(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeTangoIndia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#739 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

New prices going through the roof!!!! Marvel and Star Wars $799.99 and AFM $849.99
    [quoted image]

Yeah I saw that! WTF lol. My buddy played mine and loved it so much he went to order one and that’s when we noticed the price went up!! Crazy!! Glad I got mine at the $599. I really like it for what it is.

1 week later
    #752 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Anyone have idea why arcade1up would deliberately sit on the patch rather than release it? Seems an odd direction to go...

Yeah very odd and frustrating for sure.

1 month later
    #783 2 years ago

Great news!!! So pumped!! Arcade mojo just to clarify are you saying we can have all 30 games loaded up and accessible all at once on AFM?? That would be pretty dang cool

#784 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

I tested this last night. There is not enough room to store all 30 tables. I have the Marvel tables on the AFM currently and everything works as it should. I grabbed all files so I can switch back and forth with the laptop.

Ahhh I see. Thanks! So you can only have 10 at a time installed I guess?

#786 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

I didn’t try 20. You might have to customize
    Something to get it to work correctly. Not my image but someone claims to have it working. I had to uninstall drivers on my PC to get it to transfer.
    [quoted image]

Interesting. Thanks!

#794 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Some more info I copied from facebook. Personally don't understand a word of it. We need to get some software.code people in here LOL.
    Got it up and running with all tables.
    Here is a summary of what worked for me Download the files, Download powershell if you dont have it, run powershell command prompt as admin, go to your directory where your files are located, run the baller.ps1 file. the command i used to run it was .\baller.ps1 There are many options listed, but first you want it to download the tables options 12-14. When it does this it download the images and will create the .apk files that it needs for install. You can do all of this before you ever connect your pcb. At this point should have the files you downloaded plus the 3 apks. now plug in pc the way a1up instructs you from their youtube video, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. before continuing, there is a usb driver that you have to load for the flash to take called zadig 2.5. in the zadig app you find your pinball pcb, it will show up as unknown usb device, and click install driver. this install takes about 5 mins. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2, which gets pcb ready for programming, then option 1 which sets up the script, then install the 3 table packs, options 3, 4, 5 then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back and it will now boot to your new gui. And you got all 30 tables. in summary the little program goes out to arcade 1up, downloads their images, converts them into APKs, puts the pcb into programming mode, removes a few unneeded files to make space for all 3 table packs, installs the gui and all 3 packs onto the pcb, and then you are done. ( i installed the 3 table packs not running powershell as admin)

Wow!! Thanks so much arcademojo. This is just crazy. I have to get on this before A1up puts a stop to it somehow lol. I really like my AFM A1up pin this will just be icing on the cake with Whitewater AND the 20 others!!

#801 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Go to their site and download the patch for all 3 tables before they fix it. They know about.

Excellent idea lol. Done!!! Can’t wait to get around to install everything. Yard work and house chores first though! Haha

#836 2 years ago

Just successfully installed all 30 games! So awesome. Had to have my wife help me lol. She’s better at computer stuff

413ACB52-4815-468B-9434-679529B9C165 (resized).jpeg413ACB52-4815-468B-9434-679529B9C165 (resized).jpeg
    #851 2 years ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Ended up taking the plunge and buying the Marvel cabinet, since my daughter would like the artwork, modding all 30 tables was relatively simple, ran into one problem but the suggestion here to switch computers solved it.
    Honestly pleasantly surprised by how much better some of the tables feel compared to when I played them on my computer(in fact some games I didn't like I think I like now). Though I did go into this completely aware of this cabinet's faults so that probably helped to keep my expectations in check. Though I can't really give a proper review until I've owned it longer, but 10 games would have definitely felt like way too little.

Yeah I really like my attack from Mars machine and now with all 30 it’s a total bargain. And the updates make them all play great now. Very happy with mine takes up very little space and scratches the pinball itch!

#860 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

OK, this was sent to me from one of the facebook guys doing this. Someone want to give it a try.
    "Download this one and you can skip the downloading tables and apk part, files are already downloaded to this folder."
    https://mega.nz/folder/eaw2CSza#OvIH2ImUJZTpL7yuxRZFvQ

Hey guys just use this Mega zip file. It has all the tables packs converted into apk files in it already. That’s what I used when I did the 30 tables. I THINK by using this mega pack it bypasses having to go onto arcade1up servers. I think this mega file was created for this exact reason. For when arcade1up catches on to this mod. You’ll have to extract the zip files out of mega. But once you get them all unzipped it’s easy from there!

#865 2 years ago

This is the video I followed. He was easier to follow than Kong IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeTangoIndia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=MikeTangoIndia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.