(Topic ID: 246148)

Stern Pinball Button Integration could be better...

By NathanN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by NathanN
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    0A42C130-D411-40E6-80BB-5778385F4FAA (resized).jpeg
    RemoveTrashPosts (resized).jpg
    D7B8A3BD-61A4-4CF1-8CC4-2EA39A720BF9.gif
    C4C38176-A580-4C0C-9AB8-EEBF6BBE88F5 (resized).png
    46C35E82-835F-436E-9B2C-7E4CD06E27A9 (resized).png
    giphy1.gif
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    6561A739-E561-4F03-8DAE-A02D36F62780 (resized).png
    3912F732-8E3F-4125-9263-5C1680F627F2 (resized).png
    57DAE58B-DB8D-4FD0-AB04-B96C9BB24448 (resized).png
    C9F91F04-1DE0-46BD-AA1F-FEC0EEB92FD5 (resized).png
    F305607B-D346-4568-89CD-CBCCA855FBCE (resized).png
    A5B737C5-C376-47D2-A705-CD4A47DB93AF (resized).png
    620FCA50-BE3C-4AF1-8341-44491EB7DCAC (resized).jpeg
    20190807_151031 (resized).jpg
    There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 4 years ago

Which manufacturers have UL or CE Certs?

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Let’s again refocus this post back to the subject matter at hand.. discussing UL and CE certifications and how that impacts you as a buyer if Pinball machines

No one’s discussing it but you, and the other you in the video you posted three times in the last six hours. Just give it up man. And don’t reply to me with that relentlessly positive, “thanks for contributing to the discussion!” crap straight out of the self-promoter’s playbook. There is no discussion. There’s only you, trying to make your vodcast a thing, and everyone else rolling their eyes & laughing.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

No one’s discussing it but you, and the other you in the video you posted three times in the last six hours. Just give it up man. And don’t reply to me with that relentlessly positive, “thanks for contributing to the discussion!” crap straight out of the self-promoter’s playbook. There is no discussion. There’s only you, trying to make your vodcast a thing, and everyone else rolling their eyes & laughing.

I appreciate your comment again. To answer your question I made 6 additional posts to redirect the conversation back to the thread headline to keep the conversation on track. So I did it on purpose seeing there are those who just seem to be trolls and instead of making a point,just talk crap. Their posts are garbage and likewise I moved the conversation along. So again, thank you for your response but most of the people rolling their eyes were at others actions in prior posts not mine. Besides 7 specific people talking about me the other 600 that visited my thread gave me support via message or on this thread..Side note if you do not care about UL/CE designations then Don’t watch it and don’t post lol either way appreciate the commenting and please stop by again

#154 4 years ago

This thread is pure salt

D7B8A3BD-61A4-4CF1-8CC4-2EA39A720BF9.gifD7B8A3BD-61A4-4CF1-8CC4-2EA39A720BF9.gif
    #155 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Side note if you do not care about UL/CE designations then Don’t watch it and don’t post lol either way appreciate the commenting

There is a better way yancy . If you feel like hiding a post, click the trash can icon near the bottom left of the post. It then disappears from your view. If a post is thrown in the trash by some number of users it will be automatically hidden from those who have that setting enabled.

Win-win.

RemoveTrashPosts (resized).jpgRemoveTrashPosts (resized).jpg
    #156 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

I appreciate your comment again.

Completely oblivious to the overwhelming feedback in your thread. Are you the owner of Pinstadium too?

#157 4 years ago

Asking politely for the third time, are you a previous Suncoast Pinball employee?

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a better way yancy . If you feel like hiding a post, click the trash can icon near the bottom left of the post. It then disappears from your view. If a post is thrown in the trash by some number of users it will be automatically hidden from those who have that setting enabled.
    Win-win.[quoted image]

If you don’t like my thread leave? How simple is that. If you don’t like my videos don’t watch them.. how hard is that? For gods sake you all are killing me.. same people over and over.. the salt bae picture was classic though so good job on that, made me laugh something serious

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Completely oblivious to the overwhelming feedback in your thread. Are you the owner of Pinstadium too?

Yoko.. is that you again? Man.. what like the 8th post now.. I am awarding you the troll badge award. Great job!! No .. Not the owner of pinstadium, but I do have a great video dropping on that soon.. I will be posting possibly next week so stay tuned.. I discuss pinside and actually agree with the community.. should be a fun one

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Asking politely for the third time, are you a previous Suncoast Pinball employee?

His avoidance to this question has got me curious now lol.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yoko.. by overwhelming feedback do you mean the 7 people that are trolling me including you? The other 700 people who have viewed my thread disagree with you.. actually if I take out the trollers feedback over and over and over again then add in the people who commented ( I won’t add those who messaged me supporting me) then I would say 50% of the actions so far approve of what I do.. guess what.. I am ok with that .. I can’t please everyone nor do I want to..

#162 4 years ago

So for the 7th time let’s get this thread back on track.. The conversations moving forward are based on discussing UL/CE certifications and how that impacts new machines and old.. ironically older EM and some earlier solid state games have massive issues with fires and or burning out components due to this, likewise current companies could be impacted as well.. the discussion is what have people experienced on older games in this area and if anyone has also experienced anything similar on newer age games up to NIB?

#163 4 years ago

Which companies are UL/CE certified?

#164 4 years ago

Wow this dude is a hot mess

#165 4 years ago

‪Tales from the Crypt Review.. An oldie and still a goodie! I remember watching this on USA up all night with Gilbert Godfrey.. They need to bring the show back !!

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

‪Tales from the Crypt Review.. An oldie and still a goodie! I remember watching this on USA up all night with Gilbert Godfrey.. They need to bring the show back !!

You got the game part right.... I do not believe this show ever aired on USA Up All Night. The crypt keeper was the host of this show, not Gilbert Godfrey. It was an HBO show.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You got the game part right.... I do not believe this show ever aired on USA Up All Night. The crypt keeper was the host of this show, not Gilbert Godfrey. It was an HBO show.

Gilbert Godfrey had a show called Up all night back in the day. It aired on the USA Network. You are right Tales from the Crypt aired on HBO originally and yes the Crypt keeper was the show host but on that up all night show Gilbert was a comedian and would throw jokes and then show these types of shows as the host.. it was classic.. I wish they would bring that back in some format it really was a great show at the time

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Joining the « Are you a previous Suncoast Pinball employee » club too !

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Facts don't matter here. He is no longer representing Suncoast Pinball.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Facts don't matter here. He is no longer representing Suncoast Pinball.

Maybe we need to keep asking. Nathan, where you a previous Suncoast employee? Seems like a simple journalist story honestly. Who knows the honesty Might even gain you some credibility. Come on you know this will keep getting asked just pull the bandaid off the pinball market wants to know...

#171 4 years ago

I don’t think he’s a former suncost employee, just an arcade and pinball fan. He seems to be very passionate about the hobby and has posted in many Facebook groups and YouTube. I think he’s from Sellersburg, IN - Louisville KY area

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I don’t think he’s a former suncost employee, just an arcade and pinball fan. He seems to be very passionate about the hobby and has posted in many Facebook groups and YouTube. I think he’s from Sellersburg, IN - Louisville KY area

Greg Bone shows up in APT's Star Trek unboxing video (in flip flops no less). It's a small world after all.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Greg Bone shows up in APT's Star Trek unboxing video (in flip flops no less). It's a small world after all.

there’s Hollywoodbone -

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Quoted from newovad:

Quoted from Coz:

there’s hollywoodbone -

I’m staying out of this mess!

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Correct. Just a fan of pinball, trying to have fun and give back by asking some tough questions sometimes.. nothing more..

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I’m staying out of this mess!

Where was the Escalera?

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Correct. Just a fan of pinball, trying to have fun and give back by asking some tough questions sometimes.. nothing more..

Then please do it in a responsible way.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Then please do it in a responsible way.

I think we have done this in a responsible way. From our stance being unbiased, to how we research stories and connect the dots..to our reviews .. I think we have done everything we should to be responsible. As we all know everyone including other media people may have different opinions and that is ok.. attacking people is not.. but either way we all have a right to our opinions and that does not mean we are not responsible just because someone disagrees. I do appreciate your feedback and will think of ways to be more responsible seeing we appreciate feedback.

#179 4 years ago

Alien Isolation FX3 Quick review

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

I think we have done this in a responsible way. From our stance being unbiased, to how we research stories and connect the dots..to our reviews .. I think we have done everything we should to be responsible. As we all know everyone including other media people may have different opinions and that is ok.. attacking people is not.. but either way we all have a right to our opinions and that does not mean we are not responsible just because someone disagrees. I do appreciate your feedback and will think of ways to be more responsible seeing we appreciate feedback.

Who is we???? Damaging someone's business reputation without cause and proof is reckless.

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Who is we???? Damaging someone's business reputation without cause and proof is reckless.

We, meaning I am Speaking of myself and the channel. Whose business reputation did I damage?

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

We, meaning I am Speaking of myself and the channel. Whose business reputation did I damage?

I think that is what you need to ask yourselves.

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I think that is what you need to ask yourselves.

I clearly did not damage anyone’s reputation. So not sure what you are talking about ..

#184 4 years ago

Guns N Roses Visual Pinball Review:

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Guns N Roses Visual Pinball Review:

FINALLY!

#186 4 years ago

Shooting the Rapids Remake Review:

#187 4 years ago

Wizard of Oz Review:

#188 4 years ago

Pinside - Pinstadium Discussion: What are acceptable marketing practices in the pinball community?

#189 4 years ago

Medieval Madness Remake CGC Review:

#190 4 years ago

Playboy Visual Pinball Review:

#191 4 years ago

Attack from Mars FX3 Review:

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Which manufacturers have UL or CE Certs?

Is this a real concern for people?

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Is this a real concern for people?

If you are running a business then due to insurance liability it absolutely could be. Personally it would be good to know seeing older pinball games can over heat or catch on fire.. so it is always good to know so you at least know what you are dealing with

#194 4 years ago

Are the clear coat issues at stern and JJP directly related?

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

older pinball games can over heat or catch on fire.

Uninformed nonsense.

Please substantiate your claim by:

defining "older" in this context and

Demonstrating that "older" games are more likely to catch fire because they aren't UL or CE certified.

Underwriters Laboratories has an email address, phone number, and website.

Remaining willfully ignorant does a disservice to your viewers. You can do better. I demand better from my trusted news sources.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Uninformed nonsense.
    Please substantiate your claim by:
    defining "older" in this context and
    Demonstrating that "older" games are more likely to catch fire because they aren't UL or CE certified.
    Underwriters Laboratories has an email address, phone number, and website.
    Remaining willfully ignorant does a disservice to your viewers. You can do better. I demand better from my trusted news sources.

How are my claims wrong when they are right? How is this info not correct? Here are the facts. Every single owner and or operator of EM games have said they can overheat, the wires or boards and could potentially catch fire if not grounded.. most older games especially EM never had this testing done. EM are very dangerous if you do not vet the machine. I think instead of joining the kill the messenger movement here, maybe you should research these items a little more deeply like I did.. ask a operator? How about ask A pinball mechanic? I bet they would tell you the same thing.. the reality here is EM systems can be very dangerous, newer systems however limit these issues, updated testing by UL/CE also limits these hazards.. so not sure how me doing a piece on testing and referencing older machines (EM) is not viable info when in fact I am making people aware of the dangers?

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Are the clear coat issues at stern and JJP directly related?

Have you heard of Mirco? Jesus, seemed like you were just making it all up as you went. Yawn

Also, who is this “we” you keep saying. All I see is you........

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Have you heard of Mirco? Jesus, seemed like you were just making it all up as you went. Yawn

I've only watched one of his videos and that was more than enough.

It was the one about the Pinstadium controversy. He thought it was about Pinstadium buying too many ads on Pinside when in actuality the issue was Pinstadium overbumping their own thread.

Either he's ill informed on all things pinball or he's trolling Pinside.

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I have heard of Mirco.. however Per Stern they do not use Mirco.. That said how would Stern and JJP have Issues at the exact times? Hmmm

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've only watched one of his videos and that was more than enough.
    It was the one about the Pinstadium controversy. He thought it was about Pinstadium buying too many ads on Pinside when in actuality the issue was Pinstadium overbumping their own thread.
    Either he's ill informed on all things pinball or he's trolling Pinside.

Per the thread they discussed them over advertising as well not just bumping the thread. That said I focused on that 1 aspect to tie it back to my stories focus which was what are acceptable advertising practices ? So saying I am ill advised is incorrect. Just my focus of the thread was on certain aspects of what was said vs others.

There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-amp-pinball-talk-newdirtydonnyinterview-cosmiccarnival/page/4?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.