Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181025_230545 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
BL_Shooting-Gallery_DSCN4705-1 (resized).jpg
17846-1 (resized).jpg
17383a (resized).jpg
GoldenTee2016_CAB_Right (resized).jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Not pinball. I know. But I'm planning to add an arcade to the game room and could use some input. For those who own these, or have time on these, which one would you pick for your game room? I'm referring to the latest home/offline versions.

Which has the best replay-ability?

Which one is more fun?

Which one is still fun, even by yourself?

All input appreciated!

GoldenTee2016_CAB_Right (resized).jpgGoldenTee2016_CAB_Right (resized).jpg.

17383a (resized).jpg17383a (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Buck hunter all the way. Great two player head to head action. I got buck hunter as basically a throw in, in a deal and it is probably my favorite arcade game now. I have drivers (Mario karts) and golden tee in a mame cab but buck is way better than both for my family

#3 7 years ago

Also considering Power Putt Golf which I just stumbled across. Similar to Golden Tee, but all mini golf courses. I love mini golf and the goofy courses (haunted house, tiki, pirates, old west, etc) look fun. Never played it though.

17846-1 (resized).jpg17846-1 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

I have to second the Buck Hunter, easy and intuitive game; quick time between turns; long or short games available. Golden Tee (which I also love) has a much steeper learning curve for new players. Also, it can take a frustrating long time to time to finish a game, time between turns for players is also a consideration. (all of which depends on who is playing) I was torn between the two myself, but just picked up an older BBH last night. One other point, for Golden Tees in private homes, Incredible Technologies doesn't support all the options, Closest to Pin/Live, as one on location IIRC. Though this may have changed with more recent versions.

#5 7 years ago

Big buck hunter is tons of fun. I've played one of the HD new ones and it's awesome. It has always baffled me why golden tee is so popular.

#6 7 years ago

I have Big Buck HD with the Zombies pack and added animals. I also have a PGA golf. I would say the BBH would be the better choice . The golf gets old real quick.

#7 7 years ago

Big buck vote here too! Never gets old.

#8 7 years ago

Big Buck Hunter!

#9 7 years ago

Wasn't really a fan of either until I started play two players on Big Buck Hunter Pro. I had a great time and added it to my wishlist.

#10 7 years ago

What are the approximate costs of each of these machines?

#11 7 years ago

2016 Golden Tee Pedestal is about mid-$3's shipped (tv & stand not included). The Power Putt is about the same.

I think Big Buck HD is $5-something.

#12 7 years ago

Check out this set-up.

BL_Shooting-Gallery_DSCN4705-1 (resized).jpgBL_Shooting-Gallery_DSCN4705-1 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

I picked up mine for $2,800. It was used but in pretty good shape. I got a Terminator Salvation at the same time and the Buck Hunter gets more play eventhough the Terminator is better eye candy.

#14 7 years ago

Wondering what your guys thought are on the future of light-gun games. I can't understand why they aren't crazy popular on today's home consoles. Now with virtual reality seemingly close it seems like they could absolutely making a killing with a virtual reality version of Big Buck Hunter. I mean it really would be a decent representation of the actual experience, minus the freezing cold. Your in your stand or blind with a true 360 immersive experience. Part of me wants to just save my funds and wait until that's available. Thoughts?

#15 7 years ago

I own a GT 2016 pedestal and it is very popular with guests. I play a round alone with a beer also. I like how you can play well during a round and then have 1-2 bad holes and blow your score just like real golf. I love it!

GT holds its value better overtime than BBH. GT 2011-12's sell for $2000 quickly. If you spend $5000 on a BBH you will get screwed when you sell it 3 years later. Look at used on BBH I you go that direction.
Love SM by the way!

#16 7 years ago

Doesn't BBH need a paid monthly subscription to work?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Doesn't BBH need a paid monthly subscription to work?

You need to buy an 'off line model' which only comes with the standard animals and modes. You need to buy all the zombie / duck dynasty add-ons separately.....which are probably priced for the operator market $$

#18 7 years ago

Just spoke with a distributor about BBH. The offline/home version requires no subscription. The standard game costs about $6k (price varies a bit for different cabinet and screen sizes). The optional software upgrades with zombies, duck dynasty and wild animals is another $2k!

I was leaning toward BBH, but it's basically double the price. Makes Golden Tee look cheap.

For the guys voting Golden Tee, do you and your guests already have to be into Golden Tee to enjoy it? Another poster mentioned a steep learning curve.

#19 7 years ago

golden tee all day everyday.

#20 7 years ago

I'm in big buck country down here in south Texas. Go for Golden Tee.

Need the real thing when hunting!

Played both, Tee is always a go to.

