2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 230 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rvdv
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 69 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Monte Carlo BB (resized).jpg
    Blackwater BB (resized).jpg
    IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0200 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0190 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0281 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4102 (resized).PNG
    Let's Visit The Pinball Museum In Banning California (resized).jpg
    IMG_0989 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0538 (resized).JPG

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 2 years ago

IMG_5157 (resized).JPG

#102 2 years ago

Cheddar, jabbles180, pinballholder as practicalsteve are all there already. Look for us in the red tech shirts

#103 2 years ago

I'm always wearing this hat

IMG_3657 (resized).JPG

#104 2 years ago

Looking very practical, Steve!

#105 2 years ago

Also if anyone is 420 friendly, feel free to hit me up

#106 2 years ago

I'll be sporting my Kobra Kai karate kid shirt. I may or may not show you mercy lol.

#107 2 years ago

Also a red shirt and having a blast! I think this is more fun than playing.... well not really, but it certainly enhances the experience.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

I'll be sporting my Kobra Kai karate kid shirt. I may or may not show you mercy lol.

Sweep the leg. No mercy.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Also if anyone is 420 friendly, feel free to hit me up

I just got my card and went today to pick up a small supply. Honestly, I'm not much into it, but gotta cut down on the booze. Will be there Saturday.

#110 2 years ago

Anyone see the irony with a bunch of guys wearing red shirts and that there's a Star Trek pin near the middle of the picture?

#111 2 years ago

Great first day! Food vendors are top notch

#112 2 years ago

On my way, 4:30 hour drive

IMG_1604 (resized).JPG

#113 2 years ago

Just got off work at 5am. Two hours later than expected. If I go to sleep I probably won't wake up until late. Thinkin I will just leave now and take nap in back of Tahoe when I get there.

#114 2 years ago

On our way from Phoenix. See you fellas soon.

#115 2 years ago

I'm disappointed in you Pinballew. You're a Cali driver shouldn't that speedo be a few more clicks to the right? You holding up traffic man

#116 2 years ago

Is space jam there and operational? Sadly I got I was able to get a co-worker to go along with me based mostly on space jam being his favorite movie as a kid. . I'm sure he'll have fun regardless!

#117 2 years ago

Just finding space jam will be fun, if it's there. If not I suggest having a game on Hercules. Your friend will likely never play it again in his life.

Unless you all keep coming...

#118 2 years ago

I didn't see Space Jam, but that might be because it's in the newer section of games and I've been concentrating on playing ones I'm not familiar with! Speaking of, I couldn't find Rat Race! Anyone know where it's hidden?

Man azmodeus I laugh every time I see someone walk up to Hercules and they're all excited and they walk away disappointed. Such a neat concept but man, just doesn't end up being fun.

#119 2 years ago

BTW, I've been making a spreadsheet on the fly of all the pinball games I've seen at Expo 3.0... there's typos but you should get it. And I haven't even gotten to the modern sections yet!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10wyymb-YH-hpEI4GUDEXMJGtE5tFaHCjxymsr8Vu8No

#120 2 years ago

Ill be there today wearing this shirt. Say Hi if you see me.

IMG_7293 (resized).JPG

#121 2 years ago

I have arrived. I'm the tall guy in the Zingy Bingy shirt. I'm up for some dollar games.

#122 2 years ago

Cornelius I know exactly what you are saying. The one we played in murrietta a few weeks ago was the exception. We all agreed we could play on that dang thing all day.

It was the flippers were strong and everything just worked as intended. I am excited about playing the Hercules here at banning too.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Speaking of, I couldn't find Rat Race! Anyone know where it's hidden?

Rat race is across from Ac/D.C. I'm playing it now.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Rat race is across from Ac/D.C. I'm playing it now.

Damn! How did I miss it??? I'm headed straight there after breakfast!

Oh.... is it next to the Joust pin?!

#125 2 years ago

If anyone attending was a friend of Steve Charland and wants to remember him, I made little memorial badges you can wear. They are in a little box underneath Spirit, of course

image (resized).jpg

#126 2 years ago

Couple of quick shots...

20170318_131712 (resized).jpg

14898682872331110485221 (resized).jpg

1489868306175-341951563 (resized).jpg

#127 2 years ago

Are they streaming tournaments?

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

spreadsheet on the fly of all the pinball games I've seen at Expo 3.0.

Where are all the 60s EMs and woodrails?
    They certainly have nearly all games made
    from 1970 to present though (especially Ballys)
    also including lots of Euro S/S pins and other rarer stuff.

#129 2 years ago

Here's a few pictures from last night

IMG_1036 (resized).JPG

IMG_1022 (resized).JPG

IMG_1023 (resized).JPG

#130 2 years ago

From last night

#131 2 years ago

I put in high score 2 on my first play of bm66 fun times

IMG_1047 (resized).JPG

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Where are all the 60s EMs and woodrails?
    They certainly have nearly all games made
    from 1970 to present though (especially Ballys)
    also including lots of Euro S/S pins and other rarer stuff.

I haven't added any 1P games since my nephew and I are competing, but there are a LOT of them here. I'll send pix!

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

I put in high score 2 on my first play of bm66 fun times

Seems like a rather easy game.

