(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
    #751 2 years ago

Anyone have idea why arcade1up would deliberately sit on the patch rather than release it? Seems an odd direction to go...

#752 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Anyone have idea why arcade1up would deliberately sit on the patch rather than release it? Seems an odd direction to go...

Yeah very odd and frustrating for sure.

#753 2 years ago

To make room for Halloween I’m selling my stranger things arcade game and my one up afm.
    $500 for the afm. Played a couple times.
    Message me. I’ll donate to pinside.

#754 2 years ago

Other - For Sale
    “Played a couple times. It’s basically brand new. $450 picked up. Priced to move Making room for another pin is all. Small space here.”
    2021-08-14
    Dixon, IL
    400 (Firm)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 376 times

#755 2 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Other - For Sale

Arcade 1-up. Attack from Mars

New!

“Played a couple times. It’s basically brand new.
    $450 picked up. Priced to move
    Making room for another pin is all. Small space here.”

1 day ago

Dixon, IL

450 (Firm)

coasterguy

Damn if this was local I would grab it tonight!

1 week later
    #756 2 years ago

So I finally got around to assembling my A1Up Williams. I have to say, I'm really pleased! I think my expectations were managed by some of the earlier posts, and not having much experience with virtual pins, I was pleasantly surprised! I managed to get mine before the price jump, so all in all, I'm happy for the price I got it for, cheers!

I'm guessing, though, there's no way to change the in-game settings, like number of balls per game? (All I'm seeing are adjustments for display options.)

Also, has anyone thrown led flipper buttons onto theirs?

#757 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I have to say, I'm really pleased!
    Also, has anyone thrown led flipper buttons onto theirs?

So, you haven’t tried Whitewater?

I upgraded my flipper buttons to actual arcade buttons, moved the solenoids to the apron, and replaced the plexiglass with tempered glass. For $30 it’s total worth making those upgrades.

#758 2 years ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

So, you haven’t tried Whitewater?
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bdbd9457731f00c535e6f562b70910490169747a-1629800269-1800"};
    //]]>

I upgraded my flipper buttons to actual arcade buttons, moved the solenoids to the apron, and replaced the plexiglass with tempered glass. For $30 it’s total worth making those upgrades.

Cheers, thx! I did get tempered glass, but want to do the haptics mod tonight before putting the glass on, thx! Thanks for the advice, I'll follow up on flipper buttons.

Interestingly, I did try white water just to see how awful it actually was... I was actually able to play it for a bit, and only ran into some glitchy problems when I ended up in a two-ball multiball. I suspect my lack of any experience with actual standard/higher end virtual pinball (save a single game of Data East Star Trek 25th in the virtual pin at PBHoF) probably biases me in favor of this machine. In this regard (and likely others as well) I fall under the umbrella of ignorance being bliss.

Cheers and thanks again!

1 week later
    #759 2 years ago

I picked up an AFM last weekend and finally got a chance to play last night. Two questions one is there any way to make the back legs higher like we obviously do on a real pin or do I just need to stand closer to the screen and adjust my playing stance since everything would be flat? Not a biggy just wondering. Second question is there an adjustment for the noise the flippers make after you hit them as I noticed it’s about a second or two delay until you hear the normal noise from the flippers? I see you can turn solenoids off or on in the adjustments menu.

#760 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

I picked up an AFM last weekend and finally got a chance to play last night. Two questions one is there any way to make the back legs higher like we obviously do on a real pin or do I just need to stand closer to the screen and adjust my playing stance since everything would be flat? Not a biggy just wondering. Second question is there an adjustment for the noise the flippers make after you hit them as I noticed it’s about a second or two delay until you hear the normal noise from the flippers? I see you can turn solenoids off or on in the adjustments menu.

Read my earlier posts, as that is my biggest gripe with this machine. No way to adjust this, but fingers crossed it will be fixed in the patch once it’s released.

#761 2 years ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

Read my earlier posts, as that is my biggest gripe with this machine. No way to adjust this, but fingers crossed it will be fixed in the patch once it’s released.

Thanks I read back through the majority of your posts on this and other things. Good information and agreed with you the late flipper noise is very annoying. I'll try to tune my mind out of listening for it all the time.

#762 2 years ago

Anyone want a brand new assembled afm? 2 hours west of downtown Chicago.
    $450
    I’ll dontate to pinside.

#763 2 years ago
    Quoted from noysboy:

I just went through lightly, then heavily modding one of these, since I couldnt deal with the flipper lag and wanted more tables.
    1) started off with the stock Arcade1UP AFM
    2) Replaced the CPU unit with a Windows PC - needed a ldvs adapater board. (ebay.com link: itm)
    3) added a 21.5" lcd monitor for backglass (amazon.com link »)
    This all worked well. Used pinup popper to install VPX and games played great! NO perceptible lag with the stock 24" display.
    4) replaced the 24" playfield monitor with a 1080p 31.5" monitor (amazon.com link »)
    This took some cabinet mods to support it, but it just barely fits and looks great.
    I still need to get a piece of tempered glass, but everything is up and running and total cost for everything (not including the PC, since I already had that laying around), was right at $1.1K. Figure maybe $500 for a PC and its a nice little Virtual pin for the game room.
    Of course, it was a lot of work...certainly not plug 'n play

Can you put any of the virtual pins on it such as the 50th Bond game and Goonies?

#764 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Damn if this was local I would grab it tonight!

Saw some of your modded arcade cabinets, any chance you may get into modding their pins like someone did earlier in thread?

#765 2 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Saw some of your modded arcade cabinets, any chance you may get into modding their pins like someone did earlier in thread?

I’d like to get into doing them next year. Have too many video mods I want to do first and Christmas mad rush is right around the corner. Spending my down time breaking down the pins in my work room and organizing to make it a work room again. Last year I was building games in my game room. Man I really need a garage.

#766 2 years ago

buy AtGames Lengends pinball If you wanna
    play VpX tables on it. it has usb for Pc Hookup

1 week later
    #767 2 years ago

Patch updates are available

DE6F7867-1EEA-4389-B0B8-F9B02562E644 (resized).jpegDE6F7867-1EEA-4389-B0B8-F9B02562E644 (resized).jpeg
    #768 2 years ago
    Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

[quoted image]

Great News. How hard is it to update?

#769 2 years ago

idk if anyone in here is interested but im selling my Toyshock haunted house. Bought it for the kids but they never touch it and I have the real deal for me, PM me if interested

#770 2 years ago

[quoted image]

NIIIIIICE Thanks for the heads-up!

I imagine this still won't stop AFM from kicking my ass as usual, however.

#771 2 years ago

Updated the firmware without incident... Whitewater and Junkyard are vastly improved... That's as far as I've gotten for now...

#772 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It's not bad. You'll need a PC or laptop that can connect to the PCB through the removable panel in the back using a microUSB cable... Then download the patch and a small software interface, and just follow the PDF instructions. Took me maybe 10 minutes in all...

#773 2 years ago

New video on YouTube. You can load the games from all three tables on any table. Just not all at one time.

#774 2 years ago

Does the update fix the lag?

#775 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

It's not bad. You'll need a PC or laptop that can connect to the PCB through the removable panel in the back using a microUSB cable... Then download the patch and a small software interface, and just follow the PDF instructions. Took me maybe 10 minutes in all...

Thank you. That's great information.
    So, it's different than updating sterns and colordmd,which is just a usb stick.

#776 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thank you. That's great information.
    So, it's different than updating sterns and colordmd,which is just a usb stick.

Yeah... I was hoping for a USB plug and play, but it definitely wasn't designed quite for that, apparently. Still, a few hoops, but nothing insurmountable.

chillme - Yes, the lag in White Water definitely resolved, at least for me. *WHEW* (Thanks to OutlawTorn304 for the heads-up about the patch release!)

#777 2 years ago

The apparent fixes. There is also an easy to follow instructional video on how to update the software here --

AFM (resized).jpgAFM (resized).jpg
    #778 2 years ago

Just a heads up, apparently you can load the wrong update and actually play the other games. May want to google it.

#779 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

New video on YouTube. You can load the games from all three tables on any table. Just not all at one time.

any idea if you can backup what's on their now so you keep high scores? Say I wanted to swap back and forth between Star Wars and Marvel, for example, but keep high scores. Anyone tried it?

#780 2 years ago

Copied from another post. I don’t have a game so can’t test this.

“ Can confirm working, plug in pc the way a1up instructs you, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. there is a usb driver that you have to load. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2 , then option 1, then install the 3 table packs, then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back. And you got all 30”

#781 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

any idea if you can backup what's on their now so you keep high scores? Say I wanted to swap back and forth between Star Wars and Marvel, for example, but keep high scores. Anyone tried it?

See my post above. Sounds like this one can install all 30 games.

#782 2 years ago

I tested this last night. There is not enough room to store all 30 tables. I have the Marvel tables on the AFM currently and everything works as it should. I grabbed all files so I can switch back and forth with the laptop.

#783 2 years ago

Great news!!! So pumped!! Arcade mojo just to clarify are you saying we can have all 30 games loaded up and accessible all at once on AFM?? That would be pretty dang cool

#784 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

I tested this last night. There is not enough room to store all 30 tables. I have the Marvel tables on the AFM currently and everything works as it should. I grabbed all files so I can switch back and forth with the laptop.

Ahhh I see. Thanks! So you can only have 10 at a time installed I guess?

#785 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Ahhh I see. Thanks! So you can only have 10 at a time installed I guess?

I didn’t try 20. You might have to customize
    Something to get it to work correctly. Not my image but someone claims to have it working. I had to uninstall drivers on my PC to get it to transfer.

FFA0B7DF-2E2C-4F4E-B603-224F5C3D7BDC (resized).pngFFA0B7DF-2E2C-4F4E-B603-224F5C3D7BDC (resized).png
    #786 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

Something to get it to work correctly. Not my image but someone claims to have it working. I had to uninstall drivers on my PC to get it to transfer.
    [quoted image]

Interesting. Thanks!

#787 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

[quoted image]

Did you try doing the way I copied this morning?
    “ Can confirm working, plug in pc the way a1up instructs you, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. there is a usb driver that you have to load. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2 , then option 1, then install the 3 table packs, then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back. And you got all 30”

#788 2 years ago

More info. Once you load all three packs.
    Flippers will select between apks. Then launch ball to select. Table will load the APK for the table you choose, then you just select which of the 10 you wanna play. Turn it off and next power up brings you back to the launcher menu to pick your set of tables

#790 2 years ago

That’s cool but I have no idea where he got the installer.
    Edit: found on zerobin if anyone wants to try it and report back. https://0bin.net/paste/jbS7pwuN#Dw7GV58Cf2Dk4GupOxDZxieX3FeEciPTEzoONpTGFww

#791 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kderrick:

That’s cool but I have no idea where he got the installer.
    Edit: found on zerobin if anyone wants to try it and report back. https://0bin.net/paste/jbS7pwuN#Dw7GV58Cf2Dk4GupOxDZxieX3FeEciPTEzoONpTGFww

Not sure if this is the one.
    https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=baller_installer

#792 2 years ago

Some more info I copied from facebook. Personally don't understand a word of it. We need to get some software.code people in here LOL.

Got it up and running with all tables.
    Here is a summary of what worked for me Download the files, Download powershell if you dont have it, run powershell command prompt as admin, go to your directory where your files are located, run the baller.ps1 file. the command i used to run it was .\baller.ps1 There are many options listed, but first you want it to download the tables options 12-14. When it does this it download the images and will create the .apk files that it needs for install. You can do all of this before you ever connect your pcb. At this point should have the files you downloaded plus the 3 apks. now plug in pc the way a1up instructs you from their youtube video, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. before continuing, there is a usb driver that you have to load for the flash to take called zadig 2.5. in the zadig app you find your pinball pcb, it will show up as unknown usb device, and click install driver. this install takes about 5 mins. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2, which gets pcb ready for programming, then option 1 which sets up the script, then install the 3 table packs, options 3, 4, 5 then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back and it will now boot to your new gui. And you got all 30 tables. in summary the little program goes out to arcade 1up, downloads their images, converts them into APKs, puts the pcb into programming mode, removes a few unneeded files to make space for all 3 table packs, installs the gui and all 3 packs onto the pcb, and then you are done. ( i installed the 3 table packs not running powershell as admin)

#793 2 years ago

Looks like it's time to pick one if these up.

#794 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Some more info I copied from facebook. Personally don't understand a word of it. We need to get some software.code people in here LOL.
    Got it up and running with all tables.
    Here is a summary of what worked for me Download the files, Download powershell if you dont have it, run powershell command prompt as admin, go to your directory where your files are located, run the baller.ps1 file. the command i used to run it was .\baller.ps1 There are many options listed, but first you want it to download the tables options 12-14. When it does this it download the images and will create the .apk files that it needs for install. You can do all of this before you ever connect your pcb. At this point should have the files you downloaded plus the 3 apks. now plug in pc the way a1up instructs you from their youtube video, flip the switch on the bottom of pcb, power on the pinball with pc connected. before continuing, there is a usb driver that you have to load for the flash to take called zadig 2.5. in the zadig app you find your pinball pcb, it will show up as unknown usb device, and click install driver. this install takes about 5 mins. Then you run the baller.ps1 file again, run option 2, which gets pcb ready for programming, then option 1 which sets up the script, then install the 3 table packs, options 3, 4, 5 then your done. Unplug everything flip switch back and it will now boot to your new gui. And you got all 30 tables. in summary the little program goes out to arcade 1up, downloads their images, converts them into APKs, puts the pcb into programming mode, removes a few unneeded files to make space for all 3 table packs, installs the gui and all 3 packs onto the pcb, and then you are done. ( i installed the 3 table packs not running powershell as admin)

Wow!! Thanks so much arcademojo. This is just crazy. I have to get on this before A1up puts a stop to it somehow lol. I really like my AFM A1up pin this will just be icing on the cake with Whitewater AND the 20 others!!

#795 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Wow!! Thanks so much arcademojo. This is just crazy. I have to get on this before A1up puts a stop to it somehow lol. I really like my AFM A1up pin this will just be icing on the cake with Whitewater AND the 20 others!!

Go to their site and download the patch for all 3 tables before they fix it. They know about.

#796 2 years ago

Best Buy has them on sale for $750, may pick-up the Star Wars one at the lower price.

#797 2 years ago

Ok who bought the AFM pin off Phoenix craigslist? You barely beat me

#798 2 years ago

Kongs r us on YouTube is supposed to be doing a full tutorial later this weekend. I don't care for the digital games however I haven't done the update yet to attack so if its easy maybe I'll add the others the kids may enjoy them.

#799 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ok who bought the AFM pin off Phoenix craigslist? You barely beat me

I’d imagine they are gonna be hard to snag now that the update and hack are out.

#800 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I’d imagine they are gonna be hard to snag now that the update and hack are out.

Yea I'm kicking myself for not snagging this weeks ago at 750 ( Private seller) with tempered glass. I had been tracking that pin for awhile, waiting for word on the update. The price was lowered online, so I checked this ad again and tried to buy. I ended up ordering off of Bestbuy and hope they don't fix this before next week. I have the 3 patches saved to my computer. Now just need this pin!

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.