(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deyanks98.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#478 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok folks. Two things. One it is now possible and proven to run and fit a 32” monitor in the Arcade1up pinball game. And second Attack From Mars is now live for pre order at Best Buy. Keep in mind Best Buy is always $50 more then other retailers.
    [quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this. Do we have any ideas when this will be out? I have a good amount of credit at Best Buy so even for the extra $50 I'm fine with this.

1 month later
    #556 3 years ago

Very thorough review in that video. Think what stood out to me the most now is the graphics and the grainy look to the characters. The lag didn’t look bad from the flippers which was good to see, but if the graphics are a big set back like he mentioned I’m probably more off the fence then over it at this point. Anyone else have thoughts on the graphics in this virtual pin?

2 months later
    #619 2 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The little one is loving it!
    White Water is unplayable due to lag, but honestly, the rest of the games were fine. The build quality surpassed my expectations by a long margin - feels solid & looks amazing.
    The four solenoids do an admirable job & add to the ‘realism’. The 23.8” playfield sounds like it would be too small, but again, it looks bigger than that when playing on it.
    If the screen was 1080p & this was upgradable (to add more games), then I would’ve scored it 9/10. As it is, it’s a solid 7.5/10.
    PS: I’ve reached out to their PR/Marketing team regarding future upgrades/features & fixes like fixing White Water via a patch, internet connectivity & being able to purchase / add more content (sussing out if they are planning an App Store setup to buy more content). No reply so far.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome looking forward to picking mine up next week at Best Buy. Question are the feet the same size as a regular pin that we could use pin shoes on them?

3 months later
    #759 2 years ago

I picked up an AFM last weekend and finally got a chance to play last night. Two questions one is there any way to make the back legs higher like we obviously do on a real pin or do I just need to stand closer to the screen and adjust my playing stance since everything would be flat? Not a biggy just wondering. Second question is there an adjustment for the noise the flippers make after you hit them as I noticed it’s about a second or two delay until you hear the normal noise from the flippers? I see you can turn solenoids off or on in the adjustments menu.

#761 2 years ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

Read my earlier posts, as that is my biggest gripe with this machine. No way to adjust this, but fingers crossed it will be fixed in the patch once it’s released.

Thanks I read back through the majority of your posts on this and other things. Good information and agreed with you the late flipper noise is very annoying. I'll try to tune my mind out of listening for it all the time.

4 weeks later
    #873 2 years ago

Question I’m looking at buying a laptop does this need a USB 2.0 port or does it work with the USB 3.0 ports when you connect the cable from the laptop to the pin?

2 weeks later
    #886 2 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Version 3 of the hack has been released! go here: https://0bin.net/paste/BD4wpZOz?fbclid=IwAR13EWrLFUk568WncRwvKT7nvSvb5skSMc59e45frjQVhX-ITNcvAQlSdwQ#w6v21IaltAc+2ALcmgkfdqWcGPCqlvU64AW6NegNBrG
    And then grab the new MEGA file: https://mega.nz/file/YsVAlDxC#7-4c0znKLiDK-L7YCyt4XbC5LpMe6F6dU6EU4cSWxD0
    The new update is a cinch, as it is now all GUI based! Oh yeah, no more need for Zadig either.
    Some cool new features that this hack unlocks:
    ============= HOT KEYS=================
    The white buttons on the front of the cab -- Hold both of them down for a few seconds, then release... then you can choose another compilation (so no more needing to turn off/on to select new table packs.
    In the launcher..
    - Hold down the left white button for about 5-6 seconds, release cabinet will reboot.
    Welcome to 1080p, yep, 1080p!!!!
    Do it again to go back to the stock 720p.
    Good luck. Going to 1080p just elevates these machines even more.

Thanks I was going to update mine last night but ran out of time. Anything that is easier is great. Hopefully I can do this sometime this week.

#918 2 years ago

Which Micro USB cable do we need to plug into the PCB as I just tried ten different micro usb cables I have and none of them fit in there and I'm about ready to smash something? No idea how none of mine will fit. Can someone send me a link to exactly what you use? Thanks.

#921 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jon9508:

I had to bend my front housing down. If you have a short tip microusb cord it wouldn't seat correctly. Once I bent down the front lip it seemed to plug in and seat better.

Thanks I was looking at that and I probably have to do the same with mine.

#923 2 years ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Heh, those cfg files are just the equivalent of copying the same file and renaming.
    The micro usb doesn't go in as easily as you'd like, but usually just takes some jimmying to get it in. I didn't have to bend anything.

Could you post a picture in here of the cable you use so I can verify the end is the same as what I'm using? Thanks.

#928 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]
    I think you need the connector on the right.

Yes agreed and that’s what I’ve been using. Maybe I just need to give it some more force then I have been. I’ll try it again when I get home from work.

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Mine was a bitch to get in as well, just take your time, don't need to be breaking something trying to jam it in.

I bought a new cable and everything worked like a charm.

#931 2 years ago

Question when we switvh to 1080P if we power the pin off does it then go back to 720P when it boots up next time? Also what tables do you guys recommend out of the Star Wars and Marvel ones?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deyanks98.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=Deyanks98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.