Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dbellAZ
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-386.jpg
    image-101.jpg
    image-172.jpg
    image-657.jpg
    image-752.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-482.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-637.jpg
    image-799.jpg
    image-998.jpg
    image-651.jpg
    image-316.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

So ehhh.... anyone see any boxes that say "Wrastlemania" on them @ Arcade Expo...
    I may have seen...something

Oh what!?!?! That would be amazing!

#152 9 years ago

I'm all packed! Ready to get up at 4am to catch my dumb early flight.

#154 9 years ago

I remember someone saying at one point that there was one there. I know that's super solid info, maybe in the other thread?

#155 9 years ago

The wife and I decided last minute to make the trip from the Bay Area. Driving down tomorrow night to be there bright and early at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Can't wait!

#156 9 years ago

I'm working a half-day tomorrow and then driving down with a buddy in the afternoon. I'll be there Sat and Sunday, but I'll probably wind up hanging out at the venue Friday night as well. Keep your eyes peeled for a goateed gentlemen with a shaved head (though I may be rocking a beanie if I'm still fighting this sinus infection) and a tattoo sleeve of Universal Monsters on his right arm. He is me. I just finished packing, and I'll be rocking a Skeletor shirt on Saturday.

#157 9 years ago

***double post***

Post edited by 30FathomDave: doh

#158 9 years ago

Spirit confirmed to be there.... Whether it's working or not is a different question

#159 9 years ago

more pix

#160 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure the Spirit's good to go. Nice one, too! And it's in good company.

#161 9 years ago

Lol I meant Spirit Airlines. They often have crappy flight times. :p

#162 9 years ago

Bump it….

#164 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

I'll be driving up tomorrow morning by myself.
    I have 16 displays to install and a booth to set up before the show opens, so if anyone's around early on Friday and willing to lend a hand, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Randy

I am going to be getting there a little before 2 if you still need help.

#165 9 years ago

Id badges are right inside the door, I cant upload a pic but they are in a window right inside the door.

#167 9 years ago

Can't wait to see the first pics, have fun everybody and congrats to the organisers.

#168 9 years ago

More than one hour after open. Tease us with some pics already.

#169 9 years ago

got me some grand champion action!!image.jpgimage.jpg

#170 9 years ago

image-637.jpgimage-637.jpgimage-799.jpgimage-799.jpgimage-998.jpgimage-998.jpgimage-651.jpgimage-651.jpgimage-316.jpgimage-316.jpgimage-473.jpgimage-473.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#171 9 years ago

Ah music to the ears to see all those pins and all those players-thks for the pics and keep-EM coming pls

#173 9 years ago

Ha, the guy in the last picture was "parked" on that Star Trek LE all night long.
    Friday was awesome, not too many people and the only machine I had to wait for was that Star Trek LE. (Which by the way is an Awesome pin!)

#174 9 years ago

Here's a picimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Or two
    image-482.jpgimage-482.jpg

#175 9 years ago

There were a lot of games turned on and off throughout the day/night. I'm guessing they want to make sure there are enough playing games left for the record attempt today. I will be soending some time with the EMs today. I will take some better pictures today.

#176 9 years ago

I had a blast yesterday! I'm about to grab some breakfast, and then I'll be back for a couple more hours before heading back to AZ.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-752.jpgimage-752.jpg

image-386.jpgimage-386.jpg

image-657.jpgimage-657.jpg

image-172.jpgimage-172.jpg

image-101.jpgimage-101.jpg

#177 9 years ago

What a blast! Sad I don't get to hit up day three, but gotta catch a flight. Gonna post a review when I get home in front of a real keyboard. Have fun today guys. If anyone is there at the end of the day and wants to grab any remaining Id badges and keep them for another event or something, please feel free.

#178 9 years ago

Had a blast fri at the expo! Are they going to open it anytime during the year on weekends? Are have another expo in 2015?

#179 9 years ago

Oct 2015 they're having another event

#180 9 years ago

Will have to book tickets for October then

#181 9 years ago

Just got back home. Can't wait for the next one.

#182 9 years ago

It was pretty awesome. I just went on Saturday. Seemed like a huge turnout, everyone seemed happy and having a good time! I guess I had super low expectations - it totally blew them away. It was very clean and professional. Nice set up & artwork. Tons of staff...loudspeaker announcements for cool things that were happening. I liked how the games were organized by era/manufacturer.

My old Austin Powers was there! John (the owner of the place) bought it from me years ago.

Sure, you could complain that many games weren't on and the ones that didn't have freeplay ran out of credits...but it was a great first show, IMO. There was always something to play. Even the crowded games didn't really have "lines". As soon as someone was done, you could hop on. This collection is just insanely impressive and awesome - and I'm sure by the October show most of the non working games will be up.

It's just amazing that this is more than a show - it's a guy's personal collection. I can't think of another show like that....due to these games always being there...I hope they will be able to do more events throughout the year!

