c7259063438e9515e931807472aa9871 (resized).jpg
wateruntitled (resized).png
Soul_Man_1986 (resized).png
white-chicks-movie-poster-2004-1010251874 (resized).jpg
White Chicks (resized).jpg
Heston clings02 (resized).jpg
poster2b (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago

It’s been fun guys, by alas all good things must come to a lock.

#202 5 years ago

We're just talking about pinball here.

#203 5 years ago

Wow! This thread is still going!

So one thing about me is that I'm a lifelong stutterer. The stuttering thing is weird because I can hold entire conversations without stuttering and then ten minutes later can't get a word out without stuttering, complete with face contortions. My go to joke is that I'm one broken chromosome away from being normal. My speech impediment is one reason it can be perceived that I'm a bit standoffish at pinball expos.

I grew up loving Porky Pig and laughed my ass off at Stuttering John when he was on the Howard Stern Show. Yes, I was bullied and beaten up in school, yet I have never expected society to conform to my sensitivities. I'm not saying that it's acceptable to bully or make fun of anyone, but I think we've lost the ability to laugh at ourselves now and then.

#204 5 years ago

I am offended by PC jammed down my throat. FROM ALL MEDIA. STOP
I am offended by people who choose to look/act a certain way and when you don't like it, tears and tantrums flow.
I am especially offended by people that choose not to conform to social expectations.
I am offended when called ignorant by those that do not respect my point of view.
I am offended that some are offended by words, but want me to tell them what they want to hear.
I am offended when people are offended by my point of view and start shouting without constructive dialogue exchange.
I am offended by minorities dictating to majorities.
Oh dear, just lately I want to find my safe space and shut this PC crap out.

better silent (resized).jpgbetter silent (resized).jpg

#205 5 years ago

Ah... My brother Yo-Din once again stirring the proverbial pot that is Pinside.
Some beautiful things about this thread:
Watching my other brother Levi kicking ass and taking names once again.
My other other brother Steve trying to be so reasonable and sane amidst the carnage.
Seeing that there are some stand up guys around here.
One handy thread has told me whom I can now flip the ignore switch on.
How Yo-Din lit this tire fire with seven words and a picture of a fictional character.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Ah... My brother Yo-Din once again stirring the proverbial pot that is Pinside.
Some beautiful things about this thread:
Watching my other brother Levi kicking ass and taking names once again.
My other other brother Steve trying to be so reasonable and sane amidst the carnage.
Seeing that there are some stand up guys around here.
One handy thread has told me whom I can now flip the ignore switch on.
How Yo-Din lit this tire fire with seven words and a picture of a fictional character.

Whew....thanks for the "thumbs up", Mark.

I was a little worried that I was one of those that got their ignore switch flipped!

Can't wait to see everyone at GSPF.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Whew....thanks for the "thumbs up", Mark.
I was a little worried that I was one of those that got their ignore switch flipped!

C'mon now Tony-Tone-Tone, you know I ain't shy about shtuff. You'd surely have knowed by now... Although if you don't "get new glasses" soon, I'ma gonna get suspicious

See y'all in Lodi.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

Racism is racism... This is not something we should be debating on Pinside

Please learn the proper definition of racism first. There is nothing racist about ANY of this.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

C'mon now Tony-Tone-Tone, you know I ain't shy about shtuff. You'd surely have knowed by now... Although if you don't "get new glasses" soon, I'ma gonna get suspicious
See y'all in Lodi.

Costco mañana for my hearing test, Costco next week for glasses, getting my twice a week shots for allergies starting in two weeks.

I've finally decided to do all the stuff I've been putting off for years. It'll be great to hear in a crowded room, drive at night and not sneeze 200 times a day!

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

As interesting as this is to explore this topic I feel like it's veering too far away from pinball. Maybe we can incorporate the two.
What pins would these Apu haters dislike the most?
Simpsons
Diner
Ripleys
Big Juicy Melons
Plenty more I'm sure

I can’t beli that you left off Roadshow....that pin is full of stereotypes. Starting with the first mode running over the taxi drivers in NY.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Classic is a stretch.
Although, Rae Dawn Chong.

Helluva crush on her in commando

1C92242F-E6B9-4A7D-A41F-55434F41F2D2 (resized).png1C92242F-E6B9-4A7D-A41F-55434F41F2D2 (resized).png

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I can’t beli that you left off Roadshow....that pin is full of stereotypes. Starting with the first mode running over the taxi drivers in NY.

I left it open to be expanded upon.

#213 5 years ago

Without a doubt it’s all messed up, hence I don’t watch the news, get on Facebook, or talk to people honestly very much anymore unless I know them. Traveling internationally is a hassle because all I get are questions based upon what the media pushes. I remind my international friends the “media” and “Hollywood” got it wrong throughout the last election and have gotten no better so stop listening.

#214 5 years ago

Oh and I’m also tired of the marches, the protests, the pins, the stickers, the interviews, the books, the PC BS, and the non strip whining

Go back to fucking work cause I know if you were out working as hard as I do you wouldn’t have time to worry about 99% of the shit people seem too

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Oh and I’m also tired of the marches, the protests, the pins, the stickers, the interviews, the books, the PC BS, and the non strip whining
Go back to fucking work cause I know if you were out working as hard as I do you wouldn’t have time to worry about 99% of the shit people seem too

Oh boo hoo. Are you triggered by all the marches? Do the pins hurt your feelings? The non stop whining which is EXACTLY what you are doing.

I work full time, did and extra Saturday shift and I still had time to do the March for Life with my son a few weeks back. The right to peaceful protest in this country is what makes America great and is one of the cornerstones it was found on.

And since this thread is already 100% political, im going to use a term I hear all too often when I use my right to criticize the garbage fire that is the current administration- If you don’t like it why don’t you get out!

4E8824FC-5CE5-40F7-9458-7FF581D0CD1A (resized).jpeg4E8824FC-5CE5-40F7-9458-7FF581D0CD1A (resized).jpeg

#216 5 years ago

apu (resized).jpgapu (resized).jpg

#217 5 years ago

Love and peace to you all !

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you could get away with All in the Family today. Blazing Saddles I'm not sure, but the sincerity of the film makes me think they could. Mel Brooks is an American treasure.

On Mel Brooks and edgy satire, I present the finest video essay:

#219 5 years ago

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#220 5 years ago

my cats ass smells like cat shit

#221 5 years ago

I'm offended by the use of the term cat, mine prefer the term feline.

Yes, that was

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apu-is-now-up-against-the-ropes/page/5?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.