Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rvdv
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monte Carlo BB (resized).jpg
    Blackwater BB (resized).jpg
    IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0200 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0190 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0281 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4102 (resized).PNG
    Let's Visit The Pinball Museum In Banning California (resized).jpg
    IMG_0989 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0538 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NiftyLED.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Switching over to LED's on the 80's and up crowd would definitely make things better in the long run.
    I also agree that blanketing cool white everything in the building would be a major travesty. (*cough* PHOF)
    If one of the major LED suppliers want to step in to help, be my guest. Having a single LED supplier like Comet or Cointaker with a multitude of bulb choices would be sweet to see in Banning.
    Heck, I'd even get Herg involved (LED OCD) for the DMD rows to keep both camps happy.
    Energy/heat savings aside, those poor boards aren't getting any younger.

Quoted from merccat:

If a major LED supplier were to help out with discounted bulk buy in exchange for some sort name placement or whatever that could be a win/win.
    Its no small chore though. It would probably take replacing somewhere over 10,000 bulbs just to cover all the back-glasses.
    But accounting for reduced game stress, using less power and reduces stress on the A/C system it might pay off reasonably quick with the right per LED price.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I bet a team of us could change all the back glass Gi to led in one weekend. I was gonna say day but that might be ambitious.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

. If it were me I would LED everything, which I realize is complete heresy to many so no need to scold me.

We've offered Arcade Expo, basically exactly this, even if just the backglasses were done it would help.

Tim at the PHOF chooses the cool white LEDs and doesnt care what anyone thinks...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NiftyLED.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-expo-30-whos-going?tu=NiftyLED and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.