Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dbellAZ
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-386.jpg
    image-101.jpg
    image-172.jpg
    image-657.jpg
    image-752.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-482.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-637.jpg
    image-799.jpg
    image-998.jpg
    image-651.jpg
    image-316.jpg
    image-473.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

I thought you guys might be interested in this inaugural SoCal event...

www.arcadeexpo.com

event_promo.jpgevent_promo.jpg

#2 9 years ago

This is great that someone is doing for this for Socal.

This is different that many other shows in that there are already games at this location. Are we encouraged to bring our games like other shows/expos or are we just going to show up and play all the games that are there?

#3 9 years ago

Very cool! I like the fact that an airport is next door. Will be trying to make this show for sure!

Mike

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

This is great that someone is doing for this for Socal.
    This is different that many other shows in that there are already games at this location. Are we encouraged to bring our games like other shows/expos or are we just going to show up and play all the games that are there?

No need to bring games - just show up and play!

#5 9 years ago

Good to see you guys got back on the horse after the kickstarter.

Found this facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/arcadeexpo

And this video:

http://vimeo.com/97062845

#6 9 years ago

Was wondering whatever became of this

#7 9 years ago

WOW that place is huge! Looks interesting...

#8 9 years ago

I look forward to attending. Let us hope you focus on Quality more than quantity.

#10 9 years ago

I hung out with John and Dave in seattle and I will be bringing some rare classics to the show. I am really looking forward to this.

Joe(acejedi)

#11 9 years ago

Finally! Something for us in SoCal!

2 months later
    #13 9 years ago

Time to dredging this up

Place us coming along Nicely but it's so huge
    It still be a nail biter to get ready

Remember this will be over 700 !!!!
    Games , pinball & Arcade

Stuff you have never seen before in the flesh
    Pictures will not do it justice

You MUST check this out in person !!

3 weeks later
    #14 9 years ago

bumping as a lot of progress has been made since the last update: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=725375787537404

#15 9 years ago

That video was great. Love not only how many machines, but how many are old school. I'm spoiled by being able to play all the modern machines with collector friends, don't get as many chances to check out old solid states and EMs. I'll be there for sure!

4 weeks later
    #16 9 years ago

Tickets purchased, room reserved! This will be my first Pinball expo! Can't wait

#17 9 years ago

It's gonna be ready, and amazing!

2 weeks later
    #18 9 years ago

In preparation for Arcade Expo (January 16-18, 2015 in Southern California), we thought it would be fun to attempt to break the WORLD RECORD for the "most people playing pinball simultaneously" which was recently set by the Texas Pinball Festival earlier this year. A little friendly competition...all in good fun!

If you'd like to learn more and RESERVE YOUR SPOT, watch the video here > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/museumofpinball/new-world-record-most-people-playing-pinball-simul/

And, if you'd like to purchase a ticket for Arcade Expo, click here > http://www.arcadeexpo.com
    // Error: Image 316356 not found //

#19 9 years ago

David and everyone else I know who keeps showing up on weekends to shop games, take pics as you work and bump this thread with them! Get some excitement building.

#20 9 years ago

Oldies but goodies.

pinball.jpgpinball.jpg
    #21 9 years ago

Take a look at ONE of the many sections of pins and games that are waiting for you to play. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/museumofpinball/new-world-record-most-people-playing-pinball-simul

FB_pinballs.pngFB_pinballs.png

1 week later
    #22 9 years ago

Download a PDF flyer (8.5 x 11) to post or hand out to friends > http://www.arcadeexpo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/poster_85x11.pdf

poster_85x11.jpgposter_85x11.jpg

#23 9 years ago

Do you have a vendor area?

#24 9 years ago

Not much buzz about this? It's only like 6-7 weeks away ....

rd.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Not much buzz about this? It's only like 6-7 weeks away ....
    rd.

I'm telling people about it person when I see them, just recruited a tech to hopefully help shop out EM games. A lot of the SoCal people aren't active on the forum, but they read and/or know what's going on.

I'd love to see more buzz though for sure!

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

Do you have a vendor area?

Here's the Sponsor and Vendor information - http://www.arcadeexpo.com/sponsor-info/

#27 9 years ago

It's coming up soon now
    Can't wait to play Hercules !!

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

It's coming up soon now
    Can't wait to play Hercules !!

Take some pics next time you're there working on things, lets get people hyped up!

#30 9 years ago

In case anyone is waiting to book a room, the Arcade Expo website says that you need to book at the Hampton Inn by 12/15 to get the special rate ($109), but when I called today they said the rate closed on 12/1 and the best rate was now around $160.

#31 9 years ago

There is a Groupon deal for 40% off admission, but only about 5-hours left.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/arcade-expo

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

There is a Groupon deal for 40% off admission, but only about 5-hours left.
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/arcade-expo

Thanks for sharing. Still active.

1 week later
    #33 9 years ago

Bump - who is going to Arcade Expo?

Marco and Nifty LED will be in attendance...

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Bump - who is going to Arcade Expo?

Will there be "older" games?

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For some reason, all the WMS 60's titles have been removed from the list of 500+ games? Seems a bit odd, O-din.

Just kidding.......

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ask that Nimblyguy - he'll tell you there are a bunch...

#37 9 years ago

Not much info seems to be available on the tournament. Anyone have some details? Time, cost, divisions, etc? IFPA points? I'm sure I'm not the only that would like to know. It's more fun to compete!

#38 9 years ago

Just got a three day pass and a plane ticket for christmas!!! STOKED!!!! Who all is going? I will bring Pinside ID badges so we can find each other.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Just got a three day pass and a plane ticket for christmas!!! STOKED!!!! Who all is going? I will bring Pinside ID badges so we can find each other.

I will be there a minimum of Friday night and all day Saturday.

#40 9 years ago

I'll be there...with bells on.

#41 9 years ago

I'll be there on Friday for sure, and maybe Saturday.

#42 9 years ago

So I have a bunch of pinside laminated I'd badges I want to make available to any pinsiders for free so we can recognize each other and say hi. Anyone that works at arcade expo know if there's any tables for flyers or something of that nature that I could put a small box at? Or any vendors that have a booth that will let me put them at their table?

Also, any interest in a pinside meet up? Like a specific time and place?

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from dbellAZ:

Not much info seems to be available on the tournament. Anyone have some details? Time, cost, divisions, etc? IFPA points? I'm sure I'm not the only that would like to know. It's more fun to compete!

INDISC is happening the weekend after arcade expo. Largest annual tournament in the area!

#44 9 years ago

Hi Practical Steve

Will set you up with a table for the badges
    You can mail ahead of time or bring Friday
    Before opening

See you there

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Hi Practical Steve
    Will set you up with a table for the badges
    You can mail ahead of time or bring Friday
    Before opening
    See you there

Awesome! I will be there early Friday so I will probably just set up beforehand rather than mail them. I did this at PAGG last year and I think I went about it the wrong way. I had them in a box that said FREE really big on it at a vendor table and all of them were gone in a half hour, I think because people just like free stuff, I think a lot of people took them that had no idea what pinside was. So this time they will be a little more "low profile".

Also since it sounds like rvdv will provide a table, if you know you are coming for sure and if you want me to, I will write your name on it ahead of time. There's a spot for your pinside id and your real name. I will write just your pinside name in ahead of time basically reserving it for you. I will provide lanyards, badges and markers to fill them in.

I will post pics later of what they look like so you can keep an eye out for them. Also will take a quick pic the first day and put it in this thread.

#46 9 years ago

Guilty practicalsteve for stealing said "badges."
    (Only one though... )
    The box did say "FREE" on it and I wAs technically a Pinside member.
    Rob Anthony was my witness.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Ask that Nimblyguy - he'll tell you there are a bunch...

Yes... Yes they have a, "bunch."
    *whispers*
    Check out David T's two pics above for proof... ^

I'll try to post newer pics on Sunday.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Guilty practicalsteve for stealing said "badges."
    (Only one though... )
    The box did say "FREE" on it and I wAs technically a Pinside member.
    Rob Anthony was my witness.

Well that was the point! I think others grabbed them just to grab. Hope you met some fellow pinsiders because of it&

#49 9 years ago

I may go down for this, depending on logistics, were supposed to go to Disneyland with some friends sometime in January, as they are pinball fans as well this might fit in nicely (though they have a little kid so it may not be the best, then again, imagine what taking a 4 year old to this type of event must do to them growing up, she might end up a pinhead for life lol...)

#50 9 years ago

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-expo-january-16-18-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.