(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 25.
    #1101 2 years ago
    Quoted from MysteryEncoder:

PCB overheated, common problem with the first generation of them. Contact arcade1up they'll give you some fuss about being out of warranty and still send you a replacement PCB. I highly recommend keeping the PCB out of the metal case as that thing just adds to the problem at the moment the way it was designed.
    https://arcade1up.freshdesk.com/support/login

Thanks will do. I thought I left the back panel off, to mitigate heat. Apparently I didn't .

#1102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks will do. I thought I left the back panel off, to mitigate heat. Apparently I didn't .

Leaving the back panel off may help some, adding some fans to circulate the air well also help, but the biggest issue is the aluminum case that encloses the PCB. When A1up sends the replacement PCB, absolutely do not put it back in that original aluminum case.

They were pretty quick about sending replacements IIRC. Couldn't hurt to ask, cheers and good luck!

#1103 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Leaving the back panel off may help some, adding some fans to circulate the air well also help, but the biggest issue is the aluminum case that encloses the PCB. When A1up sends the replacement PCB, absolutely do not put it back in that original aluminum case.
    They were pretty quick about sending replacements IIRC. Couldn't hurt to ask, cheers and good luck!

Ultimately if I have to pay for one, I will, I want it back up and running then I just need to reload everything. Aluminum case off for sure. Thanks for your input I was pretty irritated when a friend of mine played it and I've been bragging about how cool it was and it literally died in the middle of him playing.

#1104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ultimately if I have to pay for one, I will, I want it back up and running then I just need to reload everything. Aluminum case off for sure. Thanks for your input I was pretty irritated when a friend of mine played it and I've been bragging about how cool it was and it literally died in the middle of him playing.

They won't make you pay for it, it's a manufacturing fault in the original PCBs and they just won't admit to it.

#1105 2 years ago

They won't make you pay for it, it's a manufacturing fault in the original PCBs and they just won't admit to it.

Been a big concern of mine. I had gotten one of these in the beginning and nervous to lose it down the road when they’re no longer being produced. Definitely going to take the advice here and pull it from the case.

#1106 2 years ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

Been a big concern of mine. I had gotten one of these in the beginning and nervous to lose it down the road when they’re no longer being produced. Definitely going to take the advice here and pull it from the case.

There's good and bad news if we ever hit that point, starting with the good... we could technically replace the PCB entirely since we know how the software works and could do it relatively cheaply with an after market board that runs like $30-80 USD so still cheaper than a PC and we'd lose no functionality, in fact probably gaining the ability to run the AFM/Williams tables at 1080p with a decent frame rate.

The bad is ofc having to buy a new board, and the worse is that no Linux kernel currently supports the method I would want to use to drive the dual-display; basically, I'm saying if we ever got to a point they were no longer producing hardware and we needed an "Open-Source" alternative it's doable and should be relatively possible to make it a drop-in replacement as well.

The main limiting factor with doing this currently has mostly been not wanting to deal with LVDS output, a board that allows attaching to the other stock cables is relatively simple outside of needing a different external power source unless the current one was converted as well; it's something I've been thinking a lot about.

Any drop-in replacement like that I'd want to open-source the hardware schematic for as well (It'd probably be a "hat" that snaps onto an existing board to allow for plug and play) so that someone could just go to a manufacturer and produce it without someone supporting it.

#1107 2 years ago

That answer is much better than hearing I’ll be SOL, so here’s to keeping these cabs alive down the road! (…where’s the beer emoji?)

#1108 2 years ago

Hi, new member here. Just got my Arcade1up Marvel Pinball machine and I want to add Zen Boards to it. Does anyone you have a link to download all the Zen Pinball tables? much appreciated!

#1109 2 years ago

I'm super late to the party here, but wanted to update my AFM Cabinet with the Star Wars, Marvel and (updated) Williams tables.

Of course.....those APK files with the updates are pretty much AWOL at this point. Anyone here able to provide me with the updated APKs? I'd very much appreciate it!

UPDATE: FOUND 'EM. NO NEED TO RESPOND. THX!

#1110 1 year ago

In case you missed it, all 3 of the pinball machines are on sale for $600 instead of their normal MSRP of $750. The official Arcade 1up site says the sale ends on 5/1. Best Buy has all 3 right now for $600 if you have points there or a location near you.

#1111 1 year ago

did anyone order the Dragons Lair machine? looking for some opinions about it. interested in it. but haven't made the leap yet for one.

#1112 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I was able to get the three APK files from a very nice pinsider and I now have the pinball machine updated. Big thank you for the support everyone has given me .

I need the Marvel and Star Wars APK files. My machine has the new menu but only the williams games play. I have downloaded several copies and they are always he same "hash failed" examples. HELP! Thanks!

#1113 1 year ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

did anyone order the Dragons Lair machine? looking for some opinions about it. interested in it. but haven't made the leap yet for one.

You would probably be better off asking in this thread.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added

#1114 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

I need the Marvel and Star Wars APK files. My machine has the new menu but only the williams games play. I have downloaded several copies and they are always he same "hash failed" examples. HELP! Thanks!

I... Think I still have them. Will check tonight and get back to you...

#1115 1 year ago

Where is this overheating PCB Located?

#1116 1 year ago

Sorry, imnitguy forgot to follow up last night... Will try tonight, unless you've already found a source?

TheFamilyArcade the one that seems to be most prevalent is (at least on the Williams v1) mounted within an aluminum casing, affixed to the back of the playfield monitor.

#1117 1 year ago

I love my Arcade 1up AFM so much that I decided to build my own VP. Mine has updated firmware and solenoid mod.

No need for two VP’s, so I’m selling for really nice price. If interested, please pm.

#1118 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

PM'd, cheers...

#1119 1 year ago

Star Wars pin cab is on sale today through A1Up for $420. Use the promo Maythefourth

#1120 1 year ago

I picked up the Star Wars pin today from the sale. Looking forward to modding it with all tables. Have a spot where a regular pin can't fit so this will do

#1121 1 year ago

One day only sale $420 shipped. Direct from Arcade1up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #1122 1 year ago

Anyone here have any recommendations for a 27" monitor upgrade that
    a) works with a geekworm board out of the gate (no firmware patch required to reduce resolution/pixel clock)
    b) works with all the marvel/SW/wms tables
    c) doesn't require de-casing or any significant modifications to be able to mount it and have it appear like it belongs in the machine

The Team Encoder website recommends a EM2FPAB27B....but aside from satisfying requirement "a" above, doesn't really specify much else.

Thanks.

#1123 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Anyone here have any recommendations for a 27" monitor upgrade that
    a) works with a geekworm board out of the gate (no firmware patch required to reduce resolution/pixel clock)
    b) works with all the marvel/SW/wms tables
    c) doesn't require de-casing or any significant modifications to be able to mount it and have it appear like it belongs in the machine
    The Team Encoder website recommends a EM2FPAB27B....but aside from satisfying requirement "a" above, doesn't really specify much else.
    Thanks.

Not on the pinball but when building my Big Buck. I had luck with TCI, Viso and Dell 27” they worked with the geekworm. Just stay away from 4K TVs or monitors.

#1124 1 year ago
    Quoted from Baxcade:

Trouble in A1PinnerV3.1 Paradise!
    Hello there. New to the community and digital pinball. So excited to meet more knowledgeable fans. I have 1up Star Wars and love it...so much so I was trying to add more tables via A1Pinner3.1. I have the right usb cable reco'd by Mystery Encoder and downloaded the 3 APK files via a link from a well-known youtube vid on the topic.
    Everything worked smooth until I tried to dump the apks onto my machine. the SWP.apk works and the menu is loaded on my 1up. But I cannot get the A1Pinner3.1 to recognize the WMS.apk and MVP.apk even though they are in the A1Pinner3.1 folder next to the successful SWP.apk. Has anyone experienced this problem?
    I deleted everything on my laptop and tried again with same results. When I get to Step 3 to Dump the Tables, the Williams and Marvel dumps give me a "ERROR 550 Can't check for file existence" message...but the Star Wars apk dumps on no problem.
    I do see a message pop up and vanish fast on the second step in A1Pinner3.1 but all seems to work otherwise. I have attached a screen grab of that error. Basically it says "Hash could not be confirmed."
    No matter how easy the brilliant Mystery Encoder team has tried to make this for tech dummies like me, I still failed! Any thoughts here?
    [quoted image]

Hi all! Having the exact same issue above. Launcher is functional, but the hash verification isn't showing. I didn't follow how this got resolved...

Would a kind member be able to point me in the right direction for the updated/correct WMS and MVP files? Thanks for the help!

#1125 1 year ago
    Quoted from Circle_Breaker:

Hi all! Having the exact same issue above. Launcher is functional, but the hash verification isn't showing. I didn't follow how this got resolved...
    Would a kind member be able to point me in the right direction for the updated/correct WMS and MVP files? Thanks for the help!

Dumping the APKs isnt dumping the tables on to the arcade1up. It is for creating APKs on your computer from the tables already on the arcade1up. Thus, why Star Wars works (you already have them loaded) and the other two fail (you don't). You should just be skipping this step. Use the 3 buttons under Step 2 to actually load the tables into the machine.

