(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rick432.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1002 2 years ago

So are any of the 1up pins moddable to accept the full range of Zen tables? I just stumbled on this thread and was considering it, but not strongly due to the limits on number of tables accessible, but it appears people smarter than I subverted this?

#1012 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonlondon:

You can put the full range of android zen app tables on there, though apparently some don't work with the launcher (and I'm not sure if you can use the launch button instead?)
    I bought a bunch of tables off of the android app and have them on my cab now. Its amazing!

I'll start researching this immediately. Seems like only Star Wars, Marvel (II?), and RFM, are only ones available. Less concerned about aesthetics but any hardware concerns? Latest generation equally hackable?

Thanks for the advice!

Added over 2 years ago:

Addendum:
    Didn't expect the kids to want the Attack From Mars cabinet over Marvel/Star Wars! Tracking one down...

1 month later
    #1065 2 years ago

Should one update their Attack From Mars STOCK software from Arcade1up to the 9/14/21 STOCK as per https://arcade1up.com/pages/software-updates page (which has reportedly the Whitewater fix)? Or will that mess up using A1Pinner3.1? Or are the fixes in the official Arcade1up 9/14/21 update just updates to the pin software itself, so covered already depending on the apk file?
    If I'm understanding correctly, using the arcade1up pinball_wms_20210830.zip file (downloadable from their site), just updates Whitewater? Or if one already STARTS with an AfM pin, then go ahead and update from arcade1up because the WMS.apk pins are there anyway?

#1066 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

For ChuckDLC and anyone else who needs, I believe these are the updated config files, available for 7 days:
    https://we.tl/t-RilyzVQQsk

Are these updated config files still necessary for proper solenoid functioning on all the tables as per the post from 61 days ago?
    If so, anyone know where someone could get the updated config files?
    (unless these "updated config files" are merely just the MVL, WMS, SWP apks)
    (or from this post 3 months ago from arcademojo which I picked up

#1070 2 years ago

Thank you for the response, MysteryEncoder! Very educational!

Quoted from MysteryEncoder:

A1Pinner installs the same update, installing the update after installing A1Pinner will put you back to stock. "WMS.apk" is all that has really changed in this update, and they reflash the entire cabinet to install it.
    A1Pinner if you use the WMS.apk install option and obtain the WMS.apk from the link on the team-encoder website, you'll have the updated version installed without reflashing the entire cabinet and will not lose high-scores like you would with their solution.

I'm not finding a link for WMS.apk on the team-encoder website, just the link to A1Pinnerv3.1 https://www.team-encoder.com/A1Pinner

But I suppose, if not worried about retaining high scores, since this is for an INITIAL install on a new AfM, I could simply update via STOCK, then use A1Pinnerv3.1 to export (DUMP) the WMS tables, making my OWN updated WMS.apk, which I would reflash A1Pinnerv3.1, installing the DUMPED WMS.apk (and MVL and SWP apks) to get to where I want to be.

Then follow Kong's instructions

for adding Zen, with the configs (generically written but titled for each Zen game to give at least a decent chance of solenoid function, and included with A1Pinnerv3.1).

Something like that I think?

Thanks, this is really very very cool. I own ALL the Zen tables on XBox, and enjoy them, but its frustrating not being to really SEE the table the way I want to, so this will take care of that.

1 week later
    #1074 2 years ago

FINALLY got my pin. Spent last night working on the build and software. Works well, except for one thing.
    This is probably a rookie mistake, but the DMD only rarely shows the DMD scoreboard for the pins, usually showing a squashed copy of the main display, even on the official Arcade1Up tables.

Am I missing something as to how to enable/disable DMD scoreboard?

#1077 2 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

This happens when you go from playing the Zen tables to the A1Up collections (Williams, Marvel, Star Wars). To resolve this, turn off the machine, then turn it back on and the DMD should be ok (displaying scores) on the A1Up collections.

That makes sense with what I've been experiencing. So basically once you go to the Zen tables, you have to power cycle before returning to the Arcade1Up pins.

Thanks for the help!

3 months later
    #1165 1 year ago

I know to go to 3.9 from 3.1, one has to reinstall the individual pxp game files for Zen (and Pinball Arcade). But given that there are fortunately enough tables to get that filling the memory up becomes a real potential problem, is there an easy way to REMOVE a Zen or Pinball Arcade game, then replace it with another one?

Edit: Whoops, duh. A1Pinner already has that functionality under MANAGE TABLES. I've never used it before. Is that only the standard Zen pinballs or does it work the same with the Pinball Arcade pxp's as well?

Edit again: Double duh. I see there's a MANAGE TABLES button with v3.9 of A1Pinner in the Pinball Arcade section. Still haven't run it, but nice to know it's there!

BONUS QUESTION:
    I know playing the tables that are part of the Williams STOCK APK require 720p or they play too laggy. But playing the [SAME] tables on Pinball Arcade APK ALSO require 720p?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rick432.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=Rick432 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.