54 days ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by NathanN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

620FCA50-BE3C-4AF1-8341-44491EB7DCAC (resized).jpeg
    20190807_151031 (resized).jpg
    20190807_151945 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    AP (resized).jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 54 days ago

Arcade & Pinball Talk was created to share our love for all things Arcade & Pinball.(Talk Show, News, Rumors, Interviews, Reviews and Gameplay).

Who is your neighborhood Arcade & Pinball Talk guy, Nathan?

First off, I am just a normal guy working 2 jobs, raising 2 young daughters and trying to have as much fun as I can (when I can) playing and talking pinball.. It is very time consuming doing what I do, however as you all know the pinball sickness runs deep and likewise I want to do all that I can to bring you content that is valued by the community...

I am not sponsored. I am not a pinball retailer or distributor. I am not trying to sell you something. I am not paid at all for what I do.. I want to keep this stance as much as possible to make sure the content I generate is genuine and unbiased.. These are my opinions and mine alone.. I hope the Pinside community will respect this stance.

****Please show us your Pinside love and follow us on FB, Instagram and please subscribe to our YouTube Channel! Let’s keep the pinball conversations going!

Arcade & Pinball Talk Channel on YouTube: SUBSCRIBE NOW (Over 500 Pinball Videos)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdYotuI5FNT3k_tcXG4qoA

Facebook Group: Arcade & Pinball Talk

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2160964380629006/

Instagram : arcadepinballtalk

https://www.instagram.com/arcadepinballtalk/

Email APT: arcadepinballtalk@gmail.com

Find Me On Pinside: NathanN

Feedback: I would love any feedback on ways to improve our content and or things we should add to make our content better for the pinball community.. Help me.. get you.. the content that you want..

Thank you for watching and following APT!

Order of Video Headlines for quick search:

1. In the News - Rumors - Interviews

2. Pinball Machine Review and Gameplay

3. Virtual Pinball Reviews and Gameplay

4. How To - Walkthrough - Unboxing - Tutorial

**Video Hyperlinks Below**

1. In the News - Rumors - Interviews ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suncoast Delays due to Layoffs and Quality?

Are Stern and other manufacturers raising prices?

In the News: Stern Star Wars HE Launch

Jurassic Park Pinball Discussion:

Interview: Dirty Donny and Cosmic Carnival

Rumor: Will GNR be the next JJP Title?

Rumor: JJP moving production to Europe?

Rumor: Zen and Stern Partnering?

Zen Entering VPIN Cabinet Market?

Rumor: Stern sold off to Matic?

Will Zen continue support for VPIN Cabs?

2. Pinball Machine Reviews and Gameplay ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deadpool Review:

Monster Bash Remake Review:

Black Knight Premium Review:

Cosmic Carnival Review:

Willy Wonka Review:

Houdini Review:

3. Virtual Pinball Reviews and Gameplay -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Farfalla Remake Zaccaria Review:

Family Guy Visual Pinball Review:

Tropical Zaccaria Review:

He- Man Masters of the Universe Review:

AP (resized).jpg

#2 54 days ago

Dirty Donny Cosmic Carnival Interview

#3 54 days ago

thelaw My last thread was not done properly so I have created a new thread . I am tagging you so you are aware so we can keep our conversations going on this thread that will be used moving forward.

#4 53 days ago

Houdini Pinball Review

#5 51 days ago

New post tomorrow !

#6 50 days ago

Is Guns N Roses the next JJP game?

#7 50 days ago

I've wanted a GNR pin for forever, I want this rumor to be true solo bad! And since Slash helped design the first one, and is a jjp fan, I tend to think it's happening, I may just have to do my first NIB...

#8 50 days ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

I've wanted a GNR pin for forever, I want this rumor to be true solo bad! And since Slash helped design the first one, and is a jjp fan, I tend to think it's happening, I may just have to do my first NIB...

The original GNR is a great game.. we cannot wait to see what the JJP treatment will look like!

#9 49 days ago

Next Post Tomorrow!

#10 48 days ago

After watching this review of a Vpin game, He -Man Masters of the Universe.. I think it is time we discuss making this into a mechanical pinball machine?

#11 46 days ago

In the News - Stern and Zen Partnering?

#12 42 days ago

Is Jersey Jack Pinball moving production to Europe?