#1126 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Dumping the APKs isnt dumping the tables on to the arcade1up. It is for creating APKs on your computer from the tables already on the arcade1up. Thus, why Star Wars works (you already have them loaded) and the other two fail (you don't). You should just be skipping this step. Use the 3 buttons under Step 2 to actually load the tables into the machine.

That's my issue... visually I have Step 2 entirely grayed out with "Hash Verification Failed" despite having all 3 APKs on the computer (in the right directory that the dump points to). I'm still not seeing the install/load button. I did/do have the Launcher installation option in the GUI.

My A1up machine now has the new launcher active and my SW tables active... the MVP/WMS files aren't on the machine (exactly as you said). Maybe there's an error with the MVP/WMS APKs themselves? The A1Pinner GUI doesn't seem to "see" any of the APKs to give me the installation option.

I'm sure it's something very basic or wrong files... thanks for any direction!

#1127 1 year ago
    Quoted from Circle_Breaker:

That's my issue... visually I have Step 2 entirely grayed out with "Hash Verification Failed" despite having all 3 APKs on the computer (in the right directory that the dump points to). I'm still not seeing the install/load button. I did/do have the Launcher installation option in the GUI.
    My A1up machine now has the new launcher active and my SW tables active... the MVP/WMS files aren't on the machine (exactly as you said). Maybe there's an error with the MVP/WMS APKs themselves? The A1Pinner GUI doesn't seem to "see" any of the APKs to give me the installation option.
    I'm sure it's something very basic or wrong files... thanks for any direction!

Step 2 should be "Configure Networking" in A1Pinner, which has nothing to do with the APK files or Hash Verification, so something you are saying doesn't match up......Also dumps, installs and APKs are not the same things. I think you may be interchanging the words in your description of the issue, which is making it harder to understand what is going on.....

PM Sent. I will try to help, but lets take this off the thread.

#1128 1 year ago

"Hash Verification Failed" - it's an integrity check and it uses a 'hash' to do this unless you're using the versions of the APKs expected and they are fully intact they will not work, meaning the versions which are linked on the youtube video which is linked to on the team-encoder site are those that should be used.

Any others and the Hash verification will fail, preventing you from loading it because it's not the APK it expects or it's been damaged/corrupted in your download or transfer process.

#1129 1 year ago

"Hash Verification Failed" - it's an integrity check and it uses a 'hash' to do this unless you're using the versions of the APKs expected and they are fully intact they will not work, meaning the versions which are linked on the youtube video which is linked to on the team-encoder site are those that should be used.
    Any others and the Hash verification will fail, preventing you from loading it because it's not the APK it expects or it's been damaged/corrupted in your download or transfer process.

Thank you all very much for the quick responses and insight! Great community and mod… got everything working this morning and looking forward to surprising the kids with the results tonight!

#1130 1 year ago

Can someone please let me know how to acquire the discontinued tables. tia

#1131 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Can someone please let me know how to acquire the discontinued tables. tia

Send me a PM pls

#1132 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Send me a PM pls

I also sent you a PM

#1133 1 year ago
    Quoted from abitslow:

I also sent you a PM

I think everyone who PMed me in the past few days should now be all set. If anyone still needs the APKs or discontinueds, let me know, cheers

1 week later
    #1134 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Mystery encoder update from last night...
    It's a long one... Sounds like magic in progress...
    [quoted image]

Folks, v3.9 will be released soon! It's currently in pre-release testing by the Team! (They're amazing.)

Okay, so for those who may not be aware, there was a bit of a crossroads where the question was asked if the public would prefer to wait longer for the full functionality list of v4 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/22#post-6867821) OR get a sooner release (dubbed v3.9) that would have most of the features listed, but without online scoreboard support (which would instead follow at a later date), and most (all?) who replied respectfully raised our hands for option 1.

v3.9 release may be imminent, so keep your eyes on team-encoder.com or I'll post here when I find that the team has released more info.

#1135 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Folks, v3.9 will be released soon! It's currently in pre-release testing by the Team! (They're amazing.)
    Okay, so for those who may not be aware, there was a bit of a crossroads where the question was asked if the public would prefer to wait longer for the full functionality list of v4 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/22#post-6867821) OR get a sooner release (dubbed v3.9) that would have most of the features listed, but without online scoreboard support (which would instead follow at a later date), and most (all?) who replied respectfully raised our hands for option 1.
    v3.9 release may be imminent, so keep your eyes on team-encoder.com or I'll post here when I find that the team has released more info.

Hell-a excited!

#1136 1 year ago

A big thank you to MysteryEncoder and the team for all of the work on this and sharing it with everyone.

