Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yesh23
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DCF93D5C-DA65-4EF6-B58F-EE8D646BC289 (resized).jpeg
    B82DC41C-D838-4C69-8377-DFE5CE04B504 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    F2789E48-C967-46A7-8AD1-BF55CE07C323 (resized).jpeg
    A0D47767-A55D-4B2B-BED1-E81A986B8D37 (resized).jpeg
    0B577267-5CDD-49B0-8C53-F721C9C4F937 (resized).jpeg
    8E3EDD47-46E5-4535-A98E-A8D300F9AA99 (resized).jpeg
    5E1BC4C3-32EA-45E7-BDC2-A64B69B536BC (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    138B13E0-4C22-4937-8945-921A0A0956CA (resized).jpeg
    20201110_160008 (resized).jpg
    20210115_204308 (resized).jpg
    16382604412671616358126942873182 (resized).jpg
    1D86F0A2-8548-49D3-A747-E88BB0200B2C (resized).jpeg
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Damn, that is a disappointment

Yea, other than that is plays nice. It took me a hour or so to put together and then I played another hour and overall it is a nice addition to the arcade. I wold never pay the insane price tag for either original. Spinner works fine and the trigger is a little clicky but works great.

#102 2 years ago

Mine arrived Saturday, hopefully get it together tonight.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Yea, other than that is plays nice. It took me a hour or so to put together and then I played another hour and overall it is a nice addition to the arcade. I wold never pay the insane price tag for either original. Spinner works fine and the trigger is a little clicky but works great.

I keep hearing that the trigger is clicky but does it fire fast enough to beat the latter modes of MCP or the spiders? If you know the game well enough, you need to shoot fast to beat those.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I keep hearing that the trigger is clicky but does it fire fast enough to beat the latter modes of MCP or the spiders? If you know the game well enough, you need to shoot fast to beat those.

I did not get that deep yet, but it shoots fast.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

They have to keep these at a certain height to still consider them a toy and not a commercial product. They sell the riser, because in the beginning every adult was complaining about having to stand on their knees to play these machines. They get away with making these much taller by using the riser and still keeping the 4 foot cabinet height.
    The original Tron joystick was a four-way/8 way very specialized to play the light cycles and be able to have the diagonal ability to play the other games in Tron
    The push pull spinner and the thumb button on the joystick is a must for DOT.
    If any of these elements are missing from this machine, neither game will work very well. I hope everyone who buys one of these doesn’t have to spend too much on mods to make the game worthwhile

It has push pull spinner and the button on the joystick and the joystick is 8 way. The cab with riser is 6 foot tall, so taller than all the other arcade1ups.

#106 2 years ago

Tron lives! Here’s a height comparison, all with risers. It’s definitely taller than the rest of the cabinets. It looks great in person and plays well. I may upgrade the spinner down the line and add a kickplate decal, but for now it’s totally solid.

My biggest gripes are (1) the power switch is single position, so it doesn’t come on with the rest of my games and (2) the color changing light bar doesn’t come on with the game.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

My biggest gripes are (1) the power switch is single position, so it doesn’t come on with the rest of my games and (2) the color changing light bar doesn’t come on with the game.
    [quoted image]

Yea, these are probably my only 2 complaints, but pretty minor. Someone on facebook acted like there was already a software update for it.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Yea, these are probably my only 2 complaints, but pretty minor. Someone on facebook acted like there was already a software update for it.

There is a software update, but no dice after I updated. Not sure if there’s a setting I’m missing.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Tron lives! Here’s a height comparison, all with risers. It’s definitely taller than the rest of the cabinets. It looks great in person and plays well. I may upgrade the spinner down the line and add a kickplate decal, but for now it’s totally solid.
    [quoted image]

So how does the color changing light bar come on then? Only during the game?
    It is also pretty weak that the game didn’t come with art on the front/kickplate. Looks barren there.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It is also pretty weak that the game didn’t come with art on the front/kickplate. Looks barren there.

There’s a button on the screen. When you power up, everything lights up… except the light bar. Weird.

I ordered a kickplate decal. Spendy, but I’ll have this cabinet for a while. I checked out several versions, but this one does not black out the actors.

1D86F0A2-8548-49D3-A747-E88BB0200B2C (resized).jpeg1D86F0A2-8548-49D3-A747-E88BB0200B2C (resized).jpeg
    #112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

There’s a button on the screen. When you power up, everything lights up… except the light bar. Weird.
    I ordered a kickplate decal. Spendy, but I’ll have this cabinet for a while. I checked out several versions, but this one does not black out the actors. [quoted image]

Where did you pick that decal up?
    Please, and Thank you.
    Does the light bar ever light up?

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Where did you pick that decal up?
    Please, and Thank you.

https://gameongrafix.com/product/tron-encom-micro-center-arcade-graphic/

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does the light bar ever light up

Yes, but you have to manually push the button on the screen for it to work *after* you power on. Not a deal breaker but annoying.

