Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#2 1 year ago

Crazy amount of effort and work for some run of the mill arcade games.

#3 1 year ago

Mach 3 never turns up. In all my years of arcade collecting I've never stumbled on a stash like this.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

For the condition and I bet the price, it’s worth it! Warehouse finds just don’t happen anymore.

As more operators die, estates like this will probably come up again. I’m dealing with a family right now who have to empty about 4 buildings full of arcades and pinballs.
They are mostly in rough shape, but there’s multiple Xenon’s and Flash Gordon’s and mainly 80s solid states.

They’ve been flakey, so I doubt it’ll work out, but if it does, people on this website are gonna go nuts. The goal is to get as much of it as possible back into the community, I don’t need nor want 300+ machines at this point, only about 30 of them are on my radar. If it works out, everything will be priced to move.

#5 1 year ago

Neat story, thanks for sharing

Untouched lots of games like this that have not been cherry picked are getting extremely rare

I used to stumble across still like this all the time 15-20 years ago. Every now and again lately you find something, but, it’s either silly priced or cherry picked over or both.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

They’ve been flakey, so I doubt it’ll work out, but if it does, people on this website are gonna go nuts. The goal is to get as much of it as possible back into the community, I don’t need nor want 300+ machines at this point, only about 30 of them are on my radar. If it works out, everything will be priced to move.

So, should I give you the list of arcade games I'd be interested in now, or....?

#7 1 year ago

If he paid $200 per game that’s 10,800 plus probably 800 in expenses for gas etc. invest another average of 200 per game to get them all running well and cleaned up enough to be presentable you’re up to a little over $22k invested and probably a minimum of $45k worth of games on the open market at todays costs for cleaned up and functional games? Not bad. A lot of labor to be done but not bad.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You obviously do not know what your talking about. Bosconian, MACH 3, Blue Shark, Sinistar, Qbert. These are not run of the mill nor are they cheap to acquire. Those 5 games alone will be worth more then 10K when cleaned up and gone through. I see several more Stern and Williams cabs that if complete and original are also hard to get your hands on and worth a pretty penny.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Blake:

You obviously do not know what your talking about. Bosconian, MACH 3, Blue Shark, Sinistar, Qbert. These are not run of the mill nor are they cheap to acquire. Those 5 games alone will be worth more then 10K when cleaned up and gone through. I see several more Stern and Williams cabs that if complete and original are also hard to get your hands on and worth a pretty penny.

When has that stopped anyone from posting on Pinside?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When has that stopped anyone from posting on Pinside?

Oh I couldn't agree with you more there. The answer is never. Not even a little. Like the Metallica song 'Sad but True'.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Blake:

Oh I couldn't agree with you more there. The answer is never. Not even a little. Like the Metallica song 'Sad but True'.

Someone posting derisive comments about arcade machines on PINside? Say it isn’t so!

Quoted from Miguel351:

So, should I give you the list of arcade games I'd be interested in now, or....?

Buyer pays shipping, if that’s fine with you, then sure! You’ll get added to the list and hopefully it works out

#12 1 year ago

I just want the Stargate!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-barnyard-find?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.