#1137 1 year ago

Is there a way to easily tell whether you’re in 720p or 1080p? I’ve pressed and held the left button and it reboots, but both look about the same on the start screen. Thanks in advance for the help.

#1138 1 year ago
    Quoted from C-Note:

Is there a way to easily tell whether you’re in 720p or 1080p? I’ve pressed and held the left button and it reboots, but both look about the same on the start screen. Thanks in advance for the help.

In the upper left corner of the screen it should say 1080P enabled when in 1080p.

#1139 1 year ago
    Quoted from yonizzell:

In the upper left corner of the screen it should say 1080P enabled when in 1080p.

Much appreciated.

#1140 1 year ago

Kongs-R-Us did a live-mod of Pinner 3.9... (I'm about 25 minutes in, so I'm hoping that it was successful.)

You can see it here:

(Mrs. Kongs-R-Us's commentary makes it... difficult to focus at times, but push through.)

Update: Looks like we'll be using Pinball Arcade 2.17.7 from apk.gold, so might want to get that to prepare.

Kongs-R-Us says he'll be preparing a more structured instructional video, so I'll post that when it's ready. Getting ever closer!

#1141 1 year ago

Pinball arcade as the fifth application on the A1Up.
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpgPINBALLARcade (resized).jpg

New settings menu, accessible from the main table menu.
    settings (resized).jpgsettings (resized).jpg

P.S. I believe "External storage" is just a placeholder, and is not yet implemented...? (Am I wrong about that?)

Zen Pinball playfield DMD now mirrored onto the cab "DMD"!!
    zendmd (resized).pngzendmd (resized).png

#1142 1 year ago

Tried out a prerelease v3.9 to test it... We're in for a real treat when the Team does the full release. The prerelease is already great...

20220530_214951 (resized).jpg20220530_214951 (resized).jpg

DMD mirroring on Zen Pinball works great... Go into the main settings menu to turn "Zen DMD" on, then in the Zen app, go to options to choose the appropriate size for the "Dot Matrix display" depending on if you're running at 720p or 1080p.

20220530_231303 (resized).jpg20220530_231303 (resized).jpg

The Pinball Arcade also runs well. I believe the Team said they're working on locking camera angle. (Update: new prerelease overnight has address this.) Like Zen, you'll need to export individual tables from TBA on Bluestacks into Windows and then use "manage tables" on the Pinner app to upload them. Don't try to play tables that you haven't uploaded. That hangs it.

20220530_231559 (resized).jpg20220530_231559 (resized).jpg

The Team may have more tweaks before release. I'll post what news I see here.

#1143 1 year ago

v3.9 official release is out!!

https://team-encoder.com/

Kongs-R-Us will have an install tutorial video online soon... Keep an eye on his YouTube channel.

(I don't know when those folks on Team Encoder ever get sleep... Amazing work!!)

#1144 1 year ago

Tutorial's up! Get modding!!

#1145 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Tutorial's up! Get modding!!

Looks like my weekend is planned out for me!

#1146 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

The Pinball Arcade also runs well.

How many tables have you tested out? I am curious how well these play. A friend has one of these so I am going to set her up with it soon and give it a test drive. Sounded like there were issues with ST:TNG and another table, but aside from that do they function well? Can you nudge with the buttons on the cab? Hopefully Pinball Arcade will get full hardware support soon.

#1147 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

How many tables have you tested out? I am curious how well these play. A friend has one of these so I am going to set her up with it soon and give it a test drive. Sounded like there were issues with ST:TNG and another table, but aside from that do they function well? Can you nudge with the buttons on the cab? Hopefully Pinball Arcade will get full hardware support soon.

STTNG works, Ghostbusters had ball lag in 1080p but it's playable. You can't nudge via buttons on the cab, it uses the built-in gyro for nudge.

#1148 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

How many tables have you tested out? I am curious how well these play.

Heh, it was honestly just about midnight by the time I threw in the towel last night, so I only tried Black Hole and BSD... Seemed fine, though! Will put a few more on tonight, when I upgrade to the release version.

#1149 1 year ago

STTNG works, Ghostbusters had ball lag in 1080p but it's playable. You can't nudge via buttons on the cab, it uses the built-in gyro for nudge.

Thanks for the info @mysteryencoder. I wasn't sure if the gyro was functioning yet but clearly it is.

Thanks for all of the work on this, I am excited to try it out.

#1150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Thanks for the info MysteryEncoder. I wasn't sure if the gyro was functioning yet but clearly it is.
    Thanks for all of the work on this, I am excited to try it out.

I was wondering if it made sense to create a custom apron card with instructions on how to get to and use the newly added tables?

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.