(Topic ID: 272779)

Arcade room turned on by Motion Sensor?

By DumbRecords

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbrecords.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello, I'm trying to think of a way I could turn on all the machines in my arcade via motion sensor. Currently I have 10 games that are turned on by 2 surge protectors. Basically you have to squeeze between the games to flip on the 2 surge protectors. I was wondering about making it easier by connecting to a motion dectector so basically all you have to do is walk into the room and everything turns on.

My arcade is open to the public but I figure there are a lot of days of infrequent use, and I would like to save energy if the games aren't being played.

The closest thing I've found so far is this thing on amazon. It's almost perfect except I want a timer that lasts at least an hour before everything shuts back off. So far the timers on these things only go up to 20 mins.

https://www.amazon.com/Westek-MLC12BC-4-Indoor-Activated-Control/dp/B009KSECO8/ref=sr_1_11

The other challenge is the motion sensor needs to be a good distance away from the wall outlet so it can actually positioned to detect motion of someone walking into the gameroom.

I'm also hoping to not use a smart phone app to control it as I figure that will come with its own reliability challenges over time and make the solution more complicated than necessary.

Hoping someone has an idea on how to tackle this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbrecords.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-room-turned-on-by-motion-sensor?tu=dumbrecords and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.