(Topic ID: 109014)

Aquabats Super Show Pin would be Super Rad!!

By jasonp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BAT COMMANDER.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Just imagine the toys!!!!

#2 9 years ago

I'm glad someone else out there thinks an Aquabats pin would be super rad!

#3 9 years ago

I took my 4 year old to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live and there was a pack of older Aquabats fans that showed up. Long story short, another band played and they seemed super embarrassed to be at a kids concert. To add insult to injury they were also all dressed up like the band.

#4 9 years ago

Haha, did you know the main singer of The Aquabats, Christian Jacobs, is the man who created Yo Gabba Gabba? He said he was tired of nothing being on for his kid.

#5 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much for them to do all custom speech - in fact THEY'D probably pay the pin manufacturer - lol...

There you go, they re-themed FG as Shrek, when someone finally does Spinal Tap they can re-theme that to the Aquabats and cover a younger demographic.

My kids have no idea but I always get a chuckle when I hear the Joy Division and Billy Idol references on Radio Down.

-Rod

#6 9 years ago

The only thing I know about The Aquabats! is that it was done by one of the creators of the Homestar Runner web cartoon...

Homestar Runner would make a great pinball actually. Could have some pretty good art and rules if it was done by a respected designer.

#7 9 years ago

Tell your mom...tell your dad...that would be super rad.

--Luke

#8 9 years ago

How about a monsters of Punk Rock pin with several bands liek what I wnat doen with heavy metal.

#9 9 years ago

That would be could but I think if they did The Aquabats! pin closer to a Monster Bash style it would be super sweet.

#10 9 years ago

The Bus on the playfield ... Pool Party mode .. Fashion Zombies .. Great theme for kids and adults.
    I always felt the super show was a throw back to the 70s ... When Pins were KING!!!!

#11 9 years ago

Super Power Magic Man Wizard Mode? Sign me up!

#12 9 years ago

Haven't seen them live in a while, the first time I did was EIGHTEEN years ago, first album and they opened for the toy dolls.

Damn I feel old all of the sudden.

#13 9 years ago

I just went and seen them last September and it's still as great as ever. An awesome live show for the whole family.

#14 9 years ago

I stern can do ac/dc and Metallica ....Why not?

#15 9 years ago

I agree. Plus you would be hitting a good size demographic.

#16 9 years ago

Really happy to see some Aquabats fans here on pinside. If they had a pin, you just know they're be tons of toys...all of which made by Gloopy.

#17 9 years ago

Haha, really...how many toys have they "made" through Gloopy? There is so much stuff you can pick from that they could make a great pin for the hardcore fan.

#18 9 years ago

Also when you complete wizard mode it goes into a "Look at me, I'm a winner" mode! Or that could incorporated into wizard mode

#19 9 years ago

What are everone's favorite songs?

Here's a few of mine:

Pizza Day
    Hey Homies
    The Cat With Two Heads
    Pool Party
    and of course...Super Rad

--Luke

#20 9 years ago

My wife and I just had Red Sweater as our exit song at our wedding.

#21 9 years ago

That's funny, we had Lovers of Loving Love for the processional. A fan for 17 years.

#22 9 years ago

Awesome!

I was just like, "whoah 17 years"?. Then did the math...me too, doesn't seem that long ago.

When they were touring with 2 Skinnee J's in the late 90s/early 2000s- that was always an amazing concert all around.

#23 9 years ago

Would there be a cool pool party mode? Octagon?

Travis Barker used to be the drummer for the aquabats before he was the drummer for Blink 182

#24 9 years ago

Huge Aquabats fan myself. I've been seeing them live for what seems like a decade or more.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Amarillopinball:

Travis Barker used to be the drummer for the aquabats before he was the drummer for Blink 182

They seem to be over it now, but at the time he left they had a photo of him stabbing another one of the bats in the back all drawn in MS Paint.

#26 9 years ago

I was actually at the show when the change over happened. Aquabats and Blink 182 opened for Madness in Oakland way back in the day. The drummer for Blink 182 injured himself that day and Travis Barker sat in with them that night having barely practiced any of the songs. Was cool to be there but truthfully I never liked Blink 182, they were super rude on stage too and being very chauvinistic to the female fans in the audience.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighNoon:

What are everone's favorite songs?

My number one is "Look at Me, I'm a winner"
    Super Rad
    Pool Party
    Pizza Day
    Danger Woman
    Awesome Forces
    Pink Pants (Feating Strong Bad)

I have a playlist of my 40 favorite songs. Haha I could keep going but those are some of the best songs in my opinion.

Quoted from catboxer:

They seem to be over it now

It's funny you mention that. I really think Christen (aka - MC Bat Commander) took it the hardest when Travis left. I agree with them being over it. They keep posting pictures of Baron Von Tito (Travis Barker) on their throw back Thursday and even wish Travis a happy birthday today on their Facebook.

Also on their wiki page i found this

A running joke among fans is that everyone always name-drops Travis Barker when trying to show of how much they know about everything ever and forever. Mostly it goes like this: "Oh, cool shirt. You like The Aquabats? Did you know that Travis Barker played for The Aquabats?" It's happened so much that now it has become an in-joke to remind each other that Travis Barker was in The Aquabats. Did you know?

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I was actually at the show when the change over happened. Aquabats and Blink 182 opened for Madness in Oakland way back in the day. The drummer for Blink 182 injured himself that day and Travis Barker sat in with them that night having barely practiced any of the songs. Was cool to be there but truthfully I never liked Blink 182, they were super rude on stage too and being very chauvinistic to the female fans in the audience.

Weird, I thought that he filled in at Big Day Out in Sydney, or at least I thought I read that in a book titled "Tales from beneath your mom" about the origins of Blink.

#29 9 years ago

Weird, I thought that he filled in at Big Day Out in Sydney, or at least I thought I read that in a book titled "Tales from beneath your mom" about the origins of Blink.

Huh. I could very well be wrong, maybe it was one of the first few shows he did back then. I know they introduced him saying that he was just filling in and said he had just learned the songs, must not have been the very first show though. I stand corrected.

#30 9 years ago

The Aquabats is a top 5 pin theme for me. MC Bat Commander is also Archie Bunker's grandson Joey...tru story.

Me with The Commander at a show a few months ago:

BAT COMMANDER.jpgBAT COMMANDER.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aquabats-super-show-pin-would-be-super-rad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.