(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

The real question is...
    Can I mount a $750 Stern Star Wars Topper on this?

Yes, you could. But it would just sit there and not do anything. So you need to create an interface board that will make it interactive. Let us know how that works out.

#202 4 years ago

How are the playfields holding up? any Dimples yet?

#203 4 years ago

I couldn't view the video linked earlier so apologies if this is the same one, but this had some footage of the AFM. The aspect ratio of the DMD display seems odd.

#204 4 years ago

The counter-cade looks interesting.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trifle:

I couldn't view the video linked earlier so apologies if this is the same one, but this had some footage of the AFM. The aspect ratio of the DMD display seems odd.

It looks real nice compared to that Haunted House vpin.

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trifle:

Give it like 2 weeks after these are released and there will be like 20 mod videos on how to change that lol

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

It looks real nice compared to that Haunted House vpin.

Looks 100 times better. every thing is the correct shape, has proper screen that actually fits, side rails, backbox that over hangs, dmd etc... Literally a no brainier which one of these people should buy. I hated the bezel on the other one and now I REALLY hate it lol

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

backbox that over hangs, dmd etc

I think your looking at the photos of the "pinball club" coin-op Vpin posted above, not the arcade1up model. The arcade1up looks nicer than the Toy Shock, but the DMD is the wrong shape and the backbox is the same width as the cab.

#209 4 years ago

I just finished building an AFM full sized virtual cabinet. I am kicking myself for not waiting for the Arcade1up version with it’s chintzy roof flashing metal side rails, a real coin door sticker, and all the industry standard appointments et al... I could have saved myself thousands...

0865F384-FE37-4B8F-841B-0FE16200FEDC (resized).jpeg0865F384-FE37-4B8F-841B-0FE16200FEDC (resized).jpeg
    #210 4 years ago

Option for green legs?

Screenshot_20200108-174905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200108-174905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

The real question is...
    Can I mount a $750 Stern Star Wars Topper on this?

loooooolllll

This entire machine will be less expensive than the Star Wars topper.

We are in a PROFOUNDLY stupid hobby.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

Option for green legs? [quoted image]

Typical A1U...packaging does not yet match the show model. Or is it that the models legs do not yet match the packaging?

Could also be they might have two models for different pricing. Premium vs Limited Edition kind of like their custom risers that come with some arcades vs the standard riser.

Time will tell

#213 4 years ago

Standard will be $550 retail... a couple other models including star wars will be $650.

#214 4 years ago

Besides the guy in the Youtube video who claimed there is no flipper lag, has anyone visited the 1up booth at CES and flipped these? Reviews please!

#215 4 years ago

Correct. No lag.
    Best in a dim room rather than the brightness of CES.

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

Option for green legs? [quoted image]

That is the LE for 999.00.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

loooooolllll
    This entire machine will be less expensive than the Star Wars topper.
    We are in a PROFOUNDLY stupid hobby.

I don't think you caught it but I was being sarcastic...

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from No_Pickles:

That is ridiculous. You are saying that the ONLY reason you won’t support them is because they’re careful not to jeopardize their ESRB rating, and risk getting their software pulled from kid-friendly consoles? But otherwise you were 100% on board....
    Don’t get me wrong, there’s lots of things in this world worth standing up for or against on principle but that’s a strange one to feel so strongly about

Yep. I don't spend money on stupid shit I don't want to buy. And I don't want to buy censored games!

What a novel concept....being a responsible consumer by putting your money where your mouth is. I know, this doesn't really ring home for most people on Pinside....

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Again, I know its a different governing(not in the fed or state government but in the industry as these are self imposed bodies) body. But the south park creators discussed the sex scene in team america and how they loaded it up with some of the most disgusting things they could think of and made it many, many times longer than they desired it to be. that way they would trim it, and resubmit it to the ratings board, so that way the board would think they got their way and their trims.
    Other stories are of directors, just resubmitting and never making a single cut, and getting their desired rating.
    Rating boards are silly and dumb, and completely across the board with how they conduct their ratings.
    I don't know about video games. But, if people are involved then yes I believe that they are just as flawed as any other board.
    You want to know the best rating board.
    Yourself. Read the book, play the game, watch the movie, tv show, listen to the song before you let your child. You decide. Because, I stand with Frank Zappa, John Denver, and Dee Snider. Its silly and dumb.
    And FYI... Frank Zappa's last album got a parental advisory sticker slapped on out of malice. They rated that album, because they could not rate his back catalog. Guess what. His last album, was instrumental. So... How did that require or deserve a parental advisory sticker.
    Hmmmm... Yep... Ratings boards... Not needed... And more often BS!

Hey, you talking to me? I'm still around....