#114 2 years ago

This is my first 1up.I put mine together yesterday. It took me a little longer than it should have, but I've been in a hurry before with things and had to go back and correct it. It would help to have a extra pair of hands at the end, especially with putting it in the riser. I got it mostly for the DOT as I used to have one. It's been at least 15 years since I've played one. I'm very happy with it! It's not quite as smooth playing as I remember, but it's close! I think it's worth the $.

16382604412671616358126942873182 (resized).jpg16382604412671616358126942873182 (resized).jpg
    #115 2 years ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

Dragon's Lair/Space Ace are coming, with art sets for both styles, but I'm curious on the emulation as well. New Wave Toys did an awesome job on their mini-cade package, so I'm hoping A1Up's follows the same emulation. The one thing I hope A1Up changes is their idea for needing to dock your phone above the screen to emulate the LED scoring.
    As for Tron, I added myself to the pre-order craziness. My only other two must-buys are Dragon's Lair and Track & Field.

Dragon's Lair and Track & Field are 2 of my favorites. I own them both.

20201110_160008 (resized).jpg20201110_160008 (resized).jpg20210115_204308 (resized).jpg20210115_204308 (resized).jpg

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

$700. I would never spend $4000 and up for either game and I get both now. I am thinking about adding a coindoor or decal for the kickplate.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

Dragon's Lair and Track & Field are 2 of my favorites. I own them both.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I really hope 1up makes a track and field cabinet, been looking for a while with no luck. It was rumored this past summer.

#118 2 years ago

It won’t last forever, but I’ll take 2nd in the world for now! (DoT)

138B13E0-4C22-4937-8945-921A0A0956CA (resized).jpeg138B13E0-4C22-4937-8945-921A0A0956CA (resized).jpeg

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

nice score. My highest ever is probably around 60,000

#120 2 years ago

I have a single switch that powers up my entire arcade. The problem with Tron is that the power switch doesn’t stay in the on/off position, but rather in the middle. When I power on the arcade, Tron stays off unless I manually turn it on.

Solution: You can use a small spacer to keep the power switch to ON. I used a metal nut but I’ll use something less visible in the future.

Anyway, the process cost me about 5 seconds and $0.02.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have a single switch that powers up my entire arcade. The problem with Tron is that the power switch doesn’t stay in the on/off position, but rather in the middle. When I power on the arcade, Tron stays off unless I manually turn it on.
    Solution: You can use a small spacer to keep the power switch to ON. I used a metal nut but I’ll use something less visible in the future.
    Anyway, the process cost me about 5 seconds and $0.02.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

nice

#122 2 years ago

Does the stool have a height adjustment to allow use in a cab without the riser?

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Does the stool have a height adjustment to allow use in a cab without the riser?

no

#124 2 years ago

The ones I have you can assemble for 24” or 29”. My tron isn’t here yet, but all my other Arcade1up stools are like this. The pictures appear to be the same type of stool.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

The ones I have you can assemble for 24” or 29”. My tron isn’t here yet, but all my other Arcade1up stools are like this. The pictures appear to be the same type of stool.

I just went and looked again to make sure and mine only has 1 assembly height.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I just went and looked again to make sure and mine only has 1 assembly height.

Really surprised, so your saying you can’t do this to your stool?

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

[quoted image]

No - it's not adjustable.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

[quoted image]

Nope.

#129 2 years ago

Wow, I’m just really surprised they would change the design. Fair enough, not adjustable… thanks.

#130 2 years ago

Picked one of these up, seemed like a no brainer. I’ll update when I get my cab and all setup. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1130399195/arcade1up-tron-s-panel-translitedisplay?ref=hp_rv-2&frs=1&bes=1
    5E1BC4C3-32EA-45E7-BDC2-A64B69B536BC (resized).jpeg5E1BC4C3-32EA-45E7-BDC2-A64B69B536BC (resized).jpeg

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Picked one of these up, seemed like a no brainer. I’ll update when I get my cab and all setup. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1130399195/arcade1up-tron-s-panel-translitedisplay?ref=hp_rv-2&frs=1&bes=1
    [quoted image]

Thanks for the link, I just got one too.

I plan to use an LED strip with the translucent print. However, a digital frame or iPad with the MCP rotating would be pretty cool as well.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

[quoted image]

Looking forward to your update, I may have to get this as well.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Looking forward to your update, I may have to get this as well.

Gotta say, I'm liking this more and more. I have a golden tee and a converted final fight already. This would make a great addition.

#134 2 years ago

My thoughts after owning 2 trons in the past on the 1up.... it's nice, the button is clicky but so what.... the real issue is the joystick on the light cycles, and the spinner response. The spinner is definitely slower reacting than the uprights, and it makes some tank screens difficult, and once I make it to the X pattern on the grid bugs where there is NO delay at the start (you have to shoot the 2 to the right of tron INSTANTLY or you die) - it might be an issue.

The light cycles there's a very slight delay on the joystick vs. what I'm used to on the originals. I'll have to adjust my playing.

I didn't realize that the original DoT upright didn't have the speech either, my buddy has the 1up too and he's active on whatever forums that cater to it, they might be adding it. Honestly I haven't even launched DoT once on my 1up as I don't care for the game.... I'm all about the tron.

I should have registered for the live online thing as my HSTD so far is 102,500.

The only other thing I'd like to see on the joystick is a rapid fire circuit, same thing I want for the star wars. My old fingers with their carpal-tunnelly setup can't fire like I used to

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

My thoughts after owning 2 trons in the past on the 1up.... it's nice, the button is clicky but so what.... the real issue is the joystick on the light cycles, and the spinner response. The spinner is definitely slower reacting than the uprights, and it makes some tank screens difficult, and once I make it to the X pattern on the grid bugs where there is NO delay at the start (you have to shoot the 2 to the right of tron INSTANTLY or you die) - it might be an issue.
    The light cycles there's a very slight delay on the joystick vs. what I'm used to on the originals. I'll have to adjust my playing.
    I didn't realize that the original DoT upright didn't have the speech either, my buddy has the 1up too and he's active on whatever forums that cater to it, they might be adding it. Honestly I haven't even launched DoT once on my 1up as I don't care for the game.... I'm all about the tron.
    I should have registered for the live online thing as my HSTD so far is 102,500.
    The only other thing I'd like to see on the joystick is a rapid fire circuit, same thing I want for the star wars. My old fingers with their carpal-tunnelly setup can't fire like I used to

good review from a previous OG owner. So far I am digging it and can't really feel any delay in the spinner. The stick is a little clicky but no big deal. Someone on the forums said the upgraded the spring in the stick and it helped with rate of fire. I am assuming at some point we will be able to upgrade the spinner and stick and they will add the voice on DOT. Overall, I am very happy with the 1up as I will never pay crazy money for the OG of either version.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

[quoted image]

This looks cool. Sucks you have to take the game apart to install. Once you get it and install please let us know how it goes.

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image]

that's the one up version? no wonder this one is more expensive. But double the cost of the Star wars one? that has a much more complex controller setup. Seems like price gouging to me on the Tron. I wouldn't mind getting one, but double the price of any other 1up seems excessive.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

looks like you are just starscream

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's the one up version? no wonder this one is more expensive. But double the cost of the Star wars one? that has a much more complex controller setup. Seems like price gouging to me on the Tron. I wouldn't mind getting one, but double the price of any other 1up seems excessive.

SW was $499. Tron was $599 with my Target coupon. I’m happy with both purchases.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

This looks cool. Sucks you have to take the game apart to install. Once you get it and install please let us know how it goes.

Sold out, l hope he makes more soon.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Sold out, l hope he makes more soon.

Well damn.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Hoping it gets here soon. My tron showed up yesterday, and frankly it’s killing me not putting it together already! Lol

#143 2 years ago

I had one delivered but I changed my mind and took it back to Target. Too expensive for the handful of times I would have played it. Plus local barcade has the original so I can spend a few bucks there and get my fill.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

SW was $499. Tron was $599 with my Target coupon. I’m happy with both purchases.

but retail is $800, which is insane. SW even came with a base and mine was $400.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but retail is $800, which is insane. SW even came with a base and mine was $400.

Retail for Tron is $699. But yeah, Star Wars started at $500 and dropped $100.

For what you’re getting, the prices are outrageous. But they’re pretty awesome if these are your thing.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$699 retail, but yeah nothing is cheap right now. I miss the cheap pins too bro

#147 2 years ago

I wish they didn't include the stool and made it $100 less. I hosted a pinball tournament last Saturday and people were on that Tron non stop all day. It's still a good deal compared to an original Tron game (and way way lighter LOL). My original was a PITA to keep working so this was a no brainer for me to get (plus the DoT addition). I don't miss my old original now

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I wish they didn't include the stool and made it $100 less. I hosted a pinball tournament last Saturday and people were on that Tron non stop all day. It's still a good deal compared to an original Tron game (and way way lighter LOL). My original was a PITA to keep working so this was a no brainer for me to get (plus the DoT addition). I don't miss my old original now

agree

#149 2 years ago

This is my first 1UP machine and didn't know what to expect. Well, my spinner went from working, to intermittent, to non working in a about 10 days of light use. 1UP is sending a replacement, but I have not received a tracking number yet. For the most part, I really like the machine. I just wish the spinner and joystick were more arcade quality. For the price, it should have been. I am sure the mouse had to get it's cut. Overall, I am pretty happy. I did order a S-panel for the MCP picture from Etsy. That really is a part of the machine that should have been included. I would have rather had those simple mods, rather than a stool I will not use.

#150 2 years ago

arcade 1up is very good at getting replacements for damaged items very fast. I had to have a new marquee sent to me for my SW unit and got it in fairly quick time. Good customer service.

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-1up-tron/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.