(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#561 3 years ago

I want one bad!!! How the heck can we get these!

#569 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

my local Sam's you can order the AtGames pinball for $699. I want one even though I have a powerhouse virtual now. but am going to wait it out with AtGames and A1UP. beings they are just getting into the virtual pinball. I think they will come out with more improvements and release more updated machines. would have been nice if they would have came out with different models and price points. such as basic model and upper high end . I would spend 1500 or more if it was decent.

I have the ZEN pins on my xbox and love it. Thats why I want this so bad, the pins are really well done.

1 week later
    #582 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Official Update. Got my 2 Galaga in giant box today.
    Guess I'm lucky, ordered at 6:15 PM Pac time 3/12, delivered 2:45 pm today!
    Went out of Stock this morning.

Yep, out of stock

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They're cute & the price is tempting...but the lag just kills it for me. How come they haven't figured out how to reduce the lag yet? These aren't demanding games. With Pac-Man, you want that INSTANT movement when you push the joystick..it's like 1/4 second later on these things. I guess most people don't notice...blows my mind that people are filling game rooms with these things when they don't play/feel right.

Have you played the pinball machines? Hoping they arent horrible as well.

1 month later
    #597 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

There is flipper lag and it’s awful. This is a pin for kids and nothing more unfortunately. I will look towards modding my machine to get a real PC and steam running on it to get rid of the lag.

I dont see why this would run badly or lag at all, if its based on the same ZEN pins software for the XBOX and has the hardware support. I use the xbox controller and its legit. Ive played aftermarket video pins and they lagged. I dont see why this would if done properly.

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

It runs on an Android SOC. The screen is 1080p but the hardware can only run it at 720p. I have played lots of Pinball Arcade, and other Android and IPhone pin all and never seen such lag. Bottom line they chose bottom of the barrel hardware specs and thats why it likely lags.

Well that would suck then..

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Arcade 1up video games have horrible lag. Not sure why anyone expected the pins to be different. I'm also not sure why there's such a passionate community for these things. Do the people actually play them, or just like seeing them set up in a room?

I havent played any Arcade 1ups. I just knos the xbox version are cool for what they are. The software is responsive and no lag with with a controller. I guess i hoped the hardware would be sufficient.

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I think ill sell mine too

Does it lag?

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not sure... i kno wh20 is apparently dogshit and was one of the reasons i bought in.

That sucks. No point in buying if the hardware isnt there to support it.

3 weeks later
    #675 2 years ago

Seems the AFM pin is either a love it or hate it. Overall, is it worth $600. Does Bestbuy have a good return policy?

#682 2 years ago

If you had the ZEN version of this on XBOX, which plays perfectly, would you still buy?

#695 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ahhh ok... I have an NBA Jam. I need to look into that.

Great! They are looking into it. If they are able to make it work as intended I think these machines could be pretty valuable in the future. Even with the flaws I am planning on keeping mine.

Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

I submitted a ticket as well. We have both Marvel and AFM. While the Marvel machine has some lag, the AFM is much worse. Hopefully they can get these dialed in a little better and really have something cool

This is why I am so on the fence. Some love, some not so much. The fact ZEN might improve it is promising. Id pay $1000 for this now it it performed like the xbox version. Id hate to buy it, knowing its iffy and having the xbox nearby. Im worried I would never play it..

Any chance the 2 can be combined? Vertical screen, with xbox power? Id buy a used xbox and replace the stock cpu if it can be done.

#698 2 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Should I open mine or return it? It's sitting here. I have a tiny arcade with 4 pins and a multicade. I have room for this mini AFM so I snagged one. Now, based on what I am reading in here I'm second guessing my purchase.

Id open and play if you already have it. Sounds like an easy return if you dont like it.

2 weeks later
    #719 2 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Need to fix flipper lag, flipper speed, and flipper strength.

Flippers look decent though?

In all seriousness, I hope this is a fix to peoples issues, I will buy in a heartbeat, if I should not have already. I think Arcade1 sees they can make some good $$$$ with this game, so hopefully that means they are making the effort worth it.

3 months later
    #793 2 years ago

Looks like it's time to pick one if these up.

#797 2 years ago

Ok who bought the AFM pin off Phoenix craigslist? You barely beat me

#800 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I’d imagine they are gonna be hard to snag now that the update and hack are out.

Yea I'm kicking myself for not snagging this weeks ago at 750 ( Private seller) with tempered glass. I had been tracking that pin for awhile, waiting for word on the update. The price was lowered online, so I checked this ad again and tried to buy. I ended up ordering off of Bestbuy and hope they don't fix this before next week. I have the 3 patches saved to my computer. Now just need this pin!

#807 2 years ago

Damn I hope I can get all 30 tables. I did already pull all 3 updates.

#814 2 years ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

If anyone around central Ohio is looking, I just posted mine for sale… Update and mod installed (all 30 tables). Tempered glass, haptic mod, real arcade buttons. $650
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121143
    [quoted image]

Damn wish you were closer, I just ordered one.

#818 2 years ago

You are committed to bailing in HWN! That's a bummer.

1 week later
    #859 2 years ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

They caught on to us! With the downloads missing, you will need to get them from somewhere. The Powershell script downloads them and converts them to .apk files. I read somewhere that if you downloaded them already, you could put them in the folder with the script and it would convert them.
    All that said, the APK files will be available somewhere on the internet for those who are late to the party.

If someone had the 3 files, but failed do grab the PowerShell script, where would some find or install the correct PowerShell?

Asking for a friend.

2 weeks later
    #890 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Unplug your machine.
    2. Take small back panel off
    3. Flip the switch on the back of the pcb.
    4. Plug a PC into the PCB using a USB to micro usb cord.
    5. Turn on the pinball machine
    6. Make sure you hear the chime on your PC recognizing the PCB.
    7. Make sure the A1PinnerV3 folder is on your C: drive. Open the folder and select A1PinnerV3.exe
    8. Download all 3 tables from APK Downloads section
    9. Click option 1 - Launch Payload on PCB
    10. Click option 2 - Check Networking
    11. Click option 3 - Update/Install Launcher
    12. Install/ Update all 3 packs in the APK Installs section.
    13. Dump all 3 packs in Dump APK section.
    14. Click "Secret Menu" then click Ok. Then click up up down down left right left right on your arrows or your numeric pad. It should prompt secret menu is unlocked.
    15. Download this file to your c: drive (desktop is fine) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/iiq31tsk662ixxf/Zen_Pinball_v1.47_apkpure.com.apk/file
    16. In Secret Options click Install ZenPinball APK. Navigate to where you just saved the file and select it.
    17. Turn your Pinball machine off.
    18. Disconnect the usb from PCB.
    19. Flip switch on PCB back to on.
    20. Turn on Pinball. The new launcher should come up.
    21. On your cabinet hit right front button twice, hit left front button twice. Hit left flipper, right flipper, left flipper, right flipper. The secret table should appear.
    22. You are done all 31 tables should be on your machine.

These instructions worked like a charm, although the GUI shutdown on me 2x for some reason.

Thanks all!

#929 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Yes agreed and that’s what I’ve been using. Maybe I just need to give it some more force then I have been. I’ll try it again when I get home from work.

Mine was a bitch to get in as well, just take your time, don't need to be breaking something trying to jam it in.

#933 2 years ago

I'll be getting the Bethesda pack. DOOM is pretty bad ass.

3 weeks later
    #975 2 years ago

I don't recall that being mentioned at all in these thread. I think I'll keep the back panel off though, let some air circulation occur.

1 month later
    #1007 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonlondon:

You can put the full range of android zen app tables on there, though apparently some don't work with the launcher (and I'm not sure if you can use the launch button instead?)
    I bought a bunch of tables off of the android app and have them on my cab now. Its amazing!

Can you point to the thread or instructions on how to do this? I have the Zen Android tables on my tablet and would love to get these into my cab. I do have the 21 additional tables installed.

1 month later
    #1057 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So, the stock firmware had significant lag on Whitewater, but the other Williams table were fine, at least for a casual player. Updating to the newest firmware resolved the lag issues on Whitewater. As to the other tables, I never really noticed initial lag, so it's possible that it's even less laggy now than it was when I got it.
    That being said, I think it's definitely a question of your own sensitivity. If you're super-sensitive, as you describe, this may not be for you.
    Do I regret buying it? Speaking only for myself, no, not for an instant. I went in knowing that this was an entry-level machine, and at the price point I paid I couldn't have been happier. And then with MysteryEncoder basically blowing open the capabilities of the limited hardware on his time and sharing it with others, I have absoLUTEly no regrets.
    In fact, SINCE getting this machine, I've now started learning VPX and have been configuring VPVR, but (again, speaking for myself) I don't know that I would have gone down this road without the entry-level machine as kind of a gateway lure, which my kids and I love playing on. Is it for everyone? No, but there's still a pretty happy community that's still pleased that we have it. Physical Pin -> A1Up -> desktop VPX -> VPVR... maybe a DIY second VPin will still be down the road for me.
    And btw, for those who have a modded A1Up, feel free to jump into our scoring group for some fun and friendly "competition": https://www.facebook.com/groups/579686043114109
    Thanks, all!

I pretty much could have written this. I think it's fine and nice having some classic tables to learn rules and play on, that may not be local to me or I just want to get better at these classics and can do that at home, for cheaper. Then a better showing at the arcade on the real deal. I'm glad I got it at a discount though. Some of the other tables are pretty fun.

If your are trying to run at the higher resolution, flipper lag is way worse.

#1061 2 years ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Yup - these are definitely $600 machines.
    My buddy ripped out the internals and put a PC and an old monitor in the back box and did his own vpin. Works well, the cabinet is pretty nice for the money.
    I have seen a couple of guys load "Mystery Encoders" software and try and sell these things for $1200 LOL. Free enterprise!

I think this is where I will end up going. The cab is a nice start for a "real" virtual pin. I'm enjoying the tables as is for now though.

2 months later
    #1099 2 years ago

Barely owned for a couple of months and now blue screened..

Will have to search for a fix, but I probably wouldn't buy again anyway.

#1101 2 years ago
    Quoted from MysteryEncoder:

PCB overheated, common problem with the first generation of them. Contact arcade1up they'll give you some fuss about being out of warranty and still send you a replacement PCB. I highly recommend keeping the PCB out of the metal case as that thing just adds to the problem at the moment the way it was designed.
    https://arcade1up.freshdesk.com/support/login

Thanks will do. I thought I left the back panel off, to mitigate heat. Apparently I didn't .

#1103 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Leaving the back panel off may help some, adding some fans to circulate the air well also help, but the biggest issue is the aluminum case that encloses the PCB. When A1up sends the replacement PCB, absolutely do not put it back in that original aluminum case.
    They were pretty quick about sending replacements IIRC. Couldn't hurt to ask, cheers and good luck!

Ultimately if I have to pay for one, I will, I want it back up and running then I just need to reload everything. Aluminum case off for sure. Thanks for your input I was pretty irritated when a friend of mine played it and I've been bragging about how cool it was and it literally died in the middle of him playing.

1 month later
    #1153 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I added 40 more tables to my machine from TPA, everything went smooth.
    I did have the same bugs that Kong had in his tutorial, software crashed on my PC when uploading the TPA tables and the A1up needed to be rebooted after trying to load a TPA table for the first time.
    Thanks again to the Team for the mod.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I own all those tables on Xbox and my freaking arcade1 is locked up. Guess I need to get that figured out cuz I want this thing up and running.

#1158 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Locked up as in secured away, or as in non-functional?
    If nonfunctional, you can try using PhoenixTool to re-flash back to stock and start over with A1Pinner 3.9...
    (You didn't install XBox tables on the A1Up, correct?)

Sorry my PCB is dead, it used to blue screen, but now nothing. Someone said I could probably get the board replaced I just haven't gotten up the energy to do it LOL.

8 months later
    #1198 1 year ago

Anyone here purchase the ATGames Lrgends pinball? Looking at one NIB for about 1/2 price.

Thoughts?

8 months later
    #1211 5 months ago

My 1-UP is possessed! It hasnt worked for a year, but the backlass would light up, so i would turn it on with the real pins. Went to do some cleaning on Halloween along with the Halloween update. I moved the 1up, went about my business and shortly there after, i saw the playfield screen was on! Still had all the pins i added, played a few games and all seemed well. Left it on until bedtime...

Woke up this morning to see if I was dreaming, hmm back to not working!

I have proof! I do need to contact them about a new cpu.

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #1214 5 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Loose wire is my bet

Well I started to push my luck last night after it had been on awhile. Jostled wires, moved it around, turned it on and off a few times. No issues. Turn it on today, backbox is flickering, which is actually worse than when the the backboard was always lit

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.