Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ultracade-AL1 (resized).jpg
AL2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3967 (resized).jpg
IMG_3934 (resized).jpg
IMG_3650 (resized).JPG
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 4 years ago

I’m not familiar with these 265 in 1 arcade standups. are the games all played in only a partial part of the screen? Or are these the selection screens your showing?

#3 4 years ago

This is trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. Horizontal and vertical games in the same cabinet...

#4 4 years ago

Brand new, new old stock and huo? But changed the hard drive out with a brand new one?

#5 4 years ago

No Stunt Cycle- I'm out.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Brand new, new old stock and huo? But changed the hard drive out with a brand new one?

He upgraded it. Not sure if these ever came with 265 games.

#7 4 years ago

So it’s about $8 a game? Hm, seems like something doesn’t add up..

#8 4 years ago

No Time Pilot either, I’m out..

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

This is trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. Horizontal and vertical games in the same cabinet...

They are all in the correct ratio; they play perfectly whether horizontal or vertical. From Donkey Kong to Defender.

Trust me, I've owned over a dozen arcade cabs, dedicateds and MAME. This is the best multi arcade out there, the exit button is key; it's easy to get into and out of games, guests never have a problem choosing a game and then switching out via the menu. All Suzo/Happ sticks and buttons, which are the best IMO; great mix of 80's and 90's arcade games; and the high scores save, with out a save state like MAME, and then the Pandora's box, which doesn't save anything.

If you only have room for 1 arcade cab, because you want to have as many pins as possible, this is the one to get.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Yes, original only had 80 games on it; a Guy on KLOV sells the 265 one, which is every game ever released for the AL1/Ultracade setup

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m not familiar with these 265 in 1 arcade standups. are the games all played in only a partial part of the screen? Or are these the selection screens your showing?

That's just the front end...This Ultracade UI is what Hyperspin copies...It's the smoothest front end easily; super quick in and out of games, no boot time.

#12 4 years ago

I have an original AL1 that was bought new with much less games. I then added two upgrade packs from Pinball Sales
at the time. Still don't have this many games. Unfortunately now this machine no longer works as hard drive went.
GLWS as this is a great machine with whats in it.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I have an original AL1 that was bought new with much less games. I then added two upgrade packs from Pinball Sales
at the time. Still don't have this many games. Unfortunately now this machine no longer works as hard drive went.
GLWS as this is a great machine with whats in it.

I know a guy who sells new AL1 drives, if you need his info, pm me.

#14 4 years ago

Dave is a great guy to deal with! I've seen this game in person and it's awesome looking! If I didn't have the arcade Legends 3 myself I would be after this one.

#15 4 years ago

I have one of these and its been working for many years. i upgraded to the hard drive with all the games as well. The only problem I ever had was the motherboard battery died and I had to replace it because of a bios error. There are old pentium 2 computers on ebay for cheap if you need parts . The games look and play just like they did back in the day.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

They are all in the correct ratio; they play perfectly whether horizontal or vertical. From Donkey Kong to Defender.
Trust me, I've owned over a dozen arcade cabs, dedicateds and MAME. This is the best multi arcade out there, the exit button is key; it's easy to get into and out of games, guests never have a problem choosing a game and then switching out via the menu. All Suzo/Happ sticks and buttons, which are the best IMO; great mix of 80's and 90's arcade games; and the high scores save, with out a save state like MAME, and then the Pandora's box, which doesn't save anything.
If you only have room for 1 arcade cab, because you want to have as many pins as possible, this is the one to get.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have one of these and its been working for many years. i upgraded to the hard drive with all the games as well. The only problem I ever had was the motherboard battery died and I had to replace it because of a bios error. There are old pentium 2 computers on ebay for cheap if you need parts . The games look and play just like they did back in the day.

I have an AL3. Pinball repair guy looked at it one day and said “anything ever goes out on that, it’s a brick...trust me, I see them all the time”.

If not so, only thing keeping me from looking harder is the ‘firm’. I want another one, but not sure the age and price is too close to what I paid for AL3 new.

1 week later
#17 4 years ago

That's not true, you can get a new PCB from Chicago Gaming.

AL3 uses a PCB with motherboard and jamma combo; AL1 is a slightly different setup, CPU and Hard drive; while the AL3 uses the same Joshua OS (Which the creators of Hyperspin copied) and a Flash Drive to run the Roms.

#18 4 years ago

Anyhoo, this is still for sale; played it for a couple of hours this morning; so much fun. Someone buy this before I change my mind and decide to keep it!!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Anyhoo, this is still for sale; played it for a couple of hours this morning; so much fun. Someone buy this before I change my mind and decide to keep it!!

I recommend keeping it. Brings a lot of joy to people coming over, too many purists what originals at that price point. Otherwise I might consider adjusting the price.

#20 4 years ago

I really enjoy mine. While I definitely prefer the originals if they have specialized controls, this works pretty well for standard joystick and button games.

Once the computer dies, I am planning to convert it to MAME (powered by a Pi). The other thing I will probably do is swap to a couple of powered 4-8 way switching joysticks (like Servostik from Ultimarc). While it plays decent now, the 4 way games are much more difficult with the default 8 way setup.

#21 4 years ago

So this post serves two purposes...it bumps DSmoke's sales effort (!)...and it hopefully helps me acquire 265 games on an AL1.

If anybody knows how to put 265 games on an AL1, please post here or PM me.

#22 4 years ago

Do a search on ebay for auctions that have ended. There was a guy selling these hard drives about a year ago. I bought one then and love it. Just 3mail him he might be able to make you one.

Quoted from slcorrado:

So this post serves two purposes...it bumps DSmoke's sales effort (!)...and it hopefully helps me acquire 265 games on an AL1.
If anybody knows how to put 265 games on an AL1, please post here or PM me.

#23 4 years ago

I am the one on KLOV that has these drives. Not on here as much as I am more arcade. But I do come one here every once in a while.
They are 263 game drives. Regular 3.5" IDE or Flash based drives.

Added over 5 years ago:

These are not available anymore. Thanks.

Added over 5 years ago:

Scratch that last one.
If anyone needs help with these systems, I can pretty much help with any piece of it.

#24 4 years ago

I bought two from you and they worked great!

Quoted from john2654:

I am the one on KLOV that has these drives. Not on here as much as I am more arcade. But I do come one here every once in a while.

#25 4 years ago

I just contacted john2654 and I will be getting a flash drive. Thanks dsmoke for your posting and good luck with the sale of your AL1.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from john2654:

PM sent. Thanks jkashani and dsmoke! Hope you get that sold dsmoke!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from john2654:

Yes!! This is the man to PM, drives are perfection!!

#28 4 years ago

Have a new drive coming from John this week!

#29 4 years ago

So if the new drives are still available and easy to put in why are people afraid they're going to fail?

#30 4 years ago

Gotta give kudos to LetGo!

John (or anybody), what kinds of upgrades are possible? Anybody swap out the CPU and/or monitor?

I think it's cranking an old Dell.

Dsmoke...I continue to hope these are good bumps and you sell your pristine example soon.

IMG_3650 (resized).JPGIMG_3650 (resized).JPG
#31 4 years ago

You can't upgrade it too much. Max CPU is a PIII 1.4GHz. Not sure what the max size is of your dell, but other known motherboards will run at 1.4GHz. Some max out around 933Mhz.
If your Dell is running, I'd just rock with that.

1 week later
#32 4 years ago

Agreed, just rock that Dell with one of John’s drives until it goes.

These CPU’s are pretty resilient, you can always have them fixed still, or switch out to a full MAME or pandora box type setup.

Not sure why everyone gets super nervous, they aren’t like the Global VR Machines that have cpu’s That go often.

Mame machine could suffer same fate as well. Is what it is.

4 weeks later
#33 4 years ago

I have a friend with one of them tabletop ones. has anyone changed out the monitor . what type and are they still around and where to get them. ? Thanks

#34 4 years ago

So...I'll be the first to admit I'm no techie, but the SSD swap went easily, with John's assistance.

But even after I disable the parallel port I get the pic. Talking with John as well, but figured I'd crowd-source...anybody see/deal with this?

And when I have it on the computer monitor it says 'Invalid boot disk, insert boot disk in A:'

IMG_3934 (resized).jpgIMG_3934 (resized).jpg

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from slcorrado:

when I have it on the computer monitor it says 'Invalid boot disk, insert boot disk in A:'

Your boot drive is either bad or not being seen. Make sure the PC is set to boot from the correct drive. If you just put in a new SSD make sure both the power and data cables are properly connected and the drive is correctly formatted for the system.

#36 4 years ago

Thanks YOPP...turns out the data ribbon was twisted, it was so wedged between components it was probably built that way. I turned so red stripe was nearer to power on drive. But before that I messed with BIOS. When I went to check the effect of the data ribbon, it won’t turn on. I bricked it!

Now to research that fix.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from slcorrado:

But before that I messed with BIOS. When I went to check the effect of the data ribbon, it won’t turn on. I bricked it!

Look on the motherboard for a jumper that can be used to reset the BIOS. Typically there are three pins, move the jumper to 1-2 to reset, back to 2-3 for normal operation.

Failing that, pull the CMOS battery and it will forget your settings and go back to factory default after a few minutes. 30 is usually long enough.

#38 4 years ago

Dude, you’re awesome. I’ll give it a shot, thanks!

#39 4 years ago

Do these things have Dragon's Lair on them?

#40 4 years ago

that picture of the screen is what i am getting on the one i need tech help for, please let me know what and how to fix this , thanks

#41 4 years ago

The red stripe on the data ribbon needs to be closest to the power connection. I can only tell you that mine wasn’t (but still the pins clicked in...not sure why design would allow that). I fixed that and screwed up BIOS at the same time, so I’m curious about your outcome. I hope to have BIOS fixed in the next couple days.

My amateur attempt at a pro tip (if you have the SSD)...we removed two sliding drawers from the drive bays to make a big/open capacity, then used a zip tie thru a hole in the drive to secure it and simultaneously ensure it will never touch metal. FWIW

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Do these things have Dragon's Lair on them?

Yes! Which brings me to a new problem...it's landscape and needs to be portrait, and when I start a game the screen goes (and stays) dark.

I imagine those are likely video settings, and hope to resolve freaking soon (continued wisdom from the crowd is appreciated!).

PinFever, fixing the red stripe on the data ribbon got me past the A: error!

IMG_3967 (resized).jpgIMG_3967 (resized).jpg
#43 4 years ago

Did you change the screen orientation in the diagnostics/menu section?

#44 4 years ago

Not yet...is that in BIOS or on the machine please?

#45 4 years ago

DSmoke, you sell yours yet?

Orientation is fixed, but still get a blank screen when I select a game and press P1.

Anyhoo...thinking about getting another AL1 and selling my AL3.

#46 4 years ago

Just installed my new drive from John last weekend.
Its in my AL1. Well worth it for the 263 games
and for someone to place dsmoke's game in their game room with limited space.
Hope you sell soon dsmoke and would make someone very happy!
Ultracade-AL1 (resized).jpgUltracade-AL1 (resized).jpgAL2 (resized).jpgAL2 (resized).jpg

#47 4 years ago

I’m in the market for yet another one.

#48 4 years ago

I would love the pedestal version.

#49 4 years ago

Well, if I find a couple uprights let’s talk. I’m likely selling a cocktail non-AL multigame and an AL3, and less likely my recently-acquired AL1 cocktail

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Just installed my new drive from John last weekend.
Its in my AL1. Well worth it for the 263 games
and for someone to place dsmoke's game in their game room with limited space.
Hope you sell soon dsmoke and would make someone very happy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

does the 263 game version have that super buggy double dragon.... Can't remember if mine has 263 or 280.
I'll check it tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-legends-1-with-265-games-brand-new-2000/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.