Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ultracade-AL1 (resized).jpg
AL2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3967 (resized).jpg
IMG_3934 (resized).jpg
IMG_3650 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slcorrado.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have one of these and its been working for many years. i upgraded to the hard drive with all the games as well. The only problem I ever had was the motherboard battery died and I had to replace it because of a bios error. There are old pentium 2 computers on ebay for cheap if you need parts . The games look and play just like they did back in the day.

I have an AL3. Pinball repair guy looked at it one day and said “anything ever goes out on that, it’s a brick...trust me, I see them all the time”.

If not so, only thing keeping me from looking harder is the ‘firm’. I want another one, but not sure the age and price is too close to what I paid for AL3 new.

1 week later
#21 4 years ago

So this post serves two purposes...it bumps DSmoke's sales effort (!)...and it hopefully helps me acquire 265 games on an AL1.

If anybody knows how to put 265 games on an AL1, please post here or PM me.

1 week later
#30 4 years ago

Gotta give kudos to LetGo!

John (or anybody), what kinds of upgrades are possible? Anybody swap out the CPU and/or monitor?

I think it's cranking an old Dell.

Dsmoke...I continue to hope these are good bumps and you sell your pristine example soon.

IMG_3650 (resized).JPGIMG_3650 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#34 4 years ago

So...I'll be the first to admit I'm no techie, but the SSD swap went easily, with John's assistance.

But even after I disable the parallel port I get the pic. Talking with John as well, but figured I'd crowd-source...anybody see/deal with this?

And when I have it on the computer monitor it says 'Invalid boot disk, insert boot disk in A:'

IMG_3934 (resized).jpgIMG_3934 (resized).jpg

#36 4 years ago

Thanks YOPP...turns out the data ribbon was twisted, it was so wedged between components it was probably built that way. I turned so red stripe was nearer to power on drive. But before that I messed with BIOS. When I went to check the effect of the data ribbon, it won’t turn on. I bricked it!

Now to research that fix.

#38 4 years ago

Dude, you’re awesome. I’ll give it a shot, thanks!

#41 4 years ago

The red stripe on the data ribbon needs to be closest to the power connection. I can only tell you that mine wasn’t (but still the pins clicked in...not sure why design would allow that). I fixed that and screwed up BIOS at the same time, so I’m curious about your outcome. I hope to have BIOS fixed in the next couple days.

My amateur attempt at a pro tip (if you have the SSD)...we removed two sliding drawers from the drive bays to make a big/open capacity, then used a zip tie thru a hole in the drive to secure it and simultaneously ensure it will never touch metal. FWIW

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Do these things have Dragon's Lair on them?

Yes! Which brings me to a new problem...it's landscape and needs to be portrait, and when I start a game the screen goes (and stays) dark.

I imagine those are likely video settings, and hope to resolve freaking soon (continued wisdom from the crowd is appreciated!).

PinFever, fixing the red stripe on the data ribbon got me past the A: error!

IMG_3967 (resized).jpgIMG_3967 (resized).jpg
#44 4 years ago

Not yet...is that in BIOS or on the machine please?

#45 4 years ago

DSmoke, you sell yours yet?

Orientation is fixed, but still get a blank screen when I select a game and press P1.

Anyhoo...thinking about getting another AL1 and selling my AL3.

#47 4 years ago

I’m in the market for yet another one.

#49 4 years ago

Well, if I find a couple uprights let’s talk. I’m likely selling a cocktail non-AL multigame and an AL3, and less likely my recently-acquired AL1 cocktail

1 week later
#53 4 years ago

Holy bleep. John’s drive is amazing...as long as the data ribbon is plugged in correctly.

Dude is stand-up as well. Thanks John!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slcorrado.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-legends-1-with-265-games-brand-new-2000?tu=slcorrado and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.