By Shredso

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

The monitor on my Cruisn World was giving me issues. From what I read online this is a problematic monitor. I decided to go the LCD route as a replacement. I found a Samsung 27" SA550 for free on Facebook and had a CGA / VGA converter that I pulled out of a project years ago.

I installed the converter and tested it with an old 4:3 LCD. It looked great. I tried it with the new monitor, resolution error, too high. I dragged the monitor to an old PC I had, changed the resolution to 800x600, and plugged it back into the converter. It worked, but it was way off center and looked a little weird. I figured this was just adjustments I could make so I went forward mounting it. If fits perfect out of the case.

Now it is permanently mounted in the game, I'm getting the resolution error again. Not Optimum Mode- Recommended Mode 1920x1080. I tried plugging in a Gigabyte Cube PC (portable) and changing the resolution like I did before, but as soon as I plug it back into the converter it goes back to 1080. Any ideas (other than repair the old monitor).

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-issue-with-cga-vga-converter-monitor-resolution and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.