(Topic ID: 261372)

Arcade Auction in Winston-Salem this Weekend Question?

By Oldgoat

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by seeburg220
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1291 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1264 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1268 (resized).JPG
    00CB6868-93B0-4B12-9327-4886E5EADCD3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

cant say i blame them, id be pretty salty as well to go through all the trouble of setting up an auction, doing the legwork to get machines there, paying employees, running the auction, paying taxes, and probably some sort of liability insurance for someone to be using my auction to sell their goods without paying me. honestly its kinda shitty thing to do .

I understand what you are saying but I have always said this. Seller should pay the fees not the buyer. Adding 13% buyers fees then sales tax is stupid. When you sell your house, who pays the RE Commission? The seller does. It’s their product and goods. That’s why 11 pinballs were buybacks as well. NC allows shell bidding.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Auctions are a business. I have been dealing with auction game sales for a very long time. They are one of the more reasonable auctions for fees. I believe super auctions was either 15 or 20 percent on both ends. Some of the online auction houses are similar. I only did one parking lot deal and that was after the auction. I bought a piece back and someone offered to buy it at the price I wanted. Afterwards I went to Rick (who used to run the auction) and asked if he wanted his commission. He told me not to worry about it, but thanked me for the offer. Somebody mentioned liability. If you were unloading in the parking lot and someone slipped and and got crushed, the auction company is going to get sued. Also there are a lot of assumptions about the fees that are wrong. As a business owner I get different fees then a regular guy who does it as a hobby. That's the only reason you see truckloads of games getting dropped off.

I understand they are a business but buyers should not pay the fees period! Most guys going to auctions don’t have a business ID number so adding 600 dollars to a 3k purchase sucks. I appreciate what Auction Game sales does, but buyers fees and shell bidding sucks. You can’t sugar coat this.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

When the auction rules were set up to allow buy backs, buyers premiums, and other fees, it was to encourage vendors to bring equipment and not lose their ass and never come back again. My first AGS I went to was in N C back in 99. I was doing the Indy and Columbus auctions for several years before that. The fees were the same back then, but it wasn't a big deal because most games were a few hundred bucks. I can see how with the prices in the 4,5, or even 10k range can inflate the cost to insane amounts.
    Now getting back to the real topic of parking lot deals. From what I was reading the problem is guys hanging out at check in trying to buy games meant for the auction before they get submitted. In some cases guys are hanging out in the parking lot selling flea market style. Personally i have had guys ask me to sell before the auction. As for the parking lot situation, I have not seen it. My guess would be that a lot of these deals are happening and when confronted the excuse of " it's a deal we had done already and were just meeting here" is becoming the reason. So the next step will be banish all outside deals from the property.

I would agree not to do this in the parking lot. Meet there and go to a Walmart parking lot, take care of the transaction and the head back to the auction to hang out.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Make your drive to the PATZ auction, no fee's what so ever and no sales tax. Cash on the glass.
    John

This I like.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-auction-in-winston-salem-this-weekend-question?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.