(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.
    #601 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

It runs on an Android SOC. The screen is 1080p but the hardware can only run it at 720p. I have played lots of Pinball Arcade, and other Android and IPhone pin all and never seen such lag. Bottom line they chose bottom of the barrel hardware specs and thats why it likely lags.

Arcade 1up video games have horrible lag. Not sure why anyone expected the pins to be different. I'm also not sure why there's such a passionate community for these things. Do the people actually play them, or just like seeing them set up in a room?

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Arcade 1up video games have horrible lag. Not sure why anyone expected the pins to be different. I'm also not sure why there's such a passionate community for these things. Do the people actually play them, or just like seeing them set up in a room?

I havent played any Arcade 1ups. I just knos the xbox version are cool for what they are. The software is responsive and no lag with with a controller. I guess i hoped the hardware would be sufficient.

#603 3 years ago

I've been watching Best Buy daily for Attack From Mars to go from Coming Soon to Available. Checked this morning and now it says Sold Out. Guess I missed an overnight window. ‍Hopefully they decide to make more because it's obvious that the demand is there.

#604 3 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I've been watching Best Buy daily for Attack From Mars to go from Coming Soon to Available. Checked this morning and now it says Sold Out. Guess I missed an overnight window. ‍Hopefully they decide to make more because it's obvious that the demand is there.

With all the global supply issues they only release so many at a time. I've seen them available a couple of times and sold out an hour or two later. It's just the luck of the draw when you check. Also there are many scalpers buying them and flipping on Ebay at a grand. Sucks I know.

#605 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

With all the global supply issues they only release so many at a time. I've seen them available a couple of times and sold out an hour or two later. It's just the luck of the draw when you check. Also there are many scalpers buying them and flipping on Ebay at a grand. Sucks I know.

The scalping has begun on pinside too!
    I don't see how they couldn't make more.

Other - For Sale
    “Completely forgot I even pre ordered this thing until I received the shipment notification this week. It's expected to arrive 4/23. I no longer want it as I bought a new VR syste...”
    2021-04-23
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Archived after: 12 days
    Viewed: 280 times

#606 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The scalping has begun on pinside too!
    I don't see how they couldn't make more.

Other - For Sale

Attack From Mars - Arcade1Up Virtual Pinball

New!

“Completely forgot I even pre ordered this thing until I received the shipment notification this week. It's expected to arrive 4/23. I no longer want it as I bought a new VR syste...”

1 day ago

Pittsburgh, PA

delt31

1100 and they want you to pay the shipping. LMAO.

#607 3 years ago

I think ill sell mine too

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I think ill sell mine too

Does it lag?

#609 3 years ago

Not sure... i kno wh20 is apparently dogshit and was one of the reasons i bought in.

#610 3 years ago

Secured my Arcade1Up Attack From Mars machine (AU$1,199). Definitely looking forward to it, as it was an easy choice once my wife found out Fish Tales & MM machines were included.

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not sure... i kno wh20 is apparently dogshit and was one of the reasons i bought in.

That sucks. No point in buying if the hardware isnt there to support it.

#612 3 years ago

Just got my Attack from Mars and I have to say I'm really disappointed. As people have said Whitewater is unplayable but the other tables work without any lag I could notice. However the screen is really small, its washed out and the signal is only 720P so lots of pixels and hard to see what's going on. Solenoids are barely noticeable and frankly I'd be fine without them. I have the Atgames Legends Pinball table and I was hoping for basically the same gameplay experience but the Attack from Mars is significantly worse. I'll be adding a PC to my Atgames to play the Williams tables via FX3 and will be getting rid of the Arcade1up.

#613 3 years ago

If you got to sell Attack From Mars, let me know. I’ve been looking for one

#614 3 years ago

Ill have my afm arcade1up tomorrow.
    Ill list after i recieve for around 1k, pickup only.

#615 3 years ago

Why not just hold off buying one? iam sure the company will make changes and improvements and will put out another phase of machines. I would rather have the AtGames VP machine since you can hook up a pc to play the VPX tables or Fx tables etc.. iam holding off on Atgames till they put out new updated machines.. save your money folks.

#616 2 years ago

Well, I was lucky enough to find an Arcade1UP AFM. Decent little setup for the price, but the flipper lag is a real bummer and really kills the experience. The solenoids are barely noticeable. I plan to do the mod to move them to underneath the apron, which should help.

The flipper buttons are cheap and don’t push back enough, but maybe can be swapped out for real ones. I don’t think there’s much that can be done to fix the flipper lag though.

Hopefully, they release some kind of update to fix the lag. I do like that the dmd color changes based on which player is playing - P1 red, P2 green, P3 blue, P4 yellow.

UPDATE: I unplugged the accelerometer (2 inch green board) and it lessened the flipper lag a lot. Still there, but a lot more playable now. Unfortunately no nudge, until they come out with an update.

#617 2 years ago

The little one is loving it!

White Water is unplayable due to lag, but honestly, the rest of the games were fine. The build quality surpassed my expectations by a long margin - feels solid & looks amazing.

The four solenoids do an admirable job & add to the ‘realism’. The 23.8” playfield sounds like it would be too small, but again, it looks bigger than that when playing on it.

If the screen was 1080p & this was upgradable (to add more games), then I would’ve scored it 9/10. As it is, it’s a solid 7.5/10.

PS: I’ve reached out to their PR/Marketing team regarding future upgrades/features & fixes like fixing White Water via a patch, internet connectivity & being able to purchase / add more content (sussing out if they are planning an App Store setup to buy more content). No reply so far.

2E408006-16D1-4705-871F-3E42C09D7309 (resized).jpeg2E408006-16D1-4705-871F-3E42C09D7309 (resized).jpeg51DBF87A-7486-484A-AE76-D7B38411F824 (resized).jpeg51DBF87A-7486-484A-AE76-D7B38411F824 (resized).jpeg7D70BCEE-DF15-4C6C-9E3E-513B786371A8 (resized).jpeg7D70BCEE-DF15-4C6C-9E3E-513B786371A8 (resized).jpeg
    #618 2 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

White Water is unplayable due to lag, but honestly, the rest of the games were fine. The build quality surpassed my expectations by a long margin - feels solid & looks amazing.
    The four solenoids do an admirable job & add to the ‘realism’. The 23.8” playfield sounds like it would be too small, but again, it looks bigger than that when playing on it.
    If the screen was 1080p & this was upgradable (to add more games), then I would’ve scored it 9/10. As it is, it’s a solid 7.5/10.
    PS: I’ve reached out to their PR/Marketing team regarding future upgrades/features & fixes like fixing White Water via a patch, internet connectivity & being able to purchase / add more content (sussing out if they are planning an App Store setup to buy more content). No reply so far.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can't believe how hard these things are to get.
    Edit- Ordered just now.

#619 2 years ago

PS: I’ve reached out to their PR/Marketing team regarding future upgrades/features & fixes like fixing White Water via a patch, internet connectivity & being able to purchase / add more content (sussing out if they are planning an App Store setup to buy more content). No reply so far.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome looking forward to picking mine up next week at Best Buy. Question are the feet the same size as a regular pin that we could use pin shoes on them?

#620 2 years ago

I just ordered the AFM virtual pin to go with our Marvel. The kids have a game room full of arcade 1up stuff and have a blast. I’ve got my full size games and my pin in the lower section of garage

#621 2 years ago

My wife waited for months for her Marvel to show up. We both are disappointed with flipper lag and now it just sits and collects dust in our living room.

#623 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I’m still a little skeptical but decided to give it a shot.

#624 2 years ago

Thanks for heads up.

Quoted from BradLinden:

Thanks for the heads up! I’m still a little skeptical but decided to give it a shot.

Im on the same boat as you.
    I wonder if it will actually show up.
    Wonder if this will only be available for a few hours?

#625 2 years ago

Sold out again. Hopefully it shows up for everyone that wants to give it a try.

#626 2 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

It was live for about 24 hours.

#627 2 years ago

Just got notification that mine shipped today

#628 2 years ago
    Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Just got notification that mine shipped today

Same here, i ordered 1.

Quoted from NYG:

Still live here in so cal. 930 pm Pacific.

#629 2 years ago

Got ahold of one. Suppose to be able to pick it up at the store on Thursday. Fingers crossed I dont get the best buy cancellation email.

#630 2 years ago

Just got done putting together my Star Wars version and played it for about 30 minutes, here’s my initial impressions

The good

- No flipper lag that I noticed. This was probably my biggest concern seeing some of the other comments
    - Sturdy and well built, took about an hour to put together (you do have to assemble the back box, most of the time was spent here)
    - Surprisingly good sound from the puny speakers. Loud and clear
    - Easy to navigate menus
    - Good looking cabinet, simple, but good
    - The Haptic Touch flippers are pretty decent and the solenoids add just enough, although a touch more response would be better

The bad

- Playfield is small. The recessed screen and the large blank void at the bottom make it feel even smaller
    - Flat graphics. I was expecting the 3D look of the Zen tables that I have on my computer, but this isn’t even close. Some pretty jagged edges to be be found as well. This is probably the biggest issue I have with it so far
    - Some of the finishing touches aren’t great. A decent amount of minor blemishes pretty much everywhere on the cabinet and backbox. I’m not sure if it was the packaging or a production flaw, but the “lockdown bar” has a bunch of uniformly shaped scuffs that won’t buff out (at least not with elbow grease). The weld on the inside of one of my legs was slightly off as well and it took a bit of finagling to get it attached

Overall, it’s fun but I’m not sure it’s a keeper. If you’ve got kids, I think they would love it, but it feels like something I’m going to bore of fairly quickly. Granted I’ve only played for 30 minutes so far, but I’m just not sure I can get past the flat graphics, it actually gives me a bit of a headache. I’ll update if I think of anything else

2592A61B-8713-4888-A218-D432364DE89A (resized).jpeg2592A61B-8713-4888-A218-D432364DE89A (resized).jpeg69481DB9-B24B-4CF6-BCF7-00A716176C87 (resized).jpeg69481DB9-B24B-4CF6-BCF7-00A716176C87 (resized).jpeg8B56FC62-1DC5-4D6A-8B46-AB70E775ECCB (resized).jpeg8B56FC62-1DC5-4D6A-8B46-AB70E775ECCB (resized).jpeg9DCBB46D-F8CC-469E-B733-B1C84DF614DA (resized).jpeg9DCBB46D-F8CC-469E-B733-B1C84DF614DA (resized).jpegF4CEDBC6-708A-4DC6-939D-6DAC0017E354 (resized).jpegF4CEDBC6-708A-4DC6-939D-6DAC0017E354 (resized).jpeg
    #631 2 years ago

What type of power source does the Arcade1Up pinball use? They do not sell Arcade1Up pinball machines in Finland and as we here use 230 V, 50 Hz, so how easy it would be to take a Arcade1UP pinball bought from US into usage here?

Also, anyone modded the Arcade1Up to include a computer and a bigger playfield screen and use Kinect/BAM for 3D? Does it make sense with that kind of a smaller screen?

Thanks for any info!

#632 2 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Just got done putting together my Star Wars version and played it for about 30 minutes, here’s my initial impressions
    The good
    - No flipper lag that I noticed. This was probably my biggest concern seeing some of the other comments
    - Sturdy and well built, took about an hour to put together (you do have to assemble the back box, most of the time was spent here)
    - Surprisingly good sound from the puny speakers. Loud and clear
    - Easy to navigate menus
    - Good looking cabinet, simple, but good
    - The Haptic Touch flippers are pretty decent and the solenoids add just enough, although a touch more response would be better
    The bad
    - Playfield is small. The recessed screen and the large blank void at the bottom make it feel even smaller
    - Flat graphics. I was expecting the 3D look of the Zen tables that I have on my computer, but this isn’t even close. Some pretty jagged edges to be be found as well. This is probably the biggest issue I have with it so far
    - Some of the finishing touches aren’t great. A decent amount of minor blemishes pretty much everywhere on the cabinet and backbox. I’m not sure if it was the packaging or a production flaw, but the “lockdown bar” has a bunch of uniformly shaped scuffs that won’t buff out (at least not with elbow grease). The weld on the inside of one of my legs was slightly off as well and it took a bit of finagling to get it attached
    Overall, it’s fun but I’m not sure it’s a keeper. If you’ve got kids, I think they would love it, but it feels like something I’m going to bore of fairly quickly. Granted I’ve only played for 30 minutes so far, but I’m just not sure I can get past the flat graphics, it actually gives me a bit of a headache. I’ll update if I think of anything else
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would put a ticket in for a new lockdown bar. That’s not how it’s supposed to look. LOL

#633 2 years ago

Seconded, definitely raise a suppprt ticket - those scuffs should not be there!

#634 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

What type of power source does the Arcade1Up pinball use? They do not sell Arcade1Up pinball machines in Finland and as we here use 230 V, 50 Hz, so how easy it would be to take a Arcade1UP pinball bought from US into usage here?
    Also, anyone modded the Arcade1Up to include a computer and a bigger playfield screen and use Kinect/BAM for 3D? Does it make sense with that kind of a smaller screen?
    Thanks for any info!

Hack / mod has been done - check out this vid

Also, there are quite a few Euro stockists of Arcade1Up products, why don’t you check them out before buying from the US. Stockists details -> https://arcade1up.com/pages/retailers

PS: We use 240V / 50Hz in Australia too.

#635 2 years ago

Hack / mod has been done - check out this vid
    Also, there are quite a few Euro stockists of Arcade1Up products, why don’t you check them out before buying from the US. Stockists details -> https://arcade1up.com/pages/retailers
    PS: We use 240V / 50Hz in Australia too.

Thanks for the tip! It seems that the distributors in EU do not have the Arcade1Up pinball machines yet. It would be good if the Arcade1UP would include a little bit more info regarding their machines on the website: what kind of power source, what is the playfield display resolution etc.

#636 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the tip! It seems that the distributors in EU do not have the Arcade1Up pinball machines yet. It would be good if the Arcade1UP would include a little bit more info regarding their machines on the website: what kind of power source, what is the playfield display resolution etc.

Resolution is 1280 x 720 pixels. It’s HD, not Full HD.

#637 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Still live here in so cal. 930 pm Pacific.

That is strange... does Best Buy site have cookies to know location and east coast is sold out but not west coast ?

Is it still available now on the west coast?

#638 2 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

That is strange... does Best Buy site have cookies to know location and east coast is sold out but not west coast ?

Still

Quoted from NYG:

Almost 11 am on sat 5/8. Still available, pick up on 15th-18th.
    I can only assume they are dumped in san pedro or long beach ports. Then slowly make their way cross country by train/freight.
    Perhaps that 1 c container on east coast all got purchased? I think there will be plenty and east coast will get tons more.

#639 2 years ago

Just got this vpin last week thru Best Buy.

My honest review

The cab is a 9/10 on artwork. Looks good, and scaled to size of an actual pinball machine.

Gameplay.It sucks.The 24" screen is too small.The pinball is the size of a marble.The flippers are the size
    of popsicle sticks.720p is lacking,washed out and little 3D depth.

600 is cheap for a vpin.

Will mod in the future.

#640 2 years ago

Hey @nepi23, here is the power supply (Australian version)

BF16D4BB-DC26-4F73-B045-1DA27EFF1BE5 (resized).jpegBF16D4BB-DC26-4F73-B045-1DA27EFF1BE5 (resized).jpeg
    #641 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Awesome looking forward to picking mine up next week at Best Buy. Question are the feet the same size as a regular pin that we could use pin shoes on them?

They are a tad wider, but my pin shoes still fit on it (just stretched them a bit to make them fit snuggly).

8FE6D27C-0D71-43D3-9625-3A5C5B7D690B (resized).jpeg8FE6D27C-0D71-43D3-9625-3A5C5B7D690B (resized).jpeg
    #642 2 years ago

Sounds like this thing is a waist of money. Better off spending it on a true Virtual cab that has 600+ games in 4k with all the force feedback. I'm having a blast trying to get through them all. Unfortunately these manufactures are ruining the experience for many to make a buck when Virtual will take over in 5 years. Its a failed attempt at pinball by people who no little about it.

#643 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Sounds like this thing is a waist of money. Better off spending it on a true Virtual cab that has 600+ games in 4k with all the force feedback. I'm having a blast trying to get through them all. Unfortunately these manufactures are ruining the experience for many to make a buck when Virtual will take over in 5 years. Its a failed attempt at pinball by people who no little about it.

NO.... They play good for their price and fun to play. I'm NOT spending thousands of dollars on a game that isn't a real pinball machine and I'm not building one.

#644 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Disagree. While it’s not real pinball, it is still a lot of fun. I can’t afford to have a real Medieval Madness or Attack From Mars. There is also nowhere near me to play and enjoy these games. For $600 I can have them both and at least make the best of it. We have the Marvel virtual pin already and the AFM will be here this week. While not my go to, they serve a purpose and really are fun to play. They do have some lag but you get used to it pretty quick.

#645 2 years ago

why waste your money on the Arcade1Up they can stick to making arcades. you want a Good decent virtual. the Legends AtGames virtual pinball is the way to go. I have a custom built virtual I spent $5000 on It would have been great if these companies would look at the Experts in the hobby that built their machines and follow their expertise on building a decent suitable machine. Iam waiting on Atgames to come out in future a even better machine.

#646 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:NO.... They play good for their price and fun to play. I'm NOT spending thousands of dollars on a game that isn't a real pinball machine and I'm not building one.

Curious why you wouldnt spend thousands on a really good virtual pin that you can buy? Sure you will loose money if you sell it but I don't know why you would with all the games on it. I got an excellent one and its worth more than a new pin in my book. No repairs!
    I think the problem with convincing pinball players is the fact it depreciates like any arcade game. Pinball people stick to mechanical games because its an investment also.

#647 2 years ago

great point Viggin900. Virtual won't replace real pinball. but I would rather spend the money on a virtual and play 100s of tables then buy one machine for 8 or 10 grand that plays one game that will get tiresome after awhile. I own 13 pinball machines but the upkeep and maintenance is quite spendy and moving machines in and out of the house is a pain. I wanna have a new virtual built. I would sell mine for $2,000

#648 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Curious why you wouldnt spend thousands on a really good virtual pin that you can buy? Sure you will loose money if you sell it but I don't know why you would with all the games on it. I got an excellent one and its worth more than a new pin in my book. No repairs!
    I think the problem with convincing pinball players is the fact it depreciates like any arcade game. Pinball people stick to mechanical games because its an investment also.

Because I can now buy an Arcade1up for a couple hundred to play the games I want to.

#649 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Because I can now buy an Arcade1up for a couple hundred to play the games I want to.

If you end up liking it you can spend thousands on one that plays 650+ of these without the lag.

20210413_141458 (resized).jpg20210413_141458 (resized).jpg
    #650 2 years ago

here's my machine. also for sale if interested.

IMG_20150409_212943_434 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_212943_434 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213901_288 (resized).jpgIMG_20150409_213901_288 (resized).jpgIMG_20150915_020253357 (resized).jpgIMG_20150915_020253357 (resized).jpgIMG_20150917_021708582 (resized).jpgIMG_20150917_021708582 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/13?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.