(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Probably not, these won’t be shipping for ~6+ months.
    I spoke with toyshock about the pinball arcade ones and they are already making changes and updates for their next release and it will drop sooner than arcade1ups

Unless they offer an upgrade path for existing owners, they're not getting another dollar from me. I'll mod the crap out of it and never look back. Unfortunately, only one of the games is really playable; the others are too sluggish to be much fun. Though I have to admit, it did give me an appreciation for TX-Sector...

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

It was playable. Here a guy does a mini review after playing it.

Yup, that's the 'everything is great' guy who played for 1min and then gave a review in front of the two arcade1up reps. (imagine the pressure) How about during multiball? Need more than a 1min of testing before declaring no lag.

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from ignusfast:

Unless they offer an upgrade path for existing owners, they're not getting another dollar from me. I'll mod the crap out of it and never look back. Unfortunately, only one of the games is really playable; the others are too sluggish to be much fun. Though I have to admit, it did give me an appreciation for TX-Sector...

Wrong thread. This is the 1up thread. You are talking about the Toy Shock.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I converted an Asteroids into a 19-1 and my Pac-Man into a 60-1. I don’t have a lot of space for full size. Would rather have these and more pins. I am satisfied with them. No maintenance, simple and affordable to upgrade or repair. Affordable to purchase, etc.

Did you go with the Dell 20” monitor? I’m still looking for cheap cabs so haven’t done anything yet.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Apparently they yanked the GT/bowling cab after day one. Think the cart got out ahead of the horse on that one.

I think they pulled a few. Someone supposedly took a pic of bbh pro and that wasn’t on the floor either. I think I saw another pre show that wasn’t out

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from ignusfast:

Ya, they are already looking at a fix for flipper lag.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I think they pulled a few. Someone supposedly took a pic of bbh pro and that wasn’t on the floor either. I think I saw another pre show that wasn’t out

Wow...didn’t see the big buck hunter photo.

I have to say, they are onto something good in my opinion, I just wish they were ever so slightly larger. I’m not talking much.

Many of these old full size cabs just occupy such a big footprint and these definitely solve that issue.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Did you go with the Dell 20” monitor? I’m still looking for cheap cabs so haven’t done anything yet.

No, I kept the monitors. Everything else was changed. I kept the original Pac-Man cabinet artwork. Asteroids cabinet got new art.

8BE51752-5716-4A76-AE9F-28679C769ABE (resized).jpeg8BE51752-5716-4A76-AE9F-28679C769ABE (resized).jpeg
    #259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Wow...didn’t see the big buck hunter photo.
    I have to say, they are onto something good in my opinion, I just wish they were ever so slightly larger. I’m not talking much.
    Many of these old full size cabs just occupy such a big footprint and these definitely solve that issue.

Don’t forget the weight! It is nice to be able to pickup and move a single cabinet by yourself. Especially if you have to move it up/down stairs.

It would really be something if someone could figure out how to make a full size cabinet that is the same weight as a A1UP and breaks down for moving.

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Don’t forget the weight! It is nice to be able to pickup and move a single cabinet by yourself. Especially if you have to move it up/down stairs.
    It would really be something if someone could figure out how to make a full size cabinet that is the same weight as a A1UP and breaks down for moving.

I really see no reason why these machines from arcade 1up can’t be made 12” taller whether it’s in the riser or cab maybe even split between the two and have it 6” wider to accommodate a 19-20” screen. Maybe adds 25-30lbs max.

I would happily pay a little more for this scale.

#261 4 years ago

So there's a GT 1up cab? Does it have silver strike bowling included? Would probably be a buy for me if it did.
    Would be cool to hack/mod it for other trackball ganes like Warlords, Centipede, arkanoid, etc...

Don't care for the scale of the 1up cabs. Feels like they are made for kids and not for adults.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So there's a GT 1up cab? Does it have silver strike bowling included? Would probably be a buy for me if it did.
    Would be cool to hack/mod it for other trackball ganes like Warlords, Centipede, arkanoid, etc...
    Don't care for the scale of the 1up cabs. Feels like they are made for kids and not for adults.

Yes, GT is currently available at Walmart for $399. It does not include the bowling game. That is potentially a new game coming later.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Golden-Tee-Arcade-Machine-with-Riser-4ft-Arcade1UP/346899113

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Warlords and Arkanoid are not trackball games and play pretty poorly if you try with one.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I really see no reason why these machines from arcade 1up can’t be made 12” taller whether it’s in the riser or cab maybe even split between the two and have it 6” wider to accommodate a 19-20” screen. Maybe adds 25-30lbs max.
    I would happily pay a little more for this scale.

Larger boxes plus 25-30lbs per box times thousands of these they are shipping around the country adds up really fast. Walmart also needs to have space to stock these things. I am sure the box size and weight is a huge part of this business model.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

Warlords and Arkanoid are not trackball games and play pretty poorly if you try with one.

Yeah I guess they're spinner/paddle games. Trackball would suck seeing as they go all directions instead of left and right only

#266 4 years ago

Got to say this thing is f’ing awesome and looks great!

Yoke feels solid and accurate!

A9C80C30-7AB0-44A7-A548-D2640DBE6F65 (resized).jpegA9C80C30-7AB0-44A7-A548-D2640DBE6F65 (resized).jpegE4A4AAB5-8A70-4CDA-96E0-99F528ED06D5 (resized).jpegE4A4AAB5-8A70-4CDA-96E0-99F528ED06D5 (resized).jpeg
    #267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Frogger. the music is not the original. I don't mind so much the changing of the TMNT opening music. Because it doesn't impact gameplay. Just the one video at the opening. So not a big deal... But, the frogger music not being correct. That's a big deal. Only iconic music for that game, and is a big part of the game.

I believe this is a copyright issue. Apparently when Konami originally made Frogger they used existing music from anime shows without permission, so now all newer re-releases of the game have the unauthorized music removed or replaced. I noticed the missing/changed music too on my son’s handheld arcade classics Frogger and the version of Frogger on the Atari Flashback I have.

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Yoke feels solid and accurate![quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I only have dedicated arcade games but this looks tempting when the real thing is fetching $3k plus now.

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Quoted from manadams:

Yeah I only have dedicated arcade games but this looks tempting when the real thing is fetching $3k plus now.

I played with the yoke at ces and yeah I agree it feels better than what you’d expect. If I found one on sale I’d be in!

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I played with the yoke at ces and yeah I agree it feels better than what you’d expect. If I found one on sale I’d be in!

$399 @ Walmart is the cheapest I’ve seen it. Might be picking up a Golden Tee today for $199 which is a smoking deal.

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I haven’t seen the real thing lower than $3500 lately and usually aren’t in the best condition. As much as I love Star Wars and this particular game, just not worth it in my opinion.

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

$399 @ Walmart is the cheapest I’ve seen it. Might be picking up a Golden Tee today for $199 which is a smoking deal.

these people online living in rural areas down south seem to find tmnt and SW for like $150! maybe 199 but that is nuts.

#273 4 years ago

Guy around here was finding Space Invaders for $75... I bought an Asteroids / Lunar Lander for $100 already put together... but I have a dozen full size games also... and 6 pins...

#274 4 years ago

You guys are lucky. 1ups are just now entering the Canadian market and are $399.99 cdn. Can be found a little cheaper but way too much for what it is.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

this is the one I have as well. Does feel and play great. Use a bar stool to sit and play, and it doesn't feel as small. I just look at it as a cabaret cabinet.

#276 4 years ago

My $199 bargain of the day!

Plays great!

98653DC0-2145-4962-9436-BE14FE895F77 (resized).jpeg98653DC0-2145-4962-9436-BE14FE895F77 (resized).jpeg
    #277 4 years ago

Our Walmart had around 10 TMNT Arcade1up machines at $349 last week and now none. They were in the same spot since before Thanksgiving. There’s no way my small town sold them all in that time period. I’m thinking they got shipped back. I was hoping and wishing they would get marked down to that $199 price point, but they never did.

#278 4 years ago

Call Marshall’s and TJ Maxx if you have them, that’s where I found the golden tee.

#279 4 years ago

U guys make me sick with the prices you get these for try looking at double maybe triple over hear with zero deals in sight guess no one is really importing them over plus only a few titles available.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

these people online living in rural areas down south seem to find tmnt and SW for like $150! maybe 199 but that is nuts.

Picked my TMNT up for $199 in PA. The one and only time brickseek actually worked for me, I couldn’t believe it.

1 week later
    #281 4 years ago

I thought arcade 1ups Golden Tee was pretty awesome so I had to buy Star Wars too! Should be delivered next week from Amazon. I think I’m going to enjoy that even more because I remember playing that back in the day a lot more than Golden Tee.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought arcade 1ups Golden Tee was pretty awesome so I had to buy Star Wars too! Should be delivered next week from Amazon. I think I’m going to enjoy that even more because I remember playing that back in the day a lot more than Golden Tee.

Star Wars is pretty awesome and I happen to like a 3 games.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My Star Wars cab is played more then anything else in my house. I have had it a few months now and it hasn't got old yet.

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I agree.
    I've owned orginal a decade ago and this is a great substitute!

I also own many newer Pinballs so it was a good addition to gameroom and didn't take to much valuable space.

#285 4 years ago

My Golden Tee won’t turn on and load. Turn power on and the marquee lights up but the screen is black and doesn’t load game. Anybody else had an issue like this? I’ll contact Arcade1up and see what they say but this thing is only 3 weeks old. Hope the reliability of these games are better than this. Warranty is only for 90 days.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My Golden Tee won’t turn on and load. Turn power on and the marquee lights up but the screen is black and doesn’t load game. Anybody else had an issue like this? I’ll contact Arcade1up and see what they say but this thing is only 3 weeks old. Hope the reliability of these games are better than this. Warranty is only for 90 days.

look in the back and make sure one of your connectors didn't fall out or working it's way out

#288 4 years ago

Arcade1up sent me a new PCB board and ribbon cable to replace. Working now but I hope these things hold up.

#290 4 years ago

If it had legs, haptics, I'd think about it. But at this point it's just a big Android tablet. Pass.

#291 4 years ago

ATgames is gonna announce their entry into the market by the end of the month. If it’s on par with what they’ve delivered in the Legends Ultimate cab it’s gonna be amazing. I’m hoping for a three monitor setup, sub 999 price point.

1 week later
    #292 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

ATgames is gonna announce their entry into the market by the end of the month. If it’s on par with what they’ve delivered in the Legends Ultimate cab it’s gonna be amazing. I’m hoping for a three monitor setup, sub 999 price point.

I hated their cab... But, I might be interested in their vpin. Toyshock just seems a bit clueless if you ask me.

And Arcade1up is just too concerned to nickel and dime their fanbase. They don't care about loadable tables. They want you to buy multiple. Atgames I think might be loadable... but, here is the real kicker...

What games can they have.
    Gottlieb is tied up with toyshock, and a1up has the bally/williams games... So does that mean atgames has the zacharia games... Cos I know they have a few digital or virtual tables.

If its just custom vpins... That's a hard pass. I only really am interested in real pins. So I can learn strats and experience the wizard modes and that kind of stuff.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

So does that mean atgames has the zacharia games... Cos I know they have a few digital or virtual tables.

Zaccaria was the 3rd largest manufacturer back in the day. Their app has 100s of tables, real and fantasy.

Atgames was discussed on page2. Nothing official on what they will offer.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/2#post-5393898

#294 4 years ago

Atgames Legends Ultimate cab supports steam. If the same holds true for the vpin you’ll be able to play both farsight and zen, what’s in question is how well it will work regarding lag, haptic/gyro support and number of screens.

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Zaccaria was the 3rd largest manufacturer back in the day. Their app has 100s of tables, real and fantasy.
    Atgames was discussed on page2. Nothing official on what they will offer.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/2#post-5393898

I'm not knocking Zaccaria... Besides their horrible sound effects, they had pretty cool artwork, and some decent looking games.
    I never played any in real life. Just virtually.

All I was getting at is. To most people Gottlieb is a b level license for pinball. When they were the number 1 for many years... I could be wrong, but I believe they were... They just had a bit of bad luck in the 80s with some titles under-performing that they thought would be a hit.

Q bert, Rocky... Sure there were others. And they also just didn't have the right resources in place to embrace the dmd tech when it came along... And I just feel their themes for the most part were just boring compared to the themes that Bally/Williams were putting out. Not saying that they didn't have good games.
    Yes. They did, and they had some good themes. I think Freddy was a Gottlieb. And while I don't like the game too much. I love the theme and artwork. And I can forgive the gameplay on a virtual machine more than one taking up space in my home.

So if most people view gottlieb as being a b level pinball company.... Then I think most would view zaccaria as c-list. As the lay person probably wouldn't have heard of any of their games. While the lay person might have heard of some gottliebs...

Again... I like all pinball. It be really cool to me. If Atgames also somehow found a way to get gottlieb or Bally games... Doubtful with the bally stuff... But, maybe with the pinball arcade. But, I really was hoping the pinball arcade and toyshock arrangement would breath life into that company... And nope. Seems like they're dead... don't get that. There are a lot of awesome games, they could make tables for.

So... Interested in what atgames will bring to the table.

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Atgames Legends Ultimate cab supports steam. If the same holds true for the vpin you’ll be able to play both farsight and zen, what’s in question is how well it will work regarding lag, haptic/gyro support and number of screens.

And while that is appealing. THe one thing that would make me reticenct about that still is how well does it fit the aspect ratio of the cab.

By that I mean, will the game be cropped... Will the playfield fit perfectly in the monitor(yes I know some games might get stretched or squished). Or will there be just sides of the virtual machine showing.
    To me a vpin is all about aesthetics. Does it pull off the ohhh that's a real table in front of feeling. Or will I just think... Meh... Might as well play it on my ps4.

And if the system is not configured or the software configured for the vpin console, then I might not like the interface of it... But, this is just speculation, and as I said before. I'm intrigued by their announcement.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

To me a vpin is all about aesthetics.

If aesthetics are important, VPcabs will take your $7K. Anyway, there is always real pinball to keep us busy until we know more.

#298 4 years ago

I didn’t realize anyone in the home gameroom hobby was actually buying those 1up games. I’ve seen several of them around for $150 new in the box.

Wade

#299 4 years ago

I bought the turtles arcade for my kids for Xmas... figured it’d be cool being all four of us could play. (Was one of my favs growing up so easy sell haha) anyhow, very impressed with it. It plays spot on. The sounds and everything are perfect to the original... anyhow, with golden axe in the horizon ( another of my all time favs) I’m freakin sold on it! I thought these 3/4 arcades were kinda dumb at first, but they are pretty great.yea shire I’d have had the originals in my basement but they won’t fit!

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

If aesthetics are important, VPcabs will take your $7K. Anyway, there is always real pinball to keep us busy until we know more.

They're not that important. I'm about 1,500 is my limit on a vpin. And that's only if it can have lots and lots of games on it, and they play good. And that's also because they'll go upstairs where I can't put a pinball machine. So it won't take the space that a real pinball machine can go into.

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/6?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.