Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210730_093436 (resized).jpg
    Arcade Legends 6 (resized).jpg
    Arcade Legends 5 (resized).jpg
    Arcade Legends 4 (resized).jpg
    Arcade Legends 3 (resized).jpg
    Arcade Legends 2 (resized).jpg
    Arcade Legends 1 (resized).jpg
    31C4CA73-E2A6-4D2A-B3E2-1EE193507B98 (resized).jpeg
    7DEF115D-98AA-4098-A2AB-3C564848F8E9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

What version of MAME was in your cabinet? Some cabs are based around much older versions and those may show issues. I'm curious which games you found inaccurate, as most popular boardsets and titles are pretty spot-on with current MAME releases.
    3rd statement is just untrue, ALL Arcade Legends cabs have noticeable lag, which is absolutely NOT true to the originals. Not to mention they're displayed on an LCD, which looks nothing like the original CRTs. (did older AL cabs come with CRTs?) MAME can be configured to eliminate the lag, and for me that is the #1 reason to use it. I do agree on the bootleg/licensed issue - if you want to be legal, AL is the way to go. It's also plug and play, whereas MAME can be very fiddly.

AL1, AL2 and AL3 all had Wells Gardner CRTs

No lag to speak of in all three of them...I've owned them all, multiple times.

Which AL did you play? What game specifically was lagging?

Now, AL3 ships with a Wells Gardner LCD, not nearly as good; and there is screen tearing, which can be a major deal breaker to some.

I have spoken to Chicago Gaming about an AL4, but they don't seem motivated to get one out; not sure it will ever happen...They have been lacking in more AL3 updates or and AL4, can't blame it on licensing when you see what Arcade1Up has been able to secure.

MAME machines with 20k+ games are too complicated for casuals, guests are over whelmed and don't touch them; AL3 is a great option for a game room that will get play.

Although none of these compare to the original arcades; nothing beats an original control panel...But I just don't have the space.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I was hoping for more game packs. How many are there now?

There is one that has the capcom games and the Midway games...Rampage is on the expansion pack, I think it's 536, not sure why they title it that, as it adds like 30 games, not 536.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-legends-3?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.