• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

259A557E-11AD-4D17-A408-649F0E5B5D00 (resized).jpeg
Galaga (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Careful with that guy...I am pretty sure he is the same guy that owns Gameroom Solutions. Their customer service was significantly lacking when I bought one of their setups a couple years ago. To the point that I will not do business with them again.

#8 4 years ago

I went the Raspberry Pi setup on my bartop arcade from Gameroom Solutions, and there are some caveats that should be shared. This is not a project for someone who has no Pi experience or high technical aptitude. I feel I am fairly technologically advanced, but setting up and modding retropi onto a new Pi was a real pain in the ass for me. Or maybe I am just getting old. Mapping the buttons correctly and getting certain emulated games to work with the correct buttons was also somewhat frustrating. I learned the hard way to make an image backup before you try to make anything else work, because I bricked mine a few times until I figured it all out. If the image Arcademodup is using is the same or similar to the Gameroom Solutions image they include on their bartop kits, their installation guide was seriously lacking. Again, I am going off their previous offerings...perhaps they have been able to streamline their arcade 1up mods to be a bit more plug and play. I would consult Youtube and see if there are some independent reviews before diving in for yourself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-chips?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.