That is my next purchase versus a pin.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just spoke with a distributor about BBH. The offline/home version requires no subscription. The standard game costs about $6k (price varies a bit for different cabinet and screen sizes). The optional software upgrades with zombies, duck dynasty and wild animals is another $2k!
I was leaning toward BBH, but it's basically double the price. Makes Golden Tee look cheap.
For the guys voting Golden Tee, do you and your guests already have to be into Golden Tee to enjoy it? Another poster mentioned a steep learning curve.

Seemed too cheap when you originally said 5k. That sounds more like it. Sucks they are so expensive. I asked about a killer queen and those puppies are 15k shipped!! Whoa baby.

#22 7 years ago

I got a great deal on a GT pedestal model a few years ago. Always a big hit at parties. The 2017 software upgrade is going to allow cash games for the home editions. Can't wait.

Added in a Silver Strike game to the pedestal and I'm able to switch back and forth depending on who wants to play what.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seemed too cheap when you originally said 5k. That sounds more like it. Sucks they are so expensive. I asked about a killer queen and those puppies are 15k shipped!! Whoa baby.

What's a killer queen?

#24 7 years ago

+1 for GT pedestal with Silver Strike bowling.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's a killer queen?

It's pretty awesome. Not in too many places yet, but tons of fun to play with others.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's pretty awesome. Not in too many places yet, but tons of fun to play with others.
» YouTube video

I second that. Killer Queen rocks and each location that has one forms a league. Takes 10 people to play though. I don't think I have enough friends.

Leaning toward GT now. Distributor says low-$3000's if I ship it with an incoming pin, plus 2017 software included! Very tempting!

#27 7 years ago

Have you considered a legit multicade loaded with all the Golden Tee games? Plus a bunch of other games as well.

Legit meaning licensed, not emulation, so they play exactly as original games

http://pinballpro.net/shop/arcade-legends-3/

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#28 7 years ago

Both are great. I love me some tee. So deep, it's always a game that casuals can step up and play. I've had the AL3, it's cool for sure, can't go wrong either way. You could always get golden tee fore complete and an Area 51 for under $2500 combined if you are tighter on cash.

#29 7 years ago

$8k for BBH is ridiculous. It's a cool game, but not for that price. I think I would go for the GT at that point too.

#30 7 years ago

I love golfing and do not hunt but I think video golf is boring and big buck hunter is about as fun as a video game gets. I have a bbh pro and it gets played a lot more than any of my pins ever do, everybody loves it. I played BBH hd wild down the jersey shore and its got a lot more treks than my bbh pro but the pro or world is a lot of fun and has a small footprint and you can score a pro for under a grand. I think its best to play 2 player but I occasionally play a couple of treks by myself and it fun.

#31 7 years ago

I have never played BBH, probably because I don't hunt. I have an EA Sports PGA Golf that I really enjoy. I only paid $300 for it. I couldn't imagine paying over $3k for a Golden Tee or any video game. If I had to choose between GT and BBH, I would go with GT, especially with the differences in price.

#32 7 years ago

Seems like BBH is more approachable and has broader appeal. It's just so dang expensive. $6k-$8k for a new Big Buck HD is too much.

I could buy an older upright version such as Safari, Open Season, World for more like $1500, but I'd be concerned about the hard drive and the CRT monitor. Maybe worth the risk.

#33 7 years ago

I could buy an older upright version such as Safari, Open Season, World for more like $1500, but I'd be concerned about the hard drive and the CRT monitor. Maybe worth the risk.

I would not worry about the hard drive or monitor. They hold up well and are still available if they go. If you are patient, you can find one for under $1000 for a pro. If I had to buy one again, I think I would have held out for a bbh world but betson sells the upgrade for $799.

#34 7 years ago

You think BBH is expensive now then wait until you sell it 3 years later. Ouch! Fun game, but really not geared to home use, at least price wise. Your GT will be worth 60% of what you paid for it 5 years from now.

Incredible Technolgies has great support on their products even if you buy a used one.

My daughter is 8 and son is 10 and they can play GT and make par. No big learning curve. My group of friends I hang with is 30-45ish and we have fun with GT. Anyone who has played in a bar loves it.

Mad Pole mentioned cash games on HUO 2017? Interesting.

You can buy GT now and get 2017 upgrade for free. I bought from Mellissa at Gameroom Guys.

#35 7 years ago

I paid $1800 for my BBH World. It was a little expensive but already completely migrated. Great shape and it's been pretty bullet proof.

#36 7 years ago

It's not helping that the poll is dead even. LOL

#37 7 years ago

Golden Tee, all the way. I've always enjoyed video golf, though. If you're getting a -16 or -17 (starts shipping next week I think) you'll get every course going back to 07. I haven't counted, but it's a lot of courses. The game can be difficult for a beginner, but I feel like there's a lot more replay value.

We have quite a few hunters on route going back to the old Sammy ones, so I get a lot of time to 'test' them. I couldn't see spending $6k on an HD for home use. There's a lot of cool stuff, and the graphics are the best of the series. Zombies is a neat mode, but I think I would get sick of it if I played it more than occasionally. The game is the same every time, whereas a round of golf can be totally different depending on the weather.

#38 7 years ago

Golden tee. 100%. I have driving games too and they get played by kids that come over more than anything. But golden is played dare I say even more than pins. Golden tee with online I can walk out and play tournaments by myself. It is ALWAYS fun. Plus in November the 2017 upgrade is going to allow invitational plays where you can challenge someone else and they have 7 days to play it and supposedly you can even bet money. Hit me up when you get one. 2016 has 55 courses and 2017 will add 5 more.
On a side note never compare old name versions of golden tee. It doesn't come close to the new game.

#39 7 years ago

Golden Tee All Day Everyday!!!! I love mine!! Online or offline. We play $1 a hole skins when drinking a few beers, tons of fun! Closest to the pin is a lot of fun also.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Golden tee. 100%. I have driving games too and they get played by kids that come over more than anything. But golden is played dare I say even more than pins. Golden tee with online I can walk out and play tournaments by myself. It is ALWAYS fun. Plus in November the 2017 upgrade is going to allow invitational plays where you can challenge someone else and they have 7 days to play it and supposedly you can even bet money. Hit me up when you get one. 2016 has 55 courses and 2017 will add 5 more.
On a side note never compare old name versions of golden tee. It doesn't come close to the new game.

We need to start a GT pinside thread! Weekly tournaments would be a blast!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

We need to start a GT pinside thread! Weekly tournaments would be a blast!

I was just saying this to a friend. First two members right here. They are adding so much this year. Closest to the pin online. Tons of outfits. And the invitationals just tops it off. I can finally play against people that have the game also without us all having to meet up.

#42 7 years ago

Ok. I'm convinced! Thankfully it's the cheaper one . It'll have to wait a moment though. Just this afternoon I blew enough to buy 2 GTs on a new pin for my location. I swear clicking on the Market tab is asking for trouble. Why do I do that?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in big buck country down here in south Texas. Go for Golden Tee.
Need the real thing when hunting!
Played both, Tee is always a go to.
That is my next purchase versus a pin.

Ice, Go get a 2017 GT online Home Edition. We are starting a Pinside.com GT Online play/tournament club, it should be a blast!

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:Ok. I'm convinced! Thankfully it's the cheaper one . It'll have to wait a moment though. Just this afternoon I blew enough to buy 2 GTs on a new pin for my location. I swear clicking on the Market tab is asking for trouble. Why do I do that?

I just bought one a month ago 2016 online home edition, it came with a free 2017 upgrade(receiving it Monday), You will love it! It's a ton of fun, & there is a bunch of upgrades getting released with 2017. Over 55 courses plus gear & apparel.

#44 7 years ago

Are you getting the upgrade Monday? From my understanding the commercial version is upgrading in September and the home isn't until late oct or early November.

#45 7 years ago

That could be. They sent an email saying they were sending out updates starting Monday.

#46 7 years ago

Well cool. Yea I talked to IT directly and they told me November. Either way I need to fill out my update form asap so it'll be ready when it's time.

#47 7 years ago

Be careful what you're buying out there. There are tons of knock off golden tees out there! Ask your distributor if what you're buying is an ITS FACTORY PEDESTAL. If the answer is anything but yes, you're being ripped off

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

Be careful what you're buying out there. There are tons of knock off golden tees out there! Ask your distributor if what you're buying is an ITS FACTORY PEDESTAL. If the answer is anything but yes, you're being ripped off

Good advice! I noticed that. Lots of companies making and selling knock-offs and it's difficult to tell the difference. When the time comes I'll call JJ. I know his are factory.

#49 7 years ago

From what I got, all Incredible Technologies makes theselves is the standard pedestals that have IT on the side. So that is the real IT GT unit.

IT works with one company that they sell their hardware exclusively too and that company makes a glo cable and up right game if you want to purchase that. So you or I couldn't call IT and buy 100 hard drives from them and make our own units to sell.

I would just stick with the original cab.

#50 7 years ago

I have a BBH worlds. Bought a regular BBH and upgraded it to the worlds version. It's a really fun game that is a blast to play with friends. It's not something you are likely to play a ton by yourself though. GT is more fun for single player at home while BBH is more fun when friends are over.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-showdown-big-buck-hunter-or-golden-tee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.