(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,014 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Baxcade
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hasherror (resized).png
    update (resized).jpg
    A2DFE6C7-EB2E-4DFE-BDAF-FB9577E42E4E (resized).jpeg
    20211219_155857 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211222-220228_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-191515_Discord (resized).jpg
    ep20_al_cheers (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211031-231040_Discord (resized).jpg
    DDF1EE89-7265-4902-B6CF-A3A0A73EEF03 (resized).jpeg
    20211030_181433 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-223854_Discord (resized).jpg
    Micro on right (resized).png
    FE79261A-BE96-40C2-A031-01E93DEB662E (resized).jpeg
    065E512A-6E83-4100-ABAD-671B9093D8D2 (resized).jpeg
    20211005_211436 (resized).jpg
    9EFA565B-AA51-4471-8909-2D2D21A08969 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 21.
    #951 88 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I actually experienced it quite a bit on Williams... The ball would be sitting on the flipper, then I'd hear what sounded like a construction vehicle shifting gears, and the ball would hop around on the flipper like a pat of cold butter on a hot stove. Took a while to figure out that ghost nudging was what was happening. At this point, I've just decided to convince myself that the ball is sentient and gets bored staying still.

Man, shoot a message to A1Up. It seems like a massive number of their original models came out with bad g-sensors. To test the g-sensor, and you need to use the stock coding to do this, have the machine off and hold the left white button on the front of the cab, the launch button, and right flipper button, then turn the machine on while still holding the buttons in. Keep the buttons held down until a new screen pops up. You'll push the launch button a number of times to go through various tests and then it will bring up a screen with a green circle on the left, which is your accelerometer. Just stand there for a bit without touching the machine and see if your green circle goes red every few seconds. If so, then you've got an issue with that g-sensor.

#952 88 days ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

Man, shoot a message to A1Up. It seems like a massive number of their original models came out with bad g-sensors. To test the g-sensor, and you need to use the stock coding to do this, have the machine off and hold the left white button on the front of the cab, the launch button, and right flipper button, then turn the machine on while still holding the buttons in. Keep the buttons held down until a new screen pops up. You'll push the launch button a number of times to go through various tests and then it will bring up a screen with a green circle on the left, which is your accelerometer. Just stand there for a bit without touching the machine and see if your green circle goes red every few seconds. If so, then you've got an issue with that g-sensor.

Interesting! Shall try, thanks for the info!

#953 87 days ago

Anyone had issues running out of memory? I've added 68 tables on top of the original 30. Have not seen Plants vs. Zombies available; only discontinued ones I've found are south park and the football tables

#954 85 days ago
    Quoted from bigduke13:

Anyone had issues running out of memory? I've added 68 tables on top of the original 30. Have not seen Plants vs. Zombies available; only discontinued ones I've found are south park and the football tables

I've read about others having issues. There are only 1.8Gb available, so don't overfill it or else you can run into problems... Cheers!

#955 85 days ago

v3.1 released.

"New version 3.1 is released!

This is mainly a hotfix/quality of life fix. Here’s the change log inside.

PinnerV3.1 - HotFix

- Changed code in launcher to delete temporary files left behind by injector system used for solenoid and control configurations in ZenPinball
    - Changed kernel used in the bootloader payload to initiate the access to the emmc on board, it now initializes DMD and prints status messages
    - Changed bootloader to check for mmc2 and mmc0 (is there ever an mmc1?...) turns out someone had issues with an emmc, guess there's different flash chips floating around on these boards interesting...
    -- Need to monitor this situation, and see if the one individual had a hardware issue (bad capacitor) or if there is an emmc chip that is not supported.

- Changed options in the A1PinnerV3.exe to allow for table management as well as implementing some other checks, and including SSH libs which should come in handy in the future for other deployments.
    - Updated UI to automatically leave the the secret menu unlocked once unlocked the first time so code doesn't have to be re-entered multiple times.
    - Disabled/Removed Android APK download buttons, we're not longer providing these the UI will look for them on disk; dump them from cabinets you own if you want them.
    - Created a Table management interface displaying currently installed tables, individual sizes of tables, free space on the partition tables live on (DONT FILL THIS UP YOU WERE WARNED, that 1.8GB is really all that's available after cache and swap are active when the OS is alive)"

https://mega.nz/file/p1kiRZ7a#nV6Tsw2oPuJskCCK7bqWpWMFPkFAVG3W6XCiHAuyX8E

#956 85 days ago

I listened to the interview the other day and it's really exciting to hear about possible updates on this in the future! Mystery Encoder made it very clear that he would be dropping the ability to download the pin packs, so that change in 3.1 was expected. However, if you have the the Williams cab, all of the SW and Marvel tables on the A1Up cabs can also be purchased in the Zen app. At .99-1.99 per table, you can pick and choose from the good and the not so good....Venom. There was also a major mention of getting other pin table apps running, with him very interested in getting TAF on the cab, so future purchased tables on other pin apps sound like it might be in the future.