#13 40 days ago

Finally, Willy Wonka Pinball Review!!!

#14 40 days ago

Subscribe to Arcade & Pinball Talk Now:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdYotuI5FNT3k_tcXG4qoA

#15 38 days ago

What would people like to see more of.. Mechanical Pinball or Virtual Pinball or a mix? Help me help you to get the content you want to see.. appreciate your feedback!

#16 36 days ago

Cosmic Carnival Review!!!

#17 33 days ago

New post dropping tomorrow!

#18 32 days ago

Star Wars Home Edition Discussion

#19 29 days ago

Kaneda Just Dropped the newest image of Jurassic Park by Stern!! What are your thoughts???

#20 29 days ago

Jurassic Park Pinball Discussion :

#21 27 days ago

Are Stern and other manufacturers raising prices?

#22 21 days ago

Suncoast Pinball Delays due to Layoffs and Quality?

#23 21 days ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Suncoast Pinball Delays due to Layoffs and Quality?

For some reason I couldn't hear audio, but I am rooting for Suncoast! Hopefully just a bump in the road

Side note NathanN

I'm originally from the Cincy area, what did you think of the Reds deadline deals?

#24 21 days ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

For some reason I couldn't hear audio, but I am rooting for Suncoast! Hopefully just a bump in the road
    Side note NathanN
    I'm originally from the Cincy area, what did you think of the Reds deadline deals?

Not sure what was up with audio? I tested it a couple times and it worked? Did you read the description of the video? Thoughts on that piece? Great to hear from another cincy fan!! Regarding cincy not sure I was a fan of the trade lol

#25 21 days ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Side note NathanN

We are rooting for them as well...

#26 20 days ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

Not sure what was up with audio? I tested it a couple times and it worked? Did you read the description of the video? Thoughts on that piece? Great to hear from another cincy fan!! Regarding cincy not sure I was a fan of the trade lol

I just turned on captioning!

Probably my phone though

As for the trade(s)

Im okay with the first 2, upgraded the rotation, sent off the odd man out and recouped a former 2nd round OF prospect

The trade of scooter is ...to be continued

Truth is he wasn't gonna be around after the season, so even a player to be named later is better than nothing, gives these young guys more abs to prove themselves

I didn't think Roark was really helping the team much, whereas Baur is stud, and under control through 2020

#27 20 days ago

We were just down and streamed from Suncoast and heard nothing of layoffs, infact in our Q&A Jon (the owner) was talking about hiring more people. I'm not sure what rumors you are referring to.

As for quality, they had a couple of bumps in the road to start but quickly figured them out and have them fixed.

#28 20 days ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

I just turned on captioning!
    Probably my phone though
    As for the trade(s)
    Im okay with the first 2, upgraded the rotation, sent off the odd man out and recouped a former 2nd round OF prospect
    The trade of scooter is ...to be continued
    Truth is he wasn't gonna be around after the season, so even a player to be named later is better than nothing, gives these young guys more abs to prove themselves
    I didn't think Roark was really helping the team much, whereas Baur is stud, and under control through 2020

I think what you said is accurate.. the IF was a stretch and Puig was questionable but you make a great point some were already gone.. I hope this gets us back to a solid core!

#29 20 days ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

We were just down and streamed from Suncoast and heard nothing of layoffs, infact in our Q&A Jon (the owner) was talking about hiring more people. I'm not sure what rumors you are referring to.
    As for quality, they had a couple of bumps in the road to start but quickly figured them out and have them fixed.

The stories about layoffs were in June prior to launching #1. Most of the staff was terminated on the pinball side. That was a rumor but verified fact. I was told he hired back people but nothing like his prior staff. Stories from 3 separate interviews correlated issues of quality, using parts that were not tested (high breakage) and people not knowing what they were doing.. again I am only reporting here. We hope suncoast can get past whatever is occurring

#30 20 days ago

If you truly want to see Suncoast succeed, why come on here and facebook and spread a bunch "rumors" about some supposed quality issues that nobody else on the largest pinball site in the world is discussing? It reads a lot more like you are trying to sew doubt about Suncoast in an effort to stir up drama and make a name for yourself as some kind of pinball pundit. All you are doing is sewing doubt about a new company, and making some people think twice about buying a machine from Suncoast. This HURTS Suncoast.