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zappa:

Hey, you talking to me? I'm still around....

LOL!!!

If you were... I'd tell you to tell your family to stop the freaking fighting. Let dweezel do his thing. Let frank and the others do their thing.

Dweezel is amazing... But, I wish he had more creative output in his career. But, when your father is the legend... Its a bit tough.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

I don't think you caught it but I was being sarcastic...

It’s all good, I got it.

Your post just reminded me that the overpriced topper is more expensive than an entire machine preloaded with several games.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

LOL!!!
    If you were... I'd tell you to tell your family to stop the freaking fighting. Let dweezel do his thing. Let frank and the others do their thing.
    Dweezel is amazing... But, I wish he had more creative output in his career. But, when your father is the legend... Its a bit tough.

I got to meet Dweezil about a year and a half ago after a concert, very nice guy.

#223 4 years ago

I played altered beast and the lag or poor button response was sooooo freaking bad :/ I played a ton on genesis and I swear it was more Responsive than what I played

#224 4 years ago

Jumping in on the conversation so it's in my topics list.

Pending price, I'd consider getting this. Less than $500 would be where I'd be interested. $500 or more, I think I'd rather consider looking for a fixer-upper machine. While the footprint is smaller, I'm sure the width isn't all that much different, and would take up around the same spot I'd put this or a real machine.

I did see a video where someone plugged in their Switch into the other virtual pinball machine (forget what that one is and too lazy to google right now), so they had the full set of Zen tables in vertical mode. So I'd think even if this is shipped with a set number of tables, shouldn't be too hard to convert.

#225 4 years ago

I watched the CNET interview with the VP and based on what he said these games are not getting released soon. Both are probably at least 6-8 months out, with Star Wars being a holiday release.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I watched the CNET interview with the VP and based on what he said these games are not getting released soon. Both are probably at least 6-8 months out, with Star Wars being a holiday release.

That would makes sense. They weren’t even playable at the show floor

#227 4 years ago

Yeah the size will definitely be a factor. At least with the arcade1up cabs I could squeeze two into the closet for my computer room and still play them. The form factor of the pin, even if it is 3/4 size, is still almost what another pin would use. A vertical virtual pin like I’ve seen at conventions would be a compromise, but I’d still want to load it up with tables versus buying several. This might end up being neato but a pass.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

I think your looking at the photos of the "pinball club" coin-op Vpin posted above, not the arcade1up model. The arcade1up looks nicer than the Toy Shock, but the DMD is the wrong shape and the backbox is the same width as the cab.

In this part of the video the back box over hangs the cabinet like a real machine, is this not there final product?

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
    #229 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

In this part of the video the back box over hangs the cabinet like a real machine, is this not there final product?[quoted image]

Oh I see its a different vendor, that's a shame this one looks really good!

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

In this part of the video the back box over hangs the cabinet like a real machine, is this not there final product?[quoted image]

Not final.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Probably not, these won’t be shipping for ~6+ months.

I spoke with toyshock about the pinball arcade ones and they are already making changes and updates for their next release and it will drop sooner than arcade1ups

#232 4 years ago

I will be curious to see if in the future they take advantage of the wifi functionality of the pin cabinets. I've never played a Virtual Pin machine, but love the concept.

Say what you want about Arcade1UP....but I for one am a fan. Each cabinet generation has been an consumer driven upgrade from the previous while the initial retail prices have not sky rocketed. I can't tell you how much fun my friends and I had over the holidays cramming around the 4 player TMNT machine I picked up. Yep it was tight and a bit awkward but no one cared and the design was very true to the original cabinet at a fraction of the price. For the money and most importantly (the space) I saved while still being able to play one of my favorite arcades as a kid I hope they stay around. If they keep finding creative ways to bring new life to old classics...ie NBA JAM cabinet will have online play, I could see them staying around awhile.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stal8080:

I will be curious to see if in the future they take advantage of the wifi functionality of the pin cabinets. I've never played a Virtual Pin machine, but love the concept.
    Say what you want about Arcade1UP....but I for one am a fan. Each cabinet generation has been an consumer driven upgrade from the previous while the initial retail prices have not sky rocketed. I can't tell you how much fun my friends and I had over the holidays cramming around the 4 player TMNT machine I picked up. Yep it was tight and a bit awkward but no one cared and the design was very true to the original cabinet at a fraction of the price. For the money and most importantly (the space) I saved while still being able to play one of my favorite arcades as a kid I hope they stay around. If they keep finding creative ways to bring new life to old classics...ie NBA JAM cabinet will have online play, I could see them staying around awhile.

I’ve been thinking about picking up the golden tee, looks good and seems to play well. I would buy a regular golden tee much better value but don’t think it will make my 180 degree turn on basement steps and don’t believe it comes apart. Arcade 1up solves this problem.

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been thinking about picking up the golden tee, looks good and seems to play well. I would buy a regular golden tee much better value but don’t think it will make my 180 degree turn on basement steps and don’t believe it comes apart. Arcade 1up solves this problem.

The modern generation of golden tee are pedestals with hdmi out. But they are expensive.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Having owned a few original Golden Tee games. You're not getting one down those steps. No doubt about it.

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Having owned a few original Golden Tee games. You're not getting one down those steps. No doubt about it.

Yeah...they are a bear!

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

The modern generation of golden tee are pedestals with hdmi out. But they are expensive.

Prefer the classics, the new ones seem over the top cheesy even though the graphics are better.late 90’s - 05 were the best ones in my mind.

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Prefer the classics, the new ones seem over the top cheesy even though the graphics are better.late 90’s - 05 were the best ones in my mind.

Grab a 05 gt complete. Can get them pretty cheap. Gut it, build a pedestal, get a vga/HDMI converter, hang a flat screen and your good to go. You can take the empty golden tee cab and convert it into a multicade and sell it off. I think you can cut the cab apart to build a pedestal but easier to just build your own.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Grab a 05 gt complete. Can get them pretty cheap. Gut it, build a pedestal, get a vga/HDMI converter, hang a flat screen and your good to go. You can take the empty golden tee cab and convert it into a multicade and sell it off. I think you can cut the cab apart to build a pedestal but easier to just build your own.

You got plans on this pedestal? Already have a setup but no pedestal.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

A recent video at ces shows that they have a new golden tee coming out that also has bowling.

#241 4 years ago
    20200114_180713 (resized).jpg20200114_180713 (resized).jpg
    #242 4 years ago

I actually have the arcade1up golden tee. And while its not as good as a newer or current GT cab, its a really well made cab. Great trackball, really good emulation. So I think for the price and the amount of games you get on it, its worth it.
    And I consider it a legit golden tee.

Again... Its not the newer ones. I hope to own a modern one one day too. But, that might be for my next home. Or maybe if my dream of owning a small bar comes true. Love to own just a small hole in the wall bar. Put a golden tee in it, a streetfighter II champ, and a X-men vs Streetfighter, a few more arcade games a light gun game or two, and a killer queen. And of course about 10-15 pins... Not going to be a huge, huge place. So 10-15 pins would be all I would buy... But, I would try to rotate some in and out, so they wouldn't get stale.

Back to a1up... I think there whole reveal was mostly... YAWN... Can't play the pins... They must probably suck... I mean... Put one table and let people demo it. What are you afraid of... The answer. A whole lot.

NBA jam... Cool... Cool... But, umm... Rosters won't be 100%... Okay... Weird... A bit dumb. Okay...
    Frogger. the music is not the original. I don't mind so much the changing of the TMNT opening music. Because it doesn't impact gameplay. Just the one video at the opening. So not a big deal... But, the frogger music not being correct. That's a big deal. Only iconic music for that game, and is a big part of the game.

If you're going to do retro. You have to do it right. And you know. I own 10 a1up cabs. But, they keep blundering, and blundering. And they have plenty of excuses...
    But, I rather a company do it right and not make excuses. Or just pick a game you can get the rights to. There is not a shortage of them. I know some people might not like this. But, I think CGC does the remakes right. They're not rushing. They take their time. They are not perfect, but they care and they do their best. A1up. I'm really starting to think they just want your money.

Nothing wrong with making money. But, I don't think they want a quality product. They just want quick dollars. They also view their producs as disposable. 300-550 dollars... That's an playstaion, xbox or switch people. It takes up more space than either of those consoles, and plays less games and not as well.
    Not bashing on A1up... Even though their VP insulted me personally. I'm just saying. Underwhelmed by their news and state of games.

With that being said... Might get the pinball if you can download and expand games. And will probably get the sega cab. As I love Golden Axe and really look foraward to death Adder, and I do like altered beast. Not the best beat em ups, but they're fun. And I love beat em ups.

#243 4 years ago

Apparently they yanked the GT/bowling cab after day one. Think the cart got out ahead of the horse on that one.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Nothing wrong with making money. But, I don't think they want a quality product. They just want quick dollars. They also view their producs as disposable. 300-550 dollars... That's an playstaion, xbox or switch people. It takes up more space than either of those consoles, and plays less games and not as well.

Yeah, that's kinda how I see this stuff too. Nostalgia mining, pushing out cheapy junk, while the license covers the awkwardness of the design approach. These won't hold value, and might seem as disposable as beanie babies and furbies in a decade.

I bought the asteroids unit on clearance at Walmart last Fall, wanting to mod it, and I still can't garner the initiative to put more time and money into it. Seeing these next to actual cabs, just seems silly.

I kinda figured we'd see a half year of production of these things at most, but a year later, they're seemingly redesigning earlier model units with lit translites and such. Kinda disturbing. If these were actual "collectible" items and not disposable mass produced items, I'd be a bit more excited.

The pins look like a really nice functional idea, but at that size, other than for kids....

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If these were actual "collectible" items and not disposable mass produced items, I'd be a bit more excited.

The pins look like a really nice functional idea, but at that size, other than for kids....

That's the problem most people can't get over. They ARE mass produced disposable items. Will they lose value? If you're paying full price then, sure they are. They are not meant for those of use that collect real arcades and pins. But on the other hand. I am using these to convert my 19 in 1 and 60 in 1 from real cabs to these cabs. Need more room for pinball machines.

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, that's kinda how I see this stuff too. Nostalgia mining, pushing out cheapy junk, while the license covers the awkwardness of the design approach. These won't hold value, and might seem as disposable as beanie babies and furbies in a decade.
    I bought the asteroids unit on clearance at Walmart last Fall, wanting to mod it, and I still can't garner the initiative to put more time and money into it. Seeing these next to actual cabs, just seems silly.
    I kinda figured we'd see a half year of production of these things at most, but a year later, they're seemingly redesigning earlier model units with lit translites and such. Kinda disturbing. If these were actual "collectible" items and not disposable mass produced items, I'd be a bit more excited.

I bought most of mine at full price... I'm not the person who will go looking and traveling for deals. That's fine...
    Do these retain value... Sure... But, about the same as a new car. You set it up and its worth about 30% of what you paid for it. No doubt... A few years go by, and it'll be worth less... But, I think if you maintain. And keep it working, looking nice. You should always be able to get 50 bucks for it. Maybe more and if you're not in a hurry to sell it possibly 100 dollars.
    And I think that is fair price for these. I didn't buy mine to be collectable to resell. I bought to look at. I like looking at them. Bought to play. And have fun with when I host people at my house.

These are fun.
    I modded my 12 in 1 with both the spinner and track ball. Its a fun, fun, fun machine.
    I really enjoy the golden tee.
    The final fight is really well done. Love playing ghosts n goblins. Took me 3 days to beat the first level. Then I got to level 4... All the way to the boss. I want to beat the game, but so far away from doing so right now.
    Pacman is a great classic and it emulate well... Just a bummer its only 2 games on that cab.

So I don't want people to think I'm dumping on A1ups... There is a lot I like more about them, than a real cab.
    Real cabs are heavy, hard to move. Consume so much more power, and put off so much more heat. Have burn in, most are really battered... And... Take up a hell of a lot of space. So much more than an a1up does.

I ddo think a1ups are the best compromise in terms of feel, look, and price you can get... but, they also can get lazy and I don't like that. Do it right, or don't do it. But, then they claim we don't know business, or the hobby. That we should accept what they offer, because of REASONS... No thank you. No thank you. Do it right, or don't do it.

Cos with the pi 4... only a matter of time till retropie gets updated to run with it, and when that does... Super amazing emulation, super easy, and super cheap. Pi 3's mostly amazing, but still some slow down. Pi4 should fix that... And yeah... I know about computers... And I have a emulation machine. But, I love the portability of a pi.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That's the problem most people can't get over. They ARE mass produced disposable items. Will they lose value? If you're paying full price then, sure they are. They are not meant for those of use that collect real arcades and pins. But on the other hand. I am using these to convert my 19 in 1 and 60 in 1 from real cabs to these cabs. Need more room for pinball machines.

I converted an Asteroids into a 19-1 and my Pac-Man into a 60-1. I don’t have a lot of space for full size. Would rather have these and more pins. I am satisfied with them. No maintenance, simple and affordable to upgrade or repair. Affordable to purchase, etc.

#248 4 years ago

I have a modded a1up with RetroPi. My kids absolutely love it.

There is one YouTube video with Casy playing pinball. He said it had no lag. So people did play it at CES.

6D2A50B7-A3D1-4456-8BB9-76DBD2ED681D (resized).jpeg6D2A50B7-A3D1-4456-8BB9-76DBD2ED681D (resized).jpeg
    #249 4 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So people did play it at CES.

It was up on a rotating podium, so I think that was just for the video. The guy repeating 'everything is great' didn't even ask why the DMD was square.

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

It was up on a rotating podium, so I think that was just for the video. The guy repeating 'everything is great' didn't even ask why the DMD was square.

It was playable. Here a guy does a mini review after playing it. Starts at 3:45

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/5?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.