I keep putting time on the 3.0 release and only seem to experience crashes when I make changes in the settings prior to playing a game. Messing with a setting and returning to the main front-end also usually results in the DMD screen being replaced by the main table's screen on the A1Up packaged tables, but nothing a quick reset doesn't solve. Anyways, been really enjoying those Zen tables... That Fear Itself table is something else!

#957 85 days ago

Agreed! I went on the Discord, and it sounds like The Pinball Arcade is the lower hanging fruit for him to try to incorporate, whereas Williams Pinball mobile has far more inherent challenges...

One thing that will interesting to see is whether or not the discontinued Bally/Williams tables for TPA will be 1) found and 2) shareable, and 3) able to be installed and functional if this moves forward. They were discontinued back in 2019ish, and I don't even know if those tables had files that could be exported as the Zen Pinball ones are...

#958 85 days ago

Yeah I'll wait until he finds a way to integrate more tables before updating again.

I have a ton of old Pinball Arcade tables in a broken ipad(I stopped using apple devices a long time ago) including stuff like Addams Family, T2 and Star Trek TNG. Unfortunately he'll probably use the android version and I'd assume the tables I pulled from there wouldn't be compatible, so so much for that. Honestly looking at what they currently have on Pinball Arcade, it's really just Star Trek and Ghostbusters that I'd love to get, and maybe 4 others I would probably install. Most of the rest I could live without.

On a side note, the tables that don't have working solenoids and plunger support it really makes you realize how important that stuff is, you really miss it when that stuff isn't working, like night and day in terms of immersion.

#959 85 days ago

Yeah... I wish I could help with those tables. I'm a bit of a latecomer, and by the time I stumbled onto TPA it was Summer, 2020. Missed the train by a year...

#960 84 days ago

Screenshot_20211025-223854_Discord (resized).jpg

I don't know if he means the discontinued TPA Bally/Williams tables will be *compatible* with TPA once ported over to the A1Up, or if he literally means he'll have a source for them to distribute as well... (One can hope!)

#961 84 days ago

So apparently there is nudging you can enable for the secret zen tables. You have to go to settings, controls, then turn nudging to gyro & touch controls, then turn the sensitivity all the way up.

#962 80 days ago

So I'm installing the A1Pinner V3 and this is the error I see.....any thoughts? Frist time I've tried installing these files for the extra tables
    20211030_181433 (resized).jpg

#963 79 days ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

So I'm installing the A1Pinner V3 and this is the error I see.....any thoughts? Frist time I've tried installing these files for the extra tables
    [quoted image]

Check the folder where you have A1PinnerV3, it should have those files and they should take up space. If you don’t have the .apk files, download them.

#964 79 days ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Check the folder where you have A1PinnerV3, it should have those files and they should take up space. If you don’t have the .apk files, download them.

I will go back and look at the files in that folder. You would think the files would be in the download file.

#965 79 days ago

The guy who made the mod said v3 has a bug that can slowly fill up the pcb which will soft brick the cab. He strongly recommends using v3.1.

He also stopped linking to the apks so you will have to find a separate download for that if you don't already have the files.

#966 79 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

The guy who made the mod said v3 has a bug that can slowly fill up the pcb which will soft brick the cab. He strongly recommends using v3.1.
    He also stopped linking to the apks so you will have to find a separate download for that if you don't already have the files.

I downloaded the link that was posted in the thread......anyone have a working link for 3.1?

#967 79 days ago

I finally got the 30 game pack to work. The marvel games are really fun. Now I need to see what it takes to add the rest and if I can get the Alien and JP games. Thanks for all the discussion and links.

DDF1EE89-7265-4902-B6CF-A3A0A73EEF03 (resized).jpeg
    #968 78 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Yeah, that was a shock to me when he posted that on the Discord. Me: "Oh, so my PCB is now basically the bomb at the end of Dark Knight Rises. Looks like I'm not waiting for v4 after all." Just finished stepping up to 3.1.

hawkeyexx - Here's a link to 3.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2jm6iikjqhj44a/A1PinnerV3.1.zip/file

I'm reasonably certain you're going to need to have the Williams/Star Wars/Marvel APKs handy, likely from using the download function on... was it v3 that linked to a non-A1up site? ...because A1up took those firmwares down off of their own site. Can you keep us posted on your progress? Will help if I can...

#969 78 days ago

My mistake! M.E. just corrected me on discord... (coincidence?)

Screenshot_20211031-231040_Discord (resized).jpg
    #970 78 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I don't know if he means the discontinued TPA Bally/Williams tables will be *compatible* with TPA once ported over to the A1Up, or if he literally means he'll have a source for them to distribute as well... (One can hope!)

Update! Per Discord, M.E. (who is AMONG us! HUZZAH!!) clarified that he indeed meant "available" and not just "compatible"... (i.e. the discontinued tables for The Pinball Arcade at some point. Fingers crossed, at least when not actively playing, cheers!)

(... And yes, his correction was not an incredible coincidence of timing.)

ep20_al_cheers (resized).jpg

#971 75 days ago

I was able to get the three APK files from a very nice pinsider and I now have the pinball machine updated. Big thank you for the support everyone has given me .

1 week later
    #972 67 days ago

Anyone know / hear any updates on V4.0 from ME?

#973 66 days ago

I believe he's still working it... One thing he had mentioned was that he was finding the limited memory on the PCB to be a factor re: pinball arcade

#974 63 days ago

Can I just ask... has anybody here had their pinball PCB flat-out die?

From what I'm reading on Facebook, it almost seems like a crazily common occurrence, but I don't know if the Facebook posts are necessarily a representative sample...

It sounds like the most common issue is presumed to be related to overheating, due to 1) the fan dying, 2) A1Up mounting the PCB underneath a large (though some would say not really large ) monitor, and 3) the PCB's metal housing, which isn't helping matters...

I've bought two fans that I'm going to install when I have time in the next few weeks, but in the meantime I wanted to check in and see if anybody HERE had this happen to their A1Up Pinball PCBs...?

#975 63 days ago

I don't recall that being mentioned at all in these thread. I think I'll keep the back panel off though, let some air circulation occur.

#976 63 days ago

I've enjoyed my machine, especially with all 30 tables on it now, but I'm going to let it got for space reasons. Does Pinside allow or have any place to list something like this?

#977 59 days ago
    Quoted from STLOkie:

I've enjoyed my machine, especially with all 30 tables on it now, but I'm going to let it got for space reasons. Does Pinside allow or have any place to list something like this?

I don't think anyone would have problems with you selling one here. I was thinking about buying/selling some of these machines modded (near cost) myself for pinsiders near Michigan. There probably isn't a place were you can add this to "my collection" or wishlist. Maybe someday...

Is there any news on v4.0 of the hack?

#978 58 days ago

I am having the same issues as hawkeyexx. First time installer as well. I have been unable to find the APK files anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#979 58 days ago
    Quoted from BLTMilkshake:

I am having the same issues as hawkeyexx. First time installer as well. I have been unable to find the APK files anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PM sent.

1 week later
    #980 47 days ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone know / hear any updates on V4.0 from ME?

Latest update (per Discord): v4 estimated around Jan/Feb 2022. May be sooner, but not concrete. Cheers (and thx for everything, M.E.!)

#981 47 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Latest update (per Discord): v4 estimated around Jan/Feb 2022. May be sooner, but not concrete. Cheers (and thx for everything, M.E.!)

Any idea what this update will add to the pin?

#982 46 days ago

Based only on previous videos and posts, it sounded and looked like zen tables might be able to output the mini DMD display in the top left of the table to the "DMD" LCD screen on the cabinet. I don't recall if the output was mirrored to the screen or redirected to that screen... (Anyone here recall?)

There was also discussion of adding Pinball Arcade support, which could conceivably open up the possibilities of a huge tranche of classic tables, but last I had read the small amount of memory on the PCBs was a rate limiting factor to making this a reality.

This is just what I recall off the top of my head, cheers.

1 week later
    #983 34 days ago

Hello everyone.

I just signed up and did my donation/verification so that I could ask a few very basic questions that I hope someone can answer. Before my questions, thank you to Mystery Encoder and the members here who enabled me to be able to get all of the tables on our arcade1up marvel cabinet. With that out of the way, I'm wondering the following:

1. Most important, are the solenoids working for others on the zen games such as Jaws, Aliens, JP (the original table is the only one I own)? I have flipper and plunger support for those games (as well as sound) but no solenoids. I'm thinking that perhaps the solenoids only work with the configuration files for some (but not all) of the zen games. Thanks.

2. Each time I want to add a table, (for example I may buy family guy), do I have to reinstall every game that is already on the cabinet again? Asked differently, do I just need to install the new apk or all of the apks that I have for all of the games I want on the table (including the original marvel tables)?

3. Lastly, I know that we cannot add more than 1.8 gb of games. Can I ask is there a way to remove games that were previously added? I realize that this may be tied to my second question in that if I don't reinstall every game, that may be how to delete them.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can offer.

#984 34 days ago
    Quoted from ChuckDLC:

Hello everyone.
    I just signed up and did my donation/verification so that I could ask a few very basic questions that I hope someone can answer. Before my questions, thank you to Mystery Encoder and the members here who enabled me to be able to get all of the tables on our arcade1up marvel cabinet. With that out of the way, I'm wondering the following:
    1. Most important, are the solenoids working for others on the zen games such as Jaws, Aliens, JP (the original table is the only one I own)? I have flipper and plunger support for those games (as well as sound) but no solenoids. I'm thinking that perhaps the solenoids only work with the configuration files for some (but not all) of the zen games. Thanks.
    2. Each time I want to add a table, (for example I may buy family guy), do I have to reinstall every game that is already on the cabinet again? Asked differently, do I just need to install the new apk or all of the apks that I have for all of the games I want on the table (including the original marvel tables)?
    3. Lastly, I know that we cannot add more than 1.8 gb of games. Can I ask is there a way to remove games that were previously added? I realize that this may be tied to my second question in that if I don't reinstall every game, that may be how to delete them.
    Thanks in advance for any answers you can offer.

Welcome to the club!

It's been a few weeks, so I hope my answers are accurate, though I trust my compatriots here to correct me if I'm mistaken...

1) there were replacement config files that were released by a third party for the majority of the remaining tables for which there weren't initially haptics for the solenoids. (It didn't correct ALL of the tables per se, but it did address many.) I'll try to find a link when I get home tonight unless someone else beats me to it. Or, I might just send you a link through WeTransfer if I still have the files on my PC

2) no, you don't need to reinstall previous ones; just the ones that you're adding.

3) version 3.1 of the pinner has a table management option where you can delete, though I have no experience using it. I've also heard tell that zen tables can be deleted straight from the table listing menu, but I haven't yet done that either...

#985 34 days ago

For ChuckDLC and anyone else who needs, I believe these are the updated config files, available for 7 days:

https://we.tl/t-RilyzVQQsk

#986 34 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Welcome to the club!
    It's been a few weeks, so I hope my answers are accurate, though I trust my compatriots here to correct me if I'm mistaken...
    1) there were replacement config files that were released by a third party for the majority of the remaining tables for which there weren't initially haptics for the solenoids. (It didn't correct ALL of the tables per se, but it did address many.) I'll try to find a link when I get home tonight unless someone else beats me to it. Or, I might just send you a link through WeTransfer if I still have the files on my PC
    2) no, you don't need to reinstall previous ones; just the ones that you're adding.
    3) version 3.1 of the pinner has a table management option where you can delete, though I have no experience using it. I've also heard tell that zen tables can be deleted straight from the table listing menu, but I haven't yet done that either...

Thank you for your help! You posted the files while I was typing to thank you! lol

#987 33 days ago

Hello all. I hate to be the guy that just signs up to ask this type of question but I can't find them anywhere...Does anyone have a link to the SW and Marvel APKs please and thank you?

#988 33 days ago

I'll see if I still have them...

In the meantime, this dropped, which might also be a good resource while I search...

Screenshot_20211216-191515_Discord (resized).jpg

#989 33 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'll see if I still have them...
    In the meantime, this dropped, which might also be a good resource while I search...
    [quoted image]

Thanks for that site. I located the files in the youtube video linked there. I now have all 3 tables. Thanks very much.

#990 32 days ago

Glad that worked out! Finally checking out the site for myself... For anyone who hasn't been, here's so info from the site:

"There are various ideas for future versions of the A1Pinner modification, the next version of the A1 Pinner modification is V4.0 and is expected to be delivered around Feburary-March 2022, when available it will be posted here with complete instructions and details available on how to install it, caveats you may encounter and potentially an FAQ around different things in relation to it.

It aims to offer the following:

Various fixes for Zen Pinball, including... the ability to fine tune the configuration of the plunger and fixes for non-working or operating tables.
    The DMD from the Zen Pinball game rendered within the DMD that comes with the pinball machine
    At the moment the way this works is by mirroring the sub-section of the screen where the DMD is displayed and stretching it to the full size of the DMD display, in the future we'd like to make this actually re-render the data on the DMD without it needing to be displayed on the main playfield.
    Fixes for using a geek-worm board that attempts to resolve some blanking out/static/flashing issues when utilizing a 3rd party monitor in conjunction with a geek-worm LVDS->HDMI board.
    Dynamic backglass driven by a raspberry pi zero W
    With this, there will be a web management framework where you'll be able to log in and adjust settings, upload your images for dynamic backglass and etc.
    Online leaderboards (Starting with ZenPinball)
    In V4.0 we aim to utilize the raspberry pi zero W and its internet connectivity to allow you to communicate your scores onto a global leaderboard which will be hosted and managed by us, this way everyone can compete.
    The general current idea of how this will work is that when in table selection menus the leaderboard will appear if enabled in the settings of the raspberry pi zero system and show current leaders of that table as well as your current position.
    Alternatively if disabled it will only work as a backglass and nothing further.
    Pinball Arcade
    We aim to have Pinball Arcade fully operating on the machine, on initial release we do not know if the camera will operate as expected or if you'll have an overhead view of the entire physical cabinet.
    Plans right now are just to get it the controls working, it also operates on an older version where the complete set of older tables that were previously discontinued are available so all of the Williams lovers will be in luck."

#991 26 days ago

Heads up... Looks like at least one AFM owner has a dead PCB. No longer just SW & Marvel...

Screenshot_20211222-220228_Facebook (resized).jpg

Update: since that post, three others have chimed in about fried AFM PCBs as well...

#992 26 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Heads up... Looks like at least one AFM owner has a dead PCB. No longer just SW & Marvel...
    [quoted image]
    Update: since that post, three others have chimed in about fried AFM PCBs as well...

Yeah mine blew last weekend on my AFM I put a ticket it but it's 7 months old I figure I'm sol

20211219_155857 (resized).jpg
    #993 23 days ago

Does anyone happen to have a link to the Marvel pinball firmware? I'd like to have it before I run the patch, in case I need to go back to stock. All I can find is APKs, and not the actual firmware files.

#994 21 days ago

I am glad I found this thread. I just bout my Star Wars Arcade1Up machine on sale from Academy.com I hope to get it setup with some WPC tables on it.

#995 21 days ago

jonlondon (and Gotfrogs I got your message as well), I'll see what I can find tonight. Will follow up this evening!

#996 21 days ago

I picked up my machine today that I paid $470 for!

A2DFE6C7-EB2E-4DFE-BDAF-FB9577E42E4E (resized).jpeg
    #997 21 days ago

That's a great deal. Especially if you do the mod to handle all 30 of the tables plus the separate Zen add ons.

#998 21 days ago

Hi all! I really appreciate the info and advice on this forum!

I have an Arcade 1up AFM machine, and I'm looking to add the other Marvel and SW's tables. I tried the A1PinnerV3 tool, but when I got to the part to install/update any of the tables, all the options were blanked out and I couldn't select them. Luckily I had the Williams update and could reinstall my AFM games. Any ideas on how to load up all three tables using the A1Pinner? Are the tables already included in the A1Pinner and I'm just doing something wrong, or do I need the apk or image files for anything I want to upload?

Thanks!

#999 20 days ago
    Quoted from jonlondon:

Does anyone happen to have a link to the Marvel pinball firmware? I'd like to have it before I run the patch, in case I need to go back to stock. All I can find is APKs, and not the actual firmware files.

Sorry, folks, forgot to follow up on these last night...

Jon, maybe I'm misunderstanding... My recollection is that the APKs ARE the actual firmware files...? If memory serves, these were the files that A1Up had on their site, which basically were flashed onto the cabs to completely replace the existing firmware with the new version, i.e. they were the complete firmware and not just patches to the existing firmware, so you would use those APKs to flash back to stock.

#1000 20 days ago
    Quoted from sinlimo:

Hi all! I really appreciate the info and advice on this forum!
    I have an Arcade 1up AFM machine, and I'm looking to add the other Marvel and SW's tables. I tried the A1PinnerV3 tool, but when I got to the part to install/update any of the tables, all the options were blanked out and I couldn't select them. Luckily I had the Williams update and could reinstall my AFM games. Any ideas on how to load up all three tables using the A1Pinner? Are the tables already included in the A1Pinner and I'm just doing something wrong, or do I need the apk or image files for anything I want to upload?
    Thanks!

Hi, sinlimo, welcome! You'll need the APKs for all three tables in addition to the v3.1 software... Let me know if you're unable to find them online, cheers and welcome aboard!

There are 1,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside