(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
    #401 3 years ago

Jeez; I was just watching today's video about Zen-vs-AtGames on PDubs Arcade Loft. Nearing the end of the video I attempted to comment, but something was blocking it. I re-loaded to find the video was privatized while I watching. Hmmm, best not to stir the pot I guess?

#402 3 years ago

AtGames always gets into legal issues, and released subpar products. I'd stay away from their V-pin.

#403 3 years ago

I like Arcade1Ups approach: 10-12 games that are optimized for their platform and play really well. A clean, focused approach.

AtGames likes to throw as much shit into their Legends platform as possible, whether or not the games play well. For example, the ability to hook up a computer via HDMI to play virtual pinball. Imagine the input lag...oof. They seem to market to the “23,000-in-1 multicade” type crowd.

-Doug

#404 3 years ago

I like the look.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #405 3 years ago

thats nice.. maybe Arcade1Up should use the better specs like AtGames

#409 3 years ago

I feel like we’ve been teased with all this shit for 2 years now, When are they actually going to be available?

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I feel like we’ve been teased with all this shit for 2 years now, When are they actually going to be available?

Didn’t they reveal it at ces 2020? I mean almost a year. And we get another tease, I’m ready to see this too. Would love to drop one in my kids room. However my pinball friends keep saying, but you have real pinball??? Ya except vpins aren’t loud af in the middle of the night

Wasn’t at games making a vpin with more customizability?

#411 3 years ago

Marvel pin is back online at GameStop for pre order $549.99 with 11/30/20 delivery date!!

#412 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up. (and BTW it's Nov. 30th, not Oct...)

Pre-order placed. I'll try to post updates to this thread as to how the process goes....

Later,
    EV

#413 3 years ago

OK.....first bit of detail...

Pre-order charged nothing for shipping, so it says it's supposed to show up at my door within 2-4 business days of release date.

Price was just $550 + tax

Later,
    EV

#414 3 years ago

Does anyone know the actual assembled dimensions? Gamestop has 37.4” x 21.6” x 22.64” which doesn't sound right since the game itself is 59.5 tall. Trying to figure out the depth as I want to fit this into a space where a normal pinball is too deep.

#415 3 years ago

Attack From Mars game list is out and it’s a winner in my book!!!!

01C3E60E-9E34-48DC-8441-9E9463148B24 (resized).jpeg01C3E60E-9E34-48DC-8441-9E9463148B24 (resized).jpeg
    #416 3 years ago

Only wish it had Monster Bash instead of Red & Ted.

#417 3 years ago

Nice game list. I'm definitely in for the Attack from Mars cab. They need to open up preorders and take my money!

#418 3 years ago

How can these preorder spots be sold out already? They will sell a crapton of these hope they can make them fast enough.....

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from stuckey_t:

How can these preorder spots be sold out already? They will sell a crapton of these hope they can make them fast enough.....

Seems like a universal issues right now no matter what kind of pinball you are making.

#420 3 years ago

Game list for all three.

64CEF6E4-3AAD-4070-A07B-6C04FAA0AEC8 (resized).jpeg64CEF6E4-3AAD-4070-A07B-6C04FAA0AEC8 (resized).jpeg
    #421 3 years ago

Game list looks good! I wonder how they’re gonna cram wide body games into a standard body cab, virtually.

-Doug

#422 3 years ago

Thanks ArcadeMojo for the poster info..
    iam going for a Attack from Mars machine
    if I can get one. like the classic pinballs.. wonder how the classic games will compare
    to Visual Pinball?

#423 3 years ago

These are running the FX3 application to handle these tables. If you're curious how they handle widebody or how ball physics compares to real games there are a ton of YouTube videos of these specific tables running on FX3. My personal opinion is that FX3 physics isn't quite as good as Visual Pinball, but the ease of use and internet features make up for it to the point that I happily buy all of the Williams releases day 1.

#424 3 years ago

Amazing there are no pics of playfields showing picture quality or video.

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks ArcadeMojo for the poster info..
    iam going for a Attack from Mars machine
    if I can get one. like the classic pinballs.. wonder how the classic games will compare
    to Visual Pinball?

I'm in for an AFM when they come out also. Don't care if it doesn't play the greatest. I'll take it for what it is. My only concern is the screen size. Hoping to be able to squeeze a 32 inch screen in without a lot of modifications to the cab.

#426 3 years ago

I would be curious to see what version of the game they are putting on the machine. Normally the flippers go up so high they trap like a Gottlieb system 3. With their last release I got a level 4 of the new tables and there is a feature where you can turn on pro difficulty and pro physics. When you do that the flippers stop like a real Williams machine did, the rubbers are super bouncy and the slings are crazy sensitive. Makes the game waaaay harder and play like a real machine that’s set up fast and tough. Only problem is the flippers seem really underpowered, like the developers that made these tried out games in an arcade that had flippers in need of a rebuild.
    What are the odds people will figure out how to add the rest of the tables they have available for their app? If they are successful they will probably make more. I think I will wait for them to make a creature or monster bash one.

#427 3 years ago

Where can you buy these? Will Costco, wal mart, etc have them or pre order direct only?

#428 3 years ago

I have a custom built virtual pinball now running Visual pinball. iam hoping Arcade1up machine takes off and they come out with differnt versions with bigger screens etc.. visual pinball is cool. but is a pain downloading and configuring . I want a machine where I turn it on and ready to play. no more installing junk or downloading..

#429 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I have a custom built virtual pinball now running Visual pinball. iam hoping Arcade1up machine takes off and they come out with differnt versions with bigger screens etc.. visual pinball is cool. but is a pain downloading and configuring . I want a machine where I turn it on and ready to play. no more installing junk or downloading..

exactly what im looking for. I sold my old Mini VP cabinet i built. I kinda want to do another one because i have the hardware laying around to make one, but i really dont want to mess with all that front end configuration again haha

#430 3 years ago

I've got FX3 running in this cabinet on a 27" 1440p 165hz monitor. A bit higher end than these cabinets will be, but similar size and the same software.

https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/27-mid-size-virtual-pinball-cabinet/

It plays really nicely. I've messed with Visual Pinball as well, but the pick up and play nature of FX3 along with the online features makes it my go-to. The higher framerate and resolution are very nice, as well as being able to add new FX3 tables on demand, but I spent about twice as much as these cabs will cost and that's with no art on the cabinet.

I think they're pricing these right and I probably would have just picked one of these up if they were available when I made my build.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where can you buy these? Will Costco, wal mart, etc have them or pre order direct only?

Right now only the Marvel one is available for online pre order at GameStop in limited supply. They sold out twice. However they will be available at most big box stores soon. All companies are having supply issues do to COVID. I'll try to keep this thread updated when I see them come up for sale.

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Quoted from sk8ersublime:

exactly what im looking for. I sold my old Mini VP cabinet i built. I kinda want to do another one because i have the hardware laying around to make one, but i really dont want to mess with all that front end configuration again haha

Same here. Just want something I can plug in and play. The nice artwork is a huge bonus. Have the perfect spot for one of these that a real pin can't fit in so it's not taking up prime floor space in my gameroom.

#434 3 years ago

Looking pretty good. Nudging seems a little strange but better than nothing.

#435 3 years ago

Looks pretty good. Nice to know there are some different coils to give that feedback. Nudging from a cradle seemed like it could pop the ball up, which is a little weird, but at least it’s in the game.

#436 3 years ago

I am surprised by this comment. There are over 800 tables available in vp9/vpx with updated tables weekly so the sheer variety is staggering in VP. If you have a custom vp build now why would you want a smaller unit with 10 tables to play? If I didn't have a full size vp cabinet I might consider something like this, but never would I replace my full size rig with this one. Hope it sells well though, great for the hobby.

Quoted from gregh43:

#437 3 years ago

i dont plan on getting rid of my VP machine. VPX is awesome with some of the latest Stern Tables and other classics. but its a nice switch to play something I don't have to worry about software to download or configure. plus iam not computer savvy. so the software can be a challenge. all PupPacks I havent messed with . seems too much work to get it running. but I miss out on some good tables like Beatles etc..iam hoping Stern will jump on board too and put out a VP machine.. theres been rumor talk of it. but you know how rumors go..

1 week later
    #438 3 years ago

I just received an email from Arcade1Up. The Marvel and Star Wars tables are now available to order from Gamestop and The Brick. Anxiously awaiting the AFM table release.

#439 3 years ago

Isn't it $799? Thought they were honna be around $500

#440 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #441 3 years ago

For the Canadian folks out there, you can buy/pre-order them via The Brick right now.

Price is $799CAD + Tax (either of the 3 titles)

Now the important stuff:

The Star Wars and Marvel pins have an estimated delivery of AFTER January 30th 2021 (Pickup ready AFTER February 3rd 2021)

The Attack from Mars pin has an estimated delivery of AFTER JULY 14th 2021 (Pickup ready AFTER JULY 17th 2021)

This means you have to be patient for AFM...

Here's the link for AFM: https://thebrick.com/products/arcade1up-attack-from-mars-bally-williams-digital-pinball

#442 3 years ago

If anyone gets a chance to try these Arcade 1up pins. Please post about it. I'm interested. But, a little concerned about flipper lag. That is the time from when you hit the button to when the flipper responds. If it feels like a real pin, great. If there's a really noticeable delay, I'm probably out.

#443 3 years ago
    Quoted from frosken:

For the Canadian folks out there, you can buy/pre-order them via The Brick right now.
    Price is $799CAD + Tax (either of the 3 titles)
    Now the important stuff:
    The Star Wars and Marvel pins have an estimated delivery of AFTER January 30th 2021 (Pickup ready AFTER February 3rd 2021)
    The Attack from Mars pin has an estimated delivery of AFTER JULY 14th 2021 (Pickup ready AFTER JULY 17th 2021)
    This means you have to be patient for AFM...
    Here's the link for AFM: https://thebrick.com/products/arcade1up-attack-from-mars-bally-williams-digital-pinball

July for afm? Why?

#444 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Thanks for the heads-up. (and BTW it's Nov. 30th, not Oct...)
    Pre-order placed. I'll try to post updates to this thread as to how the process goes....
    Later,
    EV

OK....new update. With the release of pre-orders for the Star Wars version, I noticed that the release date is now showing as Dec 15th. This is also what is displayed for the Marvel version.

I pulled up my confirmation email, and clicked on the included "Order Tracking" button;
    Order Status shows "Awaiting Product Availability"
    Release Date now shows Dec 15th.

Dammit. Two additional weeks of waiting....

Later,
    EV

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flippersaurus:

If anyone gets a chance to try these Arcade 1up pins. Please post about it. I'm interested. But, a little concerned about flipper lag. That is the time from when you hit the button to when the flipper responds. If it feels like a real pin, great. If there's a really noticeable delay, I'm probably out.

Been covered in this thread: new models will have negligible lag, on older models some were bad, manufacturer promised free replacement board to fix but haven't heard anyone's gotten one yet.

#446 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Been covered in this thread: new models will have negligible lag, on older models some were bad, manufacturer promised free replacement board to fix but haven't heard anyone's gotten one yet.

Old models? You have Toyshock (TPA) and Arcade1up (pinball FX) mixed up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Old models? You have Toyshock (TPA) and Arcade1up (pinball FX) mixed up.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-3-4-size-pinball-at-walmart-12-built-in-games-

D'oh! Well, hopefully Arcade1up has learned Toyshock's lesson and won't release their game with lag, too! One would hope.

#448 3 years ago

I'm really interested in the Atgames version, but can't find where to preorder. Is it just a huge tease? It has a 32" over arcade1up with a 24" for $50 more.

#449 3 years ago

Anyone have the updated game list for the AFM model? I remember seeing her pulled funhouse and put in white water and some others

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone have the updated game list for the AFM model? I remember seeing her pulled funhouse and put in white water and some others

30 posts above^^^^^^^^^^^

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/9?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.