#183 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It was pretty awesome. I just went on Saturday. Seemed like a huge turnout, everyone seemed happy and having a good time! I guess I had super low expectations - it totally blew them away. It was very clean and professional. Nice set up & artwork. Tons of staff...loudspeaker announcements for cool things that were happening. I liked how the games were organized by era/manufacturer.
    My old Austin Powers was there! John (the owner of the place) bought it from me years ago.
    Sure, you could complain that many games weren't on and the ones that didn't have freeplay ran out of credits...but it was a great first show, IMO. There was always something to play. Even the crowded games didn't really have "lines". As soon as someone was done, you could hop on. This collection is just insanely impressive and awesome - and I'm sure by the October show most of the non working games will be up.
    It's just amazing that this is more than a show - it's a guy's personal collection. I can't think of another show like that....due to these games always being there...I hope they will be able to do more events throughout the year!

Well said Greg. It was obvious when we spoke at the show that we were both pretty darned impressed.

And I agree completely about the lines. I never had to wait in a line any longer than 1 person in front of me to play (ie, someone playing the pin, 1 person in line behind them, then me). And often in that scenario the person in front would offer to play a multi player game anyway, resulting in an even shorter wait.

Just a great show overall.

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

And I agree completely about the lines. I never had to wait in a line any longer than 1 person in front of me to play (ie, someone playing the pin, 1 person in line behind them, then me).

Plus there was always something awesome and open right near the game you wanted to play, we just hopped on a different game, and then when we were done the game we had been hoping to play was almost always free by then.

It helped that I was mostly skipping the modern DMD games though, they seemed to have more lines. I already know most of them or can play them any time. The older solid states were awesome, had a blast on them. I'd never had a chance to play Jungle Lord for instance. All sorts of cool layouts and gimmicks from that era.

#185 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Plus there was always something awesome and open right near the game you wanted to play, we just hopped on a different game, and then when we were done the game we had been hoping to play was almost always free by then.
    It helped that I was mostly skipping the modern DMD games though, they seemed to have more lines. I already know most of them or can play them any time. The older solid states were awesome, had a blast on them. I'd never had a chance to play Jungle Lord for instance. All sorts of cool layouts and gimmicks from that era.

Agreed. I didn't spend much time on the DMD's at all.

And holy cow, I actually ran into Greg in the EM section!

We had the same philosophy of not wanting to play pins that we've played plenty of times before, and that meant most of the DMD titles weren't something we were going to spend a lot of time on. Played Abra Cadabra for the first time...loved it!

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Agreed. I didn't spend much time on the DMD's at all.
    And holy cow, I actually ran into Greg in the EM section!
    We had the same philosophy of not wanting to play pins that we've played plenty of times before, and that meant most of the DMD titles weren't something we were going to spend a lot of time on. Played Abra Cadabra for the first time...loved it!

Haha - yeah at shows I don't play "the usual suspects" cuz I've played them all. If I play DMD games, it'll be something a little less common like Pinball Magic, Big Bang Bar, etc. I played my old Austin Powers for old times sake. After that I went to the weird foreign games and then EMs and 80's games.

#187 9 years ago

met so many good people. had a blast. looking forward to hearing what the plans on for keeping it open throughout the year.

heres some random pictures i took https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2GWZuqDGn3Uzz

#188 9 years ago

I mostly played DMDs because I wanted to put up initials, and to practice games I hadn't really played before. Lots of great solid state stuff and I do like all the EMs - can't wait to see them when most of the EMs are working - so many I hadn't seen before

#189 9 years ago

It was a great event and i am resting
    From well over 400 hours of volunteer
    Work (incl shopping out 300 some games)

Next event will have some more new games

#190 9 years ago

(Yawnnnnn) were just recovering from the long weekend at AE15

Awesome event!

#191 9 years ago

Saw this at expo. That's just not right.image.jpgimage.jpg

#192 9 years ago

Friggin crime

#193 9 years ago

Maybe running the Williams All-in-one Board was the only way to get Blaster back in working order. I suppose if it were possible, they should have disabled all the other titles.

Can't tell from the photo, was Blaster one of those Bubble's/Drain-O can cabinets?

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Maybe running the Williams All-in-one Board was the only way to get Blaster back in working order. I suppose if it were possible, they should have disabled all the other titles.
    Can't tell from the photo, was Blaster one of those Bubble's/Drain-O can cabinets?

It did not run Blaster. Yes, it's a Duramold Cabinet.

#195 9 years ago

Those 19 in 1 boards do run blaster, and yes it should have been set to only that game!

But it's not like you can't get replacement boards and / or ROMS for the original. A crime indeed!

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Those 19 in 1 boards do run blaster, and yes it should have been set to only that game!
    But it's not like you can't get replacement boards and / or ROMS for the original. A crime indeed!

When I scrolled through the games I did not see blaster as an available game. Maybe I missed it, but I scrolled through twice.

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

When I scrolled through the games I did not see blaster as an available game. Maybe I missed it, but I scrolled through twice.

According to this ad, it's on there:
    http://www.jammaboards.com/store/19-in-1-classic-horizontal-multigame-collection-pcb-19in1.html

But it does seem like I did see Blaster on the screen at one point on Sunday. I'm going thru my pictures to see if I got a picture of it.

#198 9 years ago

I played Blaster on this machine.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-expo-january-16-18-2015/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.