7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 7 years ago

if you're bored wayne do the sums on how many $1 credits a day each machine would have to take to have a business break even in say a 20 machine pinball arcade at current retail rent and wages. dedicated arcades wont be back until $5 credits are ok

#3 7 years ago

No need to do the sums Doug I am always miffed as to how arcades & those providing technical services can survive commercially. However Timezone is privately owned with some experience so I assume they know what they are doing in expanding.

#4 7 years ago

yeah they know how to make money on what kids like ... ticket redemption games.

#5 7 years ago

This is great news and I hope it pays off for them. I enjoy going to arcades, grabbing a coffee and seeing whats new in electronic entertainment. Let's face it, with the price of new pinballs and arcade machines I am glad some one is putting them out there for general public to enjoy.
    LOOOOOOOVED the super sessions!

#6 7 years ago

if an old style ( 80s) arcade opened in your home town tomorrow with classic pins, arcades and em's what would be the tipping point on $/credit where you would walk away mr oldskool

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Not exactly a return of EMs but I found this article quite fascinating.

Nice, but I still prefer your arcade Wayne.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-resurgence-in-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.