(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 25.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

The sounds and everything are perfect to the original...

You mean other than the replacement theme song , right?

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wade:

I didn’t realize anyone in the home gameroom hobby was actually buying those 1up games. I’ve seen several of them around for $150 new in the box.
    Wade

I’m actually replacing my original videos with these now. The Star Wars one plays great. Flight stick is as close to original as you can get. Asteroids with Tempest also plays good once you upgrade the buttons and spinner. Yeah some have weird or replaced sound but could care less. They are cheap and fun to play. Just about half my friends that have many real arcades and pins are buying them also. Of course there are a few that nick pick every little thing so won’t buy them.

#303 4 years ago

Shaking my head at atgames right now...

What a disappointment.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Shaking my head at atgames right now...
    What a disappointment.

What happened?

1 week later
    #305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wade:

I didn’t realize anyone in the home gameroom hobby was actually buying those 1up games. I’ve seen several of them around for $150 new in the box.
    Wade

I bought the star wars one, because the custom controller doesn't work for my mame machine. Plays and acts exactly like the original, that i'm unwilling to fork out 3k + for.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I bought the star wars one, because the custom controller doesn't work for my mame machine. Plays and acts exactly like the original, that i'm unwilling to fork out 3k + for.

Same here 3k plus for that one game is stupid ridiculous. This arcade 1up version plays just as good, has two extra games and looks identical in a slightly smaller package. No complaints.

Picked up a golden tee highly discounted and plays great, trackball is good and again no complaints.

#307 4 years ago

If they made one with Stern AC/DC Pinball or Guns N Roses on it. I would definitely buy one but till then I'll just play my Kick Ass Virtual pinball machine.

#309 4 years ago

In the new video, they restate it will be out 2020 Q4 for $500.

One machine will be Star Wars cab with 10 FX3 Star Wars tables.
    One machine will be Bally/Williams with 10 or 12 tables.
    A third cab will have 10 tables.

I didn't see any nudge buttons on the Arcade1up! Will it have any nudging? The 1up rep only said "there is haptic feedback so you can feel the knockers" and also "real pins are fragile".

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

In the new video, they restate it will be out 2020 Q4 for $500.
    One machine with be Star Wars cab with 10 FX3 Star Wars tables.
    One machine with be Bally/Williams with 10 or 12 tables.
    A third cab will have 10 tables.
    I didn't see any nudge buttons on the Arcade1up! Will it have any nudging? The 1up rep only said "there is haptic feedback so you can feel the knockers" and also "real pins are fragile".

Well, they have to say that to make his product look better.

So they'll dump on real pins, being heavy, requiring maintenance, and taking up a lot of space.

Funny, cos they want to sell you three of their vpins. And they don't want you to be able to load the same games on each one.

The truth about these. They'll never be as much fun as a real pin. They'll never have the wonky and insane ball spin a real pinball machine gets you.
    Sometimes you just know that the ball is dead from how it hits the wood sides by the sound it makes. That's what makes pinball so great. Its so unpredictable. But, vpins have a limit to their physics and they are much more predicable and easier to repeat certain shots.

I like playing vpins on my ps4. It can be great fun. But, I never get the rush from an amazing shot on a vpin, that I do in real life. In real life I cheer, I clap, I slam my fist into the air. Its a very visceral experience, and I just don't see a vpin capturing that fun.

Sure it'll be fun. But, neutered compared to a real pin. And the light shows...
    Will not be as impressive. There is a reason why people put LED strips on their vpins. Its to give them a better light show. Because the screens can't really capture it as well.

3 weeks later
    #311 4 years ago

Having recently purchased an Arcade1up Golden Tee from Costco for $350, it’s actually a lot of fun and the kids love it too. Impressed with the overall playability for such a Cheap price. I’ve been playing the Williams Pinball app on my iPad for a while and they did a fantastic job at Replicating the classic Bally/Williams tables. For $500 and 10-12 Bally/Williams games, Will most likely pull the trigger on this once it’s available. Of course, it’ll never be as satisfying as my real pin, but shit, for $500, why not? Now only if they would Add TZ, IJ, and STTNG...

#312 4 years ago

I can play those 3 tables already on my virtual pinball you are hoping for.

#313 4 years ago

When are we going to see this hit the market?

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

At this point, lucky by Christmas.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Posted above, their plan in Feb. was..

It will be out 2020 Q4 for $500

#316 4 years ago

My only complaint is the ball has tracers? The pinball games I play on playstation dont have that and makes the game play very fake,unlike Pinball Arcade.

#317 4 years ago

Tracers could probably be turned off. I’d image there are options

Quoted from Viggin900:

My only complaint is the ball has tracers? The pinball games I play on playstation dont have that and makes the game play very fake,unlike Pinball Arcade.

#318 4 years ago

Cant wait till it comes out.. I'll buy one and gut it out and Mod it to play 100's of vp tables .

1 month later
    #319 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Tracers could probably be turned off. I’d image there are options

I would hope you could turn off tracers. Otherwise I'll pass. That's the first thing I change in settings on my games.

3 weeks later
    #321 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

New announcement today....

Both articles indicate there is an accelerometer for nudging. That is one step forward.

"It features haptic feedback and an accelerometer that lets you nudge and tilt the machine. According to an interview Arcade1Up CEO Scott Bachrach gave with IGN, the table will retail for around $600."

#322 3 years ago

I'm a little confused. Is the Marvel pinball going to be their 1st pinball release now? What about Star Wars and Attack from Mars? Only one I am personally interested in buying is their Attack from Mars one. Would love to see what other William's games will be on that one.

#323 3 years ago

From what I read ATFM and SW are coming out as well. Not sure if they will have the same bells and whistles like the marvel one..

#324 3 years ago

I was going to get the RFM cab but after AtGames announced they are coming out with a Vpin I am going to wait to see what they bring to the table.
    For those that don't know here is a teaser they sent to some YouTubers to get the word out.

I have to say, I love all these companies coming out with Vpins. Three hats in the ring and they are all trying to outdo one another.
    I have room for one. As a immortal man once said, "There can only be one"

AtGames Pinball (resized).jpgAtGames Pinball (resized).jpg
    #325 3 years ago

Yes the Atgames one sounds pretty awesome. 32" screen as well for $599 is a great deal. Only thing that concerns me is Farsight no longer owns rights to William's machines. I already own the walmart virtual machine that has the 12 games on it, so I think many on there may be repeats.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

Yes the Atgames one sounds pretty awesome. 32" screen as well for $599 is a great deal. Only thing that concerns me is Farsight no longer owns rights to William's machines. I already own the walmart virtual machine that has the 12 games on it, so I think many on there may be repeats.

AtGames will allow you to load your own ROMS. They have that feature on their Legends arcade cabinet.

#327 3 years ago

Why not build your own virtual pinball and play
    All classic pinball games. Its freeware. There websites to download them. .does this at games have a screen for backglass?

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

All classic pinball games. Its freeware. There websites to download them. .does this at games have a screen for backglass?

I have thought about it but my Mame cab started out low budget and when I was done was over 3k. lol
    They have not releases an actual pin yet. So far everything is just pre production.

#329 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Been there, done that.

Have you build a virtual pin? It ain’t that easy, mine took months to build, and that’s just woodworking and electrical. the learning curve on the software wasn’t simple for me and took a lot of effort. I’d assume in the last decade the software has improved. But to anyone that says “just build one” I’d like to see your work. I have a blog documenting the struggles I went through if your like.

Why buy a car when you could build it yourself? My buddy built an 86 mustang from an empty shell, it can be done, but it’s not for most of the people out there. I know I wouldn’t want to do that.

#330 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Been there, done that.
    But to anyone that says “just build one” I’d like to see your work.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=158122.40

24" play field, 19" backglass, pin2dmd for the DMD. Sainsmart powering solenoids that trigger with pop bumpers, slingshots, and flippers.
    Sits on top of a "shelf" made of 2x4s with pinball legs bolted into the side.

Everything was easy for the most except the front end, I'm still not happy with PinballX but its better then pinup popper. Popper is fine, if you want to fill up your machine with mixed media but I prefer to keep it simple. I've been mucking around with arcade machines and mame for over 20 years so it wasn't too different from what Ive done a million times before. I'm still not sold on the dell sound bar on the top of the head, but it sounds pretty good and volume control is super convenient.

Ironically enough, I also used to build cars for a living

ginger (resized).jpgginger (resized).jpg
    #331 3 years ago

42” lcd. 32” backglass. 19” dmd screen. It’s doable, but a LOT harder then just picking one off a shelf.

1E4F44DA-DE3E-42A4-826E-4B7C62DFB8F4 (resized).jpeg1E4F44DA-DE3E-42A4-826E-4B7C62DFB8F4 (resized).jpeg

#332 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

I suck at building things

#333 3 years ago

I had my professionally built. I couldnt
    Build one myself hahah.

IMG_20150409_213039_313 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213039_313 (resized).jpg
    #334 3 years ago

I would be interested in the ATgames one if you can bring your own games. I enjoy playing the virtual games so that I am familiar with the rules and strategy of different games I’ll never own. I have a lot of the pinball arcade titles purchased through amazon on my kindle and all the Williams ones through the google play store for the Williams pinball app. Hopefully I would be able to use those without having to rebuy them for the virtual machine.

#335 3 years ago

Found this old screen cap I made from the ToyShock unboxing last November. That backbox looks like a shoebox, and the playfield is all bezel.

For $600 these V-Pins could manage better than a 24" playfield a year later.

unboxx (resized).jpgunboxx (resized).jpg

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Found this old screen cap I made from the ToyShock unboxing last November. That backbox looks like a shoebox, and the playfield is all bezel.
    For $600 these V-Pins could manage better than a 24" playfield a year later.
    [quoted image]

That game in your pic is $399.

#337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lithonion:

That game in your pic is $399.

I'm just hopeful that they can get beyond the 24" barrier and flipper lag with this falls offerings that have stated their price is $600.

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

I'm just hopeful that they can get beyond the 24" barrier and flipper lag with this falls offerings that have stated their price is $600.

The AtGames will be a 32" screen. I also don't like all the filler on Toyshock or the Arcade1up. Could easily put a larger screen in there. Toyshock did say they have fixed the flipper lag on their Gen 1 machines.

#339 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Because many of us have come to absolutely despise the tedium involved in configurating the emulation and "frontend" software and getting everything to play nice with each other. I have been down this road with a MAME (+consoles) cabinet; thoroughly enjoyed every part of the process right up to the part where I had to configure Hyperspin, whereupon I went through a temporary period of hating life and cursing my decision to ever build the damn thing in the first place! Now I am happy to have it and everyone loves playing on it, but I would have gladly payed $$$$ for a turn-key solution that "just works" and suspect I really didn't save much cash at all in the end (especially if the value of my time and mental stability are taken into consideration).

Speaking for me, I love building things, working with electronics, and even writing code for PIC/Arduino projects, but when I am required to start mucking around at a command-line for hours on end, my eyes begin twitch and I start to contemplate how much better off I might be if only I were able find satisfaction in "normal" leisure activities like watching TV or getting drunk at the lake.

Also, I don't think anything other than the emulation software is "freeware". As far as I know, the ROMs and other assets are still under copyright protection; of course there is almost no chance that a hobbyist would ultimately get into much trouble, but legally we COULD be nailed to the wall if someone with a bit of power to do something were to decide to make an example out of us. To me, the fact (however unlikely) that things actually could be spun in a direction that results in me facing a judge (especially if I were to sell the game for a profit) is unsettling and takes some of the shine out of the finished product.

1 month later
    #340 3 years ago

Has anyone seen any new info on arcade1up or AtGames 1up virtual pinball? I like AtGames
    Arcade machine they released. Very Cool. The the joystick control panel is what I been looking for with the roller ball and spinner for tempest and 8 buttons and even buttons for pinball.. they nailed it

#341 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Has anyone seen any new info on arcade1up or AtGames 1up virtual pinball? I like AtGames
    Arcade machine they released. Very Cool. The the joystick control panel is what I been looking for with the roller ball and spinner for tempest and 8 buttons and even buttons for pinball.. they nailed it

Nothing new from anyone it seems. I think we'll see something soon ish.

#342 3 years ago

I’m seeing several of the new video cans on pre order today. The new Ms PAC-MAN looks great!! And new cocktail version is just as nice. Anyway I would guess we should see something about the pinball soon.

#343 3 years ago

All the new arcade cabs are coming with WiFi enabled.... that is so awesome

#344 3 years ago

I like the AtGames multicade arcade machine
    Anyone know if they will be releasing more? Would like to buy one. Or even just the controler too.. both are sold out

#345 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Anyone know if they will be releasing more? Would like to buy one. Or even just the controler too.. both are sold out

I would think with them coming out with a pinball machine for the holidays they would also re-release the multicade.

#346 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

It's official. The new and improved model will be available very soon. Really want to see the bit pixel led marquee. It will change as you change games, how cool is that!!

3 weeks later
    #347 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lithonion:

It's official. The new and improved model will be available very soon. Really want to see the bit pixel led marquee. It will change as you change games, how cool is that!!

Popped up at Sams Club with the extra pinball controller add-on and bonus membership so I went ahead and ordered one. I will arrive two days after my birthday so that's pretty exciting. Looking forward to the gun games!

#348 3 years ago

thats cool! iam waiting for the bit pixel LCD Marquee. to be released. I was told it is much better than Led

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Popped up at Sams Club with the extra pinball controller add-on and bonus membership so I went ahead and ordered one. I will arrive two days after my birthday so that's pretty exciting. Looking forward to the gun games!

What kind of pinball can you put on it?

#350 3 years ago

Also, can you buy Street Fighter 2?

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/7?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.