New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 280236)

Arcade Dreams (Documentary on 100-year history of arcade games/pinball)

By BeeGeeMtl

31 days ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by The_Blues
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Arcade-Dreams-Logo-Wide-Stripes_small (resized).png
    Arcade Dreams Backer Rewards Small (resized).png
    arcade-dreams-banner-top (resized).jpg

#1 31 days ago

arcade-dreams-banner-top (resized).jpg

For those interested in documentaries about the history of arcade games + pinball, I'm proud to announce my involvement as executive producer on ARCADE DREAMS (https://arcadedocumentary.com/), an upcoming radical new series that tells the complete story of arcades and arcade games from the early 1900s to today and beyond. The team behind it includes the director of "Viva Amiga" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6398570/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0) and we just recently launched our KICKSTARTER campaign (https://bit.ly/ArcadeDoc) which includes cool exclusives from legendary artists like Rich Davies, ZombieYeti and others.

Arcade Dreams Backer Rewards Small (resized).png

We've already shot over 40% of the documentary and we expect to include interviews with such good folk as Gary Stern, the Sharpes, Jack Danger, Doc Mack, George Gomez and many others, who you can see here: https://arcadedocumentary.com/featuring. Without rambling on for too long, please check out our official trailer and if you wanna support our efforts and the film, please feel free to be a part of it via Kickstarter here: https://bit.ly/ArcadeDoc

Oh and here's a cool SEGA-based video that IMOTO ARCADE helped us create for IGN, just to give you an idea of where this is all headed.

#2 30 days ago

Looks awesome, I'm gonna sticky this for a while to get the word out!

#3 30 days ago

Looks like this could be the best arcade documentary ever produced. Very professional looking . Count me in as a supporter.

#5 30 days ago

This looks like it will be awesome. Will be watching this for sure!!!

#6 29 days ago

Wow that looks awesome!

Kinda seems like it could be an ongoing series that continues indefinitely. Like The Toys that Made Us.

#7 29 days ago

Awesome. I look forward to watching it.

#8 29 days ago

This is very cool,I'm in!!!

#9 28 days ago

Totally in on this. I'm very excited!

#10 28 days ago

Looks like a great project. Backed. Hope you reach your kickstarter target!

#11 28 days ago

Backed, sweet, I love Doc's and to love some thing about something I love is a win win

#12 28 days ago

Can't wait, keep us updated.

#13 26 days ago

O, man.

Can't wait

1 week later
    #14 14 days ago

How is this not being talked up more?

#15 14 days ago

These two topics should be combined.
    I’m very excited to see this.

#16 13 days ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

How is this not being talked up more?

We working on an interview with them, it should be up on TWIP within a week...

#18 12 days ago

I've backed the project and have been very excited for a long time about this.
    I'm a bit worried as Kickstarter is "all or nothing" what happens if they don't reach their... ambitious... $95k goal.

#20 12 days ago

I remember when I saw the first demo reel with Bruce in it. It was the highest production quality I had ever seen for this hobby.
    I really hope this is not only funded, but hits all the stretch goals too. This will be an essential bit of documentation for us, and for the coming generations.

#22 7 days ago

A huuuuuuuge THANK YOU to everyone in this thread for your love and support! Your backing is greatly appreciated and we are hopeful that we will hit our goal so please keep sharing with anyone you know who might also be interested in this project. A little under 3 weeks left!!

I thought I had shared this new "teaser" spot with y'all but I think I posted it in the GAMEROOMS thread but not in here. Check this one out, it's reaaaally sweet looking and gives you a good idea about the quality of the product to come. We're continuing to gather big names for the project, can't wait to announce some more.

Oh and a big thank you to Robin (aka Mr. Pinside) as well, who was nice enough to help us promote it on his front page. Much appreciated!!

#23 7 days ago

Can't wait until you finish. I like what I see so far.

#24 6 days ago

Arcade Dreams Documentary: Interview with Director Zach Weddington

If you'd like to see this happen pinball friends, please consider contributing to their kickstarter!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/arcade-dreams-interview/
    Arcade-Dreams-Logo-Wide-Stripes_small (resized).png

#25 6 days ago
    Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Check this one out, it's reaaaally sweet looking and gives you a good idea about the quality of the product to come.

Which artist did this sweet cover of Hall and Oats?

#26 3 days ago

Love the project and backed for the Collector‘s Edition, but looking at the progress this campaign moves waaay to slow! Hope it‘ll reach it‘s goal, but I doubt it.

#27 2 days ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Love the project and backed for the Collector‘s Edition, but looking at the progress this campaign moves waaay to slow! Hope it‘ll reach it‘s goal, but I doubt it.

Thanks a bunch for your support! We're actually tracking the Kickstarter to hit the target, as we're approaching 60% of the target this week, but the last two weeks is usually the busiest and we hope that more fans will continue to contribute in the next 10-14 days as we strongly believe that we will hit our mark and this documentary will get made and made well! (as you can see from the previews created so far) It's to note that we've already shot over 40% of the film so we're excited to shoot the remainder in the next 6-12 months, after which we hope to get distribution through one of the many streaming services, but ideally...NETFLIX... Please SHARE with any and all friends you believe would also dig this project. Thanks everyone who continues to share and help out.

#28 23 hours ago

That sounds awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted. Looking so much forward to seeing the final result!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 170.96
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside