(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.
    #1 4 years ago

Here it is! Arcade 1UP's first attempt into the virtual pinball world.
    ZEN Studio, Bally Williams.
    Had color DMD!!
    WIFI enabled.
    built in solenoid's for haptic feedback.
    Built in accelerometer for real nudge and tilt feature.
    backlight backglass with interchangeable artwork.
    7" color LCD DMD. dual speakers with metal speaker grill.
    24" high def LCD playfield. Legs have adjustable feet.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

This will 100% bring new blood into the hobby.

#3 4 years ago

We need to get some opinions on it concerning flipper lag etc. from someone who gets one. I don't mean one of those U-tube video's that some rep for them creates and spills all the unicorn compliments about it on us. We need a pinsiders assessment like we got on the other 3/4 pins just released.

#4 4 years ago

COOL! Competition in the mass market virtual pinball space.

#5 4 years ago

Just from a cosmetic standpoint looks far better then the super bezel thing.

#6 4 years ago

Wow, very interesting.

Not only does this omit the unsightly bezel that the ToyShock has, but it's coming out with SW as it's artwork as opposed to some unknown (to the target market) 1980's title/artwork and also has a dedicated LCD for scoring as opposed to 4-player digital scores. Also B/W >>> Gottlieb titles on the whole.

If they can also address the lag issues (boardset, or monitor?), get some popular B/W titles in there, and have this thing in the same ballpark price-wise, they will have a lot of new buyers.

I will say though, after playing an Arcade1Up in Walmart when considering whether to make a MAME for my son, it was definitely MDF feeling, whereas reviews for the ToyShock on YouTube praise the construction. That may be the main thing ToyShock has over Arcade1Up if the latter uses the same build quality as their arcade cabinets.

Stern's website should now link you to this toy for kids when you click the link below.
    Affordable (resized).pngAffordable (resized).png

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wow, very interesting.
    Not only does this omit the unsightly bezel that the ToyShock has, but it's coming out with SW as it's artwork as opposed to some unknown (to the target market) 1980's title/artwork and also has a dedicated LCD for scoring as opposed to 4-player digital scores. Also B/W >>> Gottlieb titles on the whole.
    If they can also address the lag issues (boardset, or monitor?), get some popular B/W titles in there, and have this thing in the same ballpark price-wise, they will have a lot of new buyers.
    I will say though, after playing an Arcade1Up in Walmart when considering whether to make a MAME for my son, it was definitely MDF feeling, whereas reviews for the ToyShock on YouTube praise the construction. That may be the main thing ToyShock has over Arcade1Up if the latter uses the same build quality as their arcade cabinets.
    Stern's website should now link you to this toy for kids when you click the link below.
    [quoted image]

Why would Stern link to a product that is not their own? I don't understand that at all.

#8 4 years ago

Anticipating to see what Williams and Bally pins come out on this game.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Anticipating to see what Williams and Bally pins come out on this game.

I would assume that they would be the same one's currently available on Zen's pinball arcade. You can download the "Williams Pinball App" on your phone for free and see their current lineup, play for free, and see how the emulation holds up. Big names include AFM, MM, WW, RS, MB, TOTAN, and a few others. No Alphanumeric Games released so far.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Why would Stern link to a product that is not their own? I don't understand that at all.

Ugh. It was a joke since they have a $4000 "affordable home game" that no parent on Earth is buying their child, yet this new game is the same license at probably 1/10th of the price.

#11 4 years ago

Since it's WiFi enabled and has exchangeable translight I would think you will be able to purchase other games and artwork.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ugh. It was a joke since they have a $4000 "affordable home game" that no parent on Earth is buying their child, yet this new game is the same license at probably 1/10th of the price.

Ah my bad bud. The internet makes it difficult at times haha.

#13 4 years ago

First thing I noticed was a lack of plunger. I have doubts on build quality based on the other A1Up products.

#14 4 years ago

Wow! Is this peak pinball now? Really cool. I look forward to some reviews.

#15 4 years ago

Can anyone post a video mirror? I think it's region locked.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

Can anyone post a video mirror? I think it's region locked.

It doesnt work for me either. Listed as private.

#17 4 years ago

Video was just pulled from everywhere. Might have been a leak?
    "Private video
    Sign in if you've been granted access to this video"

#18 4 years ago

They probably want to get all the press out next week during CES. They have had a presence there in previous years.

#19 4 years ago

It did show in the video it was for CES. Had to be a leak That's not until the 7th.

#20 4 years ago

Anybody take a screenshot at least?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Willy39:

Anybody take a screenshot at least?

Look up. I have a screen shot posted.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Look up. I have a screen shot posted.

Thanks!

#23 4 years ago

Video was pulled, but it was just someone saying this would be shown at CES 2020.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Because digital pinball is a shame to the real deal

#25 4 years ago

Any idea on price point? Most arcade1up is $500 or less. I would be shocked if they can do this for $500! Still don't understand how sterns "the pin" was so costly. Not much cheaper than a pro. I wonder if this makes them re-think there home pricing and strategy for the home market.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Video was pulled, but it was just someone saying this would be shown at CES 2020.

The video was leaked from Arcade1UP official website. They quickly pulled it.

#27 4 years ago

Star Wars was a good choice for this one since the legs look so big it looks like an AT-AT.

#28 4 years ago

It’s crazy that this has WiFi while the major pinball companies struggle to add modern features like online connectivity

#29 4 years ago

If 1up can commoditize virtual pinball for sub $1000 (I’m guessing $699) this will be incredible. The screenshot clearly shows it runs Zen with WiFi. So you can buy any zen table.

This will be a must buy for sure. And no doubt people will mod the cabinet for improved displays etc...

EE4DCDA3-F115-481A-A0D4-0E77B1F9440A (resized).pngEE4DCDA3-F115-481A-A0D4-0E77B1F9440A (resized).png
    #30 4 years ago

Wow I'm actually kind of impressed that they included the force feedback system which imo is critical for something like this.

Is they can keep the price below 1k this will be a big hit and great for the Pinball community as it will only get people more interested in real pinball.

#31 4 years ago

wasn't zen studios suppose to release their own cab? maybe arcade1up is releasing for them instead?

#32 4 years ago

2020 is going to be a great year for pinball. Let the mini virtual pinball competition begin.

#33 4 years ago

This looks very promising, but until I see there is no - or very minimal - flipper lag, nothing matters. Wifi, high def, blah blah blah...none of that matters if it plays like shit due to flipper lag.

#34 4 years ago

Should I pay for a knocker on this or not?

#35 4 years ago

So maybe you get 1 star wars table with the purchase and have to buy each one through Steam? All of these tables have some serious pc requirements and I think they are only available on steam? It will be interesting to see the hardware and software offerings at launch.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

If 1up can commoditize virtual pinball for sub $1000 (I’m guessing $699) this will be incredible. The screenshot clearly shows it runs Zen with WiFi. So you can buy any zen table.
    This will be a must buy for sure. And no doubt people will mod the cabinet for improved displays etc...[quoted image]

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

This looks very promising, but until I see there is no - or very minimal - flipper lag, nothing matters. Wifi, high def, blah blah blah...none of that matters if it plays like shit due to flipper lag.

Is that a thing on virtual pinball? Prob a Linux system in there.. joystick interface to the buttons etc. should be as good as any of the 1up machines which all play great.

#37 4 years ago

You need a higher end NVidia card to get lag free virtual pinning so hopefully they went that route. Flipper lag is a thing of the past if you use the correct hardware.

Quoted from PoMC:

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So maybe you get 1 star wars table with the purchase and have to buy each one through Steam? All of these tables have some serious pc requirements and I think they are only available on steam? It will be interesting to see the hardware and software offerings at launch.

I think the typical embedded GPUs way outperform what’s needed for these tables. But you are right in stating that the pc requirements are higher than the other 1up products. So maybe we are looking at a $999 product.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Is that a thing on virtual pinball?

It is for us that know the difference. However, 99% of the buying public have no clue what it is.

#40 4 years ago

Someone mentioned the "bezel looking thing", I did my best to make it not look like "all bezel". I'm new to building my own Virtual Pinball, I have owned a VPCabs and a few others. Hope you guys enjoy this... feedback is welcome as I'm literally learning as I go.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRalph:

Someone mentioned the "bezel looking thing", I did my best to make it not look like "all bezel". I'm new to building my own Virtual Pinball, I have owned a VPCabs and a few others. Hope you guys enjoy this... feedback is welcome as I'm literally learning as I go.

That looks great! Did you see the one where the guy moved the head back and put in a 31" screen on the playfield?

#42 4 years ago

Cool. Well if the pc included sucks, this will be easier to mod than a Toyshock setup.. maybe just a pc swap with a better gpu.

#43 4 years ago

I doubt it. You need the software and the interface. They won't make it that easy to mod.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Cool. Well if the pc included sucks, this will be easier to mod than a Toyshock setup.. maybe just a pc swap with a better gpu.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That looks great! Did you see the one where the guy moved the head back and put in a 31" screen on the playfield?

I did see that, I tried to keep the cost down and reuse what I have. I used a Arcade1up monitor for the backglass / DMD to be resourceful, something I'm usually terrible at doing... LOL! arcademojo

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRalph:

I did see that, I tried to keep the cost down and reuse what I have. I used a Arcade1up monitor for the backglass / DMD to be resourceful, something I'm usually terrible at doing... LOL! arcademojo

Try Popper for front end

#46 4 years ago

You need a higher end NVidia card to get lag free virtual pinning so hopefully they went that route. Flipper lag is a thing of the past if you use the correct hardware.

Kind of true but monitor it's very important too. Hopefully they're using a good one

#47 4 years ago

I doubt it. You need the software and the interface. They won't make it that easy to mod.

Yeah it will be very easy to mod. The community will read this apart mod wise in a second considering switch PS4 and ever other legitimate software has been have in some way.

I see this as an easy CPU and GPU and perennially even monitor deal if necessary. I like the hardware already being done as that's a pain

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Yeah it will be very easy to mod. The community will read this apart mod wise in a second considering switch PS4 and ever other legitimate software has been have in some way.
    I see this as an easy CPU and GPU and perennially even monitor deal if necessary. I like the hardware already being done as that's a pain

The thing that concerns me about it is the cheap particle board since you'd be leaning on it. Seems like the juice anti worth the squeeze if you're going to spend the $ on low latency display purchase cooling equipment & pc/gpu at that point IMO it would be better long term to obtain a donor cab.

#49 4 years ago

Looks pretty good, wondering if they are using the Android version of Zens Software to keeps costs down.

The PC/Steam version needs a decent computer to run well.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from ranman2001:

Looks pretty good, wondering if they are using the Android version of Zens Software to keeps costs down.
    The PC/Steam version needs a decent computer to run well.

Unless it customized, the Android version doesn’t support dual displays and all the cabinet stuff.

The minimum and recommended PC requirements for Zen aren’t crazy. But it requires Windows 10. All this inflates the cost of this. Will be interesting to see how they manage the cost of it.

D33F448A-C125-4379-B77B-0B5C92FC6688 (resized).pngD33F448A-C125-4379-B77B-0B5C92FC6688 (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.