(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 882 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by BlakeWI
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211005_211436 (resized).jpg
    9EFA565B-AA51-4471-8909-2D2D21A08969 (resized).jpeg
    USB Driver - A1UP (resized).png
    725EFCCE-15E7-45DB-89EF-65708B80BA0C (resized).jpeg
    413ACB52-4815-468B-9434-679529B9C165 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1891 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1888 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1887 (resized).jpg
    7355DF8D-6C9A-403C-8DD5-F93C0D0C7E6E (resized).jpeg
    887949ED-1FF4-40EB-9497-BB576A37584B (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FFA0B7DF-2E2C-4F4E-B603-224F5C3D7BDC (resized).png
    AFM (resized).jpg
    DE6F7867-1EEA-4389-B0B8-F9B02562E644 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210220_185601_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

There are 882 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
    #851 21 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Ended up taking the plunge and buying the Marvel cabinet, since my daughter would like the artwork, modding all 30 tables was relatively simple, ran into one problem but the suggestion here to switch computers solved it.
    Honestly pleasantly surprised by how much better some of the tables feel compared to when I played them on my computer(in fact some games I didn't like I think I like now). Though I did go into this completely aware of this cabinet's faults so that probably helped to keep my expectations in check. Though I can't really give a proper review until I've owned it longer, but 10 games would have definitely felt like way too little.

Yeah I really like my attack from Mars machine and now with all 30 it’s a total bargain. And the updates make them all play great now. Very happy with mine takes up very little space and scratches the pinball itch!

#852 19 days ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

If anyone around central Ohio is looking, I just posted mine for sale… Update and mod installed (all 30 tables). Tempered glass, haptic mod, real arcade buttons. $650
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121143
    [quoted image]

Dropped the price to $550…. Open to trades, too. Local pickup.

#853 18 days ago

Went back to try this again and the Youtube videos are gone? Anyone else notice this?

#854 18 days ago

On the arcade1up website the Star Wars and Marvel updates are gone. Only the AFM is still available for downloads.

#855 18 days ago
    Quoted from A248410:

Went back to try this again and the Youtube videos are gone? Anyone else notice this?

Crap, I had downloaded everything to my PC in preparation for the machines arrival(came on Sat) but now I'm not sure how to load everything into it. Hopefully some of the prior posts will shed some light.

#856 18 days ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Crap, I had downloaded everything to my PC in preparation for the machines arrival(came on Sat) but now I'm not sure how to load everything into it. Hopefully some of the prior posts will shed some light.

Me too… if I can figure it out I’ll let you know but it’s been difficult for some reason, if you figure it out let us know.

#857 18 days ago
    Quoted from chillme:

On the arcade1up website the Star Wars and Marvel updates are gone. Only the AFM is still available for downloads.

They caught on to us! With the downloads missing, you will need to get them from somewhere. The Powershell script downloads them and converts them to .apk files. I read somewhere that if you downloaded them already, you could put them in the folder with the script and it would convert them.

All that said, the APK files will be available somewhere on the internet for those who are late to the party.

#858 18 days ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

They caught on to us! With the downloads missing, you will need to get them from somewhere. The Powershell script downloads them and converts them to .apk files. I read somewhere that if you downloaded them already, you could put them in the folder with the script and it would convert them.
    All that said, the APK files will be available somewhere on the internet for those who are late to the party.

Likely a future “update” will prevent users from “accidentally” loading all three machines on one. When you find a copy of the packages, make sure you keep a copy and a second backup on a flash drive, that way you can always reload.

#859 18 days ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

If someone had the 3 files, but failed do grab the PowerShell script, where would some find or install the correct PowerShell?

Asking for a friend.

#860 17 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

OK, this was sent to me from one of the facebook guys doing this. Someone want to give it a try.
    "Download this one and you can skip the downloading tables and apk part, files are already downloaded to this folder."
    https://mega.nz/folder/eaw2CSza#OvIH2ImUJZTpL7yuxRZFvQ

Hey guys just use this Mega zip file. It has all the tables packs converted into apk files in it already. That’s what I used when I did the 30 tables. I THINK by using this mega pack it bypasses having to go onto arcade1up servers. I think this mega file was created for this exact reason. For when arcade1up catches on to this mod. You’ll have to extract the zip files out of mega. But once you get them all unzipped it’s easy from there!

#861 17 days ago

So I can get to step 3 to try and upload the games and I keep getting this error? I have researched and tried multiple you tube videos on this error and cannot get it to work. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

9EFA565B-AA51-4471-8909-2D2D21A08969 (resized).jpeg
    #862 17 days ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Hey guys just use this Mega zip file. It has all the tables packs converted into apk files in it already. That’s what I used when I did the 30 tables. I THINK by using this mega pack it bypasses having to go onto arcade1up servers. I think this mega file was created for this exact reason. For when arcade1up catches on to this mod. You’ll have to extract the zip files out of mega. But once you get them all unzipped it’s easy from there!

this is what I am trying to use as well, it should work I am just having trouble getting past #3 to start loading the games, will keep plugging away

#863 17 days ago

If you are getting the connection failed error, there are a couple of things you can check/do:
    1) Use a good quality micro USB cable
    2) Run everything is ADMINISTRATOR
    3) When your PC detects a new device on the network (and it should/will!), make sure you select YES <-- I have found a lot of peeps miss this as it pops up and then disappears which can cause the connection failure!

NOTE: The above is assuming you are using a Windows 10 computer.

#864 17 days ago

Thanks! I’ll give it a try, yes Windows 10.

#865 17 days ago

This is the video I followed. He was easier to follow than Kong IMO.

#866 17 days ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

If you are getting the connection failed error, there are a couple of things you can check/do:
    1) Use a good quality micro USB cable
    2) Run everything is ADMINISTRATOR
    3) When your PC detects a new device on the network (and it should/will!), make sure you select YES <-- I have found a lot of peeps miss this as it pops up and then disappears which can cause the connection failure!
    NOTE: The above is assuming you are using a Windows 10 computer.

At least one poster also found that using a micro USB with a longer *connector* solved a problem where the PC couldn't connect to the pcb, because the pcb's USB port was recessed about ~1mm into the casing; it felt snug, but apparently it wasn't.

(Although if that were the problem, I would think you would have had problems with steps 2 & 1, first...)

#867 17 days ago

It is a finicky install where different cables and computers are the most likely causes of problems/fixes. Though I guess we don't all have multiple cables and computers we can try. In theory if all the connectors are correct it shouldn't be any more complicated than running it in administrator mode and typing numbers and enter. You might also want to put it in a root folder, like c:\themod\ .

Still too early to review this thing, but I noticed today going between a real pinball machine and this the flipper lag becomes way more noticeable. Where it wasn't bothering me so much when I was just playing the arcade1up machine. I guess it's either play real pinball or virtual, they don't mix well.

#868 17 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

It is a finicky install where different cables and computers are the most likely causes of problems/fixes. Though I guess we don't all have multiple cables and computers we can try. In theory if all the connectors are correct it shouldn't be any more complicated than running it in administrator mode and typing numbers and enter. You might also want to put it in a root folder, like c:\themod\ .
    Still too early to review this thing, but I noticed today going between a real pinball machine and this the flipper lag becomes way more noticeable. Where it wasn't bothering me so much when I was just playing the arcade1up machine. I guess it's either play real pinball or virtual, they don't mix well.

Ohhh yeah. After playing A1up for 3 weeks, I went back to my Stern ST and I found that all I was mistiming ALL of my shots early...

#869 15 days ago

Dang, I was late to the update scene. If anyone downloaded the three updates and is willing to share, shoot me a PM.

#870 15 days ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

Dang, I was late to the update scene. If anyone downloaded the three updates and is willing to share, shoot me a PM.

See post #860.

#871 15 days ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

See post #860.

NICE! I put mine in a rental home after getting pretty annoyed with the flipper sounds and lag on several tables. Once the rental season is over, I'm excited to get this back in my place and play with the update.

Thank you to all those involved in keeping this update alive!

#872 15 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Ohhh yeah. After playing A1up for 3 weeks, I went back to my Stern ST and I found that all I was mistiming ALL of my shots early...

I'll tell you, the ball never felt so big and gameplay so visceral on the real table than after spending time with the virtual table!

Overall though I do really like the virtual tables, but I'd say half the tables are decidedly average, but there are some real gems in there.

#873 14 days ago

Question I’m looking at buying a laptop does this need a USB 2.0 port or does it work with the USB 3.0 ports when you connect the cable from the laptop to the pin?

#874 11 days ago

I found a glitch in AFM machine tonight guys curious if anyone has seen it. So I'm on the "Junk Yard" table and it's running the new code. When it wants me to pick something it zooms in on the backglass like I'm playing on my phone then it says Williams app has closed and reboots! Dam and I was so excited I could finally make the ramps with the new code

#875 11 days ago
    Quoted from BlakeWI:

I found a glitch in AFM machine tonight guys curious if anyone has seen it. So I'm on the "Junk Yard" table and it's running the new code. When it wants me to pick something it zooms in on the backglass like I'm playing on my phone then it says Williams app has closed and reboots! Dam and I was so excited I could finally make the ramps with the new code

!! I haven't had that problem on junk yard with the new code .. have you tried re-flashing?

#876 11 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

!! I haven't had that problem on junk yard with the new code .. have you tried re-flashing?

Put some more time on it. I mean the backglass mode where you pick something for your jolopy I think on the old code you never got to see it you just picked blindly. On this it backs out of cabinet mode.. I forget what you hafta do to light that mode but it happened twice in a row.

#877 11 days ago

Goodness, I'm sorry to hear that! I've had that "zoom out" back glass junk select a few times since updating (admittedly, only a handful of times). I've hit both flippers, the junk gets acquired and then it "zooms" back in to play in progress... Does it happen for you every time you hit that event, i.e. has the event ever completed/resolved since the update, or does it crash for you any time it's ever hit that?

#878 11 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Goodness, I'm sorry to hear that! I've had that "zoom out" back glass junk select a few times since updating (admittedly, only a handful of times). I've hit both flippers, the junk gets acquired and then it "zooms" back in to play in progress... Does it happen for you every time you hit that event, i.e. has the event ever completed/resolved since the update, or does it crash for you any time it's ever hit that?

great question i played it after the update and got pretty far but I assumed i didn't hit the (window shopping) at all during that game. If your saying you have been through the mode and it worked maybe it was just bad luck but yeah i immediately went back in and it happened again in that mode twice in a row. I played it on my phone this morning successfully but that's completely different I assume. I'll try it tonight again and let you know. Maybe I'll do the old unplug it and plug it in trick like every tech from Nigeria will tell me to do..lol

#879 11 days ago

Ok just tried it today after unplugging and successfully got to window shopping and returned to game play without issue! Hopefully it was just a weird glitch never to return. Pleasantly surprised

#880 10 days ago

Too soon20211005_211436 (resized).jpg

#881 10 days ago
    Quoted from BlakeWI:

Too soon[quoted image]

Ugh... I'm sorry. Yeah, perhaps try re downloading the update and re-flashing? My first thought is that maybe there was a glitch in either the download or the install?

#882 10 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Ugh... I'm sorry. Yeah, perhaps try re downloading the update and re-flashing? My first thought is that maybe there was a glitch in either the download or the install?

Yeah that's possible..or it's just like the old ghost nudge that not everyone had the same issues on every machine. Might just have to deal with it cuz I doubt there is another code update coming that would fix this or other unseen software bugs. No big deal

There are 882 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside