(Topic ID: 258782)

Arcade1UP Pinball Virtual Pinball - Star Wars, Marvel and Attack From Mars.

By arcademojo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,214 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20231101_122144_Gallery (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    80CCE496-6D56-428A-A246-AED60ADE2672 (resized).jpeg
    4B6DA679-317D-4218-92B8-0E52DCA82A5A (resized).jpeg
    50A25EF2-1BE7-42B6-9AAE-378466156326 (resized).jpeg
    SmartSelectImage_2022-07-12-01-18-34 (resized).png
    20220602_232413 (resized).jpg
    20220531_223029 (resized).jpg
    20220531_222612 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231559 (resized).jpg
    20220530_231303 (resized).jpg
    20220530_214951 (resized).jpg
    zendmd (resized).png
    settings (resized).jpg
    PINBALLARcade (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.
    #551 3 years ago

VPCabs makes them and they are around 2 hours from you. The classic is around $5500 and you can add/change options.
    https://virtualpinball.com/products/classic?variant=18666804359

Quoted from Dantesmark:

I would pay 5 or 6k if someone would build one that has no lag... i would have to play it first tho.
    Any leads within 2 hours of louisville?

#553 3 years ago

Lots of chatter over the last several days on Reddit's Arcade 1up page. Some interesting reading.

Here's another review.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/lvs1fk/marvel_pinball_initial_thoughts/

#554 3 years ago

I just purchased one of these an hour north from cincy. It has everything. What I've learned about Virtual Pinball is go big or go home. This small stuff will disapoint you or you will like it so much you will upgrade.
    https://www.recroomworld.com/UltraVP_Info.html

#555 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Great review! Thx
    Ps any chance u could do a top down of the flippers and ur hands hitting the buttons to see how bad the lag is?

Dantesmark This video shows this at 9 minutes in

#556 3 years ago

Very thorough review in that video. Think what stood out to me the most now is the graphics and the grainy look to the characters. The lag didn’t look bad from the flippers which was good to see, but if the graphics are a big set back like he mentioned I’m probably more off the fence then over it at this point. Anyone else have thoughts on the graphics in this virtual pin?

#557 3 years ago

I like these and if I were to buy one I would get the AFM version, but as with the arcade cabinets, the first generation cabinets were not as high quality as the 2nd and 3rd generations. I feel a lot of the shortfalls of the Arcade 1up pins will be improved in later generations. That being said if a good deal pops up ($300 or less) on a AFM version down the road I might pick one up...if not I’ll see what the later versions bring. No FOMO for me on this.

#558 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I like these and if I were to buy one I would get the AFM version, but as with the arcade cabinets, the first generation cabinets were not as high quality as the 2nd and 3rd generations. I feel a lot of the shortfalls of the Arcade 1up pins will be improved in later generations. That being said if a good deal pops up ($300 or less) on a AFM version down the road I might pick one up...if not I’ll see what the later versions bring. No FOMO for me on this.

I've been aware of the Arcade 1up machines for awhile but have never been interested in their cabs until now with the AFM machine. Some of the threads on Reddit note quite a bit of mods to their other cabinets which are expected to pop up for the pinball machines as well. My impression is that this includes performance mods. Anyone have experience with these A1up "mods" in the past.

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

I've been aware of the Arcade 1up machines for awhile but have never been interested in their cabs until now with the AFM machine. Some of the threads on Reddit note quite a bit of mods to their other cabinets which are expected to pop up for the pinball machines as well. My impression is that this includes performance mods. Anyone have experience with these A1up "mods" in the past.

Here’s a couple videos of people starting to mod the pinball. Those 3 YouTuber’s cover the modding the best IMO...check their videos tab to find more videos. The second cooltoy video shows a easy way to add a monitor into the backglass area.

#560 3 years ago

Walmart has Marvel available on their web site.

#561 3 years ago

I want one bad!!! How the heck can we get these!

#562 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Here’s a couple videos of people starting to mod the pinball. Those 3 YouTuber’s cover the modding the best IMO...check their videos tab to find more videos. The second cooltoy video shows a easy way to add a monitor into the backglass area.

Well:
    1. thanks a lot for posting those videos and distracting me at work today. I only had time for that first vid. Any work issues I had today are all your fault
    2. At a minimum that first video makes me want to mod the machine straight away despite everyones opinions to this point.

#563 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Best Buy, Game Stop or Walmart.
    They pop up for an hour or two and are sold out right away.

#564 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Here is the link for Walmart. They have them right now.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Arcade-1up-Digital-Pinball/398690277

#565 3 years ago

my local Sam's you can order the AtGames pinball for $699. I want one even though I have a powerhouse virtual now. but am going to wait it out with AtGames and A1UP. beings they are just getting into the virtual pinball. I think they will come out with more improvements and release more updated machines. would have been nice if they would have came out with different models and price points. such as basic model and upper high end . I would spend 1500 or more if it was decent.

#566 3 years ago

Awesome, link is still good, thx! The good thing about Walmart is if it sucks, it’s pretty easy to return things

#568 3 years ago

Im still holding out for the Attack from Mars version.

#569 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

my local Sam's you can order the AtGames pinball for $699. I want one even though I have a powerhouse virtual now. but am going to wait it out with AtGames and A1UP. beings they are just getting into the virtual pinball. I think they will come out with more improvements and release more updated machines. would have been nice if they would have came out with different models and price points. such as basic model and upper high end . I would spend 1500 or more if it was decent.

I have the ZEN pins on my xbox and love it. Thats why I want this so bad, the pins are really well done.

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im still holding out for the Attack from Mars version.

Same here. Once that hits I'm getting it. I have one more Arcade1up Galaga game I converted to a 60 in 1 to sell before then though.
    Now to find someone to make MM artwork for it.

#571 3 years ago

It looks like the Marvel edition from Walmart is no longer available, mine still says it will arrive on Wednesday, despite not being shipped yet. We shall see...

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

It looks like the Marvel edition from Walmart is no longer available, mine still says it will arrive on Wednesday, despite not being shipped yet. We shall see...

It still shows available to me. I've seen others say it wasn't then others say it was. Might be if you are using their app maybe. It shows for me using the link I have above on my PC.

#574 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I pre-ordered. I'm a bit hesitant based on some of the initial reviews talking about REALLY blocky graphics, displays that won't turn on, whole tables that won't turn on, solenoids failing within days...but I figure I have 6 weeks before it ships to monitor more reviews and cancel if needed. Otherwise, I guess I'll end up with both a Star Wars and an AFM!

#575 3 years ago

Thanks for posting those links, I was able to get on board the Marvel train yesterday. My update says it has shipped and should arrive on the 16th. It's not the one I want but it'll hold me over for a little bit till the AFM comes out. Keep posting those links!

#576 3 years ago

Not a pinball but Walmart has the Galaga Countercade on sale for $49.00 Yes that's right $49 even with FREE shipping.
    Not gonna last long.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Countercade-Arcade1Up/311492502

#577 3 years ago

Damn!
    Thx

#578 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Not a pinball but Walmart has the Galaga Countercade on sale for $49.00 Yes that's right $49 even with FREE shipping.
    Not gonna last long.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Countercade-Arcade1Up/311492502

Damn!!!!
    Thank You Brother.
    Just got 2, delivered tomorrow???
    Not kidding, will update.

#579 3 years ago

Damn!!!!
    Thank You Brother.
    Just got 2, delivered tomorrow???
    Not kidding, will update.

I was on buying another MS Pac Man to mod and saw it.
    By they way the Ms pac is also on sale for $349. with riser and I think it has a lightup marquee also. Again with free 2 day shipping.
    I mod these to 60 in 1 games and resell. Need to get some games ready for when those stimulus checks drop.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/880297531

#581 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I was on buying another MS Pac Man to mod and saw it.
    By they way the Ms pac is also on sale for $349. with riser and I think it has a lightup marquee also. Again with free 2 day shipping.
    I mod these to 60 in 1 games and resell. Need to get some games ready for when those stimulus checks drop.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/880297531

Official Update. Got my 2 Galaga in giant box today.
    Guess I'm lucky, ordered at 6:15 PM Pac time 3/12, delivered 2:45 pm today!
    Went out of Stock this morning.

#582 3 years ago

Official Update. Got my 2 Galaga in giant box today.
    Guess I'm lucky, ordered at 6:15 PM Pac time 3/12, delivered 2:45 pm today!
    Went out of Stock this morning.

Yep, out of stock

#583 3 years ago

Effing Walmart , they take my order, verify my order,told me to expect delivery on the 16th. Wake up to this email.boooooo...

Screenshot_20210316-105829_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210316-105829_Gmail (resized).jpg
    #584 3 years ago

Pac Man Partycade on sale at HSN for $199.99 with free shipping.
    https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-8-in-1-pac-man-partycade-arcade-with-8-games/20004011

#585 3 years ago

Tempted, but hard pass even at 2 bills.
    I feel so spoiled with that Galaga deal Thanks to you.

#586 3 years ago

Ms Pac Man and the Pac Man countercades on sale at HSN for $99.99 with free shipping. You can also get $20 off with coupon code HSN2021.

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-2-in-1-countercade-with-ms-pac-man-and-super-/20003961

https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-2-in-1-countercade/10084464#

#587 3 years ago

Is it worth $99.99? I might as well be playing on a phone.

-_756162_alt5 (resized).jpg-_756162_alt5 (resized).jpg

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Is it worth $99.99? I might as well be playing on a phone.
    [quoted image]

At my age it’s too small to see. But many people love them. Don’t forget the $20 off coupon.

#589 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

At my age it’s too small to see. But many people love them. Don’t forget the $20 off coupon.

They're cute & the price is tempting...but the lag just kills it for me. How come they haven't figured out how to reduce the lag yet? These aren't demanding games. With Pac-Man, you want that INSTANT movement when you push the joystick..it's like 1/4 second later on these things. I guess most people don't notice...blows my mind that people are filling game rooms with these things when they don't play/feel right.

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They're cute & the price is tempting...but the lag just kills it for me. How come they haven't figured out how to reduce the lag yet? These aren't demanding games. With Pac-Man, you want that INSTANT movement when you push the joystick..it's like 1/4 second later on these things. I guess most people don't notice...blows my mind that people are filling game rooms with these things when they don't play/feel right.

Have you played the pinball machines? Hoping they arent horrible as well.

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, this is an issue on their mini Atari Star Wars as well. I own both the actual coin-up stand-up and the Arcade1Up version, and the difference in response is noticeable. It's frustrating.

#592 3 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Yeah, this is an issue on their mini Atari Star Wars as well. I own both the actual coin-up stand-up and the Arcade1Up version, and the difference in response is noticeable. It's frustrating.

Most the people buying them haven't played a real game in a decade or even at all. Makes no difference to them. Myself included. I've owned 4 real star wars in my life but haven't played one in so long I don't notice any difference playing the A1up game. And for the price, weight of the game and size I'll take the A1up over original. More room for pinballs

#593 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Most the people buying them haven't played a real game in a decade or even at all. Makes no difference to them. Myself included. I've owned 4 real star wars in my life but haven't played one in so long I don't notice any difference playing the A1up game. And for the price, weight of the game and size I'll take the A1up over original. More room for pinballs

Good for you. Not for me. I was hoping this thing would allow me to sell my Atari, but I can't do it. I can consistently hit 1.8 to 2 mill on the Atari, but this one, it's so off, I'm lucky if I get 1 mill.

#594 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

Dissapointed I missed the short pre-order window from Best Buy so I spent an hour this afternoon signing up for a Best Buy API account and writing a quick Windows service to check every 5 minutes for availability and send me an email as soon as it's available to order, otherwise an email once every 24 hours to make sure it's still checking

The application worked! Star Wars available for order with delivery by April 1 on Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-star-wars-digital-pinball/6441996.p?cmp=RMX&skuId=6441996

Good luck!

1 week later
    #595 3 years ago

Star Wars now available at best buy, sadly Attack from Mars is not yet available.

2 weeks later
    #596 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

We need to get some opinions on it concerning flipper lag etc. from someone who gets one. I don't mean one of those U-tube video's that some rep for them creates and spills all the unicorn compliments about it on us. We need a pinsiders assessment like we got on the other 3/4 pins just released.

There is flipper lag and it’s awful. This is a pin for kids and nothing more unfortunately. I will look towards modding my machine to get a real PC and steam running on it to get rid of the lag.

#597 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

There is flipper lag and it’s awful. This is a pin for kids and nothing more unfortunately. I will look towards modding my machine to get a real PC and steam running on it to get rid of the lag.

I dont see why this would run badly or lag at all, if its based on the same ZEN pins software for the XBOX and has the hardware support. I use the xbox controller and its legit. Ive played aftermarket video pins and they lagged. I dont see why this would if done properly.

#598 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Ms Pac Man and the Pac Man countercades on sale at HSN for $99.99 with free shipping. You can also get $20 off with coupon code HSN2021.
    https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-2-in-1-countercade-with-ms-pac-man-and-super-/20003961
    https://www.hsn.com/products/arcade1up-2-in-1-countercade/10084464#

My wife would kill me if the kitchen island started to be populated by these. She's only slightly OK with the one pin and Big Buck Hunter in the living room.

#599 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I dont see why this would run badly or lag at all, if its based on the same ZEN pins software for the XBOX and has the hardware support. I use the xbox controller and its legit. Ive played aftermarket video pins and they lagged. I dont see why this would if done properly.

It runs on an Android SOC. The screen is 1080p but the hardware can only run it at 720p. I have played lots of Pinball Arcade, and other Android and IPhone pin all and never seen such lag. Bottom line they chose bottom of the barrel hardware specs and thats why it likely lags.

#600 2 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

It runs on an Android SOC. The screen is 1080p but the hardware can only run it at 720p. I have played lots of Pinball Arcade, and other Android and IPhone pin all and never seen such lag. Bottom line they chose bottom of the barrel hardware specs and thats why it likely lags.

Well that would suck then..

There are 1,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/12?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.