Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Radradryan
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFC00762-2D5D-41B7-B782-4B42DA9B8E09 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2134 (resized).JPG
    20180317_153318 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2618 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2146 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2145 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2144 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4845 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4846 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180316_180918719 (resized).jpg
    33264 (resized).jpeg
    20180316_142740 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180315_191305400 (resized).jpg
    Why so serious (resized).jpg
    FC8AD958-0F16-45BE-A553-51BAD0AD7B31 (resized).jpeg

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 7 years ago

Had a great time last year and won't miss it this year.

11 months later
    #2 6 years ago

Arcade Expo 4.0 March 16-18 .

This year's event will be the biggest yet with all the pins and arcades.

WP_20180208_16_39_19_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20180208_16_39_19_Pro (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

They're here! Coming soon, all four JJPs and four Spookys as they all find a new home at Arcade Expo 4.0 and the Museum of Pinball.

Added this week: A secret decoder word hunt game for all ages where you can win a limited edition Arcade Expo 4.0 enamel pin. We added 5 more vendors, confirmed bands for Friday night and Saturday, added a fantastic "History of Pinball" presentation and a "Pinball Repair 101 and 201" presentation. Also confirmed our favorite magician and balloon artist, back by popular demand. Added 5 video games to the silent auction in addiion to the 25 pinball machines. Another 4 DEMO Stern pinball machines were sold. Confirmed some awesome animated short videos and full length movies in the theater. Also added confirmation of all four Jersey Jack pins (Wizard of Oz, Hobbit, Dialed In and Pirates of the Caribbean and a Q&A with Jack.

Also added the opportunity to sky dive over the Museum of Pinball and Arcade Expo (additional cost). Yeah, sky dive.

Hotel rooms are still available but going fast. At least 6 more camping spots were reserved.

Tickets and camping spaces available at www.arcadeexpo.com

There is still vendor space available.
    Remember, swap meet space is first come - first serve on Saturday.

See the web site for more information. Thanks for considering attending. 3-day passes are the best bet. Come early and stay late.

Friday March 16 2pm to midnight
    Saturday March 17 11am to 2am
    Sunday March 18 11am to 7pm

2018logo (resized).png2018logo (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Auction at AE4 graphic for FB (resized).jpgAuction at AE4 graphic for FB (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Here's a partial list of pinball machines we're auctioning: List may change, machines are in various stage of needing repair or working

SORCERER – WILLIAMS 1985 (SS), ORBITOR 1 – STERN 1982 (SS), NIP-IT – BALLY 1973 (EM), AQUARIUS – GOTTLIEB 1970 (EM), LITTLE JOE – BALLY 1972 (EM), BIG SHOT – GOTTLIEB 1974 (EM), COMET – WILLIAMS 1985 (SS), FIREBALL II – BALLY 1980 (SS), MOTORDOME – BALLY 1986 (SS), POOL SHARKS – MIDWAY 1990 (SS), BUTTERFLY – SONIC 1977 (EM), LUCKY SEVEN – WILLIAMS 1978 (SS), MARS TREK – SONIC 1977 (EM), BASEBALL – GOTTLIEB 1970 (EM), MEMORY LANE – STERN 1978 (SS), GOLD RUSH – WILLIAMS 1975 (EM), PRO-FOOTBALL – GOTTLIEB 1973 (EM), MINIZAG – BALLY 1968 (EM), LITTLE PRO (BAT GAME) – BROMLEY 1990, GOLDEN ARROW – GOTTLIEB 1977 (EM), SINBAD – GOTTLIEB 1978 (SS), SPY HUNTER – MIDWAY 1984 (SS), LASER CUE – WILLIAMS 1984 (SS), ATTILA THE HUN – GAME PLAN 1984 (SS), THE SIMPSONS – DATA EAST 1990 (SS), CORRAL – GOTTLIEB 1961 (EM), FLASH – WILLIAMS 1979 (SS), BRONCO – GOTTLIEB 1977 (EM)

Swap meet at AE4 graphic for FB (resized).jpgSwap meet at AE4 graphic for FB (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Spoiler Alert!!!
    Much more has been added snice last year.

#7 6 years ago

SUPER PUMPED!!CAN'T WAIT!!! So many games and pins! Love the crowd and energy of this show. Playing pinball for hours on end and forgetting about all the crazy things going on in the world for a few days is priceless. Who knows, I may be bringing home a pinball from the auction if my wife let's me. Looking forward to playing PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and hearing from JERSEY JACK! WOW! ITS GOING TO BE EPIC!
    YOU NEED TO BE HERE!! @pinsiders

#8 6 years ago

I am very excited about going this year! One day only for me Saturday probably!

#9 6 years ago

We're expecting more than a dozen Stern NIB pins at the Marco booth. Here's one of our lead techs and I moving and unboxing last years set up.

IMG_5429 (resized).JPGIMG_5429 (resized).JPG

IMG_5500 (resized).JPGIMG_5500 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Tag. I missed Pinball expo this year. Hope to make this especially with JJPOTC. What day is the jack Q&A?

And how does the auction work, do you have to have cash in hand and be able to transport game same day?

#11 6 years ago

I'm getting all excited now even though I can only go Saturday, I want to try for another day. It's a sickness. I need treatment. In banning.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm getting all excited now even though I can only go Saturday, I want to try for another day. It's a sickness. I need treatment. In banning.

Looking forward to seeing you again buddy.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tag. I missed Pinball expo this year. Hope to make this especially with JJPOTC. What day is the jack Q&A?
    And how does the auction work, do you have to have cash in hand and be able to transport game same day?

A show schedule for Q&A, and other presentations are currently being worked on.

The auction would be paid in full cash, if other options of payment are available they will be listed.
    Same day pick up would be nice and assistance in loading shouldn't be an issue during event days.
    If arrangements are neded for another day please discuss this with AE staff prior to auction so you or your full service pack and ship freight company come like STI & NAVL.

#14 6 years ago

All 4 JJP's! Cant wait to play pirates!
    Exciting news Chuck!

#15 6 years ago

Hmm... I may have to ask mama if I can get away for a day.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Hmm... I may have to ask mama if I can get away for a day.

Alan, i will be there all day Sat.

#17 6 years ago

The conflict with TPF is unfortunate, but I hope everyone who's not hardcore enough to fly out to Texas comes out for the biggest pinball show in CA, and certainly in the running for the world just in terms of pure numbers.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Alan, i will be there all day Sat.

I may try to come down and Tech that day.

#19 6 years ago

i think Banning is the largest pinball show, probably in the world. they have 500+ pinball. maybe not all working or even working well, but that's still damn impressive numbers. Texas is 400+. Ann Arbor is 400+. and Pittsburg is 400+. And like banning, pittsburg has video games too. But those are the biggest (by game count) shows, probably in the world. And frankly those are the numbers that count. The other "side shows" like seminars and the such isn't really what brings people to shows. It's the games! People go to shows to play pinballs (largely ones they don't see elsewhere.) So yea, Banning rocks, it would be hard to say another show is "bigger".

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

The Q&A with Jack is Saturday at 5pm on the main stage. Saturday only.

The four JJPs (one of each model plus maybe two PTOC) will be on FREE PLAY in the JJP room from open to close all three days.
    Friday 2:30pm to midnight
    Saturday 11am to 2am
    Sunday 11am to 7pm

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

You can take your winning lots as soon as you are paid in full as long as it's safe to move the game(s). Staff will be there to help.

The auction works like this:
    Auction game preview Friday from 2:30pm to midnight. No bidding, just preview.
    Auction registration and bidding Saturday 11am to 6pm. When bidding closes around 6pm winners will be determined based on bids that followed the rules. Everyone registering will receive a bidder number and sign an agreement. Registration desk will be near the auction in the cafe.
    You can pay with cash or credit card at the front desk / Gift Shop. All lots need to be paid for before Sunday at 7pm unless special arrangement are made with staff. Otherwise you forfeit your winning lots.
    Once paid you can take your winning lots. Pick can be arranged for future pick up too.

Lastly, I'm running the auction. Any other questions?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The conflict with TPF is unfortunate, but I hope everyone who's not hardcore enough to fly out to Texas comes out for the biggest pinball show in CA, and certainly in the running for the world just in terms of pure numbers.

We're expecting around the same size crowds as TPF. Remember, TPF is simply a pinball event. Arcade Expo is very different and caters to a different crowd. There is some overlap. Additionally we will work closer with the TPF management so they don't schedule on the same day as us (St. Patrick's day weekend). The changed weekends this year which has made things a little confusing.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

We're expecting around the same size crowds as TPF. Remember, TPF is simply a pinball event. Arcade Expo is very different and caters to a different crowd. There is some overlap. Additionally we will work closer with the TPF management so they don't schedule on the same day as us (St. Patrick's day weekend). The changed weekends this year which has made things a little confusing.

Thanks for sharing this. It answers questions I didn't ask yet. Thanks.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Thanks for sharing this. It answers questions I didn't ask yet. Thanks.

That's my job. What else did you not know you wanted to know?

#25 6 years ago

Just added: All ages, but meant for the kids with parents help:

Pot O'Gold Word Challenge!

Pot O'Gold Word Challenge. Pick up forms at Gift Shop and front desk. Answer the questions, fill in words, decode the secret solution and turn in to the gift shop for a limited edition Arcade Expo 4.0 collectable enamel pin. Limited to the first 100 who successfully solve the Pot O'Gold Word Challenge during Arcade Expo 4.0. The answers relate to pinball and arcade machines within the museum. Good luck !!!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

That's my job. What else did you not know you wanted to know?

I am glad you post here regarding the expo. Thanks!

#27 6 years ago

This is turning out to be the best Arcade Expo to date.
    Chucks hard work is nettung us a full line up of new Sterns to play. JJP's all 4, and Jack.
    Plus a few more surprises!

#28 6 years ago

how's the swap meet going to work?

I have a WPC-95 CPU board from a no good gophers I destroyed the ram traces on (trying to switch to NVRAM). Otherwise it was working fine. Is this interesting to anyone?

And I'm currently making a head to head game in the garage, which I didn't take into account just how expensive it is since all the parts are doubled. so far avoiding pulling trigger on brand new ones at pinball life.. but need:
    2x 8 ball troughs
    4x sling shots
    6x pop bumpers
    2x inline 3 drops

if anyone has stuff like that laying around.. I guess I alternatively bid on two of the auction games and start harvesting.. might be cheaper?

#29 6 years ago

Im imagining the swap meet a lot like the pin a go go in years past. Tons of guys with garage sale type stuff. Backglases, used parts, that one thing your looking for, or that treasures you didnt know you wanted.
    Uncivil engineer and I will have a small table.
    Used system 11 transformer, some cabinet speakers, used plastics, indy ruins, coils. I have a used space glider backglass for em gun game. Super rare, dought anyone needs it. I will also have some nice coin doors.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im imagining the swap meet a lot like the pin a go go in years past. Tons of guys with garage sale type stuff. Backglases, used parts, that one thing your looking for, or that treasures you didnt know you wanted.
    Uncivil engineer and I will have a small table.
    Used system 11 transformer, some cabinet speakers, used plastics, indy ruins, coils. I have a used space glider backglass for em gun game. Super rare, dought anyone needs it. I will also have some nice coin doors.

I will be a Tech at the show, so thanks in advance to Eric for letting me bunk with him....
    I will be bringing a lot of Gottlieb System 3 mechanical parts, plus some good ramps, plastics, and wireforms for SF2.

I am also considering selling my restored SF2. You can see the restoration thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-street-fighter-or-this-thing-should-be-dead

Contact me via PM if you are interested, as I am still trying to settle on a price.

#31 6 years ago

I am gonna be there all three days.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

I don't understand this. TPF is built from the ground up and torn down in a hotel over a weekend. Aren't the Banning games setup all year around in the space they occupy? Why on earth would any event here have to coincide with any other big pinball show?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Yeah buddy! Cheddar already chimed in but the same group of us are coming down again and we all want to play a game with you!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I don't understand this. TPF is built from the ground up and torn down in a hotel over a weekend. Aren't the Banning games setup all year around in the space they occupy? Why on earth would any event here have to coincide with any other big pinball show?

Which show are you attending?

#35 6 years ago

Load in and set up for the Pinball, Arcade and Game Room Swap Meet and Flea Market is from noon to 1pm. All sellers and buyers need to have Arcade Expo 4.0 attendance paid and wrist bands ON.
    Best entry point for load-in setup is East Westward. The slide open chain link fence will open at noon and close at 1pm.

Swap Meet and Flea Market is from 1pm to 5pm. First come first served until spots are full. Please share spots as much as possible. No charge for spots, no charge for sales. Please keep all items related to Pinball, Arcades and Game Rooms. Thank you.

Load out and tear down is form 5pm to 6pm.

I'll have a draft complete program listing within a week. Saturday will be a busy day with the auction, at least three bands, Jersey Jack Q&A, four presentations, movies, bars, vendors, charities, food, Pot O'Gold Challenge, Kong Off 6, pinball tournament, RCF Fight Night tourniment, arcade game tourniment, and a few top secret things we can't release yet. of yea, and 1100+ pinball machines and video games on FREE PLAY including four spookies, four JJPs and ???????.

IMG_5519 (resized).JPGIMG_5519 (resized).JPG

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

Quoted from Leeb18509:I don't understand this. TPF is built from the ground up and torn down in a hotel over a weekend. Aren't the Banning games setup all year around in the space they occupy? Why on earth would any event here have to coincide with any other big pinball show?
    Which show are you attending?

I'll be at TPF. I and a few others have plans to make it out to Banning sometime, but since they have more than one show a year out there it has to be TPF next month.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I'll be at TPF. I and a few others have plans to make it out to Banning sometime, but since they have more than one show a year out there it has to be TPF next month.

I know a few doing both shows. Just need a plane ticket and determination.

#38 6 years ago

Haha, maybe if I was on the Jersey Jack expense account..!

#39 6 years ago

Texas is becoming the show of record now that Expo is officially stupid. I have friends in SoCal going to TPF who would have gone to Banning on another date, so it's really too bad the overlap couldn't have been addressed. I don't understand it personally, John owns the building, you'd think the dates could be more flexible, but maybe I don't understand all the factors.

If I cared more about pinball shows I'd go to Texas, but to be honest I'm mostly burned out on them now. I'll get out to Banning for a day to support all the hard work going on though.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Can't disagree with that planning. TPF will probably switch their show dates again next year, it's sort of a moving target for them do to availability of their rented location. On the other hand, we're always the same weekend now so you can make your plans years in advance. St. Patty's day weekend. Also keep in mind, we're a completely different show. Thanks for thinking of us.

#41 6 years ago

More breaking news coming in a few days but for now I'll give you this:

Saturday presentations:
    1pm Did you know? The Dark History of Pinball (theater)
    2pm Pinball maintenance and repair 101 (theater)
    3pm Pinball maintenance and repair 201 (theater)
    4pm How to buy your first pinball machine (theater)
    5pm Q&A with Jack Guaneiri of Jersey Jack Pinball (main stage)

After 6pm we have animated shorts (arcade style) and movies in the theater and bands on the main stage.
    The magic of LaMasters and balloon artist all day Friday and Saturday.
    Four bands scheduled now with more coming on board. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Our on campus Camp Ground is filling up, make your reservations soon.
    Starcade is confirmed. Play pinball and video games outside under the cabanas in the camp ground from morning to after midnight.
    lots more to come.

#42 6 years ago

This just in......

Marco Specialties just announced that Arcade Expo 4.0 will set a new record for the most amount of brand new Stern Pinball machines ever at a single event. We will have 16 new Sterns in the Marco booth. Congrats Stern, Marco and Arcade Expo 4.0

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

This just in......
    Marco Specialties just announced that Arcade Expo 4.0 will set a new record for the most amount of brand new Stern Pinball machines ever at a single event. We will have 16 new Sterns in the Marco booth. Congrats Stern, Marco and Arcade Expo 4.0

That's great news! Congratulations guys you deserve it!

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

This just in......

Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.., will the pinball machine Deadpool or the pinball machine Iron Maiden be there from Stern/Marco?

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am gonna be there all three days.

Good to hear! Are you going for any of the tech days as well? (this goes out to everyone here).

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crans:

Spoiler Alert!!!
    Much more has been added snice last year.
    » YouTube video

So you're saying I need to film an update to that?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Good to hear! Are you going for any of the tech days as well? (this goes out to everyone here).

Probably not the 24th, but anything after that.

#48 6 years ago

Do you guys have a Rob Zombie's Spookshow International on display?

#49 6 years ago

Can’t wait for this event! Booked my hotel already and counting down the days. It will be nice to see the hard work some of us AZ guys (and CA guys) did on the arcade side repairing machines. Thanks for the hard work getting the show all out together.

Scott

#50 6 years ago

If anyone here is considering joining the pinball volunteer team at banning I highly suggest you do it. I would do it every time, but I am disabled now. I know in the future, like say next year, I will be in that rotation.

But my point. If you are thinking about volunteering here what a great opportunity. From many angles. If you are on here (Pinside) and were thinking about volunteering, you should.

My opinion.

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-expo-march-17-19-in-banningca?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.