Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dbellAZ
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-386.jpg
    image-101.jpg
    image-172.jpg
    image-657.jpg
    image-752.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-482.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-637.jpg
    image-799.jpg
    image-998.jpg
    image-651.jpg
    image-316.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

From what I can tell the people who are planning on only being there one day (that would be me and most of my friends it seems) that day will be Saturday.

Yeah...it's sooo faaaar (wah wah wah lol) - so, I'm going to go the one day with the longest hours.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

20 minutes for me.

Sure, but you live in Bumblefuck.

Banning is a tough sell for anyone who lives closer to LA or further.

I kinda don't want to go, to be honest ..but I feel like I should.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Besides that, how could anyone living within a 2 hour drive pass on such a local event? Its not like you have to buy a plane ticket, book it weeks in advance, get a hotel room for a weekend, pay for over priced hotel food and drink. etc. etc.
    Its local. Plan for one day, if it doesn't float your boat, turn around and go home. It will cost you less than most people pay for some lame a$$ mod they buy for their game!
    I can see not including the family with a number of unknowns but I would think every local pinhead should be supporting them if at all possible.

I know, I just hate long drives...but I'm going, I'm going...lol

1 week later
    #110 9 years ago
    Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

Does anyone know if there are going to be any vendors at the show that will have pinballl 2000 glass for sale?

I have a used piece with a hairline scratch on it that'd I'd sell. You really don't see it unless the flashers are going off.

1 week later
    #182 9 years ago

It was pretty awesome. I just went on Saturday. Seemed like a huge turnout, everyone seemed happy and having a good time! I guess I had super low expectations - it totally blew them away. It was very clean and professional. Nice set up & artwork. Tons of staff...loudspeaker announcements for cool things that were happening. I liked how the games were organized by era/manufacturer.

My old Austin Powers was there! John (the owner of the place) bought it from me years ago.

Sure, you could complain that many games weren't on and the ones that didn't have freeplay ran out of credits...but it was a great first show, IMO. There was always something to play. Even the crowded games didn't really have "lines". As soon as someone was done, you could hop on. This collection is just insanely impressive and awesome - and I'm sure by the October show most of the non working games will be up.

It's just amazing that this is more than a show - it's a guy's personal collection. I can't think of another show like that....due to these games always being there...I hope they will be able to do more events throughout the year!

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Agreed. I didn't spend much time on the DMD's at all.
    And holy cow, I actually ran into Greg in the EM section!
    We had the same philosophy of not wanting to play pins that we've played plenty of times before, and that meant most of the DMD titles weren't something we were going to spend a lot of time on. Played Abra Cadabra for the first time...loved it!

Haha - yeah at shows I don't play "the usual suspects" cuz I've played them all. If I play DMD games, it'll be something a little less common like Pinball Magic, Big Bang Bar, etc. I played my old Austin Powers for old times sake. After that I went to the weird foreign games and then EMs and 80's games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-expo-january-16-18-2015?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.