(Topic ID: 280236)

Arcade Dreams (Documentary on 100-year history of arcade games/pinball)

By BeeGeeMtl

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BeeGeeMtl
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arcade-Dreams-Logo-Wide-Stripes_small (resized).png
    Arcade Dreams Backer Rewards Small (resized).png
    arcade-dreams-banner-top (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

arcade-dreams-banner-top (resized).jpgarcade-dreams-banner-top (resized).jpg

For those interested in documentaries about the history of arcade games + pinball, I'm proud to announce my involvement as executive producer on ARCADE DREAMS (https://arcadedocumentary.com/), an upcoming radical new series that tells the complete story of arcades and arcade games from the early 1900s to today and beyond. The team behind it includes the director of "Viva Amiga" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6398570/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0) and we just recently launched our KICKSTARTER campaign (https://bit.ly/ArcadeDoc) which includes cool exclusives from legendary artists like Rich Davies, ZombieYeti and others.

Arcade Dreams Backer Rewards Small (resized).pngArcade Dreams Backer Rewards Small (resized).png

We've already shot over 40% of the documentary and we expect to include interviews with such good folk as Gary Stern, the Sharpes, Jack Danger, Doc Mack, George Gomez and many others, who you can see here: https://arcadedocumentary.com/featuring. Without rambling on for too long, please check out our official trailer and if you wanna support our efforts and the film, please feel free to be a part of it via Kickstarter here: https://bit.ly/ArcadeDoc

Oh and here's a cool SEGA-based video that IMOTO ARCADE helped us create for IGN, just to give you an idea of where this is all headed.

#2 3 years ago

Looks awesome, I'm gonna sticky this for a while to get the word out!

#3 3 years ago

Looks like this could be the best arcade documentary ever produced. Very professional looking . Count me in as a supporter.

#5 3 years ago

This looks like it will be awesome. Will be watching this for sure!!!

#6 3 years ago

Wow that looks awesome!

Kinda seems like it could be an ongoing series that continues indefinitely. Like The Toys that Made Us.

#7 3 years ago

Awesome. I look forward to watching it.

#8 3 years ago

This is very cool,I'm in!!!

#9 3 years ago

Totally in on this. I'm very excited!

#10 3 years ago

Looks like a great project. Backed. Hope you reach your kickstarter target!

#11 3 years ago

Backed, sweet, I love Doc's and to love some thing about something I love is a win win

#12 3 years ago

Can't wait, keep us updated.

#13 3 years ago

O, man.

Can't wait

1 week later
    #14 3 years ago

How is this not being talked up more?

#15 3 years ago

These two topics should be combined.
    I’m very excited to see this.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

How is this not being talked up more?

We working on an interview with them, it should be up on TWIP within a week...

#18 3 years ago

I've backed the project and have been very excited for a long time about this.
    I'm a bit worried as Kickstarter is "all or nothing" what happens if they don't reach their... ambitious... $95k goal.

#20 3 years ago

I remember when I saw the first demo reel with Bruce in it. It was the highest production quality I had ever seen for this hobby.
    I really hope this is not only funded, but hits all the stretch goals too. This will be an essential bit of documentation for us, and for the coming generations.

#22 3 years ago

A huuuuuuuge THANK YOU to everyone in this thread for your love and support! Your backing is greatly appreciated and we are hopeful that we will hit our goal so please keep sharing with anyone you know who might also be interested in this project. A little under 3 weeks left!!

I thought I had shared this new "teaser" spot with y'all but I think I posted it in the GAMEROOMS thread but not in here. Check this one out, it's reaaaally sweet looking and gives you a good idea about the quality of the product to come. We're continuing to gather big names for the project, can't wait to announce some more.

Oh and a big thank you to Robin (aka Mr. Pinside) as well, who was nice enough to help us promote it on his front page. Much appreciated!!

#23 3 years ago

Can't wait until you finish. I like what I see so far.

#24 3 years ago

Arcade Dreams Documentary: Interview with Director Zach Weddington

If you'd like to see this happen pinball friends, please consider contributing to their kickstarter!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/arcade-dreams-interview/
    Arcade-Dreams-Logo-Wide-Stripes_small (resized).pngArcade-Dreams-Logo-Wide-Stripes_small (resized).png

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Check this one out, it's reaaaally sweet looking and gives you a good idea about the quality of the product to come.

Which artist did this sweet cover of Hall and Oats?

#26 3 years ago

Love the project and backed for the Collector‘s Edition, but looking at the progress this campaign moves waaay to slow! Hope it‘ll reach it‘s goal, but I doubt it.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Love the project and backed for the Collector‘s Edition, but looking at the progress this campaign moves waaay to slow! Hope it‘ll reach it‘s goal, but I doubt it.

Thanks a bunch for your support! We're actually tracking the Kickstarter to hit the target, as we're approaching 60% of the target this week, but the last two weeks is usually the busiest and we hope that more fans will continue to contribute in the next 10-14 days as we strongly believe that we will hit our mark and this documentary will get made and made well! (as you can see from the previews created so far) It's to note that we've already shot over 40% of the film so we're excited to shoot the remainder in the next 6-12 months, after which we hope to get distribution through one of the many streaming services, but ideally...NETFLIX... Please SHARE with any and all friends you believe would also dig this project. Thanks everyone who continues to share and help out.

#28 3 years ago

That sounds awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted. Looking so much forward to seeing the final result!

1 week later
    #29 3 years ago

wow, I love this idea, it is incredible how those machines, even the time pass soo much... they are still super special.

Actually, what is surprising to me is that, back in time, an arcade machine it looks as impossible to get (moneywise) as house... but nowadays, they are not much more expensive as a normal Smartphone... which is kinda mind blow

#30 3 years ago

WOO-HOO! We hit our goal and surpassed it with 2 days left in our Kickstarter campaign!! Thanks to everyone who supported the campaign and all the emails from folks thanking us for making such a documentary. Now we can make it as good as we wanted to! Nice to enjoy a little pure happiness during this pandemic.

All of your love and support for this project was greatly appreciated. The pinball community was very strong and helpful throughout our campaign, so thanks for the bottom of my heart for helping out and we hope to make y'all proud with this documentary.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedreams/Arcade-Dreams-The-Definitive-Arcade-Documentary-Series

#31 3 years ago

That's great! I'm glad you reached your goal. Really looking forward to watching this one day. Hope you guys have a blast making it.

4 weeks later
    #32 3 years ago

The director and DOP of the ARCADE DREAMS documentary just put together a THANK YOU/HAPPY NEW YEAR video for everyone who supported the project through Kickstarter and any other ways, as well as providing a glimpse into some shots from the documentary, after the 2:30 mark. Enjoy and thanks again for all your support!!

https://vimeo.com/495946897

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-dream-documentary-on-100-year-history-of-arcade-games-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.