Your "source" sounds an awful lot like a crappy employee that was laid off and not called back, which is common in some non-right to work states (of which Florida is one). Suncoast has posted multiple times they are hiring more people to build machines every week.

I'll spell it out again.

This is NOT a large company. It is a startup. They can't afford to have a team of assemblers sitting around and doing nothing if a game isn't ready to be produced. Delays in materials arriving, coding, etc can all stop a production line. Many businesses will lay off production employees for even a day or two due to slack work, because they do not have the money laying around to pay employees for doing nothing. This is also a time where bad employees are laid off and not called back. Some employees will find other jobs and not come back, because they need regular work. Some employees enjoy having the time off. I work for a billion dollar company, and they do the same thing with unskilled labor. Some people like it...some don't.

Again, this is a NEW company. Pinball machines are complicated devices. When you are training new employees on a production line that literally has dozens of steps, you are going to have mistakes and stumble along the way. Hell, even Stern sends machines out with quality hiccups here and there. Jersey Jack POTC has numerous issues. Suncoast has done remarkably well for a new company, and has already produced more games than Deeproot!

In summary, I think it is really shitty what you are trying to do here. Call Suncoast yourself and ask what is going on if it is so concerning, then report on that. Spreading this he-said she said shit and soliciting more people to send you juicy rumors with no names attached is nothing more than tabloid garbage. Be better than that. Build your name on substance, not drama.

#31 20 days ago

dude... just stick to your formula of reviewing 500+ virtual pinball games a month.

This is really low bar clickbait material and totally not cool. It seems like you are beyond desperate for an audience and this is a really shitty way to grab a couple views.

Did you try using your magical reporter powers to actually contact somebody at Suncoast? Or did you just read a rumor on a forum somewhere and barf out a video and cross post it literally everywhere like you do with every single one of your “reviews”?

#32 20 days ago

As for untested breaking parts, Suncoast is using off the shelf parts from Pinball Life and Marco. I have yet to see or hear anything about high breakage. I played the proto-type and it played like a tank. I played two different production models and both of them made it through SFGE without problems.

The group at Suncoast wonderful people and they are trying to make something for the pinball community to enjoy.

#33 20 days ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

dude... just stick to your formula of reviewing 500+ virtual pinball games a month.
    This is really low bar clickbait material and totally not cool. It seems like you are beyond desperate for an audience and this is a really shitty way to grab a couple views.
    Did you try using your magical reporter powers to actually contact somebody at Suncoast? Or did you just read a rumor on a forum somewhere and barf out a video and cross post it literally everywhere like you do with every single one of your “reviews”?

#34 20 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

If you truly want to see Suncoast succeed, why come on here and facebook and spread a bunch "rumors" about some supposed quality issues that nobody else on the largest pinball site in the world is discussing? It reads a lot more like you are trying to sew doubt about Suncoast in an effort to stir up drama and make a name for yourself as some kind of pinball pundit. All you are doing is sewing doubt about a new company, and making some people think twice about buying a machine from Suncoast. This HURTS Suncoast.
    Your "source" sounds an awful lot like a crappy employee that was laid off and not called back, which is common in some non-right to work states (of which Florida is one). Suncoast has posted multiple times they are hiring more people to build machines every week.
    I'll spell it out again.
    This is NOT a large company. It is a startup. They can't afford to have a team of assemblers sitting around and doing nothing if a game isn't ready to be produced. Delays in materials arriving, coding, etc can all stop a production line. Many businesses will lay off production employees for even a day or two due to slack work, because they do not have the money laying around to pay employees for doing nothing. This is also a time where bad employees are laid off and not called back. Some employees will find other jobs and not come back, because they need regular work. Some employees enjoy having the time off. I work for a billion dollar company, and they do the same thing with unskilled labor. Some people like it...some don't.
    Again, this is a NEW company. Pinball machines are complicated devices. When you are training new employees on a production line that literally has dozens of steps, you are going to have mistakes and stumble along the way. Hell, even Stern sends machines out with quality hiccups here and there. Jersey Jack POTC has numerous issues. Suncoast has done remarkably well for a new company, and has already produced more games than Deeproot!
    In summary, I think it is really shitty what you are trying to do here. Call Suncoast yourself and ask what is going on if it is so concerning, then report on that. Spreading this he-said she said shit and soliciting more people to send you juicy rumors with no names attached is nothing more than tabloid garbage. Be better than that. Build your name on substance, not drama.[quoted image]

Please Refer back to my comment above.. I thought we already talked through this on Facebook Jody? I am glad they are trying to get machines out..I never stated suncoast is bad. I only reported that there are issues with quality and per my reports of layoffs and verifications in other areas, I set out to ask the question in the video.. thank you for commenting again and appreciate you following this story.