#134 2 years ago

IMG_0556 (resized).JPG

IMG_0557 (resized).JPG

IMG_0558 (resized).JPG

IMG_0559 (resized).JPG

#135 2 years ago

IMG_0560 (resized).JPG

IMG_0561 (resized).JPG

IMG_0562 (resized).JPG

IMG_0563 (resized).JPG

#136 2 years ago

IMG_0564 (resized).JPG

IMG_0565 (resized).JPG

IMG_0566 (resized).JPG

IMG_0567 (resized).JPG

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I haven't added any 1P games since my nephew and I are competing, but there are a LOT of them here. I'll send pix!

thanks for those extra pics of the EMs
    If you can when things slow down for you in competition with nephew
    add the others to your pinball spreadsheet list, even if they are not multiplayers.

#138 2 years ago

Also how are the EMs playing?
    Are more of them shopped out and tuned up
    and playing well, as that was a common gripe
    from the 1st Arcade expo.
    I know it is going to be a long row to hoe,
    but hopefully they are making some progress,
    even though the majority
    may migrate toward the solid State and DMD games.

#139 2 years ago

Lots of the games with bad reflections

IMG_1025 (resized).JPG

IMG_1018 (resized).JPG

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

Lots of the games with bad reflections

Honestly the worst thing about the expo. But only a small complaint.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

even though the majority

There are a few that are iffy, but for the most part they're working really well! My nephew had a Toledo growing up and he was super excited to play it, but the upper right flipper wasn't working. But I'm sure a tech will figure it out before the weekend is over!

I'm eating dinner right now but when I get back I'll work on that EM list for ya.

#142 2 years ago

Were the crowd pics from yesterday or today? I figured it would be really crowded today. I'm bummed I couldn't make it down for this show. I love that place!

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

even though the majority

We spent quite a while getting night rider playing its best, love that game!

#144 2 years ago

Really nice to meet azmodeus today. Can't believe how well hell he's moving around. Played a few games with him.

Super nice guy, glad I met him

#145 2 years ago

Haven't really been bothered (or really noticed until it was pointed out) by the glare. Its an awesome setup! We will definitely be coming back next year!

#146 2 years ago

I was there for 7 hours, 11 to 6. Here are some thoughts about some of the stuff above, then my review.

Yes it was crowded, from opening onward. It got more crowded as the day went by. But see next.

The condition of the EMs was very very good. Just a small handful were down and out. All the others were ready to go and every one I played performed just as expected, no issues at all. If the EMs are your thing, you can have at them all you want with no problem, regardless of the crowds. All the people are clustered on the other side by the new stuff. I very much enjoyed and appreciated all the EMs and the work that was put into them.

Those lights from above were bad enough on a few games to make it hard to play. Not a huge deal I just did my best to work around it.

Now how is it overall? It is pretty simple. If you like pinball, this is like the best possible dream overload of pinball you could ever want. Seriously, I mean it would be like sending in a bunch of drug addicts into a big hall filled with bowls and bowls of OxyContin pills and you can have all you want for free. I don't know how else to put it. It's that good.

This time I took a photo of each machine I played. When I was on the way I was thinking to myself, I wonder if I could play every machine in there? Then I did some math and figured that wasn't possible even if you spent all day. So I thought I would try to play 100 machines. I ended up playing 80 different machines at least once . That is a lot of pinball! There were moments when I was getting overloaded. But only momentarily. I got to play every machine I wanted to play, except one which was T2. I just couldn't seem to get on that thing. The vast majority of people were polite and played one game then stepped aside if someone was waiting behind them. So even in the crowded area with all the new machines you can get to every one if you are patient.

My strategy was to hit the "new" row first thing when it opened before it got too crowded. I got to play all the new machines I have been reading about, including the new Batman and Ghostbusters. Also Metallica, AC/DC, Tron, Game of Thrones, Attack From Mars and so forth. I played the entire range from old to new and especially enjoyed Firepower, Fathom, Xenon, along with many others. That's really all there is to it. Pure pinball overload.

The video game room is just as awesome if you love video games. Heck I did love those video games when they first came out in the 80s, I played them a ton. But I didn't even bother to play one video game. I can play them all at home now on MAME and that's just as good for me. Actually the entire video game area was mostly empty, even as the other side with pinballs was jam packed with people waiting in line to play. Is there sad irony there? Given that back in the day video games effectively killed pinball machines. Now 30 years later so many people are back into pinball, and the video games are like "eh".

The highlight of the show for me was a kid and his dad playing next to me. The boy was around 8-9. He was really having fun playing. It was an EM. Then he turned and said to his dad "I can't believe how much fun pinball machines are!"

#147 2 years ago

The really shrill overhead announcements are getting to be a little much...

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

The condition of the EMs was very very good.

Good to hear, seems they are working hard at getting all the games up to snuff,
    not just the DMDs and classic S/S pins.
    They do not have many woodrails (1 or 2?)
    or any 60s WMS pins (maybe Daffie/Doozie)
    but hey you can't have it all.
    Certainly an impressive collection
    and it will be on my must return to see show
    next year.

#149 2 years ago

How was the food court this year?,
    same as last year or did they add a few more vendors.
    It was very good last year,
    probably the best variety compared to all the others shows that i have attended.

#150 2 years ago

We have the same burger joint who puts love into each made to order burger. Also have veggie burgers, mac-n-cheese burgers and the tretrus-tots and fries, a Mexican taco truck and more. We have a bar and a more beer booths. Also dont forget the desserts including the custom hand made "on a stick" ice creams and fruit stuff. And there more snacks inside. Also live bands, tons of vendors, karaoke, and so much more. A bunch of celebs last night too.

Next event at the Museum of Pinball is Pinball Madness, a combo Halloween based event, on October 20-22.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 26.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 299.00
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 209.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.95
    $ 16.00
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside