(Topic ID: 246148)

Stern Pinball Button Integration could be better...

By NathanN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by NathanN
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    0A42C130-D411-40E6-80BB-5778385F4FAA (resized).jpeg
    RemoveTrashPosts (resized).jpg
    D7B8A3BD-61A4-4CF1-8CC4-2EA39A720BF9.gif
    C4C38176-A580-4C0C-9AB8-EEBF6BBE88F5 (resized).png
    46C35E82-835F-436E-9B2C-7E4CD06E27A9 (resized).png
    giphy1.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    6561A739-E561-4F03-8DAE-A02D36F62780 (resized).png
    3912F732-8E3F-4125-9263-5C1680F627F2 (resized).png
    57DAE58B-DB8D-4FD0-AB04-B96C9BB24448 (resized).png
    C9F91F04-1DE0-46BD-AA1F-FEC0EEB92FD5 (resized).png
    F305607B-D346-4568-89CD-CBCCA855FBCE (resized).png
    A5B737C5-C376-47D2-A705-CD4A47DB93AF (resized).png
    620FCA50-BE3C-4AF1-8341-44491EB7DCAC (resized).jpeg
    20190807_151031 (resized).jpg
    There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

I have heard of Mirco.. however Per Stern they do not use Mirco.. That said how would Stern and JJP have Issues at the exact times? Hmmm

Because Stern uses Mirco........they are just tight lipped about everything. But it’s pretty obvious based on what’s happened.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can do better.

No. He can’t...

#203 4 years ago

nobody under 5 yrs in the hobby should have a podcast. Way too many 1-2 yr know it all's in this hobby. pay your dues, learn your shit, then we might take a listen.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

nobody under 5 yrs in the hobby should have a podcast. Way too many 1-2 yr know it all's in this hobby. pay your dues, learn your shit, then we might take a listen.

I see your point.. but most everyone doing Podcasts has less experience then even I do at this point.. at least reviewing for instance I have more reviews and experience then everyone currently.. I also have 19 episodes of arcade and pinball talk on video.. not podcasted so we are evolving and becoming better. I do appreciate your feedback however and thank you for watching my videos

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

No. He can’t...

The same ol from you Yoko.. constant negative comments.. however thank you for watching I appreciate it

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Because Stern uses Mirco........they are just tight lipped about everything. But it’s pretty obvious based on what’s happened.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Thank you for having a discussion I appreciate it.. yes I agree stern says they do not use mirco, same with JJP but again.. if these same issues keep arising with these manufacturers does that in fact point back to mirco or someone else? Hmm makes you think..

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Thank you for having a discussion I appreciate it.. yes I agree stern says they do not use mirco, same with JJP but again.. if these same issues keep arising with these manufacturers does that in fact point back to mirco or someone else? Hmm makes you think..

Michelin and Bridgestone both use rubber and yet their tires still go flat. Hmmmm makes you think...

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

The same ol from you Yoko.. constant negative comments.. however thank you for watching I appreciate it

I clicked once on an early article, just to see if anyone else was watching. You had like 49 views. Don’t count on my for your clicks. I’m just here to remind you that in two years you may reach “rookie status” and until then no one, and I mean no one gives a flying fuck about your “hey look at me, I have a camera and an unfounded opinion” podcast.

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

I see your point.. but most everyone doing Podcasts has less experience then even I do at this point.. at least reviewing for instance I have more reviews and experience then everyone currently.. I also have 19 episodes of arcade and pinball talk on video.. not podcasted so we are evolving and becoming better. I do appreciate your feedback however and thank you for watching my videos

Hahahahahaha

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

A 3 minute review of medieval madness with zero substance is not a review. It was pathetic

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I clicked once on an early article, just to see if anyone else was watching. You had like 49 views. Don’t count on my for your clicks. I’m just here to remind you that in two years you may reach “rookie status” and until then no one, and I mean no one gives a flying fuck about your “hey look at me, I have a camera and an unfounded opinion” podcast.

That’s pretty funny seeing over 2k people give a shit on Instagram and over 500 on YouTube and the list goes on.. people can say what they want but what I do resonates so love it or hate it how about instead just support a guy that has fun playing pinball.. for free.. no sponsors.. not trying to make money on you.. just filming content when I can between working 2 jobs and 2 young kids to try to provide content that people will enjoy? Again you can keep your opinion that I suck but either way I just want you to acknowledge that there is no reason to piss on everyone just because.. we all like pinball so why can we not just have fun with it.. ??

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Michelin and Bridgestone both use rubber and yet their tires still go flat. Hmmmm makes you think...

That is true.. however they say where their tires are made and have quality controls.. some pinball manufacturers do not do the same types of things which is why we are digging on this

#213 4 years ago

Time to drain this thread.....

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

A 3 minute review of medieval madness with zero substance is not a review. It was pathetic

Same people always talking smack. Refer to my prior comments. My format is in and out .. quick reviews that showcase Gameplay, discuss Playfield dynamics and a written review. You may hate the quick format but personally I hate having to watch 1 hour to find out someone’s thoughts.. just my 2 cents and most prefer my format better hence why I continue to do it.. appreciate the feedback however

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Time to drain this thread.....

Please do.. Side note suggestive recommendations like that being used to make people not like my content does not work.. but you can continue to keep doing it showing you did not take your own advice which was to drain the thread.. Lol

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahahahahaha

Zachy poo..... following what the prior pinsider said most people should have about 5 years of experience? To him you do not even qualify as a podcaster.. most new people have not even been doing this as long as you.. or me.. that is the funny thing.. either way at this point Arcade and Pinball talk is the #1 Unbiased Pinball Review channel for virtual and mechanical pinball games....

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

and thank you for watching my videos

Correction: “our videos”.

#218 4 years ago

Actually in Nates defence, I think the industry is now big enough for a National Enquirer format keep up the good work Nate! Ps, I just heard that the Rothchilds are purchasing Mirco and trademarking the word playfield so that people can go back to calling them tables....BUT....Stern actually has department managers that are ex CIA, so they knew about the rothchilds and decided to team up with Chicago Gaming (who is actually now owned by a Canadian maple syrup company) and beat them to the punch. Pinball is amazing.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahahahahaha

Hey Zach,

I think he is onto something here,

You should start breaking all of your content down to 3 minute segments.....show this guy how much experience you REALLY have in this industry!

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Correction: “our videos”.

Chuck I cannot win on this point.. I say our and people correct me to say my.. I say my and they correct me the other way around.. lol

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Actually in Nates defence, I think the industry is now big enough for a National Enquirer format keep up the good work Nate! Ps, I just heard that the Rothchilds are purchasing Mirco and trademarking the word playfield so that people can go back to calling them tables....BUT....Stern actually has department managers that are ex CIA, so they knew about the rothchilds and decided to team up with Chicago Gaming (who is actually now owned by a Canadian maple syrup company) and beat them to the punch. Pinball is amazing.

See we can all agree there is room for everyone.. glad we figured that out lol. However check my videos and see how many of them are on point.. unlike other formats who are bought and sold by appeasing the manufacturers I can and will say what I want. The difference here is I speak facts as I find them.

The real question is would you rather be ignorant listening to the paid for media or awake listening to formats who don’t give a crap and who just present things as they are found out ? Unbiased? If that makes me the enquirer in your eyes then so be it.. appreciate you watching and commenting

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

See we can all agree there is room for everyone.. glad we figured that out lol. However check my videos and see how many of them are on point.. unlike other formats who are bought and sold by appeasing the manufacturers I can and will say what I want. The difference here is I speak facts as I find them.
    The real question is would you rather be ignorant listening to the paid for media or awake listening to formats who don’t give a crap and who just present things as they are found out ? Unbiased? If that makes me the enquirer in your eyes then so be it.. appreciate you watching and commenting

Actually, I think your videos are hilarious, we get a good kick out of them. But seriously, you should maybe have a disclaimer in the intros letting people know that it’s all bullshit and is for strictly entertainment purposes. Leave the real reporting to the pros.

Not saying that you aren’t professional, just saying that you are entertaining in your own way. Even you talking about how you are the unbiased and not in bed with companies...that stuff is so funny! Keep up the good work

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Hey Zach,
    I think he is onto something here,
    You should start breaking all of your content down to 3 minute segments.....show this guy how much experience you REALLY have in this industry!

Well first off I am onto something. And secondly I shoot video and review and play all at one time on location with generally a crowd behind me.. there is nothing easy about my format seeing I do not have the privilege of having machines on hand to shoot.. I have to hunt them down and shoot on location with a 0 error rate while hauling my equipment around.. so unlike his current format where he talks about it.. I play and talk about it just giving a taste of the game as it were which is the whole point.. I guess let’s test this. He can do my style and I will actually take your advice and take their style.. I will edit, put scores on my videos and just talk about the games.. seems easier to me.. thanks for the suggestion seeing currently I needed games to play on location with 10 people hollering at me while I shot my video live with commentary .. this way I can video myself, discuss what I normally would and not have to do this live on location every time thus improving quality and allowing me to put out more content.. because let’s be real.. shooting on location is hard and to me this will be 1000 times easier.. thanks for the suggestion!

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Actually, I think your videos are hilarious, we get a good kick out of them. But seriously, you should maybe have a disclaimer in the intros letting people know that it’s all bullshit and is for strictly entertainment purposes. Leave the real reporting to the pros.
    Not saying that you aren’t professional, just saying that you are entertaining in your own way. Even you talking about how you are the unbiased and not in bed with companies...that stuff is so funny! Keep up the good work

I am glad you get s kick out of it however real reporting is based on what point? What level of experience? A guy prior said everyone should have 5 years in the industry? If that is the case no one is experienced and we are all non professionals lol.. the reality here is we all like and play pinball but we all have choices who we support whether biased or unbiased.. it is all good personal preferences is all.. I am unbiased, not sponsored, not bought and paid for, not in bed with the current media circle on purpose.. because bias is real.. and it effects reporting, reviews, talk shows and likewise factual reporting. Just my stance is all

#225 4 years ago

Nightmare on Elm Street Future Pinball Review:

#226 4 years ago

Thank you for allowing us to hit 500 subs on YouTube in just 8 short months.. Arcade and Pinball Talk has become The #1 Unbiased channel for Pinball and Virtual pinball reviews..

Our quick format of reviewing which includes Playfield commentary, discussing layout and shots, written review metrics and short gameplay videos allow you the viewer a quick taste of the game and our thoughts so you can get on with your day quicker.. our format has now gone mainstream.. We Talk everything pinball at APT.. Mechanical.. Visual.. Future.. Pinball FX and more..

Subscribe now and support a guy just trying to have fun playing pinball.. I am not trying to sell you something, not trying to make money on you.. just literally trying to have fun.. playing pinball.. makes sense to us.. if it makes sense to you.. SUBSCRIBE NOW https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdYotuI5FNT3k_tcXG4qoA

THANK YOU!

0A42C130-D411-40E6-80BB-5778385F4FAA (resized).jpeg0A42C130-D411-40E6-80BB-5778385F4FAA (resized).jpeg
    #227 4 years ago

Shill post: The Classic Pinball Podcast interviews Keith Christensen, founder of the Houston Arcade Expo.

#228 4 years ago

Batman The Dark Knight Review & Gameplay:

#229 4 years ago

Popeye Visual Pinball Review & Gameplay:

#230 4 years ago

Halloween Special - Monster Bash Remake Review:

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Halloween Special - Monster Bash Remake Review:

They took away my ability to thumbs down. #censorship
    So I have to do it this way
    THUMBS DOWN

#232 4 years ago

Super Mario Bros Visual Pinball Review:

1 week later
    #233 4 years ago

Are pinball manufacturers building and distributing machines, parts, playfields in Benelux? We discuss what we know on this newest episode of Arcade & Pinball Talk:

#234 4 years ago

Three weeks of research and you have not found that benelux = Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg?
    And your description is more about Lichtenstein describing the location or a 'free port' describing its function, but these are just passageways or warehouses where no production happens.
    This video is a total waste of time.. do you do this on purpose or are you really so uninformed?

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

do you do this on purpose or are you really so uninformed?

Yes.

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

We discuss what we know

So this is what, a 2 second episode then?

#237 4 years ago

Flintstones Visual Pinball Review:

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Three weeks of research and you have not found that benelux = Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg?
    And your description is more about Lichtenstein describing the location or a 'free port' describing its function, but these are just passageways or warehouses where no production happens.
    This video is a total waste of time.. do you do this on purpose or are you really so uninformed?

In all honesty I suppose I must make a point here. Please read the description of the video. Every video I do I write the breakdowns of the video and in those breakdowns I detail even more. I appreciate you all watching but instead of picking apart what I say please just listen to what I am saying and understand that I am pointing a flashlight in that general area seeing I feel the PF issues are occurring due to using other manufacturers and or issues with them doing it themselves in another area.. this area..

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

In all honesty I suppose I must make a point here. Please read the description of the video. Every video I do I write the breakdowns of the video and in those breakdowns I detail even more. I appreciate you all watching but instead of picking apart what I say please just listen to what I am saying and understand that I am pointing a flashlight in that general area seeing I feel the PF issues are occurring due to using other manufacturers and or issues with them doing it themselves in another area.. this area..

I gotta hand it to ya, you keep spewing shit with a lot of determination. Well done

1 week later
    #240 4 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic VP Review:

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

That’s a joke, right?

#242 4 years ago

Hobbit Review - Gameplay:

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I gotta hand it to ya, you keep spewing shit with a lot of determination. Well done

Thank you.. shit to some.. gold to others.. blah blah.. Thank you for watching and commenting either way

#244 4 years ago

Are Pinball Toppers worth the money?

#245 4 years ago

Rock on Nathan! Answer is no on toppers. It’s just an added toy. Many buyers of second hand games don’t want the topper for several reasons. Height is usually a determining factor. Don’t let the betas and simps annoy your thread.

#246 4 years ago

Beer signs are not worth the money as there too common and EVERYBODY has them....ugh!!. Original toppers from the classic games back in the day will always hold there value. The new toppers that are being made today are JUNK!!

John

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Rock on Nathan! Answer is no on toppers. It’s just an added toy. Many buyers of second hand games don’t want the topper for several reasons. Height is usually a determining factor. Don’t let the betas and simps annoy your thread.

Thanks for the great feedback my brotha! Fully agree on literally everything you said ! Thank you for watching and your response.. in a sea of negativity your 1 comment makes it worthwhile !

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Beer signs are not worth the money as there too common and EVERYBODY has them....ugh!!. Original toppers from the classic games back in the day will always hold there value. The new toppers that are being made today are JUNK!!
    John

Agree fully! There is definitely a collector market for older toppers but like you said the new ones and the cost.. naw lol

#249 4 years ago

Man around where I grew up, we will be calling you triple ply frying pan face cuz you get shit on by everybody yet you just brush it off and keep coming back with more bullshit. It's pretty impressive actually, I gotta give prop where it's due.

I think you are posting in a wrong place as I think this forum isn't your target audience. Your target audience seem like ppl that are just getting into this hobby without much pinball knowledge cuz watching your game reviews were painful and cringe worthy. Most pinsiders would agree that your reviews are sorely lacking.

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Man around where I grew up, we will be calling you triple ply frying pan face cuz you get shit on by everybody yet you just brush it off and keep coming back with more bullshit. It's pretty impressive actually, I gotta give prop where it's due.
    I think you are posting in a wrong place as I think this forum isn't your target audience. Your target audience seem like ppl that are just getting into this hobby without much pinball knowledge cuz watching your game reviews were painful and cringe worthy. Most pinsiders would agree that your reviews are sorely lacking.

Thanks I appreciate it.. I am pretty stubborn but I have fun doing this so no need to stop. You do make some good points which are as you noticed my reviews have gotten much better and do what they are supposed to do which is to showcase the machines, discuss shots and layout, and a quick gameplay vid for people on the go.. quick one stop shop.. my format may not be for everybody .. like you said experienced pinball players do not care about old machines reviews anyway and have already played the games.. a lot.. so you are right my reviews are targeting new people and experienced people who may not of played that game yet as it were.. some hate me.. some love me but you know what.. the format does at least deliver and I will be doing things to make it better for everyone As I go.. this is still evolving.. I appreciate the feedback truly.. good or bad I will always listen and try to do better.. I am definitely a triple ply frying pan face lol.. thanks again and I truly appreciate you watching and giving feedback !

There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-amp-pinball-talk-newdirtydonnyinterview-cosmiccarnival/page/5?hl=cgpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.