(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 25.
    #351 3 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

What kind of pinball can you put on it?

You get 12 Gottlieb titles pre loaded. There is no downloading.

http://www.toyshock.com/propuesta/21cdigital.php

#352 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

You get 12 Gottlieb titles pre loaded. There is no downloading.
    http://www.toyshock.com/propuesta/21cdigital.php

I was referring to the ATGames legends system the guy I quoted said he ordered. It has pinball buttons on the side.

#353 3 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Also, can you buy Street Fighter 2 arcade game not the pinball? For a 6 button arcade game it has to have Street Fighter 2 on it

#354 3 years ago

I think what I read about the pinball you can play on the atgames machije will be VISUAL PINBALL X and there's suppose to be link with the arcade for it.. comes with a pinball game called Leprechaun..

#355 3 years ago

I was gonna purchase the AtGames machine but decided to hold off till hopefully they come out with a newer version. like to have it like a Mame mulitcade where the monitor has the crt filter and curvature like the old arcade games had. mame software has the settings for crt filter which the atgames doesn't. I know you can hook a PC up to the machine but would be great if they made a machine with a option to have a PC installed its a nice machine especially the controller and the USB hookups but I dont mind paying a few bucks for a Pc running it.. Dragonslair I would like to play. but the current setup won't handle it.. waiting on the AtGames pinbwll as well

#356 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I think what I read about the pinball you can play on the atgames machije will be VISUAL PINBALL X and there's suppose to be link with the arcade for it.. comes with a pinball game called Leprechaun..

Sounds interesting. Would you just put the appropriate files on a USB and plug it in to play? I currently have a Arcade1up with a Pandora’s Box arcade stick on it and I was considering getting one of the new smaller virtual pinball machines either by AtGames or Arcade1up but it would be much better space wise for me to have both in one system. Leaves more room for real pinball

#357 3 years ago

this is the video I watched about it.

#358 3 years ago

Thanks. The Sams Club versions are already sold out. I put my modded arcade1up up for sale and got a buyer so I went to buy this online and they were gone. Bummer.

#359 3 years ago

ParkShow my sams club in my area shows some available.. i don't have a membership there..

#360 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

ParkShow my sams club in my area shows some available.. i don't have a membership there..

Yesterday morning it was in stock online and out of stock in my area. Now it shows out of stock for both. It will only look for Sams within 150 miles and it says none available. Oh well I’m sure they will get some eventually. Or maybe they will release their virtual pinball machine and I’ll like that better.

#361 3 years ago

iam also waiting for the pinball.. ill hold off on the Ultimate Legends Machine. ill wait to see if they release another improved version. some of the reviews I read from Sams Club. some buyers were saying they had missing parts or damaged screens..

#362 3 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

maybe they will release their virtual pinball machine and I’ll like that better.

If you like your pinball more horizontal than vertical, you probably will!

#363 3 years ago

So we keep hearing about a release date and delays, etc......... Sorry, I thought this was Deeproot thread, never mind.

#364 3 years ago

Well I’m really glad sams club sold out of the legends stand up arcade! I found some more stuff to sell and ended up selling my modded arcade1up and will be ordering a Stern Jurassic Park Monday!
    After having a stand up arcade for close to two years I just don’t think we need to have one. It frees up more space for pinball and sometimes when we would play I would rather just sit since I’m always standing playing pinball anyway.

Anyway, we are going to go with one of those legends flashback console systems. With a soon to be 4 year old and a 7 year old as my primary gaming partners, I think they will enjoy that as much or more than a full size stand up.

#365 3 years ago

A company rep said "no planed release date" via FB. I think it would be a great time to launch a new pin.

1 week later
    #366 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

A company rep said "no planed release date" via FB. I think it would be a great time to launch a new pin.

ARe they working with Deeproot on this pin?

2 weeks later
    #368 3 years ago

actually looks quite cool, but think it needs smaller legs to match its correct smaller scale as looks a little funny with the full size legs but every thing else scaled down.

#369 3 years ago

Looks good, I thought there were going to be 12 titles in each pin, is this star wars only?

#370 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks good, I thought there were going to be 12 titles in each pin, is this star wars only?

Zen has 19 Star Wars themed tables. Sounds like they're all included.

#371 3 years ago

Thanks Wesman for sharing that link and info.. iam waiting to see what AtGames virtual will look like. it might be alot better than Arcade1Up.

#372 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

actually looks quite cool, but think it needs smaller legs to match its correct smaller scale as looks a little funny with the full size legs but every thing else scaled down.

Agreed it looks a little odd to us pinheads, but will the average family consumer care?

Why spend the extra $$$ tooling up to re-invent the wheel?
    Just use as many off-the-shelf components as you can to keep the BOM cost low, and crank 'em out.

The missus and I are already planning on getting both this Star Wars one as well as the Marvel release...

Later,
    EV

#373 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Agreed it looks a little odd to us pinheads, but will the average family consumer care?
    Why spend the extra $$$ tooling up to re-invent the wheel?
    Just use as many off-the-shelf components as you can to keep the BOM cost low, and crank 'em out.
    The missus and I are already planning on getting both this Star Wars one as well as the Marvel release...
    Later,
    EV

Totally agree from a business perspective and maximising profit and revenue but I like my wheels authentic

#374 3 years ago
    Quoted from mettle64:

Zen has 19 Star Wars themed tables. Sounds like they're all included.

Where do you find their tables? Thx,,

#375 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where do you find their tables? Thx,,

Pinball FX2 or FX3 on PC, PSX, XboxX, Switch, Phone, tablet, capsule, Roomba, etc.

fx3 (resized).jpgfx3 (resized).jpg

#376 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Pinball FX2 or FX3 on PC, PSX, XboxX, Switch, Phone, tablet, capsule, Roomba, etc.
    [quoted image]

Instructions unclear, Roomba is attacking me now

#377 3 years ago

I wouldn't think twice about buying it if it had a 32" screen. There is a lot of filler in there. I will sit back, wait for AtGames and see how that one looks and runs. I do like the went from 12 games to all the Zen Star Wars games.

#378 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lithonion:

I wouldn't think twice about buying it if it had a 32" screen. There is a lot of filler in there. I will sit back, wait for AtGames and see how that one looks and runs. I do like the went from 12 games to all the Zen Star Wars games.

I don't think they said that, though it seems like more games may be added down the road!

"We’re definitely going to have 10 tables at launch, with the aim to have a good variety between the animated shows and theatrical films.”

Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks Wesman for sharing that link and info.. iam waiting to see what AtGames virtual will look like. it might be alot better than Arcade1Up.

You're welcome! I feel the same way, and I didn't notice a firm price here...or launch date even. Did I miss something?

#379 3 years ago

I follow a youtuber at 'pdubs arcade loft'. He produces a variety of news updates for the 3/4-scale hobby.

My impression is; Zen Studios and Arcade1up are working to refine Zen's software for the 1up hardware. The 1up pin should be $599.00 with a release before Christmas. Perhaps (3) pins on release; Attack from Mars, Star Wars and Marvel. Nothing is a lock, who knows. I wish the wait was over.

#380 3 years ago

this is off topic. but was wondering if anyone heard of this dragonslair mini machine? would like order one. but not sure if its ever been released. heres a link about it.

https://newwavetoys.com/products/dragons-lair-x-replicade

#381 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

this is off topic. but was wondering if anyone heard of this dragonslair mini machine? would like order one. but not sure if its ever been released. heres a link about it.
    https://newwavetoys.com/products/dragons-lair-x-replicade

Yep it's being manufactured and first kickstarter runs are getting ready to be shipped. Not sure when they are going to be for sale as they've had holdups due to covid in China. Shouldnt be much longer now though.

#383 3 years ago

Sneak peak.

#384 3 years ago

They also have a mini photoboth if anyone is interested.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #385 3 years ago

Waiting for the AtGames version. Looks like no wifi on the 1up machines which is a deal killer with the Zen tables.

#386 3 years ago

I sold off all my Arcade1Up games. For me, I did not think they will hold up over time amd used the space for pinball machines. A friend of mine swears by his AtGames machine but waiting to see, too. I have played the Zen pinball machines and they are fun. They are not the same thing as real world pinball but in of themselves are a fun niche of the hobby. I would have to demo one of the AtGames or Arcade1Up myself before I would buy one for the house.

On an unrelated note, I have two of the Replicade Dragon's Lairs on order and they should be arriving first week of November. Looking forward to those.

Also have an Avengers:Infinity Quest on order and yes, it would have been cool if we could have had some of the modes that are in the Zen Pinball Avengers: Infinity War game but it is a different animal

#387 3 years ago

Thats Cool Pinball2020 your able to get the DL Replicade. I signed up a awhile back to get on the order list for 1 and have yet to receive any confirmation it. The AtGames Ultimate Legends machine is a nice setup. the control panel is what drew me in and also the extra usb ports to import more games over and hook up other controllers .. but i decided to hold off. iam convinced they will come out with another version later on. i would like to see a PC installed in it. so I can enjoy Dragons Lair and other games that require pc

#388 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thats Cool Pinball2020 your able to get the DL Replicade. I signed up a awhile back to get on the order list for 1 and have yet to receive any confirmation it. The AtGames Ultimate Legends machine is a nice setup. the control panel is what drew me in and also the extra usb ports to import more games over and hook up other controllers .. but i decided to hold off. iam convinced they will come out with another version later on. i would like to see a PC installed in it. so I can enjoy Dragons Lair and other games that require pc

Just get the iiRcade Dragons Lair.
    https://www.iircade.com/products/iircade-dragons-lair-edition

1 week later
    #389 3 years ago

AtGames Virtual pinball looks way better than
    Arcade1up.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Arcade1up.

Lipstick on a pig...not a fan of Gottlieb games. Bally/William's gameplay is far superior IMO.

#391 3 years ago

It says the game list is expandable. I wonder what that means.

#392 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Arcade1up.

Yes, sooo much better. I wish to give one for Christmas, but it looks like I'm providing a card with an out-of-stock receipt. They'll have a hard meeting demand even if the holidays were not on our heels.

Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Lipstick on a pig...not a fan of Gottlieb games. Bally/William's gameplay is far superior IMO.

The v-machine starts with Gottlieb, but they are working to integrate with Steam accounts. We should have access to other tables in our account, perhaps applications outside of Farsight too.

#393 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Arcade1up.

Dear God, I'd pay $50 more for a longer height cab!

Yeah, Gottlieb front and center isn't a good lead in.

They did say there will be WMS tables supported in the future, somehow. Really seems confusing.

Screenshot_20201021-153900_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-153900_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-154210_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-154210_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-154225_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201021-154225_YouTube (resized).jpg
    #394 3 years ago

At the end they talked about leaderboards and then steaming 38 additional TPA titles, etc at the 7:30 mark. Sounds like guaranteed lag with streamed pinball.

#395 3 years ago

maybe they will come out with another version like the Arcade. they should have looked at the Visual Pinball Community websites and checked out all the awesome pinballs games. but then again you need a PC in the cab to run those.

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Arcade1up.

That thing is straight up fugly.

#397 3 years ago

I’m really looking forward to trying these things out. The thing is zen makes some great virtual pinball so having that content is a big win for arcade 1up. Not that farsight is terrible, zen just really does a great job.

I don’t know how they are getting Williams tables as farsight lost that license

#398 3 years ago

AtGames teamed with Taito this year for future pins too. They intend to create v-pins themed on Taito Arcade games. I suspect the Williams Tables for AtGames is limited to previous owners under the lost Farsight License.

For Zen; I suspect AtGames will not close the door on users who add or hack Zen.

#399 3 years ago

This is getting ugly.

Screenshot_20201022-175602_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201022-175602_Twitter (resized).jpg
    #400 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

This is getting ugly.
    [quoted image]

Huh - interesting. If Zen pushes this, they could delay the AtGames release. I wonder how long this has been percolating?

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/8?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.