...but the lag just kills it for me. How come they haven't figured out how to reduce the lag yet? These aren't demanding games. With Pac-Man, you want that INSTANT movement when you push the joystick..it's like 1/4 second later on these things. I guess most people don't notice...blows my mind that people are filling game rooms with these things when they don't play/feel right.
Have you played the pinball machines? Hoping they arent horrible as well.
Quoted from pookycade:
There is flipper lag and it’s awful. This is a pin for kids and nothing more unfortunately. I will look towards modding my machine to get a real PC and steam running on it to get rid of the lag.
I dont see why this would run badly or lag at all, if its based on the same ZEN pins software for the XBOX and has the hardware support. I use the xbox controller and its legit. Ive played aftermarket video pins and they lagged. I dont see why this would if done properly.
Quoted from pookycade:
It runs on an Android SOC. The screen is 1080p but the hardware can only run it at 720p. I have played lots of Pinball Arcade, and other Android and IPhone pin all and never seen such lag. Bottom line they chose bottom of the barrel hardware specs and thats why it likely lags.
Well that would suck then..
Quoted from Rarehero:
Arcade 1up video games have horrible lag. Not sure why anyone expected the pins to be different. I'm also not sure why there's such a passionate community for these things. Do the people actually play them, or just like seeing them set up in a room?
I havent played any Arcade 1ups. I just knos the xbox version are cool for what they are. The software is responsive and no lag with with a controller. I guess i hoped the hardware would be sufficient.
This is why I am so on the fence. Some love, some not so much. The fact ZEN might improve it is promising. Id pay $1000 for this now it it performed like the xbox version. Id hate to buy it, knowing its iffy and having the xbox nearby. Im worried I would never play it..
Any chance the 2 can be combined? Vertical screen, with xbox power? Id buy a used xbox and replace the stock cpu if it can be done.
Id open and play if you already have it. Sounds like an easy return if you dont like it.
Quoted from FrankJ:
Need to fix flipper lag, flipper speed, and flipper strength.
Flippers look decent though?
In all seriousness, I hope this is a fix to peoples issues, I will buy in a heartbeat, if I should not have already. I think Arcade1 sees they can make some good $$$$ with this game, so hopefully that means they are making the effort worth it.
Quoted from arcademojo:
I’d imagine they are gonna be hard to snag now that the update and hack are out.
Yea I'm kicking myself for not snagging this weeks ago at 750 ( Private seller) with tempered glass. I had been tracking that pin for awhile, waiting for word on the update. The price was lowered online, so I checked this ad again and tried to buy. I ended up ordering off of Bestbuy and hope they don't fix this before next week. I have the 3 patches saved to my computer. Now just need this pin!
Quoted from PlanetExpress:
If anyone around central Ohio is looking, I just posted mine for sale… Update and mod installed (all 30 tables). Tempered glass, haptic mod, real arcade buttons. $650
Damn wish you were closer, I just ordered one.
Quoted from zimjoe:
They caught on to us! With the downloads missing, you will need to get them from somewhere. The Powershell script downloads them and converts them to .apk files. I read somewhere that if you downloaded them already, you could put them in the folder with the script and it would convert them.
All that said, the APK files will be available somewhere on the internet for those who are late to the party.
If someone had the 3 files, but failed do grab the PowerShell script, where would some find or install the correct PowerShell?
Asking for a friend.
Quoted from arcademojo:
1. Unplug your machine.
2. Take small back panel off
3. Flip the switch on the back of the pcb.
4. Plug a PC into the PCB using a USB to micro usb cord.
5. Turn on the pinball machine
6. Make sure you hear the chime on your PC recognizing the PCB.
7. Make sure the A1PinnerV3 folder is on your C: drive. Open the folder and select A1PinnerV3.exe
8. Download all 3 tables from APK Downloads section
9. Click option 1 - Launch Payload on PCB
10. Click option 2 - Check Networking
11. Click option 3 - Update/Install Launcher
12. Install/ Update all 3 packs in the APK Installs section.
13. Dump all 3 packs in Dump APK section.
14. Click "Secret Menu" then click Ok. Then click up up down down left right left right on your arrows or your numeric pad. It should prompt secret menu is unlocked.
15. Download this file to your c: drive (desktop is fine) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/iiq31tsk662ixxf/Zen_Pinball_v1.47_apkpure.com.apk/file
16. In Secret Options click Install ZenPinball APK. Navigate to where you just saved the file and select it.
17. Turn your Pinball machine off.
18. Disconnect the usb from PCB.
19. Flip switch on PCB back to on.
20. Turn on Pinball. The new launcher should come up.
21. On your cabinet hit right front button twice, hit left front button twice. Hit left flipper, right flipper, left flipper, right flipper. The secret table should appear.
22. You are done all 31 tables should be on your machine.
These instructions worked like a charm, although the GUI shutdown on me 2x for some reason.
Quoted from Deyanks98:
Yes agreed and that’s what I’ve been using. Maybe I just need to give it some more force then I have been. I’ll try it again when I get home from work.
Mine was a bitch to get in as well, just take your time, don't need to be breaking something trying to jam it in.
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside