(Topic ID: 33020)

Arcade Upkeep upgrades thumbs up

By Ballsofsteel

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBBox_003.jpg
    P1010929(1)(1).jpg
    P1010926(1)(1).jpg
    #1 11 years ago

was looking into a backbox board for tron for a year or 2 now. cointaker and flipper fidelity had great kits, but i didn't want to spend 200-300 bucks for moding my backbox. the one thing i really hate about stern 2000's machines is the backbox lighting..orlack of.

enter arcade upkeep;
    easy to install, with the exception of needing to pull the boards to access the backside of the flourescent bulb mounts. half the price of the other kits, and i think it's worth it. here are a before/after pic. the color changing portal leds are set to white/standard in the picture, but offer all colors and modes for them with a remote control.

they also offer custom kits as well, design your own!!!

thanks for a nice feasable product

P1010926(1)(1).jpgP1010926(1)(1).jpg P1010929(1)(1).jpgP1010929(1)(1).jpg

and video;

#2 11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like your kit!

Brandon

#3 11 years ago

Where can I check it out

#4 11 years ago

easy to install, with the exception of needing to pull the boards to access the backside of the flourescent bulb mounts.

If you cut the head off of the bolt making it into all thread and add a locknut you don't need to remove bulb mounts.
    Just screw it in and tighten the locknut.
    Here is a pic.
    Great kits but they should come like this, removing those mounts is a PIA.

EBBox_003.jpgEBBox_003.jpg

#6 11 years ago

I'm going to have to add tracelifter to the payroll!

Thanks again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-upkeep-upgrades-thumbs-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.