#35 20 days ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

To answer your question I have spent a month researching and verifying what I put out. Some rumor. Some facts but all in all I am trying to answer a question.. are those things tied together? I think I answered some of those questions but there are still questions to be answered. On a side note I have a ton of reviews on the way..

#36 20 days ago

Does it give you any pause that so many people that in your target market are calling you out on your "reporting"? Perhaps your methods need a tweak?

#37 20 days ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

As for untested breaking parts, Suncoast is using off the shelf parts from Pinball Life and Marco. I have yet to see or hear anything about high breakage. I played the proto-type and it played like a tank. I played two different production models and both of them made it through SFGE without problems.
    The group at Suncoast wonderful people and they are trying to make something for the pinball community to enjoy.

I am glad you had good experiences so far. I personally played the first models and did not have the same experience. I hope they have corrected those issues. I never stated suncoast is bad. I only reported that there are issues with quality and per my reports of layoffs and verifications in other areas, I set out to ask the question in the video.. thank you for commenting

#38 20 days ago

How do you make emojis on pinside??

#39 20 days ago
    Quoted from Outlanes:

Does it give you any pause that so many people that in your target market are calling you out on your "reporting"? Perhaps your methods need a tweak?

Good point there.. and appreciate that comment. I will consider how I do this in the future for sure but to be honest to answer your question about my target market.. there are not many people calling me out? Most people that follow me appreciate that I am not just another lackey .. they appreciate that I try to research and investigate things, that I pose questions outside the normal pinball talking points, that I am honest and likewise unbiased in what I do.. because I do care.. so that is my format.. I ask hard questions sometimes and pose opinion op eds to discuss, but I also along the way find out things that some may not be happy about.. that said some people may hate what I do.. but a lot appreciate me shooting it straight. I want manufacturers to be the best they can and to find great success and likewise I will do what I can to help them while protecting the community beyond that .. I cannot please everyone and likewise that it ok.. everyone will always have different opinions.. different viewpoints.. etc.. But one thing I will always strive to do is to give unbiased material from the rumors, in the news, opinion op eds, to investigative stuff like this to even my reviews..From what I have seen so far most appreciate that..

Again thank you for commenting and for your feedback. Truly appreciate it

#40 20 days ago
    Quoted from NathanN:

To answer your question I have spent a month researching and verifying what I put out

Did you, at any stage, call Suncoast pinball and ask for their side of the story?

That’s balanced reporting.

rd

#41 18 days ago

Black Knight Premium Review:

#43 18 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Anyone who calls a pinball machine a “table”
    should maybe reconsider what they’re reviewing.
    That gameplay footage showed some average playing. Why didn’t you backhand the lock target over and over? Do that and you’re half way to the GC. I figured that out after two games .... multiball after multiball is the way to go on that “table” ... lock it at the bottom and lock it at the top, and get some modes cranking.
    rd

Thank you for the response RD! I have always referred to them as tables but a Playfield is a Playfield, I get it. I have slowly been getting always from that term but I called them tables back when I was 7 in the bar with my dad shooting pool and playing arcades.. must be a southern thing lol..

You are right on the Gameplay. I am not a competition player and would say I am good at pinball. The format I shoot is never in a fixed location it is always in route, generally multiple machines back to back and limited time to shoot seeing I got 2 young kids.. so although I would like to play a game for 30 minutes it is just not doable with those restraints but also for my format which is quicker straight to the point Reviews so what I do for this all to work is shoot to engage the Playfield and targets so people can get a taste .. i am not shooting for points just trying to hit the lanes and different areas to show them off and what they do

That was my third time playing that machine had to drive 3 hours to play it and get video content. What you said does sound like a good strategy.. Once I get the opportunity to play it again I will definitely take your advice on that! Appreciate the heads up there, and truly appreciate you following us and watching!

#44 18 days ago

Good reply.

My post came off as douchey and I’m not “that guy” ... enough of that on Pinside already without me adding to it.

Good luck with your venture.

rd

#45 15 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Good reply.
    My post came off as douchey and I’m not “that guy” ... enough of that on Pinside already without me adding to it.
    Good luck with your venture.
    rd

Thanks man I actually do appreciate the feedback so keep it real and keep it coming. That is what makes me better ! But yes I take a lot of heat on here but that is ok.. I have thick skin and likewise it helps me to better myself in all that I do from headlines, shooting instead of engaging, camera angles etc.. I will say I may shoot more methodical now with the purpose of engaging instead of just shooting in general .. you made a good point. I have roughly 75 unpublished reviews already shot releasing weekly at this point but on my next times out to get content I will try to make that work.. again appreciate the advice and hopefully that will showcase better Gameplay

#46 15 days ago
    Quoted from NathanN:so although I would like to play a game for 30 minutes it is just not doable with those restraints but also for my format which is quicker straight to the point Review

I’d maybe add that there is no way you can format a review of anything in less than half an hour.

I played BKSORLE for the first time last Friday, it took me half an hour to figure out where the shots were, let alone how all the modes worked.

If I’d reviewed it after the first two games, my review would have been “this thing is a heap of shit!” But after I figured out the shots, got a few things going, learnt to play totally controlled (or you die) and GCd the game third game in, my review is totally different. It went from “why would you ever buy this thing?” to “‘maybe I would buy one”.

I got my Alice Cooper a month ago, only now would I would feel comfortable giving it a detailed review .. I know all the modes, all the multiballs, and have almost beaten the machine a couple of times. So I can give a valid, balanced review of the thing, good and bad.

In these days of 5 second attention spans, there is a rush to get things “to air” as quick as possible ... just take more time and do it in a more comprehensive way.

Another route would be to interview a local player who has spent time on the machine and he can show you the ropes, which would provide better content. Maybe team up with them ... or join the local league where they might have access to the new machines locally.

Just my 5c.

rd

#47 14 days ago

Monster Bash Remake Review:

#48 14 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I’d maybe add that there is no way you can format a review of anything in less than half an hour.
    I played BKSORLE for the first time last Friday, it took me half an hour to figure out where the shots were, let alone how all the modes worked.
    If I’d reviewed it after the first two games, my review would have been “this thing is a heap of shit!” But after I figured out the shots, got a few things going, learnt to play totally controlled (or you die) and GCd the game third game in, my review is totally different. It went from “why would you ever buy this thing?” to “‘maybe I would buy one”.
    I got my Alice Cooper a month ago, only now would I would feel comfortable giving it a detailed review .. I know all the modes, all the multiballs, and have almost beaten the machine a couple of times. So I can give a valid, balanced review of the thing, good and bad.
    In these days of 5 second attention spans, there is a rush to get things “to air” as quick as possible ... just take more time and do it in a more comprehensive way.
    Another route would be to interview a local player who has spent time on the machine and he can show you the ropes, which would provide better content. Maybe team up with them ... or join the local league where they might have access to the new machines locally.
    Just my 5c.
    rd

I get what you are saying. I already reviewed the Pro twice and now this premium beyond just playing the premium so I had over 30 games on the pro and premium but you make a great point.. I generally play 3-5 times and record on 2 of the attempts near the end . I will definitely take your points into consideration. Check out monster Bash review. Let me know if that is better

#49 14 days ago

You're nuts, wider flipper gap? It's an illusion.

2" is 2" no matter how you measure it.

20190807_151031 (resized).jpg20190807_151945 (resized).jpg
    #50 13 days ago
    Quoted from TODD969:

You're nuts, wider flipper gap? It's an illusion.
    2" is 2" no matter how you measure it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Could definitely be an illusion so you make a good point, but look at the angle of the flippers, they are pointed more downward which back to your point makes it look wider for sure. I will generally say wider gap if they are actually wider or based on their angle seeing it changes the trajectory of the ball and increases difficulty.. so that all falls under flipper gap when I say that. Great points !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 234.